Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2002, 10:06 AM   #91
melancholia

Quote:
Originally posted by Comedy Doesn't Pay:
If people would just wait until they are married to have sex, then this wouldn't even be an issue.
fuck off...

Old 01-14-2002, 10:10 AM   #92
melancholia

Quote:
Originally posted by Flebath:
they shouldn't have sex if they know they don't want to raise a child. abortion is an easy option for them to murder their own mistakes. its not the baby's fault it was brought into the world by an irresponsible parent. if they do make the mistake and ending up getting pregnant than they should give the baby up for adoption like I said in my other post. they have no right to murder

1. It's a FETUS, not a baby

2. Abortion is dealing with a unwanted pregnancy

3. Abortion is a responsible choice for someone who isn't capable of raising a child, or continuing a pregnancy.

4. Sex, is about a hell of a lot more than pro-creation

5. the word MURDER, means "to slaughter with malitious intent" No women walks into a clinic and says, "i fucking hate this thing, kill it."

6. Again, who are you to decide for the rest of society?

Old 01-14-2002, 10:16 AM   #93
melancholia

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy'sFetus:
Ah yes, the slaughter of the innocent. It is a terrible crime. Yet, what what pleases me the most is, the women that have abortions never go unpunished. Guilt and depression devours most of them and they have nothing to look foward to except burning in Hell. For the ones that are completely heartless, they will get what's coming to them in one way or another.

1. I had an abortion, and I have never felt guilt or depression.

2. Hell can not be an arguement in this, because that's religious... there is a difference between church and state... sorry, deal with it.

3. I have no reason to be punnished, I did the right thing... FOR ME.

4. I would hardly call it slaughter...especially in the first trimester.

5. Bacteria is a life, a primitive life... lysol isn't banned... why should ru-486 be?

6. Yet again, who the fuck are you to decide for me.

Go fuck yourself... no, better yet, go fuck your youth minister.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:17 AM   #94
melancholia

Quote:
Originally posted by ******:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lie:
What's all this talk about life? Fucking bacteria is life. Boy, am I gonna catch it for this one.

If I was feeling more energetic right now, I could go for hours, but I'm not, so, bye.
This was one of the questions I asked as a little kid, then I realized how futile it was to tell my peers not to step on ants. I gave in and adopted the thought that human life was of more value than all other kinds. I'm weak.

I still think that abortions can be performed until a certain point where the baby can survive outside the mother's womb. Up until then, it is a parasite.
*claps* exactly babe!

Old 01-14-2002, 03:38 PM   #95
Mayfuck

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Cactuar:
*yawn*

Old 01-14-2002, 04:01 PM   #96
trine

Wink

You can debate and toss around opinions for one hundred fucking years if you want to. We all have them. (opinions)

Thankfully, the bottom line is that IT ISNT UP TO YOU. ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what a woman decides to do with her reproductive life. You decide for YOURSELF. Allow others to decide for themselves. Duh. Its a decision to be made by a woman with her doctor. Period.

And while your at it, stick that "God" stuff up your ass.

Any idiot can figure out that you cannot force a woman to carry a fetus to term if she doesnt want to. What would you have us do, tie her up til delivery time? What is she, a fucking head of cattle?

Dopes.

------------------
build a man a fire and he is warm for a day... set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life...

Old 01-14-2002, 04:06 PM   #97
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by trine:
You can debate and toss around opinions for one hundred fucking years if you want to. We all have them. (opinions)

Thankfully, the bottom line is that IT ISNT UP TO YOU. ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what a woman decides to do with her reproductive life. You decide for YOURSELF. Allow others to decide for themselves. Duh. Its a decision to be made by a woman with her doctor. Period.

And while your at it, stick that "God" stuff up your ass.

Any idiot can figure out that you cannot force a woman to carry a fetus to term if she doesnt want to. What would you have us do, tie her up til delivery time? What is she, a fucking head of cattle?

Dopes.

