Old 06-17-2016, 12:03 PM   #92
Rafalski
Pledge

okay la

Old 06-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #93
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

yeah close to half the show was with electric guitars and loud synthy songs like saturnine

Old 06-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #94
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
it's like you want to ruin every decent thing in the world
I'm not opposed of some acoustic work in the set, but why limit yourself with an "ONLY ACOUSTIC TOUR"? You do that and it's designed to be marketed as a gimmick.... Just do like Eric Clapton does and intertwine the 2. Do the songs you wanna do acoustic and do the songs you feel like playing electric.

He has one of the all-time great rock drummers on tour with him, he should at least mix it up a bit.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 06-17-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #95
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
mature, acoustic bill >>>>>>>>> "still got it"

Did u even go to a plainsong, Fuzz? b/c they DID use electric guitars on certain songs, and Jimmy played with sticks whenever he was onstage.

I'm telling u it was fucken great. It was like everything good about classic bill music, all the myriad textures all in one show
No, I sadly didn't make it out to any of the shows. I didn't have my passport when they came nearby and I think Toronto's been the only Canadian location they've played since JC has returned.

When they used electric wasn't it just like how Nirvana utilized it on their MTV unplugged showcase? I know there was some exceptions like the Malibu performance but mostly it's a super toned down set.

I like mature Bill more than anyone, and I'm a fan of the career show-case... But he's stifling the potential of what it could be by limiting it as ACOUSTIC ONLY. Mix and match and do a bit of both if you desire.

I hate to keep bringing up Clapton but he's a guy who performs songs from all of his eras live and does some acoustic, does some electric... Just do what makes for the best show without all the stupid gimmicks.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 06-17-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:41 PM   #96
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah close to half the show was with electric guitars and loud synthy songs like saturnine
Yes, I understand that some electric guitars were intertwined in the performances.. But there's no moments of the band just ripping it in a balls out sorta way.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:54 PM   #97
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Yes, I understand that some electric guitars were intertwined in the performances.. But there's no moments of the band just ripping it in a balls out sorta way.
yes there was. many of the songs had expanded endings with solos and the spaniards was balls out rocking. the last 1/3 of the set or so was an all electric band, or all electric with one acoustic guitar (but billy and jeff on electric). sorrows (in blue), eye and saturnine were synth songs with a lot of loud guitars on top.

look billy's done 20 tours as an electrified beat your head in rock band. let him have one fucking tour to show how damn good his songwriting is. the world's fair was solo acoustic and the crowd was absolutely transfixed, and probably less than 50 people in the crowd - maybe much fewer - had ever heard the song before. that's about an 8 minute song. it wasn't boring, it was professional. the stage backgrounds were perfect. normally the music is so in your face and loud that the songwriting is really not in the spotlight. for this tour, it was.

the rawk will come back. the show was excellent. it was a good decision.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:57 PM   #98
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I like mature Bill more than anyone, and I'm a fan of the career show-case... But he's stifling the potential of what it could be by limiting it as ACOUSTIC ONLY. Mix and match and do a bit of both if you desire.

I hate to keep bringing up Clapton but he's a guy who performs songs from all of his eras live and does some acoustic, does some electric... Just do what makes for the best show without all the stupid gimmicks.
The tour was literally this. Some acoustic, some electric, some synth based. It wasn't ACOUSTIC ONLY by any means. An acoustic-electro evening or whatever they called it. You are describing the tour, and saying you like the elements of it (mature, career showcase) and saying you wish there were other elements which were all there. i mean there was no 30 minute silverfuck, is that what you think is missing? Have you even watched a whole show on youtube or where ever of just assuming you know what the shows were like? It wasn't gimmick-y at all. What are you even talking about?

Old 06-18-2016, 05:18 AM   #99
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

he misses the basic intellect and a minimum of interest to understand what you are saying, reprise.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:21 AM   #100
T&T
Socialphobic

shows should be acoustic only. with 50+ minute silverfuck acoustic jams.

Old 06-18-2016, 03:19 PM   #101
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

https://www.inverse.com/article/1711...ep-with-danger

James talking about how he reunited with the band this year:

To briefly pivot to your recent Smashing Pumpkins reunion after 16 years, what was that experience like for you? Was there a particular song you enjoyed re-visiting most?

Billy [Corgan] and I reconnected recently and they were going to do this tour, so he invited me to play a couple shows with them. We played songs from our second record, Siamese Dream, and those were all great.

He also talks about the future:

Do you see yourself pivoting to scores more in the future or collaborating with more people like James Franco? What do you have brewing on the horizon?

There are some band records I produced that are coming out, there might be some more scoring and composing stuff I can’t talk about yet, but I’m pretty happy with the music. There’s always a chance A Perfect Circle might tour again or record again. Getting anything made and seeing it through its completion is a big thing. There’s a lot of singers and bands out there I’d love to work with.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:22 PM   #102
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Getting anything made and seeing it through its completion is a big thing.
Love his lazy attitude

Old 06-18-2016, 05:17 PM   #103
T&T
Socialphobic

to be honest, he's not wrong. less than 25% of sountrack contracts ever come to fruition. and music industry stuff is so fickle - bands re-record stuff all the time. The days of spending 6 months in studio and coming out only when the album is finished is practically unheard of today.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #104
slunken
Virgo

I wasn't being snarky fwiw

The only thing he mentioned about scoring/composing was "I can’t talk about yet"

Everything else he mentioned in the quote was related to normal stadium rock

Might be mis-reading you but thought it worthy of a follow-up

Old 06-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #105
T&T
Socialphobic

didn't read you as snarky. I read his comment in his lazy laisser-fair attitude also.

