Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Is Billy pulling his albums off Spotify?

So, yesterday a few people reported Adore wasn't available for them anymore. The album doesn't even show up on the search anymore, but if you have a link you can see the only 2 songs still available are the singles, Ava Adore and Perfect:

https://open.spotify.com/album/7FI91...TMe2kp8Azvcs6A

Now only the remastered versions of Gish, SD, Pisces and Mellon Collie are available. The original albums are gone. No TAFH at all, I can't remember if the boxset songs were there though.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
So, yesterday a few people reported Adore wasn't available for them anymore. The album doesn't even show up on the search anymore, but if you have a link you can see the only 2 songs still available are the singles, Ava Adore and Perfect:

https://open.spotify.com/album/7FI91...TMe2kp8Azvcs6A

Now only the remastered versions of Gish, SD, Pisces and Mellon Collie are available. The original albums are gone. No TAFH at all, I can't remember if the boxset songs were there though.
Originally he had pulled all the albums off when he started doing the remasters so the original version being gone is expected. Machina was not online at all for a long time, Zeitgeist is still missing. I think reading into the fact that Adore went down means he's pulling things is going a bit far. I know his intention was always to only have the remasters up. I'm sure it's just some weird contractual thing or technical error.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Originally he had pulled all the albums off when he started doing the remasters so the original version being gone is expected. Machina was not online at all for a long time, Zeitgeist is still missing. I think reading into the fact that Adore went down means he's pulling things is going a bit far. I know his intention was always to only have the remasters up. I'm sure it's just some weird contractual thing or technical error.
He's been saying he pulled Zeitgeist, TFE and MSoTS off Spotify himself 'cause "the kids didn't like them, or something like that. That's why I'm assuming it's something planned, and not a bug. Plus, the singles are still up so it's more likely they were left there deliberately.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #4
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

The remasters have been the only versions available as long as I have been using spotify, I'm pretty sure

Old 08-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
redbreegull

which sucks because they sound worse and now this is "the official" version new listeners will hear forever. billy you fucking moron

Old 08-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #6
redbreegull

MCIS actually sounds about equal overall to me, with the original and remaster both having different issues, but the others all sound worse.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:30 PM   #7
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Both versions were available to me until last month.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #8
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe they pulled Adore to replace it w the Deluxe reissue eventually

Old 08-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #9
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
Maybe they pulled Adore to replace it w the Deluxe reissue eventually
That's the only one showing up, only the singles tho! The original mix is gone, and so are the rest the remastered songs.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #10
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
He's been saying he pulled Zeitgeist, TFE and MSoTS off Spotify himself 'cause "the kids didn't like them, or something like that. That's why I'm assuming it's something planned, and not a bug. Plus, the singles are still up so it's more likely they were left there deliberately.
He can say whatever he wants' He pulled every album right before the reissues started and has replaced as they came out. IE why Machina was gone. He probably feels the other albums aren't worth legally dealing with at this point. He's changed his mind and has had multiple stories about the Zwan material at least times since the reissues started.

With this stuff you kinda have to go by the actions not what he says, he never gives a straight answer about the contracts, reissues, archival stuff. In fact I think it's part of a game to him to just make up shit.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #11
slayed23
Ownz

Is it really that big of a deal? It's not like you can't just go to youtube and listen to the entire Adore album if you wanted to.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:42 PM   #12
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Is it really that big of a deal? It's not like you can't just go to youtube and listen to the entire Adore album if you wanted to.
It is, cause I can't lock my phone. Plus, the quality is usually shit.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #13
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Mary Star of the Sea, TheFutureEmbrace, and Zeitgeist were all under the Warner Brothers label. He mentioned in one of those Q&As in 2015 that he pulled them as a fuck you to the label.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #14
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

I’m sure the label was gutted by that

Old 08-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #15
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

seriously, this fuckin' guy and his emotions. GROW UP

Old 08-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #16
RAWK
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
I’m sure the label was gutted by that

Old 08-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #17
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

I bet it's some dumb shit like people weren't clapping as loudly after Ava Adore and For Martha as they were for Bullet and Zero during the current shows or something

Old 08-11-2018, 04:12 AM   #18
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post

Sooo true. Who in gods name needs spotify?

Sold all 3 versions of zeitgeist, tfe, oceania and monuments on ebay last week. All gone.
God bless- like some songs on each- but overall the albums themselves are crap. I cant bear a track like wildflower, run to me starz or cmon lets go on an album. These songs are soo terrible.

