Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #151
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong View Post
My recipient was D. and he turned around a review pretty quick. I still haven't listened to the mix I received yet, so apologies to whomever that may be. D. here is the tracklist:

1. Stereolab - Percolator
2. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Hong Kong Garden
3. Cibo Mato - Spoon
4. Four Tet - As Serious As Your Life
5. Matthew Dear - Deserter
6. Gang Gang Dance - House Jam
7. Amon Tobin - Get Your Snack On
8. Dismemberment Plan - Back and Forth
9. Moving Units - Submission
10. Har Mar Superstar - Cry 4 Help
11. Portishead - Glory Box
12. Beck - Guess I'm Doing Fine
13. Cat Power - Say
14. Mazzy Star - Still Cold
15. Nick Drake - Parasite
16. Songs: Ohia - Didn't It Rain
17. Elliott Smith - 2:45am
18. Leonard Cohen - Suzanne

It was a two genre mix. First part was aiming for songs with a rhythmic bassline, second part was just sad and/or emotional songs, but I ended it on a high note with a great song about love.
thank you very much for the mix.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #152
Brute Squad
oh for fuck's sake

A slow day at work has allowed me to listen to the mix given to me and here are my thoughts:

1. (01 Track1) Nice organ in the background of this song. To me, it sounds like the band is attempting to sound nostalgic or just harken back to older musical times. Not a fan of the vocals, but I tend to be picky.
2. (01 Track 10) Cute keyboard melody, then adds a solid 4/4 beat, then an undecernible(sp?) vocal sample repeats occasionally... the song adds a few layers over the course of it's 8 minute length. This is very pleasant mostly instrumental music that reminds me a little of Her Space Holiday. It'd make nice background music.
3. (01 Track 14) Short one that fits very nicely with the previous track. Cute melody and another solid beat with sampled vocals.
4. (03 Track 3) Love the reverbed bass on this track. Gives it that old sound. The vocals work very well for this type of music. I'd probably like more songs from this band.
5. (03 Track 8) Interesting samples and effects in the intro of this song! I like the girl's vocals in this song but the song is all over the place and has too many styles that don't quite fit with each other. It seems like too many things are being attempted within just one song.
6. (04 Track 2) Folky song, nice guitar work that starts building half-way through, adding strings and background vocals. I thought this song was going to be sad, but it ended up being a little uplifting.
7. (04 Track 9) I can't understand the words in this song, but the slap/stomp as drums along with the guitar and weird background noises makes you can't help but tap your feet along. I want to hear more from this artist/band.
8. (05 Track 5) I had to look it up, but I think they're ripping off the melody in the chorus from Where Have All The Cowboys Gone. I like this one better.
9. (05 Track 7) Good pop-based song, and the vocalist sounds familiar (I'm thinking Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, but he's improved a lot?)
10. (05 Track 15) Another folky song, but I don't like this one as much. It's the vocals.
11. (Track 6) Vocals are deep in the mix, with a White Stripes-light guitar and drums sound to it. I like this one, kind of.
12. (07 Track 13) Another simple folksy song with shaky vocals. Not a fan, sorry.
13. (08 Track 11) Simple drums, guitar and vocals song. He is singing about emo stuff.
14. (10 Track 12) Nice mandolin, banjo and guitar on this track. I really enjoyed the vocal sections with harmonies.
15. (11 Track 4) This fits well with the previous track and is fairly similar, with a lovely woodwind and strings section at the end.
16. (11 Track 16) Music box sounds/samples here, layers added and subtracted through the rest of the song. I enjoyed this track a lot. It reminds me of Amelie.

