LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
remember to splash in the puddles
I did, it was underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I can only make recommendations for hot and rainy - trend advice: stay indoors at all times
Can it be said that a person is wearing a house if they never leave it?

Old 07-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #2312
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I saw a rainbow effect on the wet sidewalk today, it was magical.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #2313
Elphenor
Braindead

is a rainbow effect different from a rainbow

Old 07-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #2314
LaBelle
Socialphobic

It was not an arc in the sky, but a refraction from the ground. Idk what brings it about, but it was kinda pretty I thought.

Last edited by LaBelle : 07-17-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #2315
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Surface oil in all its splendor.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:48 PM   #2316
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Good thing I don't smoke then.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #2317
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

LaBelle I was appreciating your cool boots but then you made the picture go away

Old 07-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #2318
redbreegull

also thank you for correctly using refraction, you now know english better than 95% of americans

Old 07-17-2018, 09:02 PM   #2319
Elphenor
Braindead

just wanted another excuse to show off the boots, transparent

Old 07-17-2018, 09:14 PM   #2320
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Sigh. Can't win.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #2321
Elphenor
Braindead

do we still have a slack chat can I join

Old 07-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #2322
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I know man. I definitely missed out on the glory days when all of the Netphorians were hooking up with each other
You weren’t here. Many - mannnnny - netphorians hooked up. Group 10+, even.

Those were the days.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:49 PM   #2323
redbreegull

it could still happen, he just needs to lower his standers

Old 07-17-2018, 09:54 PM   #2324
Elphenor
Braindead

I'll fuck you fuzzrod

Old 07-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #2325
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Who even organizes the invites, these days?

The ever-reliable 'Belle has flown the coop.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:45 PM   #2326
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
You weren’t here. Many - mannnnny - netphorians hooked up. Group 10+, even.

Those were the days.
Were there people that got married aside from Sam and Mike?

Old 07-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #2327
redbreegull

Netphoria Convention Brazilian Tour Bus Extravaganza 2019

Old 07-17-2018, 11:58 PM   #2328
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Who even organizes the invites, these days?

The ever-reliable 'Belle has flown the coop.
it might as well be me

Old 07-18-2018, 06:47 AM   #2329
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 07-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #2330
Disco King
Minion of Satan

My chest kinda hurts.

So, I went out for some drinks with some friends last night. Invited along that girl I've been talking about with whom I went out for a while, but who decided we should just be friends. She mentioned not having a lot of friends, so I wanted to bring her into the friend group I recently made.

Even though I still fancy her, I thought accepting that it isn't reciprocated would go down a lot easier than it is. She mentioned that she might be moving to a town the next province over to move in with the guy she's seeing who is out there, and I felt something snap inside my chest.

Just kinda sucks knowing that I failed to make her feel all the things this other fellow is. Especially because I feel like it was my own lack of ability to act romantically that prevented her from feeling any chemistry, rather than incompatibility. I mean, I've went out with people with whom I just wasn't a match for before, but it feels like a failure when you feel you are a match, but just failed to do the right things. Especially when our culture puts all the burden of escalating on the male, it can be hard for shy dudes like me to really capture anybody's interest.

Also knowing that she got serious enough with this guy in the time since we stopped going out to want to move in with him, across borders, even.

I of course can't tell her any of that shit, she shouldn't have to deal with putting placating another person's feelings over pursuing her own. But I feel like it must be coming through, the way our ride when she dropped me off had more silence than conversation

I know the only thing to do is see other people and not get stuck on one u blew it with, but it's not like I'm having success with anybody else, anyway. And even if I were, I haven't met anybody I've dug as much as her. Like, I like everything about her down to her Tourette's tics, her perpetually dilated pupils, her belief in and fear of ghosts. The way she almost looks like a ghost.

I know, the oldest story ever. Person likes person who is with somebody else.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #2331
Elphenor
Braindead

sorry man

Old 07-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #2332
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I hate myself for having such juvenile feelings I should have outgrown by now. I'm too old to be whining about girls.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:22 PM   #2333
Shallowed
Braindead

You're a long way from inceldom. Don't worry about it.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:28 PM   #2334
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
My chest kinda hurts.

So, I went out for some drinks with some friends last night. Invited along that girl I've been talking about with whom I went out for a while, but who decided we should just be friends. She mentioned not having a lot of friends, so I wanted to bring her into the friend group I recently made.

