Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Default nba playoffs

actually fuck this i can't even talk about basketball here because everyone who likes it is a goddamn ravenous cretin

Old 04-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Should harden or Westbrook get MVP?

Old 04-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Should harden or Westbrook get MVP?
westbrook and not just because i hate harden & the real homer pick would be kawhi

but westbrook averaged a triple double maaaaaan

Old 04-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #4
The Omega Concern
Banned

I'd take Kawhi over both of them.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #5
The Omega Concern
Banned

Durant out for gm 2. calf. errrmmm...i'd guess his knee injury flared up a bit and they can afford to rest him even in the playoffs. cray cray...

Old 04-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #6
fuzzyroes
Banned

Washington Wizards are my dark horse team to make it all of the way. But of course in all likelihood it's gonna be the Warriors.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #7
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Pistons spent $108,000,000 to not make playoffs. It's fitting that they'll share an arena with the Red Wings

Old 04-19-2017, 11:34 PM   #8
fuzzyroes
Banned

Pistons may have a high salary, but they also have a really bright future. So do not fret dear Scotty!

Old 04-20-2017, 01:54 AM   #9
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

playoffs this year are one gigantic bore let's be honest here

in fact this entire season has been a horrific snoozefest save for some individual efforts here and there

Old 04-20-2017, 03:43 AM   #10
Trotskilicious
Banned

i don't think you like basketball, because iirc you always say stuff like this

Old 04-21-2017, 03:08 AM   #11
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

not really

Old 04-21-2017, 03:08 AM   #12
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Cavs with an amazing game 3 tho, lebron was incredible

Old 04-21-2017, 03:23 AM   #13
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i will concede that i think the NBA has lost a lot of flair in recent years

it's become a fashionable, homogenized product more than ever, and everything that was ever gritty about it (in the good sense, not the bad shit) has been replaced by sterile clean cut hyper self aware gross superstardom. maybe i'm just getting old and cynical but i feel like it's peaking rn.

it's undeniable that defense is basically almost non existent anymore these days save for a few select teams. competitiveness has been significantly reduced for what makes the better part of the year. durant's move to the warriors, teams sitting their entire leading roster out in games that are to decide 1st conference standing, heated trash talk gets you a technical. that shit ain't cool and i think it's a shame

Old 04-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #14
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i will concede that i think the NBA has lost a lot of flair in recent years

it's become a fashionable, homogenized product more than ever, and everything that was ever gritty about it (in the good sense, not the bad shit) has been replaced by sterile clean cut hyper self aware gross superstardom. maybe i'm just getting old and cynical but i feel like it's peaking rn.

it's undeniable that defense is basically almost non existent anymore these days save for a few select teams. competitiveness has been significantly reduced for what makes the better part of the year. durant's move to the warriors, teams sitting their entire leading roster out in games that are to decide 1st conference standing, heated trash talk gets you a technical. that shit ain't cool and i think it's a shame
the 90s and 00s were fucking awful basketball & if thats all you can say seriously stop watching the sport because you just don't get it at all. the fact that you want "grit" in a finesse support says everything to me. i'd take today's spurs team over any one of those bruce bowen 88 point average squads of the mid 00s, that was atrocious, ugly basketball even when my team was winning 60+ games and titles every odd year. Shaq was fucking unwatchable period. and i don't understand why guys like you keep acting like it was a better time. I mean I could go into more detail but it just seems like you're being resentful of men because you feel like you need to be. Idk what your deal is about resenting these guys getting paid for their fucking labor but it doesn't make a lot of sense, and also overall you seem obsessed with the way people present themselves & you're always worried about them being self-aware (???) or being stars, or being fashionable, or anything. Its like you want every fucking player to be Tim Duncan. Get over it, holy shit. Even Tim Duncan is self aware. Do you think Kawhi Leonard doesn't know exactly that he's poker faced all the time? He's aware of it, let me tell you. Nobody dunks like Kawhi does and doesn't have white hot passion for roundball.

the thing about defense just annoys me so much because if you watched the bucks or even the grizz last night you'd see its not an issue of bad defense, its actually an issue of good offenses & the rise of the three pointer. but i don't think you watch any games, i think you look at scores and feel the need to complain about bad defense if they crack 100.

