Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2017, 11:19 PM   #91
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Things you'd have to say to bring all of the ugliness out of Netphorians:
- Corona is not of a particularly high quality as far as beers go.
- The Fall is better than that band you just mentioned, mate.
- Not sure if I'd bring my acoustic to a social gathering, eh.
- Fuck, I hate the Star Wars movies. They're overrated like Paul McCartney.
- Hillary probably should have taken a moment to consider the potential drawbacks of installing all that stuff she got for cheap from Gateway.
- Can't say that I hate the existence of religion.

What else?

Old 10-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #92
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

The cannabis thing

Old 10-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #93
Catherine Wheel
Banned

You know reprise and flamingglobe did better than rbg. They asked me to leave in this thread. Rbg asked me privately to leave a few years ago. He couldn't just come out and say it in a thread. Because on top of many other things he's a coward.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #94
buzzard
Minion of Satan

On top of what other things?

Old 10-13-2017, 11:52 PM   #95
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

@ CW

Your avatar, is dem crop circles?

Old 10-13-2017, 11:54 PM   #96
Catherine Wheel
Banned

oh now I've said too much. The cat is out of the bag.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:54 PM   #97
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

would you look at how smart Catherine Wheel is, you guys.

he's a mastermind and architect and we're all just running through his hoops, time and time again!

it's not like in reality he posted some pathetic ass junior high essay on here and tried to pass it off as the most sophisticated psychological classification system ever conceived, only to then claim he has no money to make a basic questionnaire using HTML, LOL.

man we're all so dumb. and so predictable, too. we just keep doing that same shitty thing we'd been doing for over a decade, for some reason nobody but us understands or gives a shit about. we're just so radical and left of center, man. i bet that means on some level we're misunderstood geniuses.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #98
Catherine Wheel
Banned

No it's the symbols that the band 30 seconds to Mars used to use in their early days. When they were good.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #99
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah befriending people and socializing is completely pointless.

i love how you think netphoria has no purpose but you, in your beneficence, offer it a purpose with your completely unscientific, arational, pointless test that personifies all that people see as wrong with psychology

look, i'm not an expert in scientific research. but compared to you, i'm a savant. i've actually almost completed (in my last semester) an honors psychology degree, done research that contributed to publications in peer reviewed scientific journals, and learned about validity, reliability, statistics, and research methods. i'm writing an undergraduate honors thesis that will be 15,000 words. i'm not trying to brag whatsoever. what i've done doesn't qualify me to make any kind of test that has any merit or should be taken as a serious tool. that requires decades of research. you are delusional and i don't say that lightly. i don't think you should never work on this kind of thing and try to make something interesting. but to act like it is something serious that will revolutionalize psychology or make you any money is completely out of touch with reality.

having this conversation over and over with you is pointless and probably not healthy for me, so i'm done. i take this personally because it makes my field look like a complete joke. netphoria is not worthless and people here make positive connections with each other. it can also be unhealthy at times, like for example this entire thing. but it has been overwhelmingly a positive force in my life. you thinking you have some sort of expert knowledge of how i relate to netphoria and what is good or isn't good for me is, once again, offensive.

i wish you luck in all your endeavors except this one

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to reprise85 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you don't need funds. it's basic html. i did it when i was 11
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to reprise85 again.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #100
Catherine Wheel
Banned

The only people really complaining about it being self score are on here. Hardly anyone on any respectable forums have had a problem with that. They still took the test. And lots of people took the test when I had it on the survey site. That was self score too.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #101
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

hardly any self respecting self-perceived psychological guru would even have the blood posting such a boorish test anywhere online and then accusing the people subjected to it that they're asking too much of it.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:19 AM   #102
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I don't need anyone's advice here about what format the test should be in. I just want people to take the test.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:23 AM   #103
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

nobody gives a shit what you need. if you want people to take you seriously, at the very least do what it takes to be taken seriously. you fucking grotesque clown.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:25 AM   #104
buzzard
Minion of Satan

...the first step towards which is absolutely never suggesting that 30 Seconds to Mars were ever good.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:27 AM   #105
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

life hacks: immediately cast doubt on anyone who likes Jared Leto in any constellation, shape or form

Old 10-14-2017, 12:33 AM   #106
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Netphoria is the last place I have come to for field testing. I've already field tested on respectable psychology forums and philosophy forums. Gotten plenty of good feedback. No one had a problem with self score. It's already taken seriously. I'd like netphorians to take it but If netphorians don't want to take it it's no big thing. This is the last place I came to. This place doesn't hold any weight.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:41 AM   #107
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

there are also forums for child molesters where they pat each other on the back and trade pics and vids.

is this analogy clear to you at all, pumpkin?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:45 AM   #108
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Wait, so members of forums dedicated to the discussion of psychology were more open to spending leisure time on a test pertaining to psychology?

Old 10-14-2017, 12:49 AM   #109
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

what's funny to me about this is how CW persistently talks about how little significance this board has to him, yet he's practically begging everybody for 3 pages to pretty please try out my school project and give me some feedback? would greatly appreciate it !

btw sorry i don't have budget for an email address right now so just PM me the feedback or post it here guys : )

Old 10-14-2017, 12:53 AM   #110
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Why is it that all of CW's posts read like he's trying really hard to come across as human? Like all this shit is written by an AI that's pretty sophisticated for an AI, but is still not advanced enough to be convincing or mimic the nuances of human language and cognition ?

Pretty sure CW, in his current state, is maybe 30 years away from being able to pass the Turing test.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:07 AM   #111
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
I've already field tested on respectable psychology forums and philosophy forums. Gotten plenty of good feedback. No one had a problem with self score. It's already taken seriously.
Googling "Kimani Shorter typology" actually returns quite a few instances of CW's passion project being criticized as pseudoscientific on the message boards he holds in such high regard, with him predictably ignoring all of the criticisms and only paying any mind to those uninformed enough about psychology to seriously consider his test.

Were CW more knowledgeable about psychology, he would recognize this as a textbook example of confirmation bias.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:16 AM   #112
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

yeah i didn't even bother asking for negative reviews, although it's appallingly they are to be found in bulk on those very forums he basically justifies what can only be described as his "freak psychology thing" with.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:47 AM   #113
myosis
Minion of Satan

Catherine Wheel! i just submitted your test to my ex who has a masters in psychometrics and she loves it! she's abandoning as we speak all the expensive licensed shitty 3-hour tests she's been studying and giving to clients and will from now on focus entirely on your project. though she suggests removing one of the archetypes so there are just two easily recognizable classes of people in the world. in short, you're either a rightie or a leftie. everyone will benefit greatly!
send me an email!

Old 10-14-2017, 03:12 AM   #114
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
I'm offering something worthwhile for netphoria. But most people here just would rather wallow in all this nihilism and continue on in that way.
I'm a psychologist too, did i ever tell that on here? Not that you're have to be one to see this is the definition of arrogance right here. And arrogance is always related to feelings of insecurity about yourself. That's why you never take any criticism seriously, you simply get more arrogant and dismiss it like the person giving you the criticism can't be taken seriously. This is when people will lash out to you, because you basically continuously say you're above the nihilism of this board, and still keep asking for favours.

I suppose this is what you do