Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
Dominion
Pledge

Default I truly believe Billy needs mental help!

Ive listened to Ogilala 3 times. It's worse than awful.
His god awful vibrato is painfulla and it just sounds like a b-side album from American Gothic and the train wreck that is If All Goes Wrong. Does he genuinely believe people want to hear this garbage? Who does he think his audience actually is? The deaf?! I'm done with him.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

What is this a school for ants?

But chill, mate. Oligaga is going down pretty well around here. It's better than American Gothic, All Goes Wrong, TbK, MTAE, Oceania.

You say b-side like some of his best songs weren't on the MCIS singles. If nothing else, Archer is a magnificent little b-side.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #3
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

yeah it's also better than Zeitgeist. in other words, it's better than anything he's done since at least 2005, and yeah i'll ******* Mary Star and FutureEmbrace and say this is easily the best thing he's done since SP1 split in 2000.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

The shit I took this morning was better than the shit I took the day before.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #5
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
yeah it's also better than Zeitgeist. in other words, it's better than anything he's done since at least 2005, and yeah i'll ******* Mary Star and FutureEmbrace and say this is easily the best thing he's done since SP1 split in 2000.
now you are just taking the piss. how is any of this better than Zwan?

did all of you praising this as "good album" have so extremely low expectations that a solid shit deserves praise because you thought you'd hear liquid diarrhea? this isn't a good album. if all it takes to have an album called "good" around here is to be more listenable than the last 4 shit albums, okay, great.

all 3 songs he came up with in recent years that didn't make it on this album are better than any song on it.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #6
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

Forget Billy, I'm the one who needs mental help!

Old 10-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #7
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Chad Kroeger could take a steaming dump with Avril Lavigne doing backing vocals and it would sound better than Zwan

Old 10-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #8
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Honestly is like Widow awake My Mind's older brother. I felt the last strands of my youth dying as I listened to it for the first time

Old 10-10-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
FoolofaTook

Lol

Old 10-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #10
Ram27
dumb

this is not better than zwan, what the fuck

Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #11
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
Ive listened to Ogilala 3 times. It's worse than awful.
His god awful vibrato is painfulla and it just sounds like a b-side album from American Gothic and the train wreck that is If All Goes Wrong. Does he genuinely believe people want to hear this garbage? Who does he think his audience actually is? The deaf?! I'm done with him.
I'm with ya man. It really is shit... Pretty much on the same level as the band Train or something like that.

I can't say I'm done with him though. Every time I think I am he'll release something that I dig... But yeah, I'm getting a little tired of the overly positive christian-rock sounding shit.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #12
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
now you are just taking the piss. how is any of this better than Zwan?

did all of you praising this as "good album" have so extremely low expectations that a solid shit deserves praise because you thought you'd hear liquid diarrhea? this isn't a good album. if all it takes to have an album called "good" around here is to be more listenable than the last 4 shit albums, okay, great.

all 3 songs he came up with in recent years that didn't make it on this album are better than any song on it.
Haha yes! Thank you! I feel like I'm losing my mind when I read some of the praise for this stinker.

At best it has like 2 alright-good songs, the rest is garbage.

I think Netphorias just getting soft.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #13
fuzzyroes
Banned

Man... Not to hop on a Took bandwagon or anything. But I was continuously listening to Ogilala, trying to let it sink in, thinking I'd appreciate it and later that night saw Boris live in concert. It was really the kind of eye-opener I needed at the moment....

The thought that came to me the next day: "why am I giving utter crap like this so much attention when there's so much other music out there begging to be listened to"

Expand your horizons folks.... Trying to convince yourself to like some formerly great artists shitty new music isn't going to do you any good!

Old 10-10-2017, 09:45 PM   #14
T&T
Socialphobic

the delusion was when he said "people have listened to it and told me it's the most beautiful thing I've ever done". Yes, those people are idiots, but billy's retarded (like his brother jesse ) for believing them. Guess it runs in his family.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #15
fuzzyroes
Banned

Not surprising though. He probably surrounds himself with brown-nosers who treat every new song he makes as genius. I assume Linda Strawberry plays a role like that in his life.

One things for sure, he sure doesn't seem to have any desire to break new ground. Ogilala is the ultimate sound of stagnation.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #16
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
the delusion was when he said "people have listened to it and told me it's the most beautiful thing I've ever done". Yes, those people are idiots, but billy's retarded (like his brother jesse ) for believing them. Guess it runs in his family.
Let's not forget that Billy's mom was in a mental home...

