Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2018, 02:09 AM   #3121
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I guess the last girl I really liked (well, still really like, but) was essentially the opposite of a manic pixie dreamgirl, if that makes sense. Is "depressed anxious awkward whimsical ghost flower girl" a stereotype?

Part of me thinks that things would have gone better if instead of me thinking "great, she's awkward, we can be awkward together," I tried to be the guy who let her have fun and broke her out of her shell. I can only imagine that's what her current guy is like. I mean, she gets enough depression on her own, right? Instead of looking for a guy to commiserate with, she probably needed a guy with whom all her anxiety seems to melt away.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:11 AM   #3122
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

as a melancholy kinda goofball, i think you're onto something. lots of awkward girls out there to meet, though. some of them will even approach someone they're into.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:15 AM   #3123
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I do find it a bit reassuring that out of all the people I've gone out with, the three I've really taken a liking to have completely distinct personalities from each other. It means that if things don't work out, I don't even have to look for somebody "like" them, because I guess there's more than one personality type that I'm drawn to.

So, if MPDG turns out to be synonymous with "borderline personality disorder," at least this won't be prescient of a string of doomed flings with crazy people. The flings will only be doomed because of my awkwardness.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:27 AM   #3124
yo soy el mejor

srsly. to have a "type" is to be shallow, i think. none of the guys i've ever dated have looked similar in any way (except i've never dated anyone under 6'1" except for two exceptions) or been the same way around me. i guess personality-wise the only similarity would be is that i tend to find myself with more introverted guys who are a lot sillier in private. but maybe that's everyone. people less talkative than me make me more comfortable and so i'm likely to walk up to someone who isn't talking to anyone.

and mostly every guy i've dated either played guitar, was a drawer, or both. and not by design, it just happened to be.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #3125
FoolofaTook

what a coincidence: i both drum and draw!

could this be love?

Old 10-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #3126
FoolofaTook

Old 10-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #3127
Elphenor
Braindead

protip

the bottle of dye provided is for someone with past shoulders hair

do not dump 3/4ths the thing on your moptop

black everything, came out because I was quick, but lol

Old 10-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #3128
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
You think you can drum and draw better than Jack Bates?

Old 10-20-2018, 01:49 AM   #3129
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
srsly. to have a "type" is to be shallow, i think. none of the guys i've ever dated have looked similar in any way (except i've never dated anyone under 6'1" except for two exceptions) or been the same way around me. i guess personality-wise the only similarity would be is that i tend to find myself with more introverted guys who are a lot sillier in private. but maybe that's everyone. people less talkative than me make me more comfortable and so i'm likely to walk up to someone who isn't talking to anyone.

and mostly every guy i've dated either played guitar, was a drawer, or both. and not by design, it just happened to be.
Almost everybody I've been interested in has been an artist. Even if I didn't know she was an artist before I became interested.

Other than that, I haven't really had a physical type. They've been short, they've been tall. They've all had different styles, though they've all dressed well.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:53 AM   #3130
Elphenor
Braindead

blue hair

Old 10-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #3131
FoolofaTook

patriarchs

Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 AM   #3132
Elphenor
Braindead

I try to avoid blue vesty all weekend

we practically bump into each other as we're leaving, I just look up and she's there looking at me, isolated hallway

was not prepared, this timid look could melt the punk off me, wow that's so unfair

Old 10-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #3133
FoolofaTook

Red face

when the punk skin is shed what shall you find?

UNDER-ARMOR OF METAL!!!

Old 10-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #3134
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
and mostly every guy i've dated ... was a drawer ... and not by design, it just happened to be.
I bet that comes in really handy. With him by your side, you always have somewhere to put your stuff.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #3135
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I try to avoid blue vesty all weekend

we practically bump into each other as we're leaving, I just look up and she's there looking at me, isolated hallway

was not prepared, this timid look could melt the punk off me, wow that's so unfair

Old 10-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #3136
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I bet that comes in really handy. With him by your side, you always have somewhere to put your stuff.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:57 PM   #3137
Shallowed
Braindead

Last edited by Shallowed : 05-10-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:52 PM   #3138
Shallowed
Braindead

Last edited by Shallowed : 01-09-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:12 PM   #3139
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

#growernotashower

Old 10-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #3140
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
This was a fun night

Last one gets NSFW
Looks like you had a fun Halloween weekend.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:43 PM   #3141
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I guess my Halloween weekend was pretty fun, too.

On the Friday, I went to a friend's party. Was pretty fun, I dressed as obscure Batman villain Professor Pyg. The only person I expected to recognize the costume was my friend/the host, as I actually met her because she works at the comic-book store I frequent. But one of her other friends recognized it as well. I recognized her because we hung out once probably over a year ago, when I invited my friend to a metal show, and she brought her BF and this other friend. I'm supposed to have a date with my friend's friend sometime next week, which is cool.

On the Saturday night, I went to another one of those gothic/new wave dance nights, this one a Halloween theme. The idea of dancing in a latex mask didn't much appeal to me, so I just went as a mime instead. Met up with some friends, including a group of friends that I just made last time I was at this pub.

