Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2015, 05:30 PM   #121
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
It's just a matter of saving up and finding time, now. What time of year do you reckon is best, to visit NJ? My favourite time of the year to travel is autumn.
The mid atlantic is generally cold from October-April. Autumns are extremely beautiful, but I would recommend going to West Virginia or somewhere in the northeast like Vermont if autumn scenery is what you want. Jersey is generally considered to be kind of a pit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
What's wrong with NJ? Do you not like blueberries?
so that time you aggressively argued with me over how shitty maryland is... that was coming from someone who lives in jersey. oooooooook

Old 11-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #122
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

i dont recall that

Old 11-19-2015, 08:03 PM   #123
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm on public transportation right now hating every second of it

Old 11-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #124
Elphenor
Braindead

I miss public transit so much

No worrying about where to park or worrying about having to get gas or worrying about making a wrong turn or worrying about if you drank too much to be able to drive home now

Just no worries

Old 11-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #125
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

it has to be said public transit is not equal everywhere.

Montreal's is pretty good aside from one thing.....no real proper AC in the Metro in summer. It's kinda hell. I avoid it in the heat waves or else i may die.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #126
Elphenor
Braindead

Driving sucks sooo much

I actually still elect to walk to work

Old 11-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #127
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
it has to be said public transit is not equal everywhere.

Montreal's is pretty good aside from one thing.....no real proper AC in the Metro in summer. It's kinda hell. I avoid it in the heat waves or else i may die.
Well if the public transit is unreliable then that's a different story

But if the worst part was no AC I'd still not own a car

In San Diego it was literally free to go ANYWHERE nobody checked if you had a ticket I miss it

Old 11-19-2015, 08:16 PM   #128
buzzard
Minion of Satan

What a baby.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #129
Elphenor
Braindead

Plus I hear about people dying in my area about once a week in an accident it's the most dangerous thing average people do

Old 11-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #130
hnibos
Braindead

Well I personally like having my own vehicle and go where I want, when I want.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:30 PM   #131
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
I'm on public transportation right now hating every second of it
Don't get puked on by a hobo.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:30 PM   #132
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

i was thinking about how whitney was right.

The greatest love of all IS in sodomy.

Ultimate show of love IMO.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #133
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
No it's not.. I'm sorry When are you supposed to get those out?
I get them checked in Feb and they will probably stay in for a 6 months or so after that. Basically they stay in until they fall out and then we see what happens w/r/t getting new ones again. sometimes they solve eustachian tube dysfunction and sometimes they don't and the person has to have them indefinitely

Old 11-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #134
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

We'll go to Jersey to see Bonnie; it's a pretty densely populated area with a fair bit of history so I'm sure we'll have plenty to see and do. I'm not much of a tourist when I travel; I stayed in NY for a couple of months and never went up the Empire State building or visited the Statue of Liberty. We caught the Staten Island ferry and looked at it as we went past. We mostly stayed in Harlem where we made a few friends and found a weed hookup and slummed it in condemned brownstones with other travellers. I prefer to stay in a place for a while and have friends in that place, than just go see stuff.

We also have friends in Colorado and Indianapolis, so we'll probably go from one side to the other - maybe drive from L.A. to Denver, then fly to Chicago and drive through to New York. We were thinking of buying an old Landcruiser or van, and camping our way across (then selling it at the end), in National Parks, but somebody here said that the middle was incredibly boring and flat, and I do remember that from catching the Greyhound from NY to New Orleans, so we probably won't do that, now, though in so many places it would be way better than travel accommodation.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:57 PM   #135
redbreegull

Quote:
We'll go to Jersey to see Bonnie; it's a pretty densely populated area with a fair bit of history so I'm sure we'll have plenty to see and do. I'm not much of a tourist when I travel; I stayed in NY for a couple of months and never went up the Empire State building or visited the Statue of Liberty. We caught the Staten Island ferry and looked at it as we went past. We mostly stayed in Harlem where we made a few friends and found a weed hookup and slummed it in condemned brownstones with other travellers. I prefer to stay in a place for a while and have friends in that place, than just go see stuff.

We also have friends in Colorado and Indianapolis, so we'll probably go from one side to the other - maybe drive from L.A. to Denver, then fly to Chicago and drive through to New York. We were thinking of buying an old Landcruiser or van, and camping our way across (then selling it at the end), in National Parks, but somebody here said that the middle was incredibly boring and flat, and I do remember that from catching the Greyhound from NY to New Orleans, so we probably won't do that, now, though in so many places it would be way better than travel accommodation.
yeah the jersey hate is overblown as I'm sure you figure. there are cool things and good people everywhere. If you can really do a trip like that I am maaaaad jealous, road tripping across the US has been a dream for many years but it is very expensive to do it. LA also gets a lot of shit but as an outsider it has a lot to offer culturally, plus if you get out of town the scenery is gorgeous. Try to hit some of the National Parks in Utah on your way to Denver. There's nothing quite like red canyon lands. Colorado is hands down the most beautiful, sublime place I have ever been. Go there, you will not be disappointed. From Denver east to Chicago is pretty much all flat and empty, that is true. You actually bypassed most of the flat middle part of the US going from New Orleans to NY. Chicago to NY shouldn't be too bad though, parts of Ohio and Pennsylvania are real beautiful as well.