Shut up.

Old 01-14-2002, 04:28 PM   #98
Crippler

Exclamation

Fine, I'll post my stance on abortion. If you don't like it, go kill some fetuses.

I'm split on the issue. The only type of abortion that I am fiercely opposed to is causal abortion. That to me is a failure on the mother's part to own up to her actions through having sex. Contrary to what people may want to believe, there is no such thing as safe sex. You wanna use the pill? Go right ahead. You wanna use condoms? I don't give a damn. But if you get pregnant, be accountable for your actions. You did all you could to prevent getting pregnant, and it stil didn't work, and now you have a life growing inside of you. Yes, your life may be harder due to the fact you're about to become a mother, but that's your damned fault for having sex. We've turned sex, in a way, into playing Russian Roullette, and when the barrel rolls to a bullet, we want to yank the gun away. It doesn't work like that. It's your fault you played.

Other than casual abortions, I'm very much pro-choice, in any and all other circumstances.

It's true, it's true.

Old 01-14-2002, 04:34 PM   #99
melancholia

but if a woman has sex, is on birthcontrol and uses condoms, and gets pregnant... and she decides to have an abortion, that is not always casual...

it's a hard decision to make.

Old 01-14-2002, 04:38 PM   #100
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by melancholia:
but if a woman has sex, is on birthcontrol and uses condoms, and gets pregnant... and she decides to have an abortion, that is not always casual...

it's a hard decision to make.
You missed my point. Reread my post, and you'll see why I think if a woman does all that and get pregant, then getting an abortion is wrong.

[This message has been edited by Crippler (edited 01-14-2002).]

Old 01-14-2002, 04:41 PM   #101
cozmic

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Cactuar:
*yawn*
Quote:
Originally posted by Mayfuck:
*yawn*
There you have it. Let's all agree to disagree.
Now everyone can shut up and go back to sleep.

Old 01-14-2002, 04:41 PM   #102
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by cozmic:
There you have it. Let's all agree to disagree.
Now everyone can shut up and go back to sleep.

I <3 Jen.

Old 01-14-2002, 04:45 PM   #103
trine

Quote:
Originally posted by Crippler:
Fine, I'll post my stance on abortion. If you don't like it, go kill some fetuses.

I'm split on the issue. The only type of abortion that I am fiercely opposed to is causal abortion. That to me is a failure on the mother's part to own up to her actions through having sex. Contrary to what people may want to believe, there is no such thing as safe sex. You wanna use the pill? Go right ahead. You wanna use condoms? I don't give a damn. But if you get pregnant, be accountable for your actions. You did all you could to prevent getting pregnant, and it stil didn't work, and now you have a life growing inside of you. Yes, your life may be harder due to the fact you're about to become a mother, but that's your damned fault for having sex. We've turned sex, in a way, into playing Russian Roullette, and when the barrel rolls to a bullet, we want to yank the gun away. It doesn't work like that. It's your fault you played.

Other than casual abortions, I'm very much pro-choice, in any and all other circumstances.

It's true, it's true.
I like that opinion just fine. For you...
I'm only saying that you can't force that conviction on me or anyone else.
Its not up to you. Deal.

------------------
build a man a fire and he is warm for a day... set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life...

Old 01-14-2002, 04:46 PM   #104
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
I like that opinion just fine. For you...
I'm only saying that you can't force that conviction on me or anyone else.
Its not up to you. Deal.
It shouldn't just be opinion, friend.

Oh, and by "causal", I mean getting an abortion for the sake of getting an abortion.

Old 01-14-2002, 04:54 PM   #105
trine

Quote:
It shouldn't just be opinion, friend.

Ok then, if I'm unfortunate enough to have an unnexpected pregnancy, I'll be sure to consult you before deciding what course of action to take or not to take. Never mind my personal circumstances, financial situation, my soundness of mind, stability, spiritual beliefs or doctors opinion. Its what you - who doesnt know the first thing about me thinks. Let me write that down for future reference.....ok, got it. Thank you.