the only thing i agree with is that there's a parity problem but you can say that about soccer also & nfl has nothing but mediocre teams and is boring because of it.Like everything you wrote is a trope i hear from racist hockey fans, you just didn't mention all the thugs in the nba.

you don't like it thats fine, watch another sport and stop trying to convince me that one of the greatest eras of basketball is actually crappy because its not gritty anymore, thats the kind of garbage old fat retirees like chuck says. The Bad Boys & Shaq ruined the sport for like 2 decades and we're finally back to the free wheeling 70s where creativity & finesse & technique & skill is at an all time high and you're gonna shit all over it, come on man. god damn. you like defense & grit? watch NFL or NHL or even shitty, cynical and boring soccer like chelsea or italy

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 04-21-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #15
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
don't the playoffs in the nba go on until July? what a joke
game one of the finals is june 1, you are such a joke

Old 04-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #16
Trotskilicious
Banned

like it takes seconds to google you fucking cretin

Old 04-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #17
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
the 90s and 00s were fucking awful basketball & if thats all you can say seriously stop watching the sport because you just don't get it at all. the fact that you want "grit" in a finesse support says everything to me. i'd take today's spurs team over any one of those bruce bowen 88 point average squads of the mid 00s, that was atrocious, ugly basketball even when my team was winning 60+ games and titles every odd year. Shaq was fucking unwatchable period. and i don't understand why guys like you keep acting like it was a better time. I mean I could go into more detail but it just seems like you're being resentful of men because you feel like you need to be. Idk what your deal is about resenting these guys getting paid for their fucking labor but it doesn't make a lot of sense, and also overall you seem obsessed with the way people present themselves & you're always worried about them being self-aware (???) or being stars, or being fashionable, or anything. Its like you want every fucking player to be Tim Duncan. Get over it, holy shit. Even Tim Duncan is self aware. Do you think Kawhi Leonard doesn't know exactly that he's poker faced all the time? He's aware of it, let me tell you. Nobody dunks like Kawhi does and doesn't have white hot passion for roundball.

the thing about defense just annoys me so much because if you watched the bucks or even the grizz last night you'd see its not an issue of bad defense, its actually an issue of good offenses & the rise of the three pointer. but i don't think you watch any games, i think you look at scores and feel the need to complain about bad defense if they crack 100.

the only thing i agree with is that there's a parity problem but you can say that about soccer also & nfl has nothing but mediocre teams and is boring because of it.Like everything you wrote is a trope i hear from racist hockey fans, you just didn't mention all the thugs in the nba.

you don't like it thats fine, watch another sport and stop trying to convince me that one of the greatest eras of basketball is actually crappy because its not gritty anymore, thats the kind of garbage old fat retirees like chuck says. The Bad Boys & Shaq ruined the sport for like 2 decades and we're finally back to the free wheeling 70s where creativity & finesse & technique & skill is at an all time high and you're gonna shit all over it, come on man. god damn. you like defense & grit? watch NFL or NHL or even shitty, cynical and boring soccer like chelsea or italy

I agree with your points of the game on the court, the one good point he makes is about the mega-stars of today, they come off pampered these days. The teams are the ones doing the pampering though, as its the PT's and physiological Dr's they employ that are taking rest and recovery science to the Nth degree. The metrics show it works, so the players rest whether they want to or not, most would rather play.

Racist hockey fans...really?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:56 PM   #18
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
playoffs this year are one gigantic bore let's be honest here

in fact this entire season has been a horrific snoozefest save for some individual efforts here and there
W-w-w-w-w-whaaaaat?!?