Whomever untagged this didn't quite untag everything or rename the files to make it clear which was the first track, second track and so on, so hopefully I listened to these in the intended order. I didn't recognize any of these songs, which was a pleasant surprise. While the majority of the music on this mix is not really my style, it's decent for what it is. Most of the music here is lyric and/or melody based. Over time, I've come to realize that I mostly enjoy music that focuses on the rhythm and/or the atmosphere or feeling of or behind the song.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #153
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

I guess I fucked up the untagging this time although I thought I just did it the same I did last time. That's ok, I wasn't really big on the playing order anyway. This is what it was supposed to be -

1. Elvis Perkins in Dearland - Shampoo
2. Akron/Family - The Alps & Their Orange Evergreen
3. Supergrass - Seen the Light
4. Ed Harcourt - Pristine Claw
5. City and Colour - Constant Knot
6. Eternal Summers - Fall Straight Back
7. Harlem Shakes - Sunlight
8. High Places - Banana Slugs/Cosmonaut
9. Here We Go Magic - Tunnelvision
10. Osbourne - 16th Stage
11. Casiotone for the Painfully - Alone
12. Horse Feathers - This Is What
13. Ryan Adams - Words
14. Benji Hughes - I Am You, You Are Me, We Are One
15. The Roadside Graves - If California Didn't End
16. Detektivbryan - Laka-koffa

I tried to look through your posts and to gleam some idea of your taste in music but you remained mostly an enigma. So for the most part I just tried to go relatively middle of the road in case you hated anything in particular because I really had no idea what to send you.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #154
ryan patrick
Apocalyptic Poster

i guess i missed the detail that you should untag the files does that mean i'm fired

Old 02-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #155
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan patrick View Post
i guess i missed the detail that you should untag the files does that mean i'm fired
lol

Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 AM   #156
commando
Apocalyptic Poster

mix is done... I hate the process of de-tagging them, as it involves burning it and then ripping it. So, it is forthcoming, fyi.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:09 AM   #157
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: thank you mario but our princess is in another castle

i'd rather remove all the tags individually than burn everything

i hope you made an image at least

Old 02-18-2009, 05:48 AM   #158
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

All you have to do is burn the playlist and reimport it back into iTunes. I ended up doing this, because the program I was using wasn't working properly, and I started getting really frustrated.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:36 AM   #159
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

i don't use itunes so i don't know exactly how it works, but if you burn a playlist in the form of an audio cd and then "reimport" it, that is, make mp3s out of that audio cd, then there will be a loss in quality!

otherwise if you burn the playlist in the form of an "mp3 cd", which is really just a normal data cd, then the tags shouldn't disappear.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #160
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

um...it's really easy to detag mp3s without ruining the sound quality without burning/ripping. just put the tracks in winamp. right click-> view file info. delete all the information. make the track titles numbers or whatever you want to do. it's easier to do this in itunes, but i always load the tracks into winamp to double check. sometimes the id3 tags stay even after doing everything in itunes. it boggles my mind that some people still have so much difficulty with this in this day and age and especially in a place like this.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #161
Mo
Immortal

Well Winamp doesn't run on Macs, does it?

But yeah, there are tons of MP3 tag programs for Mac OS as well...

Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #162
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

holy fuck my mix begins with for free by alastair galbraith

either this person knows my taste very well or just generally rules. is it by one of the kiwis?

either way im stoked

Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #163
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
um...it's really easy to detag mp3s without ruining the sound quality without burning/ripping. just put the tracks in winamp. right click-> view file info. delete all the information. make the track titles numbers or whatever you want to do. it's easier to do this in itunes, but i always load the tracks into winamp to double check. sometimes the id3 tags stay even after doing everything in itunes. it boggles my mind that some people still have so much difficulty with this in this day and age and especially in a place like this.
yeah, well when I asked for a recommendation for a good program to use, no one responded at all. googling and using versiontracker.com mostly brought up crap you have to pay for. the free one I found seemed okay, so I downloaded it. turned out it would only edit some of the songs and really didn't work very well, so burning and reimporting was my next best option for a timely finish. sure, it'll degrade the quality slightly, but we're exchanging mixes on a message board for fun so I don't see the big deal.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #164
Mo
Immortal

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by agenda suicide View Post
yeah, well when I asked for a recommendation for a good program to use, no one responded at all. googling and using versiontracker.com mostly brought up crap you have to pay for. the free one I found seemed okay, so I downloaded it. turned out it would only edit some of the songs and really didn't work very well, so burning and reimporting was my next best option for a timely finish. sure, it'll degrade the quality slightly, but we're exchanging mixes on a message board for fun so I don't see the big deal.
From now on just use ID3 Editor, Nat.
I'm using this as well, never let me down.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #165
agenda suicide
cunt cookies

Thanks mo, I'll use that for future reference.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #166
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I had been using the burn-and-reimport thing because I am lazy and not very tech smart but this time I ended up just copying the tracks on my iTunes playlist to a folder on my desk. From there, I put that folder into iTunes which gave me duplicates of those songs. Then I made another playlist of the duplicates, deleted the info, renamed them generically and then uploaded that.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #167
Irridescent Fairysex
glug glug glug

I just uploaded my mix and pm'ed pbe the wrong url, then I pm'ed her the correct link.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #168
Irridescent Fairysex
glug glug glug

Also, can we share our URLs to download other boarders mixes if we're interested?

