Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
pale_princess

Angry olympic bitching topic #3: CRYING BECAUSE YOU GOT A SILVER MEDAL!!!

oh boo hoo. you're only second best IN THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD!!!1

oh, and a note on pairs skating, fuck that. russia deserved to win gold. because i almost fell asleep during canada's "flawlessly boring" performance and they looked so fucking smug whislt skating. and that stupid woman on the canada team was crying at the podium getting her silver.

i'll bump this thread again when canada wins silver in either mens' or women's hockey.

------------------
- shaunna.

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon8.gif don't call glenn a fa<g>g</g>got, not unless you are a friend!

Old 02-12-2002, 04:31 PM   #2
Eulogy

You wouldn't be upset if you got fucking second place?

I think that would suck.

What would really suck would be getting fourth place. ouch

Old 02-12-2002, 04:32 PM   #3
beever

Canada sucks, indeed http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

Old 02-12-2002, 04:32 PM   #4
pale_princess

Thumbs down

no i WOULDN'T be upset if i got second place. id' be like FUCK YES! SECOND BEST IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD! I AM QUEEN SHIT! it would rule.

plus silver's a hell of a lot prettier than gold.

------------------
- shaunna.

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon8.gif don't call glenn a f4ggot, not unless you are a friend!

Old 02-12-2002, 04:34 PM   #5
Eulogy

Quote:
Originally posted by pale_princess:
no i WOULDN'T be upset if i got second place. id' be like FUCK YES! SECOND BEST IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD! I AM QUEEN SHIT! it would rule.

Well, I'd be disappointed.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:35 PM   #6
pale_princess

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Eulogy:
Well, I'd be disappointed.

wow. you must be american.
MUST BE NUMBER ONE AT EVERYTHING!!!!!1

oh silver just sucks donkey's balls, indeed. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

------------------
- shaunna.

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon8.gif don't call glenn a f4ggot, not unless you are a friend!

Old 02-12-2002, 04:36 PM   #7
smiling politely

Thumbs down

Of course there's nothing wrong with a silver medal - except if you really do deserve better. I'm sorry, the Russians were clearly not as good. They were great, but not #1. Saying "stop complaining, second is pretty good" isn't fair. They totally deserved that gold medal. It's different in hockey where it isn't judged and you either win or you lose.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:38 PM   #8
Eulogy

Quote:

wow. you must be american.
MUST BE NUMBER ONE AT EVERYTHING!!!!!1

oh silver just sucks donkey's balls, indeed. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

um

k

I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with silver...I'd just be disappointed that I didn't get gold. I think most people would.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:38 PM   #9
pale_princess

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by smiling politely:
Of course there's nothing wrong with a silver medal - except if you really do deserve better. I'm sorry, the Russians were clearly not as good. They were great, but not #1. Saying "stop complaining, second is pretty good" isn't fair. They totally deserved that gold medal. It's different in hockey where it isn't judged and you either win or you lose.

DUDE.
the canadian's routine was B-O-R-I-N-G. i lost interest well into it and it just went on and on and on. they didn't impress me at all. russia all the way. that was an extreme performance. arguing this is as useless as arguing dubya vs. gore ca. a year ago. i won't bother.

but whining about a silver is fucking pathetic. be glad you're good enough to be in the olymjpics.

------------------
- shaunna.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:40 PM   #10
pale_princess

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Eulogy:
I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with silver...I'd just be disappointed that I didn't get gold. I think most people would.
well i'd see why americans would whine about not getting gold, for sure. but what the fuck? IT'S A PIECE OF FUCKING TIN THAT WILL BE MEANINGLESS BY THE NEXT OLYMPICS.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:42 PM   #11
smiling politely

Quote:

DUDE.
the canadian's routine was B-O-R-I-N-G. i lost interest well into it and it just went on and on and on. they didn't impress me at all. russia all the way. that was an extreme performance.
Oh well, I disagree. So does everyone who was in the audience. But, yeah -

Quote:
arguing this is as useless as arguing dubya vs. gore ca. a year ago. i won't bother.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:44 PM   #12
Eulogy

Quote:
IT'S A PIECE OF FUCKING TIN THAT WILL BE MEANINGLESS BY THE NEXT OLYMPICS.

Ok, now I see that there's absolutely no point in arguing with you.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:44 PM   #13
pale_princess

Thumbs down

whatever.
some people are just so desperate for canada to get gold that they'll whine about anything.

boring. BORING!

Old 02-12-2002, 04:44 PM   #14
Graveflower

Question

Quote:
well i'd see why americans would whine about not getting gold, for sure. but what the fuck? IT'S A PIECE OF FUCKING TIN THAT WILL BE MEANINGLESS BY THE NEXT OLYMPICS.

