Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who is Corgan’s biggest bitch?
Monte 25 49.02%
Linda Strawtits 27 52.94%
Manny Chevrolet 4 7.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #61
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Bitchy Brett is great!

Old 05-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #62
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
Monte is a bad person.
Is Monte that scumbaggish, road apple, tour manager guy?

Old 05-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #63
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Monte is the guy who had a Prop 8 avatar, took creep shots of women while they slept, tried stealing a bootleg when he was a guest at someone's house, and thought there were billions of people in USA.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #64
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

oh lord i dont even know where to start with monte

Old 05-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #65
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

bought tickets and taped every residency show and stalked BC so hard that he just accepted it and used him as a free liaison with fans

Old 05-25-2018, 07:31 PM   #66
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
took creep shots of women while they slept
Christ every time I think I've heard it all there just turns out to be more

Monte anecdotes: the gift that keeps on giving

Old 05-25-2018, 09:07 PM   #67
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Did Monte take a pic of Nicole taking a nap?

Old 05-25-2018, 10:29 PM   #68
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Manny rollin' the weights:

Old 05-27-2018, 05:21 AM   #69
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

Linda Strawberry may not be much known outside the SP camp, but has still made it to a biography on Wikipedia! Maybe with a little help by herself, the way it is written…?

“This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.”
“The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music.”
“This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification.”

And she is already officially playing bass! After just three months learning? Makes me wonder how her other preferences have to be quoted…

Strawberry’s real surname is ROWberry. Which could explain her aggressive behaviour as some kind of a branded, generic family tradition.
Also seems that Linda doesn’t like the more leaning COWberry fruit to be her artist name. Don’t be afraid to be a cow, Linda!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Strawberry

Linda Strawberry
Background information
Birth name
Linda Michelle Rowberry
Born
September 9, 1981 (age 36)
Genres
Alternative rock, indie rock, dream pop
Occupation(s)
Director, Editor, Colorist, Musician
Instruments
Keyboard, vocals, guitar, bass
Years active
2000–present
Labels
Strawberry Label
Associated acts
Smashing Pumpkins, Djali Zwan, Spirits in the Sky, The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex, The Shadow Bureau, Bon Harris, Billy Corgan
Website
www.lindastrawberry.com

Linda Strawberry is the nom de plume of a Los Angeles artist, director, editor and musician, best known as Billy Corgan's collaborator and touring member for the TheFutureEmbrace tour and director of silent art film Pillbox.

Career
Initially working under her birth name Linda Rowberry, Strawberry collaborated with Especially For Youth on I Know My Redeemer Lives (2000) and with David Coverdale on Into the Light (2001)

She spent some time working as a recording engineer, most notably working on Sarah Mclachlan's Afterglow (2002) which has since sold over 4 million copies.[1][better source needed][2]

Strawberry was signed to Chrysalis Records with a publishing development deal from 2004 to 2006. She performed with Djali Zwan (the second, acoustic incarnation of Corgan's Zwan project), appearing on the soundtrack to the movie Spun; she is the lead singer on the version of "Love to Love" from that soundtrack.

She started her own label called Lovely Chaos Records, on which she released The Lost Record EP in August 2007, and Lip Distortion in 2009.

She has appeared on The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex album Life Begins Again, and on the soundtrack of 2002 movie Spun as well acting as an engineer on Sarah McLachlan's latest record. She has worked with Bjorn Thorsrud, Alan Moulder, Bon Harris. She sang a duet with David Coverdale on his 2001 solo record Into the Light. She appeared with Billy Corgan on the very last Bozo the Clown Show. She was also active as a production assistant to the Zwan project.[3][4]

In March 2008 Strawberry was chosen to appear in a national Peta2 "Fur Is Dead" campaign.[5]

August 2009 Strawberry joined Billy Corgan, Dave Navarro, Mark Tulin, Mike Byrne, Kerry Brown, Mark Weitz, Ysanne Spevack, and Kevin Dippold to do a tour under the band name Spirits in the Sky.[6]