Old 02-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #169
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irridescent Fairysex View Post
Also, can we share our URLs to download other boarders mixes if we're interested?
I think we should at the same time we post the tracklists, really, and preferably a tagged version. That's what I'll be doing, whether any of you like it or not.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #170
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

such intolerable acts are forbidden by pain of death

Old 02-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #171
Andy /

So there.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #172
shannon
Minion of Satan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irridescent Fairysex View Post
I'm not involved in this, but I'd really like it if you guys did this. Just sayin'...

Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #173
D.
Consume my pants.

i think pbe shares the links once the mixer's identity is revealed.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #174
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Generally I do not but a lot of people post a link to a tagged version at the same time they post the tracklist to their mix after it has been reviewed. Maybe this time I will make a huge post at the end with tracklists and URLs to those mixes. I don't know, by the end I am just happy it is over to be honest. I love doing this but it can get to be a huge pain in the ass.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #175
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

gave my mix two complete listens and now a third one for each track as i review.

1. 80's new wave/alt sound, the vocals remind me of bailterspace. the hi hat seemed too be mixed in the right channel exclusively which is slightly annoying when listening with head phones. other than that i would be interested in hearing more from this band.

2. a bit more of that early 90's late 80's sound. reminds me of a cure song for some reason. the vocals are very soft and not over powering which i like. it runs on the short side, which i also like.

3. the vocals are rather harsh. some parts in the vocal have a certain whine like bob dylan. guitar work is decent enough. curious to hear the rest of this album.

4. starts off very dreamy, lots of layers, guitars just soaring, sonic sex. the vocals are very complimentary to the music. reminds me of U2 a little, i can almost imagine "HELLO HELLO" at some parts. good track altogether though.

5. the guitar and bass reminds me of Young Marble Giants- a bit on the minimal side but with a few hooks here and there. vocals are a definite highlight. another excellent choice.

6. slightly different direction here. a little on the poppy side, reminiscent of a beatles song, nice harmonies, nicely mixed with tons of stuff in both channels. under two minutes; short and sweet. i likey.

7. vocals instantly remind me of thom yorke, not a bad thing. the song swells with vocal harmonies and guitars. the song feels hopeful with a hint of sadness. crunchy guitar solo, mmmm. the song has amazing flow, doesn't even feel like it is almost 6 minutes, nothing dragged. probably my fav thus far.

8. i smiled as soon as i heard the first few chords - built to spill rocks my world. doug martsch's vocals are. out. of. this. world. i like how the song hits you with a mini solo almost immediately. SOOO many hooks and layers, i love the wall of sound! carry the zero is an awesome song. great choice, makes me want to throw on one of their albums.

9. fast tempo, very catchy pop song. i believe this is the smiths, not too familiar with them, but i hear good things. the guys vocals are borderline warbling, but its not too awful. if it is indeed the smiths i will have to check out their catalog.

10. sounds and noises abound. i like the effect on the vocals. just when you think the sounds are getting out of hand it all straightens out and meshes. would like to hear more.

11. now we turn the mix up a notch. egad, fast fast fast. sounds like the arctic monkeys. the breakdown in the middle reminds me of 505 by the arctic monkeys. barely over 2 minutes, very tight and concise.

12. then we turn it down a notch. a slowed pace, guitars are very big and full. the vocals are matched nicely with the guitars. interested in more.

13. sounds like devo or talking heads. synths upon synths with a static drum beat. very playful and goofy song. not a technically impressive song, but i like it for the novelty.

14. trodding piano with some static and moaning. not my cup of tea. feels like it was a good idea that never was developed. good for background music, but i wouldn't listen to it intently.

