Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2002, 09:40 PM   #1
mojo
Ownz

Default i finally saw that pumpkins 1988-2000 documentary...

i thought billy came across as spectacularly normal - does anyone know when it was shot? early 2000 would be my guess. the whole film inevitably makes you sad because in every frame and word you're reminded simultaneously what a one-of fucking msmatched miracle of a rock band they were and, of course, that they are no more. the only thing that shocked was when billy said "we looked like fools" because of Adore's "failure". what the fuck is he on about - it's their best record after SD and probably sold as much as kid a even if the it wasn't written about and hyped to the same extent. it was also cool to be reminded just how fucking HUGE they were circa mellon collie. it didn't last long but i guess in 1995/6 the pumpkins were probably the biggest band on the planet along with oasis - i think what's the story and MCIS both did 12 million. it makes you realize what a joke the strokes and the vines are by comparison. still, its human nature not to appreaciate things til they're gone.

Old 11-15-2002, 06:38 AM   #2
z33ro
Pledge

dude are you my clone or something? i swear i've said the exact same thing basically to numerous people of late..

couldn't agree more especially about sd & adore being the greatest albums of all time, i so always use the kidA comparison as well... adore was certainly no failure saleswise i think, billy is just too much of a perfectionist..

Old 11-15-2002, 08:45 AM   #3
wangcomputers
Apocalyptic Poster

mellon collie is the best, you no-good punks!

Old 11-15-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Thumbs up

Machina!