Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2023, 03:00 PM   #1
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Red face Cooking thread

Tell me about food you have prepared recently, ******* photos if possible.

The other night I pan-grilled some cubed steak medium rare and tossed it with sauteed peppers, onions, and potatoes. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder. It was incredible. Next?

Old 10-05-2023, 03:58 PM   #2
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i also cooked steak last night

those red red meat threads are really getting into our psyches

Old 10-05-2023, 05:46 PM   #3
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Idaho Durt would be a good name for some sort of potato-infused "chocolate soil" dessert.

Old 10-05-2023, 06:06 PM   #4
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

LOL i'm not posting photos me cooking Meth. Are you a cop?

Old 10-05-2023, 10:09 PM   #5
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I made a spicy gochujang beef stew the other day. It had beef tenderloin, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and onion in a spicy sauce, which I reduced until very thick. Served with rice. It was pretty good, I'd make it again.

I did take 2 pictures but it wasn't photogenic, especially on the paper plate.

Old 10-06-2023, 06:37 AM   #6
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

The last time I properly cooked was for a pot luck dinner about a month ago. I made a vegetarian lasagna. It was OK.

Otherwise I’m in the hello fresh cult and I just cook what the bit of cardboard tells me.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:47 AM   #7
ilikeplanets
Braindead

My mom approached me yesterday morning with a can of pumpkin and some chocolate chips and said, "please."

So I made my well-loved (I wouldn't say "famous") chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Later that night my dad said, "it's a good thing you made two," so I'm happy people like it.

Old 10-09-2023, 10:29 AM   #8
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

sounds like some p solid fan engagement!

Old 10-09-2023, 11:23 AM   #9
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm setting the standard

Old 10-09-2023, 11:34 AM   #10
ilikeplanets
Braindead

[IMG]20231009-113103[/IMG]

Here's a signed copy

Old 10-09-2023, 10:53 PM   #11
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i already offered to host a dinner auction in that other thread you can't say i'm not levelling up

Old 10-10-2023, 02:40 PM   #12
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
The last time I properly cooked was for a pot luck dinner about a month ago. I made a vegetarian lasagna. It was OK.

Otherwise I’m in the hello fresh cult and I just cook what the bit of cardboard tells me.
My mom and stepdad did Hello Fresh for awhile so I'm well-acquainted. It's expensive though and the prep time is always approximately 10x longer than the recipe says unless you are some kind of vegetable chopping savant IME. However, I have learned to cook some pretty good stuff from them. The other night I did my own spin on a Hello Fresh recipe.

Roasted stuffed bell peppers with Israeli couscous and plant-based protein, tomatoes, onions, tomato paste and veggie stock. Tons of salt and pepper and my own secret ingredient, which is a Tunisian style spice blend. It's caraway, coriander, smoked paprika, turmeric, chili powder, cayenne, black pepper, and cinnamon. The cinnamon really makes it.

Old 10-10-2023, 04:38 PM   #13
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm gonna make that, I love stuffed vegetables of all variety

Old 10-10-2023, 11:05 PM   #14
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i've gone from cooking nothing to cooking most of my meals in the last 6 months. tonight was salmon and brown rice, with raw carrots, grapes, and raspberries for dinner

last night was shrimp "tacos", basically seasoned shrimp in the air fryer, flour tortillas, and some avocado. with carrots, grapes, and raspberries.
i got the shrimp recipe from some peloton instructor's instagram - buy frozen, peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp. run under cold water to thaw, pat dry with paper towels. in a bowl, mix olive oil, paprika, italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic salt. then add the shrimp in, mix with a rubber spatula to coat the shrimp, and then pop them in the air fryer

for lunch most days i make 5 scrambled eggs (and add in 120g of extra egg whites), with some bread and a little butter

and for breakfast i always have the same smoothie i make (unsweetened acai, a little bit of frozen peaches, spinach, plain greek yogurt, unflavored protein powder, 2 oz black cherry juice, 1/2 banana, and water)

Old 10-10-2023, 11:42 PM   #15
ilikeplanets
Braindead

No shade but I don't understand how people can eat the same thing every day. So many people do that. I guess it must be nice not having to meal plan or go crazy trying to shop.