Give us new songs/ album- keep that unloved zwan crap in your basement bolly.
Machina deto- like the album but any nee mix or version of any song on machina wouldnt satisfy me.

What about the new recorded 16 songs?
Is billy afraid that they could ruin his built up positive vibe at the moment?

In europe the sp are dead. At least my impression.no one cares, no one is missing them except a few die hard fans.

I was at 4 concerts in different eras- but i resisted to go again if they come to europe again. You know why- because its a one man billy salutation and an egoshow i have only seen with michael jackson. Michael is god- billy in comparison a small fart.

Reading the q/a on instagram makes me sick. Cant this wixer give normal answers? Why insulting some people?

His state of mind isnt healthy- someone who is balanced doesnt need to knock on others. Someone who wants to be so spiritual would at least try to forgive others (eg kerry brown).
Bolly is so fake.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #19
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

The remastered ADORE album is at least still at DEEZER:

https://www.deezer.com/de/album/8554467

Old 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #20
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
MCIS actually sounds about equal overall to me, with the original and remaster both having different issues, but the others all sound worse.
The Siamese Dream remaster sounds pretty dope.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:21 AM   #21
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Mary Star of the Sea, TheFutureEmbrace, and Zeitgeist were all under the Warner Brothers label. He mentioned in one of those Q&As in 2015 that he pulled them as a fuck you to the label.
Again he claim this all he wants but he pulled everything at the same time and talked about Zeigest and MSOTS being remastered.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:23 AM   #22
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Sooo true. Who in gods name needs spotify?

Sold all 3 versions of zeitgeist, tfe, oceania and monuments on ebay last week. All gone.
God bless- like some songs on each- but overall the albums themselves are crap. I cant bear a track like wildflower, run to me starz or cmon lets go on an album. These songs are soo terrible.

Give us new songs/ album- keep that unloved zwan crap in your basement bolly.
Machina deto- like the album but any nee mix or version of any song on machina wouldnt satisfy me.

What about the new recorded 16 songs?
Is billy afraid that they could ruin his built up positive vibe at the moment?

In europe the sp are dead. At least my impression.no one cares, no one is missing them except a few die hard fans.

I was at 4 concerts in different eras- but i resisted to go again if they come to europe again. You know why- because its a one man billy salutation and an egoshow i have only seen with michael jackson. Michael is god- billy in comparison a small fart.

Reading the q/a on instagram makes me sick. Cant this wixer give normal answers? Why insulting some people?

His state of mind isnt healthy- someone who is balanced doesnt need to knock on others. Someone who wants to be so spiritual would at least try to forgive others (eg kerry brown).
Bolly is so fake.
What drugs are you on and will you share?

Old 08-13-2018, 03:25 AM   #23
redbreegull

Adore remaster is up on spotify now

Old 08-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #24
Rider
Minion of Satan

Oh and Adore is back on Spotify already.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #25
Cool As Ice Cream

rider on brothahial drugs?
may god have mercy on us all!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #26
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

MCIS remaster sounds excellent because the original mix is muddy with tons of mid-bass that destroys subwoofers.
SD remaster is brickwalled.
Adore remaster is brickwalled to hell.
Pisces remaster is lazy.
Gish remaster sounds the same

Old 08-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #27
redbreegull

Pisces sounds like fucking shit. I don't know wtf happened, but it was like a bunch of chimps remastered it. Pretty sure there are things that got fucked up with the mix plus brickwalled to infinity

Gish and SD are too punchy but they actually only clip for imperceptibly brief moments IIRC

MCIS sounds better for the heavy songs but the quiet songs sound worse because they lose the gentleness

Old 08-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #28
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

The MCIS sounds great. There's a lot more detail and clarity in everything, including the quiet songs. The Adore remaster is good too. Same thing, you can hear more detail.

The Pisces remaster was half baked. And using a different vocal take on "Plume" was ridiculous.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #29
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

The original masters in the nineties were done by Howie Weinberg, when he worked for Bob Ludwig.
The album remastering did Bob Ludwig himself. Weinberg mastered all the bonus stuff, now in his own studio.

Ludwig is no enemy of loudness-"tuning":

Old 08-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #30
theslipstream
Pledge

Checking Spotify today, I noticed they have playlists built around the actual setlists from the tour (including the anniversary show in NJ). The Adore songs are on there (2014 Remaster) and play/download just fine.

Zeitgeist and Zwan's MSotS are the only noticeable absences.

Interestingly there's an artist called Zwan with a couple of albums that sound like meth-induced nosebleed house music.