You're making a big deal out of said "piece of fucking tin" yourself, though, aren't you?

Old 02-12-2002, 04:45 PM   #15
Injektilo

Quote:

DUDE.
the canadian's routine was B-O-R-I-N-G. i lost interest well into it and it just went on and on and on. they didn't impress me at all. russia all the way. that was an extreme performance. arguing this is as useless as arguing dubya vs. gore ca. a year ago. i won't bother.

but whining about a silver is fucking pathetic. be glad you're good enough to be in the olymjpics.

seems the entire crowd disagreed with you. Everyone else seems to feel the candians should have one, but got screwed out of it because of block voting. Telling them to be happy with second is a bit of a kick in the balls when they everyone else feels they should have won.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:46 PM   #16
pale_princess

no. i'm just really fucking embarrassed that my whole fucking country is crying about this.

THE RUSSIANS WERE BETTAR!

Old 02-12-2002, 04:53 PM   #17
Injektilo

Quote:
no. i'm just really fucking embarrassed that my whole fucking country is crying about this.

THE RUSSIANS WERE BETTAR!

Well thats just the thing. EVERYONE BUT YOU THINKS DIFFERENT. and its not just canada, NBC and the BBC were also saying figure skating judging needs to be cleaned up.

besides, the canadians were flawless, while the russian guy landed a double axel on two feet. thats big, but the judges ignored it.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:54 PM   #18
Injektilo

e
Quote:
whatever.
some people are just so desperate for canada to get gold that they'll whine about anything.

boring. BORING!
if its so boring, why the fuck do you care so much?

Old 02-12-2002, 04:55 PM   #19
pale_princess

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Injektilo:
Well thats just the thing. EVERYONE BUT YOU THINKS DIFFERENT.
not the judges, and that actually counts!

------------------
- shaunna.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:55 PM   #20
Lie

I would only be upset because that would be something that would happen to me. Not in a serious way, just in a, "Yep, I would've come this close," kind of way. But I see your point.

And yes, silver's a hell of a lot prettier than gold.

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:57 PM   #21
pale_princess

Thumbs down

Quote:
if its so boring, why the fuck do you care so much?

because i'm sick of seeing everyone thinking the canadians should've got it.

it was about whiny babies who cry about silver medals in general. i used that as an example.
like i said, i'll be back on topic when canada wins silver in hockey in either sex.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:03 PM   #22
PhantomFM

Quote:
haha- I'd be overjoyed for a bronze. Either way you get one medal, you get in history books, you get recognized by your country and remembered. It's not like other sports where second and third place get forgotten. hell I have a better chance of remembering a 4th-20th place American than a gold medal winning german

------------------
PhantomFM

Old 02-12-2002, 05:04 PM   #23
pale_princess

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by PhantomFM:
haha- I'd be overjoyed for a bronze.
bronze also fucking rules!
you should feel honoured that you've even fucking qualified.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:07 PM   #24
Crippler

Exclamation

Half the fun of sports is the competitiveness...Unfortunately, some times it goes overboard, and situations like this happen.

That said, I agree with Shaunna.

It's true, it's true.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:09 PM   #25
Injektilo

Quote:
not the judges, and that actually counts!

well of cource thats what counts. The point is, the canadians have a valid complaint. They didn't mess anything up, the russians did. the problem is that figure skating has been plauged by biased judging for years, and no one likes to lose because of biased judging.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:13 PM   #26
pale_princess

Quote:
well of cource thats what counts. The point is, the canadians have a valid complaint. They didn't mess anything up, the russians did. the problem is that figure skating has been plauged by biased judging for years, and no one likes to lose because of biased judging.

perfection isn't always a good thing, dear.
that's why they won a wickedass silver.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:15 PM   #27
Injektilo

see, when you're consistantly the best in the world at something, and then you get screwed by biased judging, its hard to console yourself by saying "at least we made it to the olympics". They are competitive people, and they have every right to be disapointed with their results. Whats wrong with wanting to be best in the world at something?

Old 02-12-2002, 05:17 PM   #28
Injektilo

Quote:
perfection isn't always a good thing, dear.
that's why they won a wickedass silver.

what the fuck? in a competition like this, perfection isn't the most important thing, its the only thing. They were technicaly better, and emotionaly better. again, what the fuck are you talking about?

Old 02-12-2002, 05:17 PM   #29
smiling politely

Quote:
you should feel honoured that you've even fucking qualified.

Yes, but you're also entitled to expect that you'll be recognized and rewarded appropriately for your performance.

Old 02-12-2002, 05:26 PM   #30
Nate the Grate

Quote:
Originally posted by Crippler:
Half the fun of sports is the competitiveness...Unfortunately, some times it goes overboard, and situations like this happen.

dude, don't you like wrestling?