Obviously there are a billion more things to see in the US, but I would personally recommend trying to see some of Appalachia on your way to the east. If you go southeast from Chicago instead of due east, you will find yourself in West Virginia/Kentucky. I really, really recommend this since you will be so close anyway, it would just add a day or two to your travel time. It's a real cultural experience driving through the backwoods of eastern America. It's ineffably gorgeous especially in the summer and fall, and Appalachia is really just its own unique niche culture, and something very important to American heritage and especially American music.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #136
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

All of it is beautiful if you think in terms of geology and botany etc.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #137
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Name an uglier state.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #138
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:

Everyone uses the Staten Island ferry for that hahaha. Recently I was in Staten Island for work, then bf drove over, we parked at the ferry (this is around $10 but a lady gave us a free pass) and got to the bowling green. This was just to go to comic con which I don't reccomend or anything but tickets were given to us so why not. To go back to New Jersey would have cost over $50 in public transportation cost and two plus hours of travel whereas gas was like $3 at most, parking $10 (but free), and it takes 45 minutes at most to get back to home from Staten Island. This is why I am so sour on public transportation. It takes too long and is too expensive and you can't stop on the way at clay pits.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:48 PM   #139
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i just had a vag. ultrasound while severely bleeding. so gross and embarrassing. the technologist also left the measurements on the screen when she left and i took some pics to look online. its out of context but google says i either have super large ovarian cyst(s) or cancer. one of my ovaries has 3.3ml of fluid and the other has 57.4ml and is about 3x the size of the smaller one. and there is fluid in my uterus which i dont think is supposed to be there unless you're ovulating but my cycle is fucked up anyway so who knows

anyway im not gonna sweat it

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-20-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:54 PM   #140
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

oh reprise When will you know? Is the liquid in your uterus from the cyst draining?

Old 11-20-2015, 05:54 PM   #141
vixnix
Socialphobic

Have you ever been tested for PCOS?

Old 11-20-2015, 06:07 PM   #142
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
oh reprise When will you know? Is the liquid in your uterus from the cyst draining?
it could be. i dont know. i have an endometrial biopsy already set for dec 7th and im sure she'll call me before then if anything is seriously wrong

Quote:
Have you ever been tested for PCOS?
yes, by ultrasound last year. all i had then was one small cyst, no PCOS. my sister has PCOS though.

i mean i've been having really heavy clotty periods for like a year now that have gotten increasingly irregular. im at the point now where i bleed heavily for 1-2 days, stop for 1-5 days, and then repeat. this has been going on for like 2-3 months. it's at the point where i dont know if you could even consider it a period, like... a shit ton of clotted blood gets released in a couple hour period and then it's all out within 12 hours and bleeding stops

Old 11-20-2015, 07:16 PM   #143
yo soy el mejor

my commute to work is ~one hour despite it being only 5 miles away. i take one bus going east for about 15 minutes and take another south for the remainder. i like that i get to read because i don't read as much as i should at home. i get a lot of reading done. there is one white boy i always see who gets on my nerves. he always rushes to hop on even when people have been waiting and he just strolled up to the stop. and he hovers. and he stands at the front (in the way) even when there are empty seats everywhere. i don't think he grew up in a city or having to consider others.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #144
yo soy el mejor

today i scanned my bus card but it didn't work and i had to do it again (the machines are finicky) and when i barely moved my hand up to scan my card again he tried to shimmy his little hand under mine. i said 'wait your turn, you're already on the bus'. he's so young and pink ugh.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #145
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I spent over two and a half hours on buses today, all told

Old 11-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #146
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

im sorry guys, the bus sounds shitty.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:44 PM   #147
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i have one more thing to complain about it. my cold is turning into bronchitis. this is always a shitty time for me because while my nose is still clogged and i'm wheezing/chest congestion from the bronchitis itself and it triggering my asthma i actually feel in danger of breathing problems. i also have 1 lone enlarged lymph node... i think it's a lymph node anyway, right under my jaw, size of a marble or a little bigger, moves around under the mandible area fairly easily when pushed, very little pain. if i wasn't so fat it'd be sticking out of my skin noticeable, i think. when i move it around i can see it in the mirror. ive had enlarged nodes before but they've never become hard like this, usually it's straight up inflammation, this is like a hard little ball of tissue.