Draw your own conclusions from that.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #17
T&T
Socialphobic

what kind of meds do you guys think he's taking? There's no way I wouldn't want to just kill myself if I wasn't billy corgan.

what are the odds that his mom suicided herself? they say it was cancer, but that doesn't mean she didn't end it herself.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #18
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Chad Kroeger could take a steaming dump with Avril Lavigne doing backing vocals and it would sound better than Zwan
You are so wrong your wrongness entered a parallel universe of wrong.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:07 PM   #19
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

zwan is way better than ogilala and TFE is also better. but ogilala is better than all or most sp2 stuff

Old 10-10-2017, 11:08 PM   #20
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Man... Not to hop on a Took bandwagon or anything. But I was continuously listening to Ogilala, trying to let it sink in, thinking I'd appreciate it and later that night saw Boris live in concert. It was really the kind of eye-opener I needed at the moment....

The thought that came to me the next day: "why am I giving utter crap like this so much attention when there's so much other music out there begging to be listened to"

Expand your horizons folks.... Trying to convince yourself to like some formerly great artists shitty new music isn't going to do you any good!
obviously most of us got into sp at a formative time in our lives and have followed corgan for like 20+ years and it's not really about the music anymore. it's like keeping up with an old friend when he comes into town every couple years, you know? and since we were going to see him anyway it's good that he's not a homeless crackhead giving $2 blowjobs (the equivalent of monuments)

Old 10-10-2017, 11:34 PM   #21
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:

Ogilala is the ultimate sound of stagnation.

ooohph...that's harsh and I haven't even listened to any of it. Just that line though...ouch.

another zinger, this time from IndyGirl85:

Quote:
and since we were going to see him anyway it's good that he's not a homeless crackhead giving $2 blowjobs (the equivalent of monuments)

Wow! brutally wow. I don't know, or care, if I agree with this statement, it's just so well written and succinct ...and harsh. dayummm...hate to get on your bad side at times IndyGirl...oh wait...

Old 10-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #22
cork_soaker
full of longing

mourn with me

Old 10-11-2017, 01:06 AM   #23
FoolofaTook

So it's wrong to be racist misogynistic homophobic etc but it is ok to mock handicapped and mentally ill people?

Old 10-11-2017, 02:37 AM   #24
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Most of live Zwan was better than Ogi. That is a given.

Mary Star, though. Loved it at the time - haven't listened to it in 10 years, no desire to. Zwan is all about the songs that didn't make the album and Djali.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:07 AM   #25
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

OMG - Zwan was so bad - Ogilala is by far the best billy output since 2001 reunion - Pumpkins b-sides are often better than album stuff - so ogilala reminds me of some bside material - so i like it.

Oh man, has netphoria always been a place for sp haters and people who got stuck in 1995?

Old 10-11-2017, 05:26 AM   #26
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

lock him up lock him up

Old 10-11-2017, 05:27 AM   #27
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
OMG - Zwan was so bad - Ogilala is by far the best billy output since 2001 reunion - Pumpkins b-sides are often better than album stuff - so ogilala reminds me of some bside material - so i like it.

Oh man, has netphoria always been a place for sp haters and people who got stuck in 1995?
If this user isn't Billy Corgan himself then it's some weirdo Billy obsessed loser.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:12 AM   #28
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Why not do both?
There's a sort of nostalgia and interest in dissecting a previous-favourite artist's new work.

For comparison, I actually get a lot more enjoyment listening to Billy's new stuff than say, Grandaddy's last two albums, which were both irredeemably bland.

Science Fiction is my album of the year so far. The new National is decent and I quite like the band Alvvays. But new music is pretty bad, these days. There's no decent rawk out there. Fuck... the best two albums I heard last year were Go!Team and Blink. Dunno if this proves your point or not, actually...

Old 10-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #29
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Most of live Zwan was better than Ogi. That is a given.

Mary Star, though. Loved it at the time - haven't listened to it in 10 years, no desire to. Zwan is all about the songs that didn't make the album and Djali.
This is true. I have to believe that 9/10 of the dummies what go "but zwan sux fux" are actually talking about the album. Which does indeed suck. Mad fucks actually

But live zwan was basically a different band than what is heard on marystaryofthepee. And it was a good, very good band indeed.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #30
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
This is true. I have to believe that 9/10 of the dummies what go "but zwan sux fux" are actually talking about the album. Which does indeed suck. Mad fucks actually

But live zwan was basically a different band than what is heard on marystaryofthepee. And it was a good, very good band indeed.
Glasshouse was practically a perfect album as is. Would love a decent soundboard/mastered recording of that. They should've just rushed out a stripped down lof-fi, underproduced album of those tracks.

Then Djali Zwan / Hideout.
Then Mary Star (RWCC, Dust My Broom, Riverview, Spilled Milk... A New Poetry - fuck, forgot about that one etc.)

There were 3-4 decent albums worth of live tracks. Billy just obsessed and overcooked everything in the studio. That's at least one area his "lazy, immoral" bandmates were right.