Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2018, 02:17 AM   #1
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Unhappy our cat is insane

Gijs suddenly turned super hostile against my girlfriend. I was gone for band practice on Sunday and he physically attacked her; he bit her in her leg and her arm till she bled. Rest of the night he would scream and hiss when she was nearby, she locked herself up in the bathroom for a while.

When I came home he was still screaming and hissing but he calmed down slowly. The next day girlfriend was gone and everything seemed like it was.

But when she came back his anger started off again. He didn't actually attack anymore, but starts screaming and hissing whenever she stands up, basically. He was on the balcony yesterday and I came out to see how he was doing and he purred and squinted and I pet him. Girlfriend came along and he turned into a monster.

We've sent him to the vet and nothing physical is going on. The vet gave us the contact of a cat behaviour therapist which we found a bit silly at first but did call after Gijs turned out to be serious. Gf had been painting the doorsills and steam cleaning some places in the house with a device that makes a hissing sound; apart from that our neighbor's appartment is being renovated. According to therapist those things stress Gijs out and he may associate gf with said changes. Ideally we have to drop off Gijs to another house for a couple of days for him to cool down. Which is kind of a weird thing to me since new places cause stress like nothing else to him.

Gijs is 4,5 years old and always was a very sweet, relaxed cat and it is the weirdest thing to see him turn into a little demon that seems hellbent on attacking the gf. Situation is also very tiring and hard to live with; gf had to get up early for work and she could barely put her clothes on with him in the room and I had a couple more hours of sleep which I was screamed out of.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Damn Gijs. So vet was sure this isn't his way of showing some odd "allergic reaction" to something that changed? Our last dog went absolutely nuts once - and only against me - until trial and error showed it was a new perfume. He hated the way I smelled and was back to normal once that was out of his nose.

Good luck, this makes me sad.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #3
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Me too.

It's hard to tell but i guess it has to do with her painting the house and using a steam cleaner, it was from that moment that Gijs got weird. We can still smell the paint so that is probably extra intense for a cat.

Tomorrow gf's parents are coming over to pick Gijs up for a couple of days.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:43 AM   #4
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

so the hissing steam cleaner turned her into a dangerously hissing predator creature to Gijs or some such? man... Gijs, get it together!

Old 10-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #5
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Demon Gijs. Damn, what is even real anymore?

This is madness. Chaos reigns.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
Cool As Ice Cream

oh neen gijssie
word snel beter joch
val je baasje niet meer aan
en doe toch niet zo gek 't zit allemaal maar tussen je oren ik kan het weten ik heb het ooit zelf moeilijk gehad maar op karakter kon ik erbovenop komen luister toch niet naar die pillendokters met hun agenda

Old 10-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #7
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Demon Gijs.
God you're so close

It's your gf, dude, your gf has been possessed and only your cat can sense it

Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #8
FoolofaTook

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
oh neen gijssie
word snel beter joch
val je baasje niet meer aan
en doe toch niet zo gek 't zit allemaal maar tussen je oren ik kan het weten ik heb het ooit zelf moeilijk gehad maar op karakter kon ik erbovenop komen luister toch niet naar die pillendokters met hun agenda
Apparently Gijs is not the only one dealing with demon possession.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #9
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

catnip?

Old 10-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
FoolofaTook

no, i think he's speaking in tongues

Old 10-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #11
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Gf's parents came to pick him up for a couple of days to see if he cools down. So far he's been behaving like a good little boy

Old 10-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #12
noyen
Immortal

I hope gijs returns 2 normal ans happiness in tha famlee is retarded 4 nermal. 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Old 10-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #13
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
God you're so close

It's your gf, dude, your gf has been possessed and only your cat can sense it
No, no, no

Nothing of this is true

Just calm down and follow me so you can be one of us.

One of us.

One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #14
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Location: Some area where the Canadian dollar is far more valuable than my own.

Have we found an official translation for "meow"?

Old 10-14-2018, 05:24 PM   #15
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Get a new girlfriend. This is no good at all.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:51 PM   #16
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Sorry about gijs is he back yet?