15. ooo acoustic guitar. very pretty right at the beginning, but unfortunately it doesn't explore beyond that, instead it gets bombarded with harmonica and some loud noises. probably would have benefited if it were a little shorter. i did enjoy the vocals though.

16. curious vocals, reminds me of someone but i can't quite put my finger on it. i liked the story the lyrics were telling. "don't let it bring you down, it's only castles burning" i really like that line. would like to hear more of this. good track choice.

17. the atmosphere feels dark and cold, reminds me of an outtake from Tom Waits' album Alice. his vocals are rather reminiscent of tom as well, albeit the ones in this song are more pleasant to the ears. i love the violin, it sounds like it is crying. there is a guitar tuned rather slackly that i like, the kind of sloppy playing with a few slaps here and there. very pretty song.

18. more acoustic guitar harmonies, mmm. if i had to guess i would say this was simon and garfunkel. gorgeous vocals and soaring guitars. another short one. thank you for catering to my musical ADD.

19. has a muddy sound to it i like. the mumbling vocals remind me of someone. the song builds nicely with a very satisfying peak moment. nice track, would like more.

20. ah, tegan and sara, i am a fan. catchy pop songs about love with fabulous harmonies - right up my alley. something about them just makes me happy even though they may be singing about something sad. another good choice.

21. feels kind of flat compared to previous track. makes me think of rocky horror picture show. possibly david bowie? nice riff in the chorus. the vocals seem a bit lazy.

22. what a beast of a song. crazy sounds, noises, and prose. has a bit of identity crisis, it twists and turns into different musical directions, but that is deliberate so i can't necessarily blame the song for that. a little on the long side. would be curious to hear more, just to get a better feel for the artist.

overall, nicely put together and highly enjoyable. i could see myself listening to more of every song on here. B. thank you very much. i know i was a last minute change and i appreciate you making me a mix.

some final thoughts:
1. lol @ last.fm for scrobbling the songs. i now have 'netphoria mix exchange 3' in my recently played artists.
2. i am pretty sure who made the mix. its one of two people - the first few tracks made me think of one person, but when the tegan and sara popped up i thought of someone else. i won't say my guesses until my person reveals himself just in case i am totally off.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:40 AM   #176
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermcphilp View Post
16. curious vocals, reminds me of someone but i can't quite put my finger on it. i liked the story the lyrics were telling. "don't let it bring you down, it's only castles burning" i really like that line. would like to hear more of this. good track choice.
this is such a great song
i will post my review tomorrow probably

Old 02-19-2009, 02:49 AM   #177
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

Eh, these reviews make me feel as if I should have had more variety in mine. Usually great at making mixes for myself, but sorta threw this one together. But atleast I got it in on time, still waitin!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #178
publius clodius
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
it is

Old 02-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #179
shannon
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
indeed

Old 02-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #180
TheDeuce
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
1. 80's new wave/alt sound, the vocals remind me of bailterspace. the hi hat seemed too be mixed in the right channel exclusively which is slightly annoying when listening with head phones. other than that i would be interested in hearing more from this band.
The Chameleons – Don't Fall from Script Of The Bridge
first song from their first album. The Chameleons are a good 80's post punk/dream pop band.

Quote:
2. a bit more of that early 90's late 80's sound. reminds me of a cure song for some reason. the vocals are very soft and not over powering which i like. it runs on the short side, which i also like.
Earlimart - Song For from Hymn And Her
This one's from their latest album released last year. In all honestly, i used my last.fm library as a radio station to help pick some tracks, because i have a smaller harddrive and a lot of my music isn't on my computer. i couldn't remember ever listening to this song and i also don't remember who Earlimart was. but i liked the song so i included it. consider it a treat for both of us.

Quote:
3. the vocals are rather harsh. some parts in the vocal have a certain whine like bob dylan. guitar work is decent enough. curious to hear the rest of this album.
The Dilettantes – Subterranean Bazaar from 101 Tambourines
The Dilettantes is a band mostly fronted by Joel Gion, the tambourine player from The Brian Jonestown Massacre. I'm a big BJM fan and his album was surprisingly good.