Even though I still fancy her, I thought accepting that it isn't reciprocated would go down a lot easier than it is. She mentioned that she might be moving to a town the next province over to move in with the guy she's seeing who is out there, and I felt something snap inside my chest.

Just kinda sucks knowing that I failed to make her feel all the things this other fellow is. Especially because I feel like it was my own lack of ability to act romantically that prevented her from feeling any chemistry, rather than incompatibility. I mean, I've went out with people with whom I just wasn't a match for before, but it feels like a failure when you feel you are a match, but just failed to do the right things. Especially when our culture puts all the burden of escalating on the male, it can be hard for shy dudes like me to really capture anybody's interest.

Also knowing that she got serious enough with this guy in the time since we stopped going out to want to move in with him, across borders, even.

I of course can't tell her any of that shit, she shouldn't have to deal with putting placating another person's feelings over pursuing her own. But I feel like it must be coming through, the way our ride when she dropped me off had more silence than conversation

I know the only thing to do is see other people and not get stuck on one u blew it with, but it's not like I'm having success with anybody else, anyway. And even if I were, I haven't met anybody I've dug as much as her. Like, I like everything about her down to her Tourette's tics, her perpetually dilated pupils, her belief in and fear of ghosts. The way she almost looks like a ghost.

I know, the oldest story ever. Person likes person who is with somebody else.
It sounds like you aren't actually cool with being her friend. Speaking from experience, if you have an unrequited love and you keep trying to hang out with them knowing you still have those feelings, it's just likely to agitate and exacerbate your feelings of loneliness or rejection. I understand the thought process of, "This person is so cool, I really do still want to try and be their friend," but you should question yourself seriously if you would go out of your way to spend time with her if you had no romantic interest. Are you actually trying to hang out with her because you sense the potential for long term friendship, or because you are still trying to be near her despite how things turned out? You could just be torturing yourself, and continuing to hang with her could actually just be causing you to spin your wheels deep down in the muck of heartbreak whereas you could potentially have moved further on emotionally at this point. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is a self-harming behavior I have personally engaged in over and over and over.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:25 PM   #2335
Ram27
dumb

erm, hi lads. so I hope this is the drunk thread, right?

so I've been drinking so much it's totally fucked my ability to drum. and that's the saddest fucking thing in the world - at least for me.

i'm watching Rocket @ Metro 93, realizing I can't play those parts anymore, and sobbing myself into the fucking ground.

I actually messaged Jimmy C on instagram, like, hey man, I'm really fucked and I wondered if you had any advice. He hasn't responded yet/if at all.

I've got Geek in the next tab as well. So that'll be a fun trip; I used to be able to jam these motherfuckers at 110 MPH just like the band....but I can't anymore. Ruby > By Starlight was nothing for me a year ago....but now it's such a struggle.

Sorry, I don't know why I'm posting this.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:14 PM   #2336
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

ram. i do not say this to put you down, but your JC obsession is reaching unhealthy proportions. you need to back down a bit, man.

just try to think about something else and listen to different music. let music come out of you because it needs to, not because you need to keep on par with Jimmy or whatever it is.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:16 PM   #2337
slunken
Virgo

get into jazz and become a dick

Old 07-25-2018, 11:19 PM   #2338
Shallowed
Braindead

Do you mean that you're not able to drum when you're sober?

You do have periods of sobriety, right?

Old 07-25-2018, 11:30 PM   #2339
FoolofaTook

poor ram

you are still young bro. if you slow down your body mind and seoul will heal and you'll be drumming jellybelly like a sith lord once again.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #2340
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I hate myself for having such juvenile feelings I should have outgrown by now. I'm too old to be whining about girls.
i hate myself for getting so fucking hot over little shit like people stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to send a text, standing on the left side of an escalator, having a group walk in a row (slowly) taking up the whole sidewalk, or having a person walking directly into me cause they won't look up from their phone (i never move for them like i'm making way for a king), and loud and unnecessary phone conversations in an otherwise quiet public space.

i try to realize when i'm actually not in a hurry or don't HAVE to get so mad. like the other day 2 women were standing next to one another on the escalator and not walking. i took a deep breath, got on and just slowly rode to the top. pretty sure i rolled my eyes and laughed to myself that i let this shit get to me.