Shut the fuck up!

BINGO!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #182
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
Since the guy saw a therapist AND got his meds (meaning his problems were formally "medicalized") I'm sure at one of those points that someone performed a genuine psychological evaluation on him. (Of course he could've just gone to a fancy private practice psychotherapist and then gone to his PCP requesting Prozac for his depression or whatever, but I haven't gotten that impression.) From the perspective of a person who once mythologized him to some degree those would be some interesting albeit awkward records to read.
oh totally. i dont even think gossamer's guess is far off, except its totally ridiculous to give a GAF score to someone you've never met. we dont know how he functions inter-personally on a daily basis, his hygiene habits, and his satisfaction with his life, or how his unhealthy habits affect him (IE if he has pathology but is used to it and functioning with it his GAF score would be higher than if not, even with the same symptoms - gossamer touched on this). We just don't know and it's ridiculous to guess.

But yeah seeing his psych records would be extremely interesting, and extremely unethical of course.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #183
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
Kerry retweeted the Lou Angeli tweet a few days/weeks ago about how Billy was willing to throw away a friendship from someone he's known for over 20 years. I'm trying to fill in the blanks here with some logic, but it seems that Kerry/Lou were on the same side and warned Billy not to do business with these Resistance Pro people. It's probably more complicated than that, but there's some solid speculation based on tweets. For whatever that's worth.
Interesting. Thanks for the inside scoop.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #184
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
Kerry retweeted the Lou Angeli tweet a few days/weeks ago about how Billy was willing to throw away a friendship from someone he's known for over 20 years. I'm trying to fill in the blanks here with some logic, but it seems that Kerry/Lou were on the same side and warned Billy not to do business with these Resistance Pro people. It's probably more complicated than that, but there's some solid speculation based on tweets. For whatever that's worth.
...that reminds me of >>>

Quote:
The problems in Zwan began early. In the middle of the recording of the bands record debut, Billy Corgan discovered that the guitarist David Pajo was having sex with the producers girlfriend."It was crazy! The producer is my friend and then you've got a band member who's sleeping with his girlfriend.I threathened to fire him - he kept sleeping with her", says Billy Corgan.The sex drama was only the beginning. When Zwan didn't achieve immedieatly commercial success, the newcomers lived the rock myth instead."They began to play bad and did stupid things like bringing drugs over the borders when we was on tour. They didn't care about the music, me or the band, he says.- Didn't you realize it was untenable? "My brain didn't want to understand. My friends told me they were using me, but I didn't want to listen. These were my band members".But Billy became more and more unsatisfied and after two messy years with Zwan he had enough."I woke up and understood I was in the same situation as in Smashing Pumpkins, but with people I didn't love." In the loge (?) after the final concert on the european tour, Billy made an ultimatum."I told them they didn't seem to care a shit about the band and that they had to prove it, if they thought I was wrong", he says.Since then he's heard nothing from them."A year later I got a mail from Matt. The subject line was: "send me money", says Billy Corgan.Today Billy feels ashamed over being involved with the members of Zwan, with the exception of his inseperable friend Jimmy Chamberlin."It was a nightmare that I had created myself. I had invested my heart, money and my credibility. But I really thought that I had put together a good band that would last for long."On his solo debut he has for the first time moved away from the alarming rock and instead aimed for a bare and synth-oriented sound."If I do more guitarbased alternative rock it would sound as Smashing Pumpkins. It was the same problem with Zwan, so I felt it was important to do something different".

Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #185
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

It's amusing when you look back in hindsight. Billy never learns. He's doomed to keep repeating the same mistakes.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #186
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Old 03-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #187
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

if billy wants to go into wrestling, then he should go into wrestling. nothing wrong with that.
that other guy is just jealous.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #188
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
It's amusing when you look back in hindsight. Billy never learns. He's doomed to keep repeating the same mistakes.
don't we all?

the only difference are that his are public

Old 03-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #189
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #190
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
And for those interested
"and for monty"

Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 AM   #191
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post

Yeah, ok. I don't give a shit about your Australian girlfriend and will continue to pretend that it is actually about Orwell and 1984 as that speaks to a broader universal theme which resonates with me. Unlike My my my my my my my my my blahblahblahblah you fucking narcissist. /meltdown/

Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #192
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Surprised? When has Billy ever written an album that didn't have everything to do with his life? Every single album is about his childhood, mother, and girlfriends.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #193
slunken
Virgo

MCIS ELIE WIESEL

Old 03-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #194
slunken
Virgo

so he's admitted to using burroughs, pk dick, and vonnegut as literary inspiration in the past, yet somehow orwell is "off-limits"...

okay billy w/e you say...

