Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i guess this is growing up
)

Old 03-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #32
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

YES THAT WAS THE REFERENCE THANK YOU

Old 03-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #33
slunken
Virgo

lol i just realized i spelled "ignorant" wrong

Old 03-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #34
slunken
Virgo

HOW IRONIC EH

Old 03-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #35
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

M2 is my favourite album since 2007... The only one that does not sound boring to me now.
... Maybe because I listen less to it before than the others, maybe coz it is the one that sounds me less outdated... dont know...

Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #36
Rocket Launcher
Apocalyptic Poster

it'll be interesting to hear the songs cleaned up, although many people liked the vinyl sound of it. There is a digital master for the rerelease right?

Old 03-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #37
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm starting to feel like this machina reissue talk is premature. Billy changes direction so often than I wonder if he even wants to do them anymore after Adore is released. His silence on the Adore reissue is not a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
TBCH, the complete aimlessness of that Siddhartha spectacle seemed to be a perfect metaphor for BC right now and the past several years. The lack of direction was really symbolic for me: grand ideas with zero follow-through or research/preparation. The man has absolutely no clue what he's doing anymore. Billy's fucking drowning and I want no part of it. I wanted to believe.

Sure, I lost faith in "the band" sometime around American Gothic Music (the concept, not necessarily the EP), but some small part of me still had faith in BC. Years later, all I see is squandered opportunities and an increasingly ingorant, sheltered and small-minded fanbase (not talking about this place btw so everyone chill out and don't take it personally) and it's not even any fun to rag on the guy anymore.
Billy lives in a bubble and has squandered so much but I do feel sorry for the guy. He looked so insecure and lost during that Siddhartha mess.

I've heard people create amazing sounds on the fly using synth modulators and I expected someone as talented as Billy would have prepared himself a lot better. It didn't flow at all with the book, and how could it not occur to him that the sound quality would be awful in a teashop with shitty speakers? The things that made him great, his drive and perfectionism, are no longer evident. It's all half-finished works, half-baked ideas, error-filled releases, and so on. But that's kind of expected, too, when he seems to put more of his energy into his teashop and wrestling than his own music. He looks and sounds like he just doesn't fucking care anymore, even though I think he really does. He's just so lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
an increasingly ingorant, sheltered and small-minded fanbase
Worst fucking people ever. The few hard-core SP fans I've met have the most insular views on music, literature, and art. They're even worse on social media. God forbid you don't like something Billy does or have a different opinion, otherwise you end up getting berated for how you "don't get it," "don't know anything," and about how much you "don't understand art," and this is just stuff I've seen over that Siddhartha performance.

Last edited by Araneae : 03-12-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #38
Starla

When I'm 47, I will have a 20 year old boyfriend.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #39
Starla

n/m that sounds awful

Old 03-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #40
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
When I'm 47, I will have a 20 year old boyfriend.
I feel sorry for Chloe. One day, she'll look back on this period of her life and cringe.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #41
T&T
Socialphobic

maybe the shitty broadcast system was on purpose, and all that really mattered was that he got a quality version to tape to master and sell.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #42
slunken
Virgo

It can go right on the shelf next to all the other abandoned projects.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #43
T&T
Socialphobic

I'm sure he had some people telling him it was the best music he ever did, but due to the negativity he read on the internet it's just going to sit in a can now.
I blame juliana.