Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2016, 12:41 AM   #3451
Elphenor
Braindead

Repeal of Obamacare will literally kill people

Thousands

We will see the most vicious austerity in modern nation's history so much suffering

Old 11-10-2016, 12:42 AM   #3452
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Well Fuzzy, I'll admit, I sure am eating a shit sandwich! I guess I'll just have to get treated for my E. coli and hepatitis B through universal single-payer healthcare while you realize your dream of living in Trumpland, where the few protections Obama placed on American healthcare access are dismantled.

Oh boy, do I feel silly. It looks like you've truly gotten the last laugh. I suppose there is nothing I can say to get you to stay here. Enjoy your move while I envy you from up north!
Obama had his chance and failed miserably. The people have spoken and now it's time for Trump to come in and put a swift and abrupt end to his legacy.

The people have taken the power back. It's a beautiful thing

Old 11-10-2016, 12:45 AM   #3453
fuzzyroes
Banned

Don't worry elph, you'll learn to look up to and respect the new president in no time!

Old 11-10-2016, 12:46 AM   #3454
Elphenor
Braindead

I'm not old enough to have lived through something like this

Old 11-10-2016, 12:53 AM   #3455
fuzzyroes
Banned

raddest president ever

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2...edt-00-435.jpg

and clearly the hottest first woman to ever step foot in the white house:

http://www.hercampus.com/sites/defau...?itok=ngQrR5RS

Peace out Obamas

Old 11-10-2016, 01:46 AM   #3456
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Obama had his chance and failed miserably. The people have spoken and now it's time for Trump to come in and put a swift and abrupt end to his legacy.

The people have taken the power back. It's a beautiful thing
Lol, most people voted for Clinton. Most Americans don't deny climate change, are for gay rights, reproductive rights, and want single-payer healthcare. Trump won because of the electoral college and scared white people.

Obama has a high approval rating for an outgoing president, and Trump is the least-liked person to be voted into office in modern times.

Also, up until a week ago, you thought Obamacare was an insurance plan, so I'm not sure how anybody could ever take your criticisms seriously. I'm not sure you have any, because when pressed, you just copied and pasted an InfoWars article that you didn't even understand (and InfoWars isn't exactly written for a sophisticated audience in the first place).

Old 11-10-2016, 01:53 AM   #3457
Elphenor
Braindead

We will endure this though just get to high ground I held a plane ticket back to Cali not 24 hours ago

This place gonna look third world in about 4 years if we haven't launched into nuclear war yet

Old 11-10-2016, 02:02 AM   #3458
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
uh, no. Michigan has turned out to be the deciding state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
No. Pennsylvania is going for Clinton.

If Trump wins michigan he wins the Presidency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
raddest president ever

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2...edt-00-435.jpg

and clearly the hottest first woman to ever step foot in the white house:

http://www.hercampus.com/sites/defau...?itok=ngQrR5RS

Peace out Obamas
I hope this is a joke otherwise this is easily the grocest post in this thread

including the shit sandwich ones and the ones where people are telling rbg to suck dicks without his consent

Old 11-10-2016, 02:14 AM   #3459
Elphenor
Braindead

He's 100% serious he's complete trash not even a funny type of stupid

Old 11-10-2016, 02:16 AM   #3460
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

don't know why scotty's posts were quoted...

but fuzzy don't be a sick piece of trash

Old 11-10-2016, 06:40 AM   #3461
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I'm currently quite unwilling to dedicate leisure time to reading a twenty-two-page legal analysis, but it's at least interesting that somebody has thought this one out.

Trump University and Presidential Impeachment
In the final weeks of the 2016 Presidential campaign Donald J. Trump faces three lawsuits accusing him of fraud and racketeering. These ongoing cases focus on a series of wealth seminars called “Trump University” which collected over $40 million from consumers seeking to learn Trump’s real estate investing strategies. Although these consumer protection cases are civil proceedings, the underlying legal elements in several counts that plaintiffs seek to prove run parallel to the legal elements of serious crimes under both state and federal law. This essay provides a legal analysis of whether Trump’s alleged behavior would, if proven, rise to the level of impeachable offenses under the presidential impeachment clause of the United States Constitution. This essay begins with a summary of the evidence assembled in the three pending Trump University civil lawsuits. Next, it describes the legal claims involved in each matter. Then, this essay summarizes the applicable law of presidential impeachment under the United States Constitution and analyzes whether Trump’s actions in connection with Trump University are impeachable offenses. Finally, I offer concluding thoughts, considering in particular the policy implications of a major presidential campaign with simultaneously pending legal complaints of fraud and racketeering.
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2841306

Old 11-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #3462
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Hey genius,