In 2011 she sang a duet with Curt Smith from Tears for Fears for a song by The Shadow Bureau titled "Don't Give Yourself Away", and was responsible for some of the artwork for Peter Murphy's video of "I Spit Roses."[7]

Strawberry co-wrote and produced a song "Dancing in the Sunshine" for Disney television show Phineas and Ferb for the episode "Just My Luck".[2]

In 2012 she began working as a video director, editor, and colorist. Some of her work includes Peter Murphy "I Spit Roses" Illustrator, Smashing Pumpkins "Run2Me" Director/Editor[8], and David J "Gentrification Blues" Director/Editor[9].

In 2017 she directed and edited a 41 minute psychedelic silent art film titled Pillbox accompanying Billy Corgan's record Ogilala.[10] Later that year she also directed a live solo performance of Corgan playing songs from Ogilala and Smashing Pumpkins that was released under the title 'Neath the Darkest Eves'.[11]

Solo discography
2007: The Lost Record
2009: Lip Distortion

Filmography
Music videos
"I Spit Roses" by Peter Murphy
"Run2Me" by Smashing Pumpkins (2015)[8]
"Gentrification Blues" by David J (2016)
"Pillbox" co-directed with Billy Corgan (2017)[12]
"'Neath the Darkest Eves" a solo performance by Billy Corgan[13]

https://billiejoe.iddocs.fr/smashing/img/billybozo2.jpg https://images2.laweekly.com/imager/...corganbozo.jpg

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-31-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:43 AM   #70
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Linda was befriended with Bjorn Thorsrud, who gave her early jobs as recording engineer and as a singer. And introduced her to Billy Corgan.

Wasn't she also the one who thanked him on it by having an affair with Billy's Zwan bandmate Pajo...?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #71
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Happy birthday, Bjorn!!!

Old 05-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #72
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

she's not notable and that article could easily be taken down but i feel bad and am not going to do it. i've gotten many an un-notable person deleted from wikipedia and even more businesses using it as their own personal advertisement space. i'm not too active on wikipedia anymore, but for the people who are there are two basic camps: inclusionists and deletionists. inclusionists think that it is better to have more articles than a fewer since there is no practical or theoretical limit on how many articles wikipedia can have, and tend to be more lenient while judging if a person or event is notable enough for inclusion. deletionists prefer denser material be the core of wikipedia and that non-notable people or events be included in other pages of notable things when appropriate and avoid having their own pages. for example, it would make sense to mention linda strawberry/rowberry on zwan's page or on the page for pillbox if it even has one.

this has been your weekly reprise's corner lesson

Old 05-27-2018, 06:33 PM   #73
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

neva4get

http://forums.netphoria.org/member.php?u=8236

Old 05-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #74
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
she's not notable and that article could easily be taken down but i feel bad and am not going to do it. i've gotten many an un-notable person deleted from wikipedia and even more businesses using it as their own personal advertisement space. i'm not too active on wikipedia anymore, but for the people who are there are two basic camps: inclusionists and deletionists. inclusionists think that it is better to have more articles than a fewer since there is no practical or theoretical limit on how many articles wikipedia can have, and tend to be more lenient while judging if a person or event is notable enough for inclusion. deletionists prefer denser material be the core of wikipedia and that non-notable people or events be included in other pages of notable things when appropriate and avoid having their own pages. for example, it would make sense to mention linda strawberry/rowberry on zwan's page or on the page for pillbox if it even has one.

this has been your weekly reprise's corner lesson
I think Strawberry sucks as much as the next guy, but her work with Smashing Pumpkins and Corgan make her notable enough for inclusion. It really does look like she wrote that up herself though lol

Old 05-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #75
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Does Monte have a...mental deficiency? Always wondered.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #76
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Aids

Old 05-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #77
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I think Strawberry sucks as much as the next guy, but her work with Smashing Pumpkins and Corgan make her notable enough for inclusion. It really does look like she wrote that up herself though lol
so you're familiar with wikipedia notability guidelines? specifically -

Quote:
WP:SIGCOV
If a topic has received significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the subject, it is presumed to be suitable for a stand-alone article or list.

