Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2002, 02:50 PM   #61
bonsor

Quote:
Originally posted by meow:
you just dont like it because its the most LOGICAL solution.
I don't like it because it's YOUR solution

Old 02-10-2002, 02:52 PM   #62
raindrops + sunshowers

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by bittertrance:
i don't understand why you would ask a bunch of SP fans for relationship advice
BURNED

OH WAIT

NOT BURNED

Old 02-10-2002, 02:53 PM   #63
meow

Quote:
Originally posted by ******:
Quote:
you just dont like it because its the most LOGICAL solution.

Well the only reason that I dont want you to get hurt is because if you do, all of netphoria will have to put up with it.

Old 02-10-2002, 02:54 PM   #64
bonsor

Quote:
By the way, never ever reply to my threads.

Old 02-10-2002, 02:57 PM   #65
bonsor

Quote:
Well the only reason that I dont want you to get hurt is because if you do, all of netphoria will have to put up with it.
I fail to see how localizing my rants within one thread affects 'all of netphoria'. You clicked on the thread, bitch.

Old 02-10-2002, 03:01 PM   #66
bonsor

Quote:
Originally posted by raindrops + sunshowers:
BURNED

OH WAIT

NOT BURNED

Word.

Listen, I'm going to end up doing it. I've weighed the consequences and realize that I only have myself to blame if I fuck it up. I'll use it as experience.

I'll use a variation of a famous Shakespeare quote. It's better to have made out and fucked up someone else's relationship than to have never made out at all.

I'll learn from it. Believe me.

Old 02-10-2002, 03:59 PM   #67
NegaBenji

Arrow

Quote:
I <3 JARED
TAKE IT OUT BACK

Old 02-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #68
THRILLHO

Quote:
I'll use a variation of a famous Shakespeare quote. It's better to have made out and fucked up someone else's relationship than to have never made out at all.
that's what i was going to say. i bet you're thinking "finally, after years of having no sex/love/dating life, *something* is happening. as in, not nothing. which means it's an opportunity. if i just decline, i'll regret it horribly." so go for it.

i know it's not the most moral and failsafe approach to the situation, but it's one that hasn't been acknowledged yet.

but to be honest, meow's decision is the most logical. there's nothing wrong with just waiting for her to end it off first. this guy seems posessive, and you are going to be his enemy. what if he's fucked up? either wait a while until he's out or watch your back. actually, watch your back anyways.

btw, i love the term "experience points." i'm going to start using it.

Old 02-10-2002, 04:35 PM   #69
goatse

Quote:
Originally posted by FearFactory:
Goth bunny ears? Okay... first off, they're kitty ears that she got a couple of halloweens ago. Secondly, GOTH? What in the fuck are you talking about?

I'm not sure where she got the collar from, but I can assure you that she's not gothic - though I doubt that will change your mind.

and another picture for you to jack off to:

http://raversaregay.homestead.com/files/dbm.jpg

..i think she is hot.

Old 02-11-2002, 04:38 AM   #70
Never_Nohen

Quote:
It's like buying yourself a prepackaged tragedy.
John, I love you. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Anyway, yeah. Cheating is bad stuff. Not only is it just generally ethically uncool and a bad precedent for any future relationship, but it's bound to get everyone involved burned, especially if you harbor hope of this becoming anything more than a one-time fling. If she's planning to break it off with him soon anyway, why not just hold off a little while, and save yourself the unnecessary drama? You've waited this long, I'm sure you can wait a little longer, for the sake of your first experience being just between you and her, right? Because as long as she's still with this guy and hooking up with you non-consentually (from the standpoint of their relationship), then he's going to be an intrinsic part of your relationship with her...which seems just unnecessarily messy and unfun.

But it is your life, and it looks like you've made up your mind, so...at least let us all know how it goes. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Old 02-11-2002, 04:44 AM   #71
nevermind

Quote:
Originally posted by Never_Nohen:
John, I love you. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Anyway, yeah. Cheating is bad stuff. Not only is it just generally ethically uncool and a bad precedent for any future relationship, but it's bound to get everyone involved burned, especially if you harbor hope of this becoming anything more than a one-time fling. If she's planning to break it off with him soon anyway, why not just hold off a little while, and save yourself the unnecessary drama? You've waited this long, I'm sure you can wait a little longer, for the sake of your first experience being just between you and her, right? Because as long as she's still with this guy and hooking up with you non-consentually (from the standpoint of their relationship), then he's going to be an intrinsic part of your relationship with her...which seems just unnecessarily messy and unfun.

But it is your life, and it looks like you've made up your mind, so...at least let us all know how it goes. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

blah blah. ya dyke-ish whore.
like you've never cheated http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

what a sad sorry bitch you are. heh.

Old 02-11-2002, 04:53 AM   #72
Lie

Well, I've avoided this topic long enough. Time to throw in my two cents.

What I don't understand is what's so damn hard about her breaking up with this guy before she gets together with you (whether it's just sex or an actual relationship) or about you waiting until she breaks up with him. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the two of you may both be getting off a little on the whole cheating thing.