Old 10-10-2023, 11:48 PM   #16
wHATcOLOR

none taken. i have the same breakfast probably 99% of the time. same lunch probably 80% of the time over the last 6 months. alternating between 2 different dinners maybe 70% of the time over the last 6 months.

i didn't think i'd like it, but this method helped me get from 26% to 10% bodyfat in 5 months, and i've ended up loving it. the benefits you cite are part of it.

i have to force myself to change it up here and there so my nutrition doesn't get unbalanced (ie, move from brown rice to tortillas. move from broccoli to carrots. from blackberries and blueberries to raspberries and grapes. little things like that)

Old 10-11-2023, 01:38 AM   #17
yo soy el mejor

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
none taken. i have the same breakfast probably 99% of the time. same lunch probably 80% of the time over the last 6 months. alternating between 2 different dinners maybe 70% of the time over the last 6 months.

i didn't think i'd like it, but this method helped me get from 26% to 10% bodyfat in 5 months, and i've ended up loving it. the benefits you cite are part of it.

i have to force myself to change it up here and there so my nutrition doesn't get unbalanced (ie, move from brown rice to tortillas. move from broccoli to carrots. from blackberries and blueberries to raspberries and grapes. little things like that)
my breakfast is usually boiled eggs and a cup of warmed water and/or tea or coffee. lunch and dinner are super varied

tonight i made for myself cauliflower steaks, mashed sweet potatoes and creamy spinach orzo. planning tomorrow to make sesame crusted tofu and a spicy bok choy side for lunch.

i've been pumping mad iron and upping my running so i drink mad chocolate milk, too.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 10-11-2023 at 01:58 AM.

Old 10-11-2023, 01:46 AM   #18
yo soy el mejor

from 6/9/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
my late breakfast RIGHT NOW is two hard-boiled eggs chopped up onto two pieces of rye toast with a little bit of salt and cayenne pepper.

earlier i just had water with lemon.
some things never change

Old 10-11-2023, 01:54 AM   #19
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:

This makes sense to me, especially if you have any sort of fitness goal. Congratulations, 10% body fat sounds like an insane amount of work and discipline, so good for you!

I wish I could take some of the focus around cooking and meals out of my schedule. It's a lot of work for a fleeting reward. But the thought of eating the same thing every day is also personally dreadful, perhaps because I did that from middle school through college.

And I'm an adventurous eater that has young kids, which means I'm preparing up to 3 different meals for every dinner so maybe I ought to stick to wraps, salads and weight loss and gtfo of the kitchen.

Old 10-11-2023, 12:15 PM   #20
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I keep saying I'm going to start making more meals from scratch, but I never seem to do it, so I'm going to stop saying it.

Old 10-11-2023, 04:16 PM   #21
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah Moon View Post
I keep saying I'm going to start making more meals from scratch, but I never seem to do it, so I'm going to stop saying it.
that's the spirit

Old 10-11-2023, 04:26 PM   #22
yo soy el mejor

wow. 10%, though? can't pinch an inch. jesse and the rippers? more like jesse is ripped

Old 10-11-2023, 04:36 PM   #23
slunken
Virgo

Brought back a big ham bone so can't wait to be making some soup beans and cornbread this weekend.

My mommy clowns me and says it must be in my DNA because she never cooked it for me

Old 10-11-2023, 09:54 PM   #24
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
This makes sense to me, especially if you have any sort of fitness goal. Congratulations, 10% body fat sounds like an insane amount of work and discipline, so good for you!

I wish I could take some of the focus around cooking and meals out of my schedule. It's a lot of work for a fleeting reward. But the thought of eating the same thing every day is also personally dreadful, perhaps because I did that from middle school through college.

