Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you boycott the upcoming tour because of D'arcy?
Yes, I am staying home because of the D'arcy debacle/it's not a real reunion 29 27.10%
No, I still plan to attend the upcoming tour 53 49.53%
I was never planning on seeing the band on the upcoming tour 25 23.36%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2018, 11:30 PM   #151
T&T
Socialphobic

it's all the n00bs that are voting.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #152
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
he totally has gas lit fans who rooted for him

oceania was part of teargarden, an album within an album

i'd release all this material you'd love to hear but not enough of you would pay enough for it

he's just so alternative, always against the grain and has such a contrarian view that he supports alex jones b/c he's always been about not following the mainstream. what an intellect.

remember when he went on stern a couple times ago and said james was a dick bc he didn't ask billy to help out on his own solo record? like.... what?

he has integrity not sell out the bands legacy. well look what we have here.
The Howard Stern bit was legendary classic Billy. He was so sincere about it and so legitimately convinced he was being a good guy: "I would have done my Billy control freak thing all over James' solo record. I'm such a good friend!! Why wouldn't he just let me write all his songs....oh, and play all the instruments and hire a fancy producer and kick him out of the studio for 8 months?!!!"

Old 02-18-2018, 01:39 AM   #153
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Stern and Billy are a terrible match for interviews because they have the same issues.

Stern: "Everything you're saying makes complete sense to me"

Also, Oceania and Monuments were not part of Teargarden and never will be.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #154
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Billy's silence on the Mancunt/Strawberry photo thing is pissing me off more than the reunion non-invite debacle.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #155
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywontyoulistn View Post
Billy's silence on the Mancunt/Strawberry photo thing is pissing me off more than the reunion non-invite debacle.
what else would he do, draw attention to how disgusting he and his clan is?

yo we were thinking that serves that cunt right - you got a problem with it? here have a phone vid of my toddler singing.

I'm thankful in a way for how cruel and disgusting this ended. apparently it took this much for me to stop drawing a line between the music and the people. at this point I couldn't if I wanted to. time to move on, there are decades of music and hundreds of current musicians out there worth my listening time.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #156
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

ROFL: People here just bashing and hating billy so much. Must be a weird hooby flaming on the internet and hoping to feel better after annoying and offending people and the SP here.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #157
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Go back to sad machines if you want to blindly worship Billy and kiss his ass and make Xmas ornaments with Auggie Jup on them. He gets held accountable here for being the asshole that he is.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #158
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Plz add a poll option for "I'm probably going to go but seriously fuck Billy Corgan so so so so much for a whole bunch of reasons, of which this whole present D'arcy situation is probably about number 47 on the list"

Old 02-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #159
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

ROLF: weird hooby

Old 02-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #160
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Go back to sad machines if you want to blindly worship Billy and kiss his ass and make Xmas ornaments with Auggie Jup on them. He gets held accountable here for being the asshole that he is.
The kid's name always reminds me of the way Calvin screams.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #161
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
The kid's name always reminds me of the way Calvin screams.
whywontyoulistn

Old 02-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #162
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
what else would he do, draw attention to how disgusting he and his clan is?

yo we were thinking that serves that cunt right - you got a problem with it? here have a phone vid of my toddler singing.

I'm thankful in a way for how cruel and disgusting this ended. apparently it took this much for me to stop drawing a line between the music and the people. at this point I couldn't if I wanted to. time to move on, there are decades of music and hundreds of current musicians out there worth my listening time.
Following on from this, what disgusting people the modern day Billy Corgan fans are: every other post on the SP Facebook is someone calling D'arcy a "junkie" (whilst conveniently ignoring the other band members' drug problems), and parroting whatever Billy said about overdubbing her parts on "the records" as an excuse to call her a shitty musician who contributed nothing. Even if you ignore her studio presence, it's still 11 years of playing on stage, tv, radio, videos, interviews, plus all the other promo shit, and it apprently means absolutely nothing. Oh yes, and then they post the mug shots. The stupidest thing is half the idiots aren't even old enough to have known the original band. I think I'd rather go to a Trump rally than risk running into one of these assholes at Billy's shitshow.

p.s. I wonder how many gigs D'arcy actually played? Would be nice to have a figure to beat them around the head with.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #163
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
The stupidest thing is half the idiots aren't even old enough to have known the original band.
that's it, though - people who loved this band in the mid 90s have been gone for years for the most part. that is not the fan base he wanted to keep, and he succeeded with that.

