Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #31
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
"I’m Spiritual Dammit | Billy Corgan on Spirituality, Solo Album & Smashing Pumpkins Reunion"

A new interview of BILLY CORGAN with JENNIFER WEIGEL from WGN-Radio (2017-09-25).
The same radio station where JIMMY CHAMBERLIN had an interview a few months ago with JUSTIN KAUFMANN...

http://wgnradio.com/2017/09/25/im-sp...pkins-reunion/

https://tribwgnam.files.wordpress.co...zerender44.jpg

Billy:

"I remain hopeful but...you know...as a unit, if you inclu*de D'Arcy in it, as a unit we have not played together for 18 years. So...putting humpty dumpty back together again is a little bit more complicated than 'hey, let's meet at the rehearsal space and crank up'...it's a little bit more complicated and that's not 'cause it's negative. You just don't have the infrastructure and the emotional infrastructure to re-engage. I remain hopeful and I would love to do it and I certainly would love to do it with them."

Old 09-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #32
panda show
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Reconnect, start playing, get rid of all that shit Billy has on stage and get back to the Gish aesthetic.
billy better grow out his skullet hair

Old 09-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #33
T&T
Socialphobic

Day 1
billy "hey guys, really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. we can use my studio as a rehearsal space"

Day 2, james and d'arcy show up, each bring their own instrument but no amps..

billy "Where's your amp? what are you going to plug into?"
james and d'arcy: "we figured you've got 50 amps here we could just plug into one of yours"
billy "that's not how it works, check the contract, i'm charging you for the day"

I'm full of hope, it's gonna go great guys!

Old 09-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #34
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
Day 1
billy "hey guys, really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. we can use my studio as a rehearsal space"

Day 2, james and d'arcy show up, each bring their own instrument but no amps..

billy "Where's your amp? what are you going to plug into?"
james and d'arcy: "we figured you've got 50 amps here we could just plug into one of yours"
billy "that's not how it works, check the contract, i'm charging you for the day"

I'm full of hope, it's gonna go great guys!

Didn't BILLY even own some of the few basses D'ARCY has used? Not only the early YAMAHA, one of her FENDERs...

And hadn't he sold one on eBay she had used while recording MELLON COLLIE...?

Old 09-25-2017, 08:10 PM   #35
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

He says he's turned all his social media over to his management.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #36
Ram27
dumb

so what's their plan with this bootleg thing

Old 09-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #37
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Bet you montes got a raging hardon. A swollen member, if you will.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #38
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight_Scoop View Post
I was thinking the same thing. It seemed like he wanted the original band to reconvene in 2005 and was really mad when they didn't want to. Then for like the next 7 or 8 years he was insistent that they didn't matter. Seemed like after Oceania he gradually chilled out about fighting that battle. There was in interview in iike 2013 where he it seemed like he was beginning to acknowledge the importance of the original band's mojo. I hope they tour.
Whow, careful now. Let's not re-write history. Iha and D'arcy were never invited to re-join the Pumpkins when Billy announced his intentions to reunite the group in 2005.

Billy knew exactly what he was doing: Him and Jimmy using the Pumpkin name.

That's exactly what Billy wanted to do but when Jimmy left he tried to define himself as the Pumpkins. When that didn't go over well both commercially and critically that's when talk of a true reunion started.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:09 AM   #39
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Blossom View Post
Whow, careful now. Let's not re-write history. Iha and D'arcy were never invited to re-join the Pumpkins when Billy announced his intentions to reunite the group in 2005.

Billy knew exactly what he was doing: Him and Jimmy using the Pumpkin name.

That's exactly what Billy wanted to do but when Jimmy left he tried to define himself as the Pumpkins. When that didn't go over well both commercially and critically that's when talk of a true reunion started.
False. Billy reached out to D'arcy and James (or at least their respective managers).

Old 09-26-2017, 10:14 AM   #40
FoolofaTook

Personally I think that Airplane Mode would entice Jimmy.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:15 AM   #41
FoolofaTook

And vice versa.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #42
FoolofaTook

Lol rewrite history.

Yeah be careful not to alter lies. .Imbecile swine.

666 NIHILISM 666

Old 09-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #43
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
False. Billy reached out to D'arcy and James (or at least their respective managers).
Source for this? Iha claimed that he was never approached, and during the 'reunion' Billy admitted that he hadn't been in contact with D'arcy for years until recently.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #44
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I have worked in different aspects of the music business for years, and when people know you like a certain band, they'll tell you things. I don't want to betray anyone, but here are some quotes that allude to it...

Greg Kot Interview 2008: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...nd-james-iha/2

Quote:
Q. Did you make a sincere attempt to invite back Iha and Wretzky?

A. Sincere in the sense that we have to allow them the opportunity. They have the right to at least have the conversation. We said the door's open. We were met with complete indifference. D'arcy doesn't care. And James, it was a money thing.
D'arcy Interview from Last year (where she first said she'd be open to talking and playing with billy again): http://blastecho.com/ex-smashing-pum...s-her-silence/
Quote:
Speaking of The Pumpkins, she called former bandmate James Iha’s two appearances with the new version of The Pumpkins “really healthy,” and said Iha is the only member of the Pumpkins who she keeps in contact with, albeit just “here and there.”

Wretzky claims she’s been asked to rejoin The Pumpkins on four occasions, but then later says she hasn’t spoken to head Pumpkin Billy Corgan since 1999, the year she was fired. She would, however, “consider going back.”
This pretty much confirms what people have told me, which is that Billy reached out to James and D'arcy though third parties, but never contacted them personally. I'm not saying Billy was particularly proactive in trying to get them to rejoin, but I think it's unfair to say he never even tried.