There's been more league parity and more sensational "must-see" players than there's been in ages.... If you think it's a snoozefest, you maybe just aren't much of a fan.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #19
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

LOL

Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 PM   #20
fuzzyroes
Banned

Took, they say laughter is as healthy as consuming a gardens worth of vegetables

Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 PM   #21
fuzzyroes
Banned

My favorite big man to watch right now is DeAndre Jordan... Even though he's not the most talented, he's just fucking fun to watch. Guy dunks with so much authority.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #22
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post

these are good points to consider honestly.

not trying to convince you of anything btw, just stating my opinion.
i think if an all-time record of some kind gets broken literally every week these days it means either that this is by far and large the absolute diamond era basketball has ever seen, OR that the game simply has gotten softer and allows for more statistical flair. or in the case of douchey fucking Devin Booker, actively chasing it.

almost every game i watch this year i see players getting many uncontested shots, especially inside the paint. i don't want teeth knocked out and stuff like that, but man, i do miss seeing some more competitive defense. some games this year have ended around 130-140, you can't make a serious claim it's still as tight as ever dude, come on. btw, note that i did say some teams still play quality defense this year too, just not most of them. SA and memphis are definitely great defensive teams and specifically it's amazing to see what pop does with SA's limited roster this year, i love that man and he's a genius.

and lastly, it's true that i have somewhat of an obsession for people being less self aware or more humble, i'm tired of everybody i see knowing they're hot shit, but it's kinda like the way what JC said triggered you on that thread in the SP board. it didn't make any of your points there less true. and similarly, you can argue that the arrogance thing a personal pet peeve of mine, but it still doesn't make it untrue that today's players and specifically superstars are much more pampered and concerned with image & stuff than before. if it was only off the court that would be meh fine, but when a player actively doesn't contest a dunk because he's reluctant to get posterized, that bothers me as a viewer, yeah

Old 04-21-2017, 10:32 PM   #23
fuzzyroes
Banned

The worst problem about the NBA is that the refs dictate the outcome.

Vegas sets a line that should be around what they perceive it to end as and the refs make sure the shitty team that nobodies betting on will cover the spread.

There's no grit anymore because the refs will call a foul for every little thing if it helps affect the desired outcome.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #24
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
but it still doesn't make it untrue that today's players and specifically superstars are much more pampered and concerned with image & stuff than before.
pampered is a ridiculous word, this is false and is generally the kind of stuff racists say because they don't like strong black men with money

Quote:
if it was only off the court that would be meh fine, but when a player actively doesn't contest a dunk because he's reluctant to get posterized, that bothers me as a viewer, yeah
you don't fucking know what you're talking about, like at all. like at all. completely at all. Many times people don't contest dunks because thats the single easiest way to commit a foul/and one situation...jesus you make me so mad tbh

every single thing you say about players at large is a broadly negative stereotype levied frequently against black athletes in particular. i can think of james harden and maybe some other guys that its true for but if you're telling me your average nba vet is this way you're fucking idiotic. i can't put it any other way. i think you're just not really aware of how ingrained this kind of negative talking point has been for generations here & how it goes to ******* people like lebron who has basically never done anything wrong.

i'm not even gonna get into the rest of your post.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 04-21-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:57 PM   #25
Trotskilicious
Banned

I mean honestly you sound like a 75 year old larry bird fan in a letters column

Old 04-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #26
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

haha what i said isn't exclusive to black men

Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #27
Trotskilicious
Banned

"haha" it doesn't matter, you don't get it at all

Old 04-21-2017, 11:18 PM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

like you incorrectly & foolishly stereotyped an entire player base with an age old negative stereotype about black players

Old 04-21-2017, 11:21 PM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

it can't possibly be true because it takes an insane amount of work & talent & perseverance and dedication to make it to the nba let alone be a star player but you think russ westbrook is "pampered" based on fucking what my dude? the fact that his clothes are ridiculous and he holds the ball a lot? how about steph, kawhi, even james harden who i hate and i think is pretty narcissistic but even these men practice day and night. i hate kobe & think he's a sociopath but my god did he WORK. and lebron? THE MAN IS A FUCKING SAINT

People have been complaining about flashy "image focused" "primadonna" black athletes since muhummad ali first made white people mad, hell it even goes back to jack johnson

don't pretend you were ever talking about manu ginobili, gordon hayward, kelly olynyk or kristaps porzingis. thats just a fuckin joke my man. you're talking about black players specifically. specifically.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 04-21-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:26 PM   #30
Trotskilicious
Banned

can you even name one white or european player that would fit your little stereotype? i'll wait my dude

extra credit think of all the white guys you think are tough or chippy or hustle players, think of how many white guys you think are exceptions to your little rule