Quote:
4. starts off very dreamy, lots of layers, guitars just soaring, sonic sex. the vocals are very complimentary to the music. reminds me of U2 a little, i can almost imagine "HELLO HELLO" at some parts. good track altogether though.
The Verve – Slide Away from A Storm In Heaven
if i'm listening to The Verve it's usually Urban Hymns and it's slew of b-sides, but i thought i'd ******* a song from their first album when they were a little more experimental.

Quote:
5. the guitar and bass reminds me of Young Marble Giants- a bit on the minimal side but with a few hooks here and there. vocals are a definite highlight. another excellent choice.
Harvey Danger – Why I'm Lonely from King James Version
these guys are usually known for their one hit Flagpole Sitta (Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's coming to get me), but the album that was on as well as the two after it are all masterpieces and more people need to check them out. i think i've included a track of theirs on all my mixes. the lead singer's vocals and lyrics are certainly the highlight of the albums though.

Quote:
6. slightly different direction here. a little on the poppy side, reminiscent of a beatles song, nice harmonies, nicely mixed with tons of stuff in both channels. under two minutes; short and sweet. i likey.
The Beach Boys - Wake The World from Friends
i'm a huge Beach Boys fan. especially their output from '67-'71, which i feel is the very overlooked part of their career.

Quote:
7. vocals instantly remind me of thom yorke, not a bad thing. the song swells with vocal harmonies and guitars. the song feels hopeful with a hint of sadness. crunchy guitar solo, mmmm. the song has amazing flow, doesn't even feel like it is almost 6 minutes, nothing dragged. probably my fav thus far.
Midlake – Head Home from The Trials Of Van Occupanther
a really cool band that a friend of mine turned me onto with another song from this album called Young Bride. i've always felt like they were kind of in the same class as Grandaddy. if you like this track, you'll love the album.

Quote:
8. i smiled as soon as i heard the first few chords - built to spill rocks my world. doug martsch's vocals are. out. of. this. world. i like how the song hits you with a mini solo almost immediately. SOOO many hooks and layers, i love the wall of sound! carry the zero is an awesome song. great choice, makes me want to throw on one of their albums.
Built To Spill – Carry The Zero from Keep It Like A Secret
shapan included Built To Spill on my mix from the first mix exchange. somehow i'd never heard them before. my bandmate and i have been listening to this album a lot so i thought i'd ******* a track from it, in case you didn't know them either.

Quote:
9. fast tempo, very catchy pop song. i believe this is the smiths, not too familiar with them, but i hear good things. the guys vocals are borderline warbling, but its not too awful. if it is indeed the smiths i will have to check out their catalog.
The Smiths – Cemetry Gates from The Queen Is Dead
not much to say here. The Smiths are one of my favorite bands.

Quote:
10. sounds and noises abound. i like the effect on the vocals. just when you think the sounds are getting out of hand it all straightens out and meshes. would like to hear more.
The Dandy Warhols – Heavenly from The Dandy Warthols Are Sound
...Are Sound is actually the unreleased original version of TDW's album Welcome To The Monkey House, which is my least favorite album of there's, but this IS a really cool track. I'd actually suggest their album Come Down as a good starting point.

Quote:
11. now we turn the mix up a notch. egad, fast fast fast. sounds like the arctic monkeys. the breakdown in the middle reminds me of 505 by the arctic monkeys. barely over 2 minutes, very tight and concise.
Tokyo Police Club – If It Works from A Lesson In Crime ep
another band that shapan turned me onto from the first mix exchange. i really dig the sound these guys have. if you like this one, you'd probably enjoy their whole catalog.

Quote:
12. then we turn it down a notch. a slowed pace, guitars are very big and full. the vocals are matched nicely with the guitars. interested in more.
Michael Penn – Cover Up from Resigned
this guy's Sean Penn's brother and he's one of my favorite singer/songwriters. great lyrics and melodies abound, especially on Resigned. highly recommended if you can find it.

Quote:
13. sounds like devo or talking heads. synths upon synths with a static drum beat. very playful and goofy song. not a technically impressive song, but i like it for the novelty.
Devo - Cold War from Freedom Of Choice
i almost didn't ******* this one, but decided to, as you said, for novelty. from the album that brought you Whip It.

