Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2017, 06:14 PM   #31
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Realize, fuzzy, that I've been sitting on a mountain of media for 15+ years. It doesn't really hurt my soul to trade a lot of this stuff in. I mean, I traded in the Oceania Live in NYC DVD (an impulse buy via Amazon gift card). I was never, EVER going to watch that again. Once was more than enough. I've definitely gotten more selective since the big move, mostly because I know in the back of my head that I'm going to have to move all this shit again sometime in the not too far off future.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #32
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Also, wow how times have changed. Four years ago, I bought that damn DVD. Now, I won't even stream Corgan's new solo shit for free.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, I hear ya man. I donated a bunch of CD's and DVD's to a charitable thrift shop awhile back. I'm certainly no hoarder, but I do like collecting cool old toys and music and sports memorabilia and stuff like that. Keep in mind, it's not like I'm sitting on ebay and spending shitloads of money on collectibles or anything, I usually only buy stuff if I find it casually at a flea-market or thrift shop or something.

I do sometimes browse craigslist for items, but it's very rare that I'll actually find something that's worth going out of my way to go and buy.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #34
fuzzyroes
Banned

Like I enjoy collecting trading cards. It's ultimately a super cheap hobby that takes up little space. I just like cataloging the cards and then going back once in a blue moon to check em out. My collection is quite extensive and wide ranging, but even so I probably only have about 15 000 cards. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....wL._SX355_.jpg
Which might seem like a lot, but it's only really about 3 of those big card cases full of them which are easily and conveniently stored. I only really buy some packs here and there or some choice rookie cards and memorabilia cards that usually retain their value.

Of course VHS take up more space, but I only collect rarities and obscure shit that appeal to me along with some tapes of choice 80's cartoons and TV shows. So even though it's an active hobby, my collections quite small and contained.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #35
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

FUCK U FUZZTARD

Old 11-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #36
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Hey now, let's not punish fuzzy for actually carrying a decent conversation.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #37
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Dear Glaming Flobes,

Is there something that riles you up, like sand in your foreskin?
Feel free to drop into my Hate Thread and contribute.

Prayers and Praises,
Fulltoked