But hey, please tell me more - as someone who realized a band called Smashing Pumpkins existed in 2012 - what the original band was or wasn't, since I am so fucking old really I hardly remember 1993... I cannot wait to hear more. I always wanted to rewrite history through the assessment of Oceania people.
Quote:
I think I'd rather go to a Trump rally than risk running into one of these assholes at Billy's shitshow.
you should do both, big crowd overlap, bigly even!

Quote:

p.s. I wonder how many gigs D'arcy actually played? Would be nice to have a figure to beat them around the head with.
Spfc has about 750, some of these were BC alone at some radio station, but they also don't have all played gigs from back then, no idea if that evens it out.

Last edited by pavementtune : 02-22-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #164
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Bashing booly is my weird hooby

Old 02-22-2018, 01:19 PM   #165
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

same tbh

Old 02-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #166
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

#sisters

Old 02-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #167
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
ROLF: weird hooby
Always peculiar that ROLF

Old 02-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #168
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

RFLO

Old 02-27-2018, 06:12 PM   #169
kremlin18
Oblivious Virgin

I'm somewhere in the middle. Really wanted D'arcy there but may cave if tickets get cheap enough closer to showtime in my area.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:34 PM   #170
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_interval View Post
Hey guys, I'm back! How have you all been??

I'll be going , Darcy sounds fucking mental and if you old folk took your heads out of your backsides you'd realise Billy was being quite sensible in asking her to join not knowing how fucked up she is.

Her phone interview proved she's completely off the rails, nobody at that age with any sense of decorum would talk like that. I'm not surprised James doesn't speak to her or return her calls anymore.

Thoughts?
Have you paid attention to Billy in the last half decade? D’Arcy wouldn’t be the craziest person in the band.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #171
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_interval View Post
Hey guys, I'm back! How have you all been??

I'll be going , Darcy sounds fucking mental and if you old folk took your heads out of your backsides you'd realise Billy was being quite sensible in asking her to join not knowing how fucked up she is.

Her phone interview proved she's completely off the rails, nobody at that age with any sense of decorum would talk like that. I'm not surprised James doesn't speak to her or return her calls anymore.

Thoughts?
Have you paid attention to Billy in the last half decade? D’Arcy wouldn’t be the craziest person in the band.

I also hate when people ignore the fact that a lot of her mental health problems were likely originally caused by being emotionally abused by Billy for over a decade.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:41 PM   #172
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Following on from this, what disgusting people the modern day Billy Corgan fans are: every other post on the SP Facebook is someone calling D'arcy a "junkie" (whilst conveniently ignoring the other band members' drug problems), and parroting whatever Billy said about overdubbing her parts on "the records" as an excuse to call her a shitty musician who contributed nothing. Even if you ignore her studio presence, it's still 11 years of playing on stage, tv, radio, videos, interviews, plus all the other promo shit, and it apprently means absolutely nothing. Oh yes, and then they post the mug shots. The stupidest thing is half the idiots aren't even old enough to have known the original band. I think I'd rather go to a Trump rally than risk running into one of these assholes at Billy's shitshow.

So much this. I’m a millennial but I am only a fan of the original incarnation of SP. I get really sick of seeing people parrot the bullshit Billy said about D’Arcy (and to a lesser extent James). I’ve watched enough live shows to know D’Arcy and Iha are good musicians.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #173
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

As for the topic,

Yes I am absolutely boycotting the tour unless D’Arcy is there. She is my favorite member of the group and I am not supporting Corgan if he cannot at least begin to atone for his treatment of her

Old 02-27-2018, 08:16 PM   #174
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
As for the topic,

Yes I am absolutely boycotting the tour unless D’Arcy is there. She is my favorite member of the group and I am not supporting Corgan if he cannot at least begin to atone for his treatment of her
You'll never see that. He has never apologized for anything publically. Probably not since his 20s personally. That's what a narcissist does.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #175
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Maybe he was the one ergo who asked Manpig to remove the picture from his Facebook

Old 03-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #176
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

the one ergo?

Old 03-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #177
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
Plz add a poll option for "I'm probably going to go but seriously fuck Billy Corgan so so so so much for a whole bunch of reasons, of which this whole present D'arcy situation is probably about number 47 on the list"
Pretty much this right here. BC's a lunatic, but I'm going for James and Jimmy. This is very probably the best it's ever going to get going forward, they're focusing on the years people give a shit about, and that's fine with me. The fact that I'm putting money in BC's pocket is unfortunate but tough shit.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #178
slunken
Virgo

lol, throwing your money away toward a dying brand

Old 03-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #179
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

the one ergo

weird hooby

rolling on the laughing floor

this thread has it all

Old 03-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #180
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

no dont care about darcy not being in it and never expected her to be a part of any reunion

im boycotting because everything else about the reunion is bullshit