------------------

[This message has been edited by trine (edited 01-14-2002).]

Old 01-14-2002, 05:03 PM   #106
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
Ok then, if I'm unfortunate enough to have an unnexpected pregnancy, I'll be sure to consult you before deciding what course of action to take or not to take. Never mind my personal circumstances, financial situation, my soundness of mind, stability, spiritual beliefs or doctors opinion. Its what you - who doesnt know the first thing about me thinks. Let me write that down for future reference.....ok, got it. Thank you.
Let me put it to you this way: Don't have sex without willing to accpet the consequences. If you're not ready emotionally or financially to have a kid, then why the hell are you taking this needless risk? If you're too immature or aren't ready to have a kid, then logically, you're too immature or are not ready to be having sex, whether you're willing to admit it or not.

As for doctor's opinion, as I've said, I'm very much pro-choice in any other case, including potential health-related issues.

Oh, and one other thing...All laws start off as opinions.

It's true, it's true.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:03 PM   #107
melancholia

who the fuck gets an abortion for the sake of having an abortion? wow... i guess someone forgot to mention to you that having an abortion hurts like a bitch...

no fucking masochist would wish that on herself.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:06 PM   #108
melancholia

so... you believe that a fetus concieved in a rape is different that a fetus concieved on prom night?

anyone can cry "rape"... by your logic, one would need a readon valid enough for you in order to make a decision about THEIR life... but no one, not medical, not governmental, not religious can understand another persons problems...

which is why abortion is and should be, always a PERSONAL decision.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:10 PM   #109
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
who the fuck gets an abortion for the sake of having an abortion? wow... i guess someone forgot to mention to you that having an abortion hurts like a bitch...

no fucking masochist would wish that on herself.
Then why the fuck do people have them?

Quote:
Let me put it to you this way: Don't have sex without willing to accpet the consequences. If you're not ready emotionally or financially to have a kid, then why the hell are you taking this needless risk? If you're too immature or aren't ready to have a kid, then logically, you're too immature or are not ready to be having sex, whether you're willing to admit it or not.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:12 PM   #110
melancholia

people have them because it is the only option they are comfortable with.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:13 PM   #111
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
so... you believe that a fetus concieved in a rape is different that a fetus concieved on prom night?

anyone can cry "rape"... by your logic, one would need a readon valid enough for you in order to make a decision about THEIR life... but no one, not medical, not governmental, not religious can understand another persons problems...

which is why abortion is and should be, always a PERSONAL decision.
Has anyone even read what I've posted?! I think abortion on the grounds that a woman was raped is perfectly fine! The woman was forcibly indulged upon by some creep, and therefore, the prgnancy is not her fault. Casual sex is a conscious choice, and with it comes a risk of getting pregnant. Being raped is not a choice. Therefore, having the choice of an abortion is clearly permissible, because the situation was out of the poor woman's hands.

It's true, it's true.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:15 PM   #112
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
people have them because it is the only option they are comfortable with.
People have them because they don't want to own up for their actions. They want to play Russian Roullette and yank the gun away when the chamber has a bullet.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:15 PM   #113
melancholia

what i'm saying is... a fetus concieved in a rape, is the same as a fetus concieved any other time...

if "rape only" was the law, women would be walking into clinics saying "i was raped" and getting their abortions anyway. then, they would be persuaded to go into rape therapy, therefore using up the resources for those who really need the therapy.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:19 PM   #114
melancholia

protected sex is not playing "russian roulette". it's not taking a gamble... you're making a decision to share your body with someone else in a safe way... if your protection fails, why play russian roulette with the life of a child?

what would you prefer? an aborted fetus, or a dead baby? it's more common than you think. Even if roe vs. wade was overturned, women would still get abortions, whether in a back alley with a coathanger, or in another country...the difference is that now, it's relativly save to abort... the other way, not only a fetus would die, but so could a woman...

now, thinking that's OK isn't very pro-life, is it?

