Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Default TIL that in The Matrix trilogy, when the Oracle gives Neo a cookie, she is modifying

his code, which is then imprinted onto Smith. I'm guessing nobody will ask me how I know this.

I know I know netphoria is not my personal diary.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:33 AM   #2
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I'm giving you an official warning, killtrocity.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:38 AM   #3
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
his code, which is then imprinted onto Smith.
Huh?

Old 10-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #4
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Huh?
When they fuck, I think it's in the Animatrix

Old 10-14-2019, 06:34 AM   #5
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

similar threads: Hillary Rodham Clinton: alive or dead?

Old 10-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #6
Shallowed
Braindead

no one care

Old 10-14-2019, 10:55 AM   #7
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Tublic Image Limited?

Old 10-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #8
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

When i was a teenager, I thought I was hot shit for describing Massive Attack's Mezzanine album as soundling like "an audio version of The Matrix." Then someone reminded me "Dissolved Girl" or something was played in the first scene with Neo at his computer

It was on that day that I died & became reborn in Christ (James Christ)

Old 10-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #9
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Red face

Huh?

Old 10-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #10
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Ha!

Old 10-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #11
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

totally false and inaccurate
source: I've seen every matrix analysis video on youtube

Old 10-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #12
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Y'all know there's a new movie coming, right? I don't know how widely reported, outside of nerd sites, this was. Lana Wachowski is returning to write and direct (Lilly is busy with some other project), and Keanu Reeves (?!) and Carrie Anne Moss (??????) have been announced to star so far.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #13
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Y'all know there's a new movie coming, right? I don't know how widely reported, outside of nerd sites, this was. Lana Wachowski is returning to write and direct (Lilly is busy with some other project), and Keanu Reeves (?!) and Carrie Anne Moss (??????) have been announced to star so far.
I don't know if it will be a good movie. But it will most definitely be ambitious, and it will deal with esoteric concepts. If Cloud Atlas and Sense 8 are any indication. Well actually on that note, it might just be a bunch of graphic dildo scenes...

The announced cast is somewhat at odds with who survived the original trilogy, which basically guarantees a weird time jump.

I'm hoping that NPH plays a young Merovingian, who is basically just NPH from Harold and Kumar.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #14
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
totally false and inaccurate
source: I've seen every matrix analysis video on youtube
well please allow me to drop a matrix analysis wall of text on you

If you will recall in Revolutions at the very end, the Architect's comment about "playing a dangerous game", this was specifically in regards to the Oracle setting up Neo's awakening as The One with the "contingent affirmation", referring to his and Trinity's relationship. The Architect says that The One is designed to have a general love for humanity, but in Neo's case it is "far more specific". The reason it's more specific is that The Oracle set it up this way. She told Trinity that she would fall in love with The One, and this becomes intrinsically linked with his awakening as The One when she resurrects him, which ultimately leads Neo to choose the door which does not reboot the Matrix, thereby risking total annihilation. So this in itself is "a very dangerous game" and is what enables Neo to break the cycle of rebooting Zion.

But Smith is another essential component of this whole scheme, because his presence is what forces the machines to make a deal with Neo. Without Smith, the machines have no reason to make a deal with Neo. Consider that Smith refers to her as "mom" in Revolutions, implying that she either a) wrote his program, which seems somewhat odd considering his role as a logic-based enforcer contrasts with her role as an "intuitive", empathetic program, or b) is responsible for his unique state of being at the moment that he makes that statement. The latter is much more likely when we consider that Smith says "some part of you imprinted onto me, something overwritten or copied" to Neo in Reloaded.

This is the key. The Oracle gives Neo a cookie, Neo enters Smith and destroys him from the inside, and then Smith decides to disobey his program rules. We know that this is the 6th version of the Matrix in which Neo emerges (see Architect diatribe in Reloaded), and we know that Smith has been around for previous iterations (Seraph says he's beaten him before, to which Smith replies that things are different now). So what's different now? Well, in the previous 5 versions, Neo returned to the source. In this case, he chooses to return to the Matrix due to his unique connection to Trinity, the "contingent affirmation". Now there's nothing about this connection which should impact Smith any differently than in the previous 5 iterations where Neo as well as Seraph presumably beat him repeatedly.