At this thing, I started talking to this girl in a Satan costume, making jokes about how she should pick a fight with my friend dressed as Jesus. Turns out I'd actually met this girl before. She was my mom's coworker, and I met her at a dinner party hosted by another coworker. My mom always told me that she could tell this girl had a crush on me, and would always ask about me. At the end of the night, before leaving, she found me, and asked me out. We're going to a gallery opening tomorrow. I think this is the first time I've been asked out, actually.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:12 PM   #3142
redbreegull

Fuck Halloween, I hate you all for having fun and dressing up and socializing. I'm about to go fucking buy some drugs

Old 10-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #3143
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I guess my Halloween weekend was pretty fun, too.

On the Friday, I went to a friend's party. Was pretty fun, I dressed as obscure Batman villain Professor Pyg. The only person I expected to recognize the costume was my friend/the host, as I actually met her because she works at the comic-book store I frequent. But one of her other friends recognized it as well. I recognized her because we hung out once probably over a year ago, when I invited my friend to a metal show, and she brought her BF and this other friend. I'm supposed to have a date with my friend's friend sometime next week, which is cool.

On the Saturday night, I went to another one of those gothic/new wave dance nights, this one a Halloween theme. The idea of dancing in a latex mask didn't much appeal to me, so I just went as a mime instead. Met up with some friends, including a group of friends that I just made last time I was at this pub.

At this thing, I started talking to this girl in a Satan costume, making jokes about how she should pick a fight with my friend dressed as Jesus. Turns out I'd actually met this girl before. She was my mom's coworker, and I met her at a dinner party hosted by another coworker. My mom always told me that she could tell this girl had a crush on me, and would always ask about me. At the end of the night, before leaving, she found me, and asked me out. We're going to a gallery opening tomorrow. I think this is the first time I've been asked out, actually.
ayyy

Old 10-31-2018, 05:07 PM   #3144
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Fuck Halloween, I hate you all for having fun and dressing up and socializing. I'm about to go fucking buy some drugs
Did you try asking friends what they would be up to? What did they say?

Old 10-31-2018, 06:52 PM   #3145
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

im at home in the dark dreading the doorbell ringing. i did buy some candy for any kids

Old 10-31-2018, 07:36 PM   #3146
FoolofaTook

for halloween i am drinking coffee and writing. no partying for me!

earlier this evening i saw a hogwarts family. the dad was dressed up as dumbledore and the kids were in uniforms. the littlest one was hedwig.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:23 PM   #3147
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Did you try asking friends what they would be up to? What did they say?
the most I got was an invitation like "you can come along if you want but I don't even really want to go myself, so"

Old 10-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #3148
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Ah, I see. Sometimes things be like that, y'know?

Old 10-31-2018, 09:44 PM   #3149
Disco King
Minion of Satan

The funny thing about having a date with that friend-of-a-friend is that she left the party somewhat early, and I actually felt like I hardly got a chance to talk to her much night. I just quickly asked for her number before she left, but she gave me her Snapchat instead. Usually when a chick gives me her social media instead of her phone number, it means that she isn't interested, so I'm surprised she seems eager to go out. I actually spent most of the night flirting with this other girl whose number I got, but the number turned out to be the wrong one. I don't think it was intentional, because she also put in her email and last name, and there's no reason to put in all that extra contact info if it's a fake number anyway.

At one point during the dance thing the following night, this woman approached me, saying she thought I seemed really cool. She kept on getting closer to me, making physical contact, while at the same time saying, "just so you know, I have a husband at home, so I'm not looking to hook up," even though I made no advances whatsoever at this point, didn't ask about that, and she was the one who seemed approached me, and seemed to be making advances. She asked me a few times where I lived, and if it was near there. She was there with her sister and her sister's wife, and she kept on telling me not to worry about her sister because "she's a little protective," but I got nothing but friendly vibes from her sister anyway, and at no point did the sister seem skeptical about me. The woman bought me a drink and asked me to a quieter part of the club to talk. We danced closer than I probably should have with a married woman, hands on thighs and hips and whatever, but I obviously didn't go further than that because was, you know, married. She talked about how much she loves her husband and how, for the first time in her life, she sees herself wanting to have children with somebody. Extra incentive not to do anything with this person that she'd later regret, if I didn't already have enough.

After the dance thing, I went to a friend's after party, and this woman dressed as Paul Stanley from kiss tagged along. She kept on going on and on and rambling, and I could tell she was on something. Turned out to be acid. When I mentioned how I worked early the next morning, she gave me half an acid tab and told me to take it mid-shift. Obviously, I wasn't going to do acid at work, but I'm not going to turn down free acid.

This not-quite-forty-year-old lady seemed to be pretty spacey, talking nonsense about vitamins and how she always has to wear some sort of glasses or visors because of "light pollution" and "extraterrestrial rays." But at one point of the night, I found myself sitting on her lap as she fed me popcorn. But then my bed was ready, so I slept.

I cumulatively got four hours of sleep that weekend, so I had to do a line of coke in the morning so I could function during my early shift the next day. The woman I was talking to mentioned having a bad coke habit, so I did her a favour and didn't mention that I had any.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:04 PM   #3150
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

damn DK you living the life