Quote:
14. trodding piano with some static and moaning. not my cup of tea. feels like it was a good idea that never was developed. good for background music, but i wouldn't listen to it intently.
Nine Inch Nails – 13 Ghosts II from Ghosts I-IV
interesting that you described the song the way you did. that's kind of what the whole album's like. good sleeping and/or background music.

Quote:
15. ooo acoustic guitar. very pretty right at the beginning, but unfortunately it doesn't explore beyond that, instead it gets bombarded with harmonica and some loud noises. probably would have benefited if it were a little shorter. i did enjoy the vocals though.
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Waiting Here from We're All In Love single
a random BRMC b-side courtesy of last.fm. i really like these guys. i could've maybe chosen a better song.

Quote:
Neil Young - Don't Let It Bring You Down from After The Gold Rush
it is. you almost got the title track instead. you should check out the whole album, it's my favorite Neil Young record.

Quote:
17. the atmosphere feels dark and cold, reminds me of an outtake from Tom Waits' album Alice. his vocals are rather reminiscent of tom as well, albeit the ones in this song are more pleasant to the ears. i love the violin, it sounds like it is crying. there is a guitar tuned rather slackly that i like, the kind of sloppy playing with a few slaps here and there. very pretty song.
Leonard Cohen – The Gypsy's Wife from Recent Songs
a song of Leonard's from his last album before he started to suck (imo). if you dig this i'd highly suggest any of his first six albums except for Death Of A Ladies' Man. it's usually just that voice of his with an acoustic guitar. really good calming stuff with some fantastic guitar playing.

Quote:
18. more acoustic guitar harmonies, mmm. if i had to guess i would say this was simon and garfunkel. gorgeous vocals and soaring guitars. another short one. thank you for catering to my musical ADD.
Simon & Garfunkel – For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her from Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, And Thyme
god i love S&G.

Quote:
19. has a muddy sound to it i like. the mumbling vocals remind me of someone. the song builds nicely with a very satisfying peak moment. nice track, would like more.
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! – Gimmie Some Salt from Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!
almost didn't ******* this one because i feel like everyone usually already knows them. great awkward first album.

Quote:
20. ah, tegan and sara, i am a fan. catchy pop songs about love with fabulous harmonies - right up my alley. something about them just makes me happy even though they may be singing about something sad. another good choice.
Tegan And Sara – Fix You Up from So Jealous
i actually am not very familiar with T&S, but my late brother and sister were very big fans, so i'm trying to listen to them more. glad you dug it.

Quote:
21. feels kind of flat compared to previous track. makes me think of rocky horror picture show. possibly david bowie? nice riff in the chorus. the vocals seem a bit lazy.
David Bowie – The Supermen from Hunky Dory (Rykodisc Version)
this is actually a rerecording of a song from The Man Who Sold The Sold that wasn't included on a regular album. this is a last.fm pick that i let stay. i almost included the released version instead, which you may enjoy more.

Quote:
22. what a beast of a song. crazy sounds, noises, and prose. has a bit of identity crisis, it twists and turns into different musical directions, but that is deliberate so i can't necessarily blame the song for that. a little on the long side. would be curious to hear more, just to get a better feel for the artist.
Blur – Essex Dogs from Blur
from the album that gave us Song 2. i really enjoy Blur's last 3 albums and i thought including this weird closing track from the album with their biggest song might entice you into checking them out more if you didn't already know them. if you liked this track you should check out their album 13 where they continue getting more experimental.

Quote:
overall, nicely put together and highly enjoyable. i could see myself listening to more of every song on here. B. thank you very much. i know i was a last minute change and i appreciate you making me a mix.

some final thoughts:
1. lol @ last.fm for scrobbling the songs. i now have 'netphoria mix exchange 3' in my recently played artists.
2. i am pretty sure who made the mix. its one of two people - the first few tracks made me think of one person, but when the tegan and sara popped up i thought of someone else. i won't say my guesses until my person reveals himself just in case i am totally off.
last.fm did the same thing to me when we first started doing this. i always have to remember to turn it off now.

i'm glad you enjoyed the mix. i'm always a little nervous when we do these because i feel like i don't listen to very many things that people don't already know. i really didn't feel like i had a lot to go on with what you listened to so i lucked out that you have an eclectic taste. if there's anything at all you'd like uploaded, please just let me know.