Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
marisa
Oblivious Virgin

Default Dallas, TX - 11/3/2007

I plan on going to the Dallas show. I have the presale code but noticed it says "standing room only" but Nokia theater has seats and usually a pit by the stage. Does anyone know if the presale tickets are only for the pit or will the seats be sold as general admission and not assigned?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
omz
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisa
I plan on going to the Dallas show. I have the presale code but noticed it says "standing room only" but Nokia theater has seats and usually a pit by the stage. Does anyone know if the presale tickets are only for the pit or will the seats be sold as general admission and not assigned?
should either be pit or seats. usually the pit are the only GA tickets available.

i hope i can get tickets, i gots no code

Old 07-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
JHeibel
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisa
I'm going. The pre-sale applies to the entire venue, not just the pit area. And I'm guessing they have allotted only a certain amount of tickets/seats for the pre-sale. The pit is general admission "standing room only", the rest of the venue will be assigned seating. If you select "Best Available" it will not search for tickets in the pit area. You'll need to use the pull down menu to select the pit area if you want pit seats; does that makes sense?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
skipgo
Minion of Satan

i'm going, but have no code
i hope there are still pit seats left on saturday!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
Preston
Pledge

so i take it would a good idea to go ahead and order your tickets now?

im going to try and make it..

Old 07-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
omz
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
so i take it would a good idea to go ahead and order your tickets now?
huh?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
Preston
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by omz
huh?

i was wondering if the show was going to sell out quick or would there be tickets still left a little bit closer to the show...

Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
omz
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
i was wondering if the show was going to sell out quick or would there be tickets still left a little bit closer to the show...
i'm sure it will sell out within minutes

Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
JHeibel
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by omz
i'm sure it will sell out within minutes
I don't know about "minutes", but I bet it sells out well before November. I kinda hope it sells out quick with hopes of adding a 2nd show.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
JHeibel
Demi-God

The show is now listed on the Nokia site. I wonder if this image was supplied by the band. The biggest drawback of this venue is the parking fee - $15!!

http://www.nokiatheatredfw.com/event_detail.asp?id=597

Old 07-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
omz
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeibel
The show is now listed on the Nokia site. I wonder if this image was supplied by the band. The biggest drawback of this venue is the parking fee - $15!!

http://www.nokiatheatredfw.com/event_detail.asp?id=597
the parking fees at nokia are a fucking scam. and the $8 cups of busch...but whatcha gonna do

Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #12
JHeibel
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by omz
the parking fees at nokia are a fucking scam. and the $8 cups of busch...but whatcha gonna do
bring in a flask.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #13
astrosfan719
Banned

Nokia is a fucking scam. Expensive as hell, let me tell ya.

I'm not going too fucking expensive.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #14
JHeibel
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan719

At least tickets aren't $102 like in Atlanta! They better play Gish and SD for that price.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #15
omz
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan719

it's expensive, but the sound is usually good and there's not really a bad seat in the house.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #16
skipgo
Minion of Satan

this will definitely be the most i've paid to see the pumpkins so far, but it's worth it. I don't know if I'd be able to afford $100 though, so i'm glad i'm not in atlanta.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #17
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omz
it's expensive, but the sound is usually good and there's not really a bad seat in the house.
when i saw them at reunion arena in 96, i had the nosebleed seats, it sucked so much. the band were like tiny ants on the stage. It's even worse to get seats like that after you've been in the front row for several shows. man i gotta get seats in the pit! .....

Old 07-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
marisa
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
I'm going. The pre-sale applies to the entire venue, not just the pit area. And I'm guessing they have allotted only a certain amount of tickets/seats for the pre-sale. The pit is general admission "standing room only", the rest of the venue will be assigned seating. If you select "Best Available" it will not search for tickets in the pit area. You'll need to use the pull down menu to select the pit area if you want pit seats; does that makes sense?
That makes sense! I will just try to get whatever I can!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #19
omz
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo
when i saw them at reunion arena in 96, i had the nosebleed seats, it sucked so much. the band were like tiny ants on the stage. It's even worse to get seats like that after you've been in the front row for several shows. man i gotta get seats in the pit! .....
heh i was at that show too. had pretty decent tickets though.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #20
selection7
Demi-God

yes

Old 07-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #21
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omz
heh i was at that show too. had pretty decent tickets though.
I barely even remember it, which is weird because i remember all the other sp shows i've seen. I think i remember billy playing a tease of a pantera song, and making fun of bush. I also think i remember a good version of siva being played. I wish i had a boot of that show!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #22
JHeibel
Demi-God

Quote:
Yeah, I had terrible seats for the Reunion Arena show too. Not nosebleed, but way in the back. To this day, one of my least favorite Pumpkins shows.

Even without the pre-sale code, you shouldn't have a problem getting pit seats. If you get on Ticketmaster right when tickets go on-sale, and manually select PIT, I can't imagine it being a problem. Then again, what do I know. The pre-sale might be a good judge as to how this show will sell. If I somehow can't get pit seats during the pre-sale, that will probably be a sign that the show is going to sell really well. But, who knows...

Old 07-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #23
JHeibel
Demi-God

Quote:
I barely even remember it, which is weird because i remember all the other sp shows i've seen. I think i remember billy playing a tease of a pantera song, and making fun of bush. I also think i remember a good version of siva being played. I wish i had a boot of that show!
http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1996-12-01.flac16

Old 07-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #24
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Even without the pre-sale code, you shouldn't have a problem getting pit seats. If you get on Ticketmaster right when tickets go on-sale, and manually select PIT, I can't imagine it being a problem.
i hope you're right, i'm keeping my fingers crossed. I signed up to get the text message sent to me before they go on sale so i can be ready... i also have to buy tickets for two friends who are making the drive with me, so i have to get three pit tickets!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #25
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
you're awesome! thank you!
now, let's see if i remember any of this....

Old 07-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #26
JHeibel
Demi-God

Quote:
i hope you're right, i'm keeping my fingers crossed. I signed up to get the text message sent to me before they go on sale so i can be ready... i also have to buy tickets for two friends who are making the drive with me, so i have to get three pit tickets!
Did you sign up for the Nokia AllAccess Newsletter. Sometimes they'll send out a separate password for pre-sales. Not sure if that will be the case this time around, especially since iTunes seems to be handling all the pre-sale stuff.

http://www.nokialivedfw.com/event_detail.asp?id=597

Old 07-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #27
skipgo
Minion of Satan

thanks again! I just signed up, hopefully that will help out! I'll have to find you and thank you in person at the show

Old 07-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #28
JHeibel
Demi-God

Quote:
you're awesome! thank you!
now, let's see if i remember any of this....
I only remember bits and pieces too. I remember the Deep Ellum banter before Muzzle...and the 1979 dance-a-thon....and a few other tidbits.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #29
omz
Pledge

Quote:
Did you sign up for the Nokia AllAccess Newsletter. Sometimes they'll send out a separate password for pre-sales. Not sure if that will be the case this time around, especially since iTunes seems to be handling all the pre-sale stuff.

http://www.nokialivedfw.com/event_detail.asp?id=597
i got a nokia newsletter a few days ago, nothing about SP.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #30
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Talking DALLAS roll call/who got tickets?

Finally got my 3 tickets after ticketmaster saying there were no tickets that matched mr request for about 5 minutes. I was about to cry.

Secion 203 Row CC. pretty awesome seats!! Right behind the pit!!