My guess would be that the second they did not respond back with overwhelming positivity, Billy took that as justification to just keep moving forward with Jimmy. Which, as someone else pointed out, was probably what Billy wanted to do back in 2000.

No matter what happens, I'm glad they're talking again. As I said in another thread, I would much rather have peace with the other band members showing up every now again (e.g., James playing on Corgan's record) than having a Pixies style reunion that runs out of steam after three months.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:59 PM   #45
FoolofaTook

Lol gish their best.

So untr00. Pre-Gish or nothing. Spiteface!!!!

Old 09-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #46
FoolofaTook

You must be an amateur.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:12 PM   #47
T&T
Socialphobic

that 3rd party was an ad in a newspaper. GIVE ME A BREAK. what a twat.

Quote:
James, it was a money thing.
aka billy didn't want to give him any...

at every step biily has been a FUCKING TWAT and then tries to twist the truth so he doesn't look like the bad guy. but who's he fooling, everyone knows he's the shithead EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #48
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
that 3rd party was an ad in a newspaper. GIVE ME A BREAK. what a twat.

aka billy didn't want to give him any...

at every step biily has been a FUCKING TWAT and then tries to twist the truth so he doesn't look like the bad guy. but who's he fooling, everyone knows he's the shithead EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.
Except the part where D'arcy said Billy asked her four times. That's from D'arcy, the band member that spent seventeen years hating Billy with a passion.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:55 PM   #49
FoolofaTook

And smoking hard, dat rock, aka kill.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:57 PM   #50
FoolofaTook

You like syd barrett bra? I love Piper at the Gates of Dawn (title taken from the most ubersenescent chapter in the wind in the willows). Never checked out madcap tho. should i?

Old 09-26-2017, 03:16 PM   #51
Cool As Ice Cream

i love piper too

Old 09-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #52
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

check out madcap, yes

Old 09-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #53
Elphenor
Braindead

Im just sitting here wondering about those tracks James played on

Old 09-26-2017, 08:26 PM   #54
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I don’t understand why there is so much angst that corgan seems to be in a better place and do a proper reunion.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #55
FoolofaTook

Uh because he sucks as a musician and will further tarnish what has been tarnished beyond belief?

Old 09-26-2017, 09:18 PM   #56
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
i love piper too
Have you heard the melvins cover of interstellar overdrive.

it's like GALACTIC.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:07 AM   #57
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

A new interview by David Howard King with MELISSA AUF DER MAUR at THE ALT:

http://thealt.com/2017/09/12/redisco...-auf-der-maur/

About joining The SMASHING PUMPKINS:
"And then of course, there was the weird thing where D’arcy [Wretzky] left [The Smashing] Pumpkins the same day I left Hole, and Billy [Corgan] called my ringing landline saying, ‘The stars have lined up! D’arcy left. Want to join?’ and he’s how I got into Hole to begin with. So I joined these really intense bands that weren’t really part of my initial goal in art."

http://thealt.com/wp-content/uploads...ai-992x546.jpg

http://thealt.com/wp-content/uploads...ur-1-of-53.jpg

Old 10-05-2017, 04:35 PM   #58
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Reunion would bring closure

Speaking about the possibility of a reunion, Corgan exclusively tells TeamRock: “The tabloidian version of ‘Will it? Won’t it?’ I’m not in that game – I’m in the, ‘Hey, I’m all for it.’

“I don’t have anything to defend, or push aside, it’s none of that. I do hope that whatever it is, it would ring to the public as authentic and well-intended.

“As I’ve said a few times publicly that I’m interested in the band being creative again.

“Playing shows is fine – I’m totally cool with the idea that if you come see some iteration of Pumpkins 5.0, it’ll be focused on the 90s era of work. It’ll be a real celebration – we’ll get the closure we never had. And a 22-year-old who has only ever heard about the myth can come and see it in some form. I think we’d still be fine.”

Corgan adds: “But me personally, I’m really interested in being creative again. I think there’s a space for us to fit where nobody is inhabiting, and that’s very attractive to me because our skill set is quite dangerous in this environment, and I really like that.”

Old 10-06-2017, 11:48 PM   #59
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Reunion would bring closure

Speaking about the possibility of a reunion, Corgan exclusively tells TeamRock: “The tabloidian version of ‘Will it? Won’t it?’ I’m not in that game – I’m in the, ‘Hey, I’m all for it.’

“I don’t have anything to defend, or push aside, it’s none of that. I do hope that whatever it is, it would ring to the public as authentic and well-intended.

“As I’ve said a few times publicly that I’m interested in the band being creative again.

“Playing shows is fine – I’m totally cool with the idea that if you come see some iteration of Pumpkins 5.0, it’ll be focused on the 90s era of work. It’ll be a real celebration – we’ll get the closure we never had. And a 22-year-old who has only ever heard about the myth can come and see it in some form. I think we’d still be fine.”

Corgan adds: “But me personally, I’m really interested in being creative again. I think there’s a space for us to fit where nobody is inhabiting, and that’s very attractive to me because our skill set is quite dangerous in this environment, and I really like that.”
This is the most interesting take I've heard from him yet. He seems interested in doing a new record from the band in the way a fan would. He seems detached - not in a bad way, but in a healthy way. 07-14 he was holding on too tight.

I think if new music actually happened and he kept this kind of curious mindset, it could lead to some good stuff.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:56 PM   #60
FoolofaTook

Thank you Inside Poop.