LaBelle
Socialphobic

Jack Master Bates

(i'm sorry)

Old 02-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #842
Morlock
Ownz

"You think you can play better than Jack Bates?!"

In that spirit, I may get a ticket if Billy was replaced with a better singer. I couldn't make it through his new solo album.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #843
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

D'arcy Wretzky-Brown
15 mins ·

Those were posted as proof to the many people who said that i was lying about ever being offered the job. (In fact, Billy is saying that now as well)
if one takes the time to read it carefully, one will notice that as the conversation continues,
the roll i'm offered becomes ever smaller.
Finally Billy says that what i deserve is a T-shirt w/my face on it. I spoke with him and asked him if there was any possible way that i'd be able to play bass on the tour and he said no.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:17 AM   #844
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

you guys want one mega-thread, merge the 2 darcy threads?

it's gonna be pretty much the same in both from here on out, I guess.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #845
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I got a solution for Billy.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...QNX3WteiZGVUWV

Old 02-13-2018, 08:39 AM   #846
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

D'arcy Wretzky-Brown
Just now ·

i tried my very best to convince Billy otherwise
because i never would forgive myself if i didn't do everything i could to try to change his mind. You can see where i told him that he was throwing away something precious. He does not care.

D'arcy Wretzky-Brown
9 mins
·
Folks.
I have spoken with Billy. i said to him,
"Billy. I need you to tell me: if i crush it; if i do everything perfectly, is there any chance that i can play bass on the tour?"
Billy said "No."
and PLEASE read those more carefully.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #847
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

https://media.giphy.com/media/Lgb9p7eXSEcp2/giphy.gif

Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #848
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/ZUpxM44.png

...and Billy couldn't even be bothered to actually meet D'Arcy in Michigan during the last 2 years.

He never gave her a chance to show him how strong she is currently...musically, emotionally & physically.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #849
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Makes no sense, if Billy was talking about her singing Daydream or playing 2 - 7 songs onstage with them.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #850
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

It's pretty clear from his texts that he's trying to play the "nice guy bolly" role, trying to convince her that they are doing it for her, blah blah blah. She is flat out saying she's ready and doesn't need that but the more she presses, he back tracks and makes her role even smaller. From the start he wanted a better bass player and just wanted her to make a few appearances so he could sell more shirts with her on them.

This is all pretty shady and shitty considering all the comments he made about Soundgarden reuniting. They ended up doing a FULL band reunion and album. He's tiptoeing around everything with her, walking on egg shells as if she's a fragile little girl. He knew from the beginning he didn't want her for a full tour. He never even made the effort to see her play or talk to her in person. I hope he doesn't try to bill this as a reunion still. This may be the final straw for a lot of the older fans. Years of him talking a full reunion and then he fucks it up, making it this huge production where everything has to be down to the minute on stage, no room for error bullshit.

If he wants to get a better bass player that's fine, but stop stringing your fans and other people along with your crap. I hope this fails.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #851
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerospaced View Post
This is all pretty shady and shitty considering all the comments he made about Soundgarden reuniting.
Here's what he said:

Quote:
There are those bands that are essentially coming back only to make money – playing their old albums, and maybe somewhere in the back of their minds they’re thinking there might be a future.

I am not in that business, obviously. I condemn anybody who’s in that business but doesn’t admit [he’s] in that business. When Soundgarden came back and they just played their old songs, great. I was a fan of Soundgarden, but call it for what it is. They’re just out there to have one more round at the till; same with Pavement and these other bands.
Yeah have fun with your reunion tour Billy. I'm sure people will call it for what it is.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #852
Radiofred
Apocalyptic Poster

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...c-preservation

Billy Corgan buys a piece of the Gold Coast
April 14, 2002|By Bob Goldsborough. Special to the Tribune.

Ten months after selling his Victorian painted lady mansion in Lake View for $1 million, former Smashing Pumpkins lead singer and chief songwriter Billy Corgan has paid $2.95 million for a recently renovated, historic six-room condominium on the Gold Coast.