I know you're probably riding a kangaroo right now and don't understand how American government works, but impeachment charges have to be brought by the House, which is firmly Republican. Even if they did impeach him for some reason, 2/3 of the Republican-controlled Senate would have to vote to remove him at his impeachment trial. So the chances of that happening are absolutely fuck-all. Trump is going to rape and pillage for at least four years.
The analysis was written by a professor of law from the University of Utah and it wouldn't exactly surprise me if he discusses the barriers to its occurrence within the paper. In any case, the unlikelihood of such an impeachment hardly renders the discussion invalid and I would have thought that a person as concerned as you apparently are by the idea of a corrupt leader insulated by their office would take as much interest in the matter as you've previously taken in emails cleared by the FBI and pictures of Hillary Clinton looking kind of sleepy.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #3463
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Trump's surprise win appears to have triggered wild contractions in your tolerance for fantasy.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #3464
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Lol, at least Dems accept the results as legitimate, unlike Trumpets would had if they didn't get their way. Half of Republicans said they wouldn't recognize a Clinton victory.
The irony is strong here

Old 11-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #3465
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe RBG offed himself

Old 11-10-2016, 10:39 AM   #3466
vixnix
Socialphobic

This is probably the kind of thing liberal elites wrote, before the Cultural Revolution   I love GK and heirloom tomatoes, but...I guess too many people have missed out on the better things in life, and instead of sharing them around, we just burrowed deeper into the middle class dream and hoped for the best. I feel guilty.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/articl...photo-11598212

Old 11-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #3467
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I agree that article, even if partly satirical, is obnoxiously elitist

Old 11-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #3468
LaBelle
Socialphobic

defending from "those people..." arguments by going "those people..."

keep it classy.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #3469
myosis
Minion of Satan

what happens if a president is impeached?

Old 11-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #3470
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
what happens if a president is impeached?
You end up with Pence, who is worse than Trump.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #3471
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Pence is already probably calling a lot of the shots. Remember when Kasich was Trump's first or second choice, and Trump's kid called him to offer him the job, saying he would be in charge of a lot of the traditionally-presidential duties, while Donald's job would simply be to "make America great again"?

Anyway, I was under the impression that presidents can only be impeached for crimes committed while in office, not before.

It is a shame that the rape case against him was dropped and the alleged victim was even too terrified to do her press conference. Also interesting how barely anybody was reporting on this.

Or on the fact that a lot of the election contributions went directly into Trump's pockets and companies.

The funny thing is that Trump was rated better on honesty than the kinda shady Clinton (her foundation used Clinton Foundation money to fund her daughter's wedding, apparently), but Trump's done the all the same shit and worse, and in addition, he's stupid and bigoted and dangerous.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:47 PM   #3472
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Also, Pence looks like a supervillain for the next Marvel Comics movie.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #3473
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Is breeg ok? Anyone knows?

Thought he'd have weighed in by now

Old 11-10-2016, 04:43 PM   #3474
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
You end up with Pence, who is worse than Trump.
so i guess it's not unimaginable that republicans might want to impeach Trump at some point.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #3475
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

poots you are a human piece of garbage. you're a fucking moronic abomination and you've literally put my muslim gay hispanic and black friends in danger by legitimizing an ideology of hate. We are going to destroy you and wipe your America out of existence

Old 11-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #3476
redbreegull

and then you will suck my god damn dick you aberrant cretin racist.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:33 PM   #3477
redbreegull

btw Nate Silver once again had the most accurate model, and though he favored Clinton he pointed out this exact possibility over the last few weeks

Old 11-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #3478
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
and then you will suck my god damn dick you aberrant cretin racist.
Using suck my dick as an insult is quite homophobic

Old 11-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #3479
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Using suck my dick as an insult is quite homophobic
you are the biggest transphobe on this board you stupid ass billy corgan faux intellectual motherfucker

Old 11-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #3480
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
btw Nate Silver once again had the most accurate model, and though he favored Clinton he pointed out this exact possibility over the last few weeks
True dat. He said there were a few simulations in which Clinton won the popular vote but lost the college, and I guess those simulations were closest to the money. His model also gave more of a chance to Trump than pretty much any other aggregate polling model (HuffPo was, like, Clinton 90% or something).

Still, it's a surprise, but I think those who are going "this shows polling is wrong!!!" don't understand that no science is 100% predicatively accurate. Clinton was given a 70% chance of winning, but the dart landed in the other 30%.

Not only that, but social desirability bias was active, because support for Trump was higher in polls where respondents did not speak directly to a pollster. The polls showed more support for Trump among lower-class, uneducated white men, but white men from all socio-economic classes came out for him. White women, too, except for educated white women, who voted Clinton. Overall, rich people voted Republican, and poorer people Democrat. And then there was the issue of getting out the vote. Clinton wasn't able to get as many black people and Latinos to come out as Obama was.

The thing about polling is that, even if you think you've covered all the relevant variables, this election may have different relevant variables from the last one, and that shit is hard to foresee. What happens if attitudes about service-sector jobs become important to how people vote in 2020, even though it was never a major issue before? How will we know? That's just one of the things sciences, especially social sciences, have to deal with.