Old 03-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #195
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #196
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Surprised? When has Billy ever written an album that didn't have everything to do with his life? Every single album is about his childhood, mother, and girlfriends.
No, I'm not surprised. The difference is that 15 years ago that shit didn't seem so emotionally stunted.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #197
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
No, I'm not surprised. The difference is that 15 years ago that shit didn't seem so emotionally stunted.
Billy is emotionally stunted. He's never going to change.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #198
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Billy is emotionally stunted. He's never going to change.
Yep. That's what I realized and that's when I gave up.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #199
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

imagine being his girlfriend. his tiny emaciated spinner of a 20 year old girlfriend. I can't imagine the lecturing she has to put up with from him.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #200
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

hey maybe they compliment each other well, who knows

Old 03-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #201
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
hey maybe they compliment each other well, who knows
Yeah, that explains their on and off relationship.

I will eat crow if Billy ever finds himself in a functional lasting relationship of any kind.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #202
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

so they have drama. maybe they both like drama. let them run in circles if they are having fun doing it. this is all an assumption anyway. lots of people have on and off relationships.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #203
billyswilly
Oblivious Virgin

everybody dance now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDihk...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #204
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm too fucking lazy and I don't care enough about the subject to debate this but I'll bite.

Quote:
so they have drama. maybe they both like drama. let them run in circles if they are having fun doing it. this is all an assumption anyway. lots of people have on and off relationships.
How does any of that explain your suggestion that they compliment each other? Who fucking cares that there are lots of people out there who are fucking stupid and find themselves in bad relationships. And how many of those are healthy or end up lasting? Aren't you supposed to be the armchair psychiatrist of the forum? You don't think Billy's stunted emotional growth has anything to do with his relationship issues over them having a fun gaye olde time being dramatic? Let me reiterate, I will eat crow if Billy ever finds himself in a functional lasting relationship of any kind.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #205
billyswilly
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
I'm too fucking lazy and I don't care enough about the subject to debate this but I'll bite.

How does any of that explain your suggestion that they compliment each other? Who fucking cares that there are lots of people out there who are fucking stupid and find themselves in bad relationships. And how many of those are healthy or end up lasting? Aren't you supposed to be the armchair psychiatrist of the forum? You don't think Billy's stunted emotional growth has anything to do with his relationship issues over them having a fun gaye olde time being dramatic? Let me reiterate, I will eat crow if Billy ever finds himself in a functional lasting relationship of any kind.
Ah... Yes. I see your point, however, you haven't considered this, have you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTDqr...rAicQOoHZqL44=

Old 03-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #206
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

No, I'm not saying he's functional. I'm saying WE DON'T KNOW is all. And I'm not an armchair psychiatrist. Obviously the dude has relationship problems and we see his dysfunction in the media.

How many relationships of any type last for a long period? You don't think his being with Yelena for 5+ years is "long"? Qualify yourself.

Obviously we are both engaging in this topic when we both know it is dumb. I even agree with you he doesn't seem to be able to last in monogamous long term relationships.

Of course the drama isn't exactly healthy but if they both indulge it may work better than with one crazy and one normal.

I'm just saying we don't fucking know.

Last edited by reprise85 : 03-30-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #207
myosis
Minion of Satan

i'm sure they compliment each other

Old 03-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #208
myosis
Minion of Satan

but what about complementing though?

Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #209
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

oh good catch there

Old 03-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #210
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
No, I'm not saying he's functional. I'm saying WE DON'T KNOW is all. And I'm not an armchair psychiatrist. Obviously the dude has relationship problems and we see his dysfunction in the media.
Fuck, I meant psychologist. I don't know why I wrote psychiatrist.

Quote:
How many relationships of any type last for a long period? You don't think his being with Yelena for 5+ years is "long"? Qualify yourself.
They weren't in an on and off relationship. The nature of on and off relationships are different than stable relationships that just don't workout for whatever reason. There are a lot of underlying issues involved. But you're right, not a whole lot of relationships last too long these days but I think that's a complicated topic that doesn't really apply to Billy's particular situation.

Quote:
Obviously we are both engaging in this topic when we both know it is dumb. I even agree with you he doesn't seem to be able to last in monogamous long term relationships.
Agreed.

Quote:
Of course the drama isn't exactly healthy but if they both indulge it may work better than with one crazy and one normal.
Good point.

Quote:
I'm just saying we don't fucking know.
No, I don't know specific intimate details but I think it's reasonable that you can make a couple of logical conclusions given Billy's own behavior and psychological problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
but what about complementing though?
Ha! Good catch, indeed. I didn't even fucking notice that I did that.