After disbanding the Smashing Pumpkins, Corgan formed a new group, Zwan, which is playing three sold-out shows at the Double Door this weekend.

Through his tour manager, Corgan declined to comment on the purchase of the two-bedroom condo. His tour manager confirmed that the singer-songwriter recently has been staying at the condo while rehearsing for Zwan's current tour, but said the Chicago-area native ultimately intends to lease the condo in a 110-year-old building to someone else. The unit has an oak-paneled living room, reception room, balcony framed by granite columns, four fireplaces, walnut parquet floors and a large terrace.

Corgan has shown an affinity for vintage properties. After moving out of the more than 100-year-old Lake View home at 3448 N. Greenview Ave., which he owned from 1993 to 2001, Corgan temporarily stayed in a penthouse in the Haberdasher Square loft development, 728 W. Jackson Blvd., a former manufacturing building that dates to 1926. And in 2000, the Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois awarded Corgan its President's Award for his commitment to historic preservation.

Since Corgan sold his Lake View home, one Smashing Pumpkins Web site reported that he has been living in Italy, but in interviews he has declined any comment on his permanent residence.

Singer Courtney Love, whom Corgan dated many years ago, just sold her loft in downtown Manhattan for $3 million after buying it for $2.6 million in January 2001, according to the New York Post. The loft is in the same building where rocker Lenny Kravitz just listed his own, five-bedroom, 7,000-square-foot, multilevel loft for $16 million, after buying the space unfinished in October 2000 for $8 million, the Post reported.

Love also recently listed her almost 3,700-square-foot Spanish-style house on Los Angeles' Westside -- which she bought last June for $3 million -- for about the same price, according to the Los Angeles Times. Love reportedly is looking for another house in the area because her five-bedroom house, which was built in the 1920s, is too small.

Ironically, Love told the Times last year that she sold a four-bedroom, 4,700-square-foot French country-style house on almost 2 acres in the Hollywood Hills -- which she had purchased from Ellen DeGeneres in 1997 for about $3 million -- because she was planning to spend more time in New York and actually wanted something smaller in L.A. She sold the Hollywood Hills home for $3.995 million in March 2001 to British businessman Mike Walley. Love's former Hollywood Hills house made the news in November 2001, after Paul McCartney's fellow Beatle George Harrison died. After Harrison's representatives gave a bogus L.A. address on his death certificate, the county's district attorney revealed in February that Harrison actually had died at Walley's house.

Rocker Tom Petty has paid close to $2.5 million for a three-bedroom oceanfront home in Malibu, Calif., according to the Los Angeles Times. Built in 1974, the house has three fireplaces, Malibu tiles and a courtyard with a fountain, the paper reported ... Fred Durst, frontman for the rock group Limp Bizkit, has sold a house he never moved into in Bel Air, Calif., for $3.7 million because it had "vibes that were not quite correct for him," according to the Los Angeles Times. Last fall, Durst bought the four-bedroom, 6,600-square-foot house, which was once owned by the Doors' Robbie Krieger and has a carving of the Doors playing on one wall, for just under $4 million, the paper reported. Durst recently bought a house with a sound studio in L.A.'s Hollywood Hills, and has listed that home for $1.4 million, the Times reported.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #853
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Takeaways:
  • Bill seems very cool and totally keeps it real in all those texts.
  • There are definitely portions of the conversation missing.
  • Darcy couldn't make it to the studio due to health issues.
  • No one has heard Darcy's playing or singing in 19 years.
  • Bill offered her a range of sing one song to Play 7 songs.
  • Darcy says she was told 'no' to playing bass on the tour.
  • JC,BC,JI seem unified.
  • Darcy still could work this out and ease her way back in.
  • Darcy says she doesn't care about the money
  • Same setlist every night.
  • Bates is the touring bass player.
  • This has overshadowed Thursdays tour announcement.
  • Darcy needs to chill. She is in the comments of every blog defending her position.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #854
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

So, basically what we all expected. It appears in the rush to get back in arenas and strike while the iron is hot, Billy booked a bunch of arena shows. He does not have any reasons to think D'arcy would be up to the task.