He can't talk about it, because so much of it stays in preliminary stages for such a long time (and most of the time nothing comes of it).

And stadium rock productions for a band like APC probably has some crazy dumb and complicated logistics due to sharing band members, and they probably won't play anywhere smaller than hockey arenas.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #106
redbreegull

Quote:
But there's no moments of the band just ripping it in a balls out sorta way.
I've got a news flash for you Walter Cronkite: the band hasn't ripped it in a balls out sorta way for 16 years.

I would much rather watch b0lly do his songs in a new way, one that matches his mood and where he obviously is in life right now, than sit through any more performances of him standing still behind the mic expressionlessly dialing it in.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #107
T&T
Socialphobic

you guys dont' remember when geff smashed his guitar on stage?

SP2 doesn't rip, it SHREDS!

Old 06-18-2016, 11:15 PM   #108
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I would much rather watch b0lly do his songs in a new way, one that matches his mood
= different shitty show every night

Old 06-19-2016, 12:15 AM   #109
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yes there was. many of the songs had expanded endings with solos and the spaniards was balls out rocking. the last 1/3 of the set or so was an all electric band, or all electric with one acoustic guitar (but billy and jeff on electric). sorrows (in blue), eye and saturnine were synth songs with a lot of loud guitars on top.

look billy's done 20 tours as an electrified beat your head in rock band. let him have one fucking tour to show how damn good his songwriting is. the world's fair was solo acoustic and the crowd was absolutely transfixed, and probably less than 50 people in the crowd - maybe much fewer - had ever heard the song before. that's about an 8 minute song. it wasn't boring, it was professional. the stage backgrounds were perfect. normally the music is so in your face and loud that the songwriting is really not in the spotlight. for this tour, it was.

the rawk will come back. the show was excellent. it was a good decision.
So what songs were performed electrically like they were on the album? I'm not talking about the Karaoke synth songs.

All the footage I've seen have been toned down, neutered versions. And no, I haven't bothered listening to "the spaniards". Can't really bring myself to listen to any new bootlegged material cause it means next to nothing with the way Billy fucks it up in the studio.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:20 AM   #110
fuzzyroes
Banned

The tours called in plain song for crying out loud... The gimmick is that the songs are toned down to a more bare-bones approach.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 06-19-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #111
redbreegull

plainsong is a song by the cure actually, I thought he was almost certanly referencing that since he has previously referenced the cure in his work, e.g. seventeen seconds

Old 06-19-2016, 12:41 AM   #112
fuzzyroes
Banned

Gimme a break man. It's a toned down acoustic tour with some electric and synth elements. Hence plainsong

Old 06-19-2016, 01:01 AM   #113
redbreegull

your mind is a rusty spoon

Old 06-19-2016, 01:05 AM   #114
redbreegull

the Cure is one of his all time favorite bands. the idea that he chose that name without considering that it is the first song on their most famous album is redonkulous

he has also dropped references to Rush and other bands he likes in his songs.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:49 AM   #115
Cool As Ice Cream

Angry

Quote:
Gimme a break man.
shut up or we will give you a "break".

Old 06-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #116
T&T
Socialphobic

give fuzzy a 10 day ban. the phoria might turn into the rosy perfect message board that will inspire billco to return to grace and grandeur.

it's worth a try. shit i'll try anything at this point.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #117
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

In Plainsong is not referencing The Cure. A plainsong is a monophonic chant commonly heard in music of the medieval church. It hints at stripping away a lot of the complexity to reveal the core

Old 06-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #118
panda show
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
I don't see a reunited SP1 tour being that much more lucrative than any of the recent tours. Maybe if Billy had gone away for years and never reformed the band. Their legend hasn't really grown in the same way as, say, Led Zeppelin. People consider 90's bands nostalgia trips. Pumpkins are just "that rat in a cage band" or "that 1979 band" to the general public. He's had Jimmy for the past two tours and nobody really gave a shit anyway. I think having James and D'arcy there too is not really going to do that much more for ticket sales.
this is probably the most accurate post in here

Old 06-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #119
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
In Plainsong is not referencing The Cure. A plainsong is a monophonic chant commonly heard in music of the medieval church. It hints at stripping away a lot of the complexity to reveal the core
That makes sense, but still the idea that it didn't cross his mind that it's a song on Disintegration is pretty absurd.

Signal to noise is a measurement in decibels used to show signal strength to background noise. I'm sure when Billy penned this song it never crossed his mind it is also a song by the Cure either.

Camera-eye is kind of an obscure term for extremely detailed, photograph-like narration of something. And when Billy wrote The Camera Eye, I'm sure that's what he was referencing and it didn't cross his mind Rush has a song by the same name.

Old 06-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #120
slunken
Virgo

bily is a shitheel