Old 01-14-2002, 05:29 PM   #115
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
what i'm saying is... a fetus concieved in a rape, is the same as a fetus concieved any other time...
In a way, this is true, and I will mourn the fetuses that get aborted because of this, but it's simply the right thing to do.

Quote:
if "rape only" was the law, women would be walking into clinics saying "i was raped" and getting their abortions anyway. then, they would be persuaded to go into rape therapy, therefore using up the resources for those who really need the therapy.
Quote:
protected sex is not playing "russian roulette". it's not taking a gamble... you're making a decision to share your body with someone else in a safe way... if your protection fails, why play russian roulette with the life of a child?
what would you prefer? an aborted fetus, or a dead baby? it's more common than you think. Even if roe vs. wade was overturned, women would still get abortions, whether in a back alley with a coathanger, or in another country...the difference is that now, it's relativly save to abort... the other way, not only a fetus would die, but so could a woman...

now, thinking that's OK isn't very pro-life, is it?
I'm sick of people making up excuses for the bad things people do. Scenario: Row v Wade is overturned: If a woman wants to abort a baby herself, she's not a victim of a bad law, but a victim of her own stupdity and foolishness. It's not the law's fault she made that decision. It's her fault for getting pregnant and stupidly trying to abort it herself. You may think that we're protecting others by keeping abortions legal. To me, this just shows how thoughtless people are. And there are other ways to help these people.

Yes, sex is a gamble, because there is a clear risk involved. Pretending that it isn't is just a means of easing one's conscience on the matter. And if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:34 PM   #116
trine

Quote:

As for doctor's opinion, as I've said, I'm very much pro-choice in any other case, including potential health-related issues.

Oh, and one other thing...All laws start off as opinions.

It's true, it's true.
In the world that you live in, maybe life is always so neat, tidy and rational. But its not for many women, who live in so many different societies, cultures, that to lay out a belief system so rigid that it couldn't possibly apply to millions of women on whom you feel the right to pass judgement on. Life is not always so clean and predictable. There are as many situations as there are people.
To suggest to ALL to always have thier shit together is totally unrealistic, not to mention ridiculous.

Again, bottom line, its not up to you.

You saying that your pro-choice is laughable. Your for choice if it applies to your narrow view of criteria of acceptability.

Grow up, and stop contradicting yourself.

------------------

Old 01-14-2002, 05:37 PM   #117
Crippler

Exclamation

To conclude, there is no way in hell anyone will convince me that abortion, with the exception of health of the mother, rape and incest, is right.

I'm off to work. It's been fun arguing with y'all.

And that, my friends, is true.

Old 01-14-2002, 05:39 PM   #118
melancholia

i fucking can not STAND pro lifers... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Old 01-14-2002, 05:40 PM   #119
melancholia

I VOTED FOR GORE!

Old 01-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #120
Crippler

Exclamation

Quote:
In the world that you live in, maybe life is always so neat, tidy and rational. But its not for many women, who live in so many different societies, cultures, that to lay out a belief system so rigid that it couldn't possibly apply to millions of women on whom you feel the right to pass judgement on. Life is not always so clean and predictable. There are as many situations as there are people.
To suggest to ALL to always have thier shit together is totally unrealistic, not to mention ridiculous.

Again, bottom line, its not up to you.

You saying that your pro-choice is laughable. Your for choice if it applies to your narrow view of criteria of acceptability.

Grow up, and stop contradicting yourself.

Funny how you failed to acknowledge my argument entirely.

Thank you for proving to me that this society is more concerned about making people feel better about themselves for whatever lousy reasons exist than trying to reason with people and make them understand that some things are wrong, and that we as humans should just give up on teaching people that jamming coat hangers into themselves is wrong. Thank you for proving that accountability has no place in this world, and morality is relative.

If you can't win, don't bother playing, eh?