"Significant coverage" addresses the topic directly and in detail, so that no original research is needed to extract the content. Significant coverage is more than a trivial mention, but it does not need to be the main topic of the source material.
The book-length history of IBM by Robert Sobel is plainly non-trivial coverage of IBM.
Martin Walker's statement, in a newspaper article about Bill Clinton,[1] that "In high school, he was part of a jazz band called Three Blind Mice" is plainly a trivial mention of that band.
the vast majority of things listed in her article are trivial mentions. so she sang on some song on some soundtrack that was never released. less than trivial, really.

Quote:
"Independent of the subject" excludes works produced by the article's subject or someone affiliated with it. For example, advertising, press releases, autobiographies, and the subject's website are not considered independent.[4]
aka, you can't use the existence of Pillbox by itself to prove that it is a noteworthy production. it isnt.

that article is basically a resume.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:36 PM   #78
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

annnnnd i nominated it for deletion. 7 days to prove strawberry is notable enough for a wikipedia article, go for it fuzzy.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #79
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

"The article may be deleted if this message remains in place for seven days, i.e., after 00:04, 4 June 2018 (UTC)."

You force her ambition to become the next bass player of the Pumpkins.

To become relevant for a Wikipedia entry...

Linda, your biography will at least HERE stay forever!

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-31-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:20 PM   #80
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

So Linda has released two records on her own label, "The Lost Record" in 2007 and "Lip Distortion" in 2009.
Must have been in such a low quantity that they aren't even mentioned at DISCOGS beside her collaborations:
https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/45...nda-Strawberry

BTW, I'm the proud owner of her first release. Got it for a dollar five years ago on eBay.
New, out of print cutout. From a seller in her neighbourhood in L.A..

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-28-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:07 PM   #81
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Manny for Mayor:

Manny Chevrolet for Mayor 2014 from The Local 504 on Vimeo.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #82
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Quote:
annnnnd i nominated it for deletion. 7 days to prove strawberry is notable enough for a wikipedia article, go for it fuzzy.
The time limit got removed, but the text content hasn't changed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Strawberry
This page was last edited on 3 June 2018, at 14:24.

The content was officially posted by MusicBrainz:
“MusicBrainz is a community-maintained open source encyclopedia of music information.
This means that anyone - including you - can help contribute to the project by adding information about your favorite artists and their related works.
MusicBrainz is operated by the MetaBrainz Foundation, a California based 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit corporation dedicated to keeping MusicBrainz free and open source.”

So Linda Strawberry posted her biography to MusicBrainz to get it posted by them on Wikipedia?

Does the intro text on Wikipedia mean, her biography on Wiki is questionable since November 2009?

"This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately, especially if potentially libelous or harmful. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)"

Old 06-03-2018, 03:33 PM   #83
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Guess who posted Katie Cole's biography on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Cole

"Authority control
MusicBrainz: 791fd3b9-9c72-4d20-aca2-33c421319f60"

Another self written biography...

Background information
Born Melbourne, Australia
Occupation(s)
Singer-songwriter musician
Instruments
Vocals guitar bass piano
Associated acts The Smashing Pumpkins
Website katiecoleofficial.com

"She is currently a touring bassist from The Smashing Pumpkins since 2015."

"Cole taught herself how to play guitar and piano, and began performing live at age 16.[4] During the early stages of Cole's career, her mother was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Cole described the diagnosis, which made her "fearless" and influenced her debut EP, as "heartbreaking and a complete reality check".[4] She has described her music as "Americana meets British pop", incorporating the styles and sounds of Colbie Caillat, Sheryl Crow, Fleetwood Mac and Tom Petty.[3] Cole's music has also been compared to artists such as Stevie Nicks and KT Tunstall.[4]"

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 06-03-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #84
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Now Sierra Swan on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Swan

"This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. Please help by adding secondary or tertiary sources. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately, especially if potentially libelous or harmful. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)"

"Authority control
WorldCat Identities GND: 13544604X MusicBrainz: 4dc74df9-f6d8-4157-825e-b5c9ccbfc880 VIAF: 311093341"

Miss Swan found her records important enough to mention them all there with all the song titles.