In all fairness to Billy, it appears he attempted to have her take as big a role as possible, while leaving the door open to the future. In all fairness to D'arcy, he probably should have met with her in Michigan or at least waited for her to be able to appear in the studio. It seems like she felt just as bummed about not being able to be in the studio with Rick Rubin as she did about not being invited to the tour on a full time capacity.

Also, D'arcy has yet to drop the real "smoking gun" texts where she claims Billy told her she could never expect to replace Jack Bates. The texts we saw are kind of douche-y and inherently "Bollish," but not unexpected. He talks to her like it sounds like he talks to everyone else.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #855
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
The texts we saw are kind of douche-y and inherently "Bollish," but not unexpected. He talks to her like it sounds like he talks to everyone else.
texts always read badly without tone and context.
if this is HOW they've been communicating for the last 2 years... OMFG
They're all disfunctional in their own ways, but you can't plan a tour on that kind of sketch. best to tell her to stay home now than when it's too late.
NOTHING's been "announced", so it's all good in my book.

I'm gonna quit blaming billy for romanticizing the reunion... I'm sure even he thought it'd be great if it could go well.

it was ALWAYS about the money, for EVERYONE. lets not kid ourselves.. They've got kids, they're working adults now. why not cash in on the work they've built years back..... these guys are 50 - this isn't rock and roll anymore. it hasn't been for a long time.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #856
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Agreed about the money. Saying it's not about the money is a strawman that people who are trying to be holier than thou often use.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #857
s0ss
Demi-God

Everyone works for The Money. Even the shitty artist who lives in a cardboard box has a tip jar.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #858
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

I am sad about the broadway show aspect. The best SP shows are the visceral performances with Bill feeding off the crowd.

Maybe there will be a few small club warm up dates. Metro? 930 club?

Old 02-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #859
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4b View Post
I am sad about the broadway show aspect. The best SP shows are the visceral performances with Bill feeding off the crowd.

Maybe there will be a few small club warm up dates. Metro? 930 club?
It could be an amazing show though, with the right production behind it. Look at the kind of shows big bands are doing these days, I'm thinking U2 or Muse; SP certainly have the back catalog to draw upon.

All these factors, plus the fact that the "reunion" is being positioned like the last 11 years didn't happen, means that more casual and younger gig goers will come along. So tickets will sell.

Look at Stone Roses; they reformed and managed to do a couple of huge shows over a 5 year period, without releasing a new album (they did release two songs, one of which was maligned, the other more warmly received). But the fact is they were playing to tens of thousands every night with 25 year old material.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #860
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

Regardless of the context, it's kinda wild to see actual communication between Billy and D'arcy given that the idea of them speaking seemed like an impossibility for so many years.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #861
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlock View Post
"You think you can play better than Jack Bates?!"
this gave me some good laffs

Old 02-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #862
Radiofred
Apocalyptic Poster

Looks like D'arcy's Facebook is gone. It is to me anyway.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #863
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Looks like it's been deleted and not just deactivated.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #864
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiofred View Post
Looks like D'arcy's Facebook is gone. It is to me anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Looks like it's been deleted and not just deactivated.

https://i.imgur.com/A1IxkZV.png

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...aul-840784.jpg

Old 02-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #865
rawkstar
Pledge

she must have been hacked again

Old 02-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #866
ilikeplanets
Braindead

del

Last edited by ilikeplanets : 02-13-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: i answered my own question

Old 02-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #867
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
damn it and i was just about to ask where i could see all of these text messages she keeps talking about
It's in the other thread...

https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...reunion-offer/

Old 02-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #868
ilikeplanets
Braindead

hehe thanks yeah i just noticed immediately after typing that T_T

Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #869
cork_soaker
full of longing

let's not forget that this is all happening because billy wore shorts on camera in the zwan dvd

Old 02-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #870
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Billy's texts seem like typical passive aggressive sociopath speak. Of course he wants to appear reasonable.