its also possible this node/lump has been there before today. the way it sits under my jawline makes it hard to palpate accidentally, i just happened to feel it while my jaw was opened and it was sticking out more laterally. but im just gonna assume its a lymph node that will go down in a couple days.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:15 AM   #148
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

You're in really bad shape and reading all that makes my palms sweaty. Please don't die on us, reprise.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #149
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
yeah the jersey hate is overblown as I'm sure you figure. there are cool things and good people everywhere. If you can really do a trip like that I am maaaaad jealous, road tripping across the US has been a dream for many years but it is very expensive to do it. LA also gets a lot of shit but as an outsider it has a lot to offer culturally, plus if you get out of town the scenery is gorgeous. Try to hit some of the National Parks in Utah on your way to Denver. There's nothing quite like red canyon lands. Colorado is hands down the most beautiful, sublime place I have ever been. Go there, you will not be disappointed. From Denver east to Chicago is pretty much all flat and empty, that is true. You actually bypassed most of the flat middle part of the US going from New Orleans to NY. Chicago to NY shouldn't be too bad though, parts of Ohio and Pennsylvania are real beautiful as well.

Obviously there are a billion more things to see in the US, but I would personally recommend trying to see some of Appalachia on your way to the east. If you go southeast from Chicago instead of due east, you will find yourself in West Virginia/Kentucky. I really, really recommend this since you will be so close anyway, it would just add a day or two to your travel time. It's a real cultural experience driving through the backwoods of eastern America. It's ineffably gorgeous especially in the summer and fall, and Appalachia is really just its own unique niche culture, and something very important to American heritage and especially American music.
Thanks for these tips - I had a look and I have been interested in Appalachian culture, though if I'm honest I'm slightly fearful of the area because of Deliverance. But the music and hillbilly culture is intriguing.

Quote:
Everyone uses the Staten Island ferry for that hahaha. Recently I was in Staten Island for work, then bf drove over, we parked at the ferry (this is around $10 but a lady gave us a free pass) and got to the bowling green. This was just to go to comic con which I don't reccomend or anything but tickets were given to us so why not. To go back to New Jersey would have cost over $50 in public transportation cost and two plus hours of travel whereas gas was like $3 at most, parking $10 (but free), and it takes 45 minutes at most to get back to home from Staten Island. This is why I am so sour on public transportation. It takes too long and is too expensive and you can't stop on the way at clay pits.
Yeah $10 parking, $3 for gas, that's amazing. I think your area has obviously be optimised for private transport. It's still like that here, in many ways, despite the traffic. The train network is so limited, and the bus services are forever being scaled back. It's ridiculous. But with the traffic being the way it is, and fuel prices being the way they are, plus the registration and compulsory third party insurance you pay every year (about $1000 each year), and then regular car insurance (~$100/month) owning a car is incredibly expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
it could be. i dont know. i have an endometrial biopsy already set for dec 7th and im sure she'll call me before then if anything is seriously wrong

yes, by ultrasound last year. all i had then was one small cyst, no PCOS. my sister has PCOS though.

i mean i've been having really heavy clotty periods for like a year now that have gotten increasingly irregular. im at the point now where i bleed heavily for 1-2 days, stop for 1-5 days, and then repeat. this has been going on for like 2-3 months. it's at the point where i dont know if you could even consider it a period, like... a shit ton of clotted blood gets released in a couple hour period and then it's all out within 12 hours and bleeding stops
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i have one more thing to complain about it. my cold is turning into bronchitis. this is always a shitty time for me because while my nose is still clogged and i'm wheezing/chest congestion from the bronchitis itself and it triggering my asthma i actually feel in danger of breathing problems. i also have 1 lone enlarged lymph node... i think it's a lymph node anyway, right under my jaw, size of a marble or a little bigger, moves around under the mandible area fairly easily when pushed, very little pain. if i wasn't so fat it'd be sticking out of my skin noticeable, i think. when i move it around i can see it in the mirror. ive had enlarged nodes before but they've never become hard like this, usually it's straight up inflammation, this is like a hard little ball of tissue.

its also possible this node/lump has been there before today. the way it sits under my jawline makes it hard to palpate accidentally, i just happened to feel it while my jaw was opened and it was sticking out more laterally. but im just gonna assume its a lymph node that will go down in a couple days.
I'm sorry to hear about all of this. Have you made an appointment to get the lump checked out?

Old 11-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #150
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Thanks for these tips - I had a look and I have been interested in Appalachian culture, though if I'm honest I'm slightly fearful of the area because of Deliverance. But the music and hillbilly culture is intriguing.
I just wanted to get in before this comment made me look incredibly dumb...I have long been interested in the folk music produced in the area and I know the population is incredibly diverse, and now that it's been pointed out how close we'd be I think it would be an awesome place to visit and I definitely wouldn't use Deliverance as a reason not to visit...it's just been an incredibly long day and I still have organ practice to do, and it will be another long day tomorrow...so my brain is just fried.