"Discography
LadyLand (2006)
"Copper Red"
"Don't Say"
"Get Down to It" (featuring Aimee Mann)
"Dr. Loveboy"
"The Ladder"
"Ladyland"
"Trouble Is"
"Lucky Scar"
"Shakedown"
"Just Tell Me"
"Mother"

Good Soldier (2014)
Produced by Billy Corgan. Engineered and Mixed by Bjorn Thorsrud
"Black Eyed" – 4:40
"Emotional" – 3:20
"Little Shoes" – 4:30
"Take Me Out to the Ballgame" – 4:23
"Mother Nature" – 4:43
"Make a Happy Home" – 3:52
"The Day" – 3:50
"Sad Affair" – 4:20
"I Feel" (feat. Carina Round) – 5:14
"No Matter How Much" – 4:28"

"She played with The Smashing Pumpkins on their 2016 in Plainsong tour, singing and playing various instruments.[6]"

She even made herself a member of the Black Eyed Peas:

"The Black Eyed Peas
will.i.am apl.de.ap Taboo
Fergie Kim Hill Dante Santiago DJ Motiv8 Mookie Mook Sierra Swan"

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 06-03-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #85
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post

So Linda Strawberry posted her biography to MusicBrainz to get it posted by them on Wikipedia?

Does the intro text on Wikipedia mean, her biography on Wiki is questionable since November 2009?
1. Probably not. I've never heard of it and it's against wikipedia policy to hire or otherwise direct third-party editors. Someone CAN edit their own wikipedia page if they make it clear who they are and, like anyone else, avoid bias. It looks like MusicBrainz is some kind of archive of independent artists and what they've worked on to separate people who have similar names and such. But IDK

2. it means that most of the information either can't be sourced because she isn't well known enough to get her own mentions on the media for products (ding) or because no one has done the work to do so

Old 06-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #86
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

so if you go to View History of the article, you can see that someone else endorsed my deletion and then someone else took it off and said that they think she's notable because "notable film and compositions for notable productions, groups". this is, btw, how things are done on wikipedia it isn't rude or anything to just delete whatever without discussing it. if i wanted to discuss it now it'd be my job to contact him on the talk page of the article to talk about it. and one of us would have to convince the other person to keep it or not, and if we couldn't agree we could get third party consensus from another group of wikipedians. my main argument would be that if she's notable, why has no one proven it with third party sources in 9 years?

i just read the notability guidelines and i think this dude is wrong, however i'm not going to argue with him; he seems like a genuine person who spends a lot of time on wikipedia and who probably doesn't even know who the fuck linda strawberry is. he's impartial, it appears. so i will defer.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:43 PM   #87
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

MusicBrainz is also portrayed on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MusicBrainz

Their website, where you can write your own biography:

https://musicbrainz.org

Old 06-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #88
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Unbelievable:
D'arcy didn't sound worser with her background vocals and was even able to play bass guitar casually...

Old 06-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #89
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

the reason i said it seems like a music info minutia is because of the wikipedia page about "Authority Control" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Authority_control

Quote:
Authority control is a way of associating a unique identifier to articles on Wikipedia. This is useful to disambiguate different items with similar or identical headings, as well as to establish a single standard title for an item that is commonly known by two or more titles. When used, authority control data links can be found near the bottom of Wikipedia pages, linking to bibliographical records on worldwide Library catalogs. Authority control is often used on biographical articles because it is quite common for more than one person to share the same name. It is commonly used in other subject material, as well.
It is quite against Wikipedia's rules to have pay a third party to write or edit a wikipedia page about you.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #90
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Lol I told you so!