When ours was psycho like that, we put her outside and locked her cat door behind her. Sort of like cat time out. Is gijs purely an inside cat?

Old 10-15-2018, 03:43 AM   #17
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Sorry about gijs is he back yet?

When ours was psycho like that, we put her outside and locked her cat door behind her. Sort of like cat time out. Is gijs purely an inside cat?
he's coming back on Wednesday.

Inside cat, yeah. We live on the second floor and he has no options to come in and out on his own terms, unfortunately. He can go on both balconies whenever he likes though.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #18
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

My Cat is like this on occasion with particular people. I have figured it is to do with their smell. He has also started humping pillows lately, and he has been fixed since he was one. He is about 7 now. He's fairly sexually frustrated now, poor old boy. It does interfere with their moods when they get older unfortunately. Maybe that is a factor.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #19
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
he's coming back on Wednesday.

Inside cat, yeah. We live on the second floor and he has no options to come in and out on his own terms, unfortunately. He can go on both balconies whenever he likes though.
Balconies are nice...I'm sorry i have no advice about inside cats, that must be tough. Has he been on his best behaviour, for his temporary hosts?

Old 10-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #20
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laradelocke View Post
My Cat is like this on occasion with particular people. I have figured it is to do with their smell. He has also started humping pillows lately, and he has been fixed since he was one. He is about 7 now. He's fairly sexually frustrated now, poor old boy. It does interfere with their moods when they get older unfortunately. Maybe that is a factor.
well we castrated him and keep him locked up inside our apartment so he has every right to get frustrated.

he's behaving like a good little boy now at gf's parents though, little asshole.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #21
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Balconies are nice...I'm sorry i have no advice about inside cats, that must be tough. Has he been on his best behaviour, for his temporary hosts?
yes, they're enjoying his presence. fucking brat.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #22
vixnix
Socialphobic

Ooohh what a charlatan. He def needs some cat time out when he comes home.

Have you tried a spray bottle or water pistol??

Old 10-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #23
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
well we castrated him and keep him locked up inside our apartment so he has every right to get frustrated.

he's behaving like a good little boy now at gf's parents though, little asshole.
Of course, he is haha.

My cat is fairly entertained by my dogs - which probably helps his moods. By that I mean, he loves trying to injure them with no just cause. They're both 60lb muscle machines but they're scared of him when he's in a mood.

As someone who grew up with 7 indoor and outdoor cats (thanks mom), crankiness and aggression just seem to come upon them as they get older. That's all I've seen. They also have favourite people, get more sensitive to sound and can sometimes have severe teeth problems that can be hard to spot (except by a vet). Cats are just like humans but without any sort of ability to communicate whats up, except by pissing on stuff. It sucks, but he may just naturally chill out and then you won't see psycho kitty until something else pisses him off.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

I also invested in a 'litter robot' and my cat loves it. He was very psycho about having a constantly clean box, and this cleans it after every time he does his business. I noted a better attitude almost immediately.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #25
myosis
Minion of Satan

is it possible that the cat simply had a very bad dream involving your gf, and he confused it with reality?

Old 10-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #26
redbreegull

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
is it possible that the cat simply had a very bad dream involving your gf, and he confused it with reality?
another thought to keep me up at night. can animals confuse dreams with reality? fuck

Old 10-15-2018, 04:03 PM   #27
queenoftheswine
Demi-God

Location: Some area where the Canadian dollar is far more valuable than my own.

How do you pronounce Gijs?

Old 10-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #28
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftheswine View Post
How do you pronounce Gijs?

Old 10-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #29
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The most violent my cat ever got (aside from decapitating rats and inflicting festering abscesses upon neighborhood rivals) was when I made whale noises by running a wah pedal backwards.

It genuinely impressed me that he noted how my foot moved in perfect sequence with the high-pitched frequencies and savaged it accordingly.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #30
myosis
Minion of Satan

i suspect helen might be unknowingly producing a high-pitched frequency