Therefore it makes the most sense that The Oracle modified Smith's programming only in this particular iteration of events, the 6th version, by giving Neo a carrier code through the cookie which he then transferred to Smith, thereby executing the other essential component of her plan to achieve peace between humans and machines.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:43 AM   #15
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
well please allow me to drop a matrix analysis wall of text on you

If you will recall in Revolutions at the very end, the Architect's comment about "playing a dangerous game", this was specifically in regards to the Oracle setting up Neo's awakening as The One with the "contingent affirmation", referring to his and Trinity's relationship. The Architect says that The One is designed to have a general love for humanity, but in Neo's case it is "far more specific". The reason it's more specific is that The Oracle set it up this way. She told Trinity that she would fall in love with The One, and this becomes intrinsically linked with his awakening as The One when she resurrects him, which ultimately leads Neo to choose the door which does not reboot the Matrix, thereby risking total annihilation. So this in itself is "a very dangerous game" and is what enables Neo to break the cycle of rebooting Zion.

But Smith is another essential component of this whole scheme, because his presence is what forces the machines to make a deal with Neo. Without Smith, the machines have no reason to make a deal with Neo. Consider that Smith refers to her as "mom" in Revolutions, implying that she either a) wrote his program, which seems somewhat odd considering his role as a logic-based enforcer contrasts with her role as an "intuitive", empathetic program, or b) is responsible for his unique state of being at the moment that he makes that statement. The latter is much more likely when we consider that Smith says "some part of you imprinted onto me, something overwritten or copied" to Neo in Reloaded.

This is the key. The Oracle gives Neo a cookie, Neo enters Smith and destroys him from the inside, and then Smith decides to disobey his program rules. We know that this is the 6th version of the Matrix in which Neo emerges (see Architect diatribe in Reloaded), and we know that Smith has been around for previous iterations (Seraph says he's beaten him before, to which Smith replies that things are different now). So what's different now? Well, in the previous 5 versions, Neo returned to the source. In this case, he chooses to return to the Matrix due to his unique connection to Trinity, the "contingent affirmation". Now there's nothing about this connection which should impact Smith any differently than in the previous 5 iterations where Neo as well as Seraph presumably beat him repeatedly.

Therefore it makes the most sense that The Oracle modified Smith's programming only in this particular iteration of events, the 6th version, by giving Neo a carrier code through the cookie which he then transferred to Smith, thereby executing the other essential component of her plan to achieve peace between humans and machines.
ok i'm convinced

Old 10-15-2019, 11:39 PM   #16
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

and neil patrick harris (????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????) from starship troopers (??????)

Old 10-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #17
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

yes, neil too! and ricky gervais! steve carrell, kim gordon, tosh point oh!
I dont need a wige or girl or whatever to feel good. I got my hand and my cock....do feel free to wank yours and after flooding the floor you feel no desire to meet a chick..... try it kids..... make em hard and feel free like u never did before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel
Hey how are you? If she’s serious and not just playing just tell her to email me so I can touch base with her. My email is on the origin page

Old 10-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #18
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

@Mars, who is that quote from in your sig? Is that c_wilson's alt?

Old 10-30-2019, 10:59 AM   #19
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

The premise of these movies is super dumb. AI would just develop reliable, superior nuclear fuel power and move on.

These movies lost me with the Architect bullshit. Just makes no sense and they tried to inject rationality with the excuse that people rejected utopia - because if that’s the case and they reject it then why do they tear down the shitty non-utopia every time anyway? Why even bother?

It all falls apart under actual scrutiny.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:45 AM   #20
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
The premise of these movies is super dumb. AI would just develop reliable, superior nuclear fuel power and move on.
the original premise was using the human brain as processors, but that changed by a studio request

Old 10-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #21
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

AND ANOTHER THING.

Why didn't the stupid AI just toss up a space elevator and say "Screw this planet, monkeys!" and float away into space? Obviously they were incredibly gifted at harnessing solar power AND they demonstrated they could create crazy electric magnet future vehicles, so why didn't they just develop a spacey AI god transport vessel?

FUCK.

Old 10-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #22
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

"Hey, I've got an idea. Rather than wage an increasingly destructive war that we can predict will be extremely costly to our limited resources, why not just leave the planet and venture into space, which we can easily do since we're robots?"
"Shut up, Contrarybot170181 and pick up your fucking gun."

Old 10-30-2019, 06:43 PM   #23
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

je moeder

Old 10-30-2019, 06:43 PM   #24
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

livejournal.com

Old 10-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #25
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

disclaimer: I don't hope someone takes my random shitposting very seriously and personally

Old 10-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #26
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

with all due respect

Old 10-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #27
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 10-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #28
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

ok sorry I do hope that

Old 10-31-2019, 10:08 AM   #29
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Excuses excuses.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #30
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

you know, they can retcon that detail now, I guess people now understand what processing capacity means