And I'm an adventurous eater that has young kids, which means I'm preparing up to 3 different meals for every dinner so maybe I ought to stick to wraps, salads and weight loss and gtfo of the kitchen.
i used to expend a lot of energy stressing / being miserable trying to figure out what to eat. having a system like this freed up a ton of mental energy for other things, i rarely need to think about what i’m having. i can see how it would be basically IMPOSSIBLE with little kids though. we have a 1 yr old and getting him to eat actual food is a whole thing, i’m sure it’s much tougher with more ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
wow. 10%, though? can't pinch an inch.

i took these about 5 months apart. i was doing just as much exercise before the first photo as i am now, it was pretty wild to finally understand how much difference the food made. id never even tried to add up calories before. a $12 food scale on amazon is easily my best purchase in the last several years

https://i.imgur.com/XRNQO9b.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HoRFR0B.jpg

Last edited by wHATcOLOR : 10-11-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Old 10-11-2023, 10:11 PM   #25
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Those results don't lie, yo. I feel weird complimenting a torso with a severed head, but you have my admiration for sure.

Old 10-12-2023, 12:54 AM   #26
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I've had my body fat as low as 2%. Maybe lower. But that's a low as I've actually measured it.

Of course, I was anorexic and trying to kill myself. LOL But damn i had some incredible discipline back then

Old 10-12-2023, 01:02 AM   #27
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Those results don't lie, yo. I feel weird complimenting a torso with a severed head, but you have my admiration for sure.
thanks, though i'd say that raising children is considerably more deserving of admiration than sticking to a diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
I've had my body fat as low as 2%. Maybe lower. But that's a low as I've actually measured it.

Of course, I was anorexic and trying to kill myself. LOL But damn i had some incredible discipline back then
that's absurdly unhealthy. your body is unable to produce many hormones it needs when you're below like... 6% or something. your organs are in trouble, etc. etc. i mean, on the one hand you can call that discipline, but it might be more accurate to call it a determination to harm yourself.

i don't intend to sound trite but i really hope things are better now

Old 10-12-2023, 02:22 AM   #28
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
thanks, though i'd say that raising children is considerably more deserving of admiration than sticking to a diet

that's absurdly unhealthy. your body is unable to produce many hormones it needs when you're below like... 6% or something. your organs are in trouble, etc. etc. i mean, on the one hand you can call that discipline, but it might be more accurate to call it a determination to harm yourself.

i don't intend to sound trite but i really hope things are better now

Mostly better. Thanks!

Old 10-12-2023, 02:25 AM   #29
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Yeah I was gonna say. 2%. Please no

Glad you are mostly better

Old 10-12-2023, 04:09 AM   #30
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
My mom and stepdad did Hello Fresh for awhile so I'm well-acquainted. It's expensive though and the prep time is always approximately 10x longer than the recipe says unless you are some kind of vegetable chopping savant IME. However, I have learned to cook some pretty good stuff from them. The other night I did my own spin on a Hello Fresh recipe.

Roasted stuffed bell peppers with Israeli couscous and plant-based protein, tomatoes, onions, tomato paste and veggie stock. Tons of salt and pepper and my own secret ingredient, which is a Tunisian style spice blend. It's caraway, coriander, smoked paprika, turmeric, chili powder, cayenne, black pepper, and cinnamon. The cinnamon really makes it.
I am the vegetable chopping savant so it usually takes me the time stated on the recipe card

My husband takes aaaaaages

He has to assemble all the ingredients and cooking utensils and bowls etc. on the bench, then chop everything up and do all the other prep before he even starts cooking

I actually know how to cook, I just hate deciding what to cook and shopping for food. I'm 43, married, with two teenage children and both my husband and I work full time. We're the target market for Hello Fresh and we've been eating it 3 meals a week for over a year. So embarrassing

Those peppers sound delicious!!