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

Old 02-11-2002, 04:56 AM   #73
NinjaTurtle

hey hey ****** guess what?
if shes willing to leave this other guy thats shes been with for who knows how long then what will she do to you? similar situation happened to me for a while, shit it still is. but im the guy on the other end, she left me. but now shes floating between me and this other dude.
all im saying is girls arent as smart or sensible or logical as they think they are.
and shes young, and possibly scared by the choice she might make, and maybe she likes the change it could bring. but if oyu want her take her, know that the other guy isnt gonna just walk away so prepare for a whole lot of shit man... then again... fuck what we all think, do what you want...

------------------
the kids ass is a duck

Old 02-11-2002, 09:30 AM   #74
NegaBenji

I think what he means is he's not in it for the long haul, this is just a little thing between the two of them. I'm not really inclined to believe it will be any more than that, it sounds like she's looking for an escape from her current relationship. John, just be aware of 1 thing - if you do this before she breaks it off with him, you'll be the 'other guy', the one who cheated with his fiancee. If he's that committed to her he's likely to be pretty hurt, and pretty pissed - and seeing as he won't want to take it out on her, expect some bad vibes coming your way.

Old 02-11-2002, 09:36 AM   #75
wangcomputers

shoryuken

Old 02-11-2002, 10:43 AM   #76
melancholia

Quote:
Originally posted by FearFactory:
If she's already in a relationship, don't mess with her. That's just asking for trouble. You have to think about it and say to yourself "now, would I want my girl to do this to me?"

If you just want sex... that's up to you. But remember, guys can be sluts too.

If you want a relationship with this girl, keep in mind that she's going to probably cheat on you too. and unless you're a fool, you don't want that.

i agree... if she really wanted you, she would have broken up with her boyfriend before your date with her.

this girl, as wonderful as she may be to you, has a decision to make, and you (boy) should not be moving in on her right now. the ball is in her court.

don't fuck with other peoples relationships, until they are 100% over.

Old 02-11-2002, 10:49 AM   #77
melancholia

Quote:
I'll elaborate on the situation.'

He is 19. She is 16. They are eachother's first big relationship. He moved to her side of town to be with her more. He speaks of marriage and having kids. He's practically waiting for her to graduate so they can move in together. In my opinion, that's fucking sick, but whatever.

He's had infidelity problems of his own, which doesn't make it any more right, I know, but it's more reason to break up with him.

She strongly indicated to me on the phone last night during our 5 hour conversation that she's going to break it off very soon. She said "I'm only 16. I'm too young and too inexperienced to be this serious with someone. I just need to go out with other people and live for the moment". I interpret that as she just wants experience points, as do I. A fling is inevitable. A relationship is possible. I honestly don't have a problem with that.
If he's talking about living together, having kids, getting married... and she is sneaking around on dates behind his back...there is something very wrong going on.

and again, this is where SHE has to make a decision about her relationship status... I mean, right now, it sounds like this girl is loving the attentions she's getting from two guys, and is making no effort to pick one...

which in the long run, is going to hurt you, him, or both.

i'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around"...so, if you think it's right to screw around with a girl who has a boyfriend...go ahead...but don't be shocked when she turns around and does it to you in a year when you fall hard for her...

Old 02-11-2002, 10:50 AM   #78
melancholia

Quote:
then you say "if you want to be with me that bad, you will break it off with him first, and THEN something will happen between us. until then, us=just friends.

right...i like you meow.

Old 02-11-2002, 01:11 PM   #79
Best Looking Boy

Stop talking about the actual subject. You're giving it merit by discussing it. Talk about how big metalhead's girlfriend is.

Old 02-11-2002, 03:47 PM   #80
Ammy

"metalhead's girlfiend" is one of the prettiest, sweetest girls I have ever met.

with that said... It's useless to give you advice, you're going to to what you're going to do... but honestly.. the best things are worth waiting for... have a little patience. ask her straight out if she means to break up with him. wait till it happens or the confusion and mess will just get worse. patience damnit! if you're gunna get some, you're gunna get some, you've waited this long, wait a little longer, and maybe you'll get more than just the physical crap.

Old 02-11-2002, 06:24 PM   #81
neopryn

Talking

Nobody has asked the most important question yet:

Is she hot??

Old 02-11-2002, 07:25 PM   #82
Best Looking Boy

It doesn't look like that's a big issue in his mind.

Old 02-11-2002, 08:42 PM   #83
The exploding boy

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by wangcomputers:
shoryuken
Hadoken is much more appropriate for the situation. Ratatasprounkief even maybe.

Old 02-11-2002, 08:59 PM   #84
PhantomFM

FearFactory: you should be proud

meow etc: i applaud your high moral standards, but they don't really work in a real situation like this

******: She's the one with the boyfriend and she knows you're interested... unless it's a moral issue for you to hook up with a girl who has a boyfriend, which to me has a very weak moral connection. if it was whether or not to go after a girl who's happy with a boyfriend, then morals would come into play, especially what your motives are in pursuing the girl (hookup or relationship).

If she wants to its not your problem.
Providing that you're not a player and this doesn't happen all the time, you'll regret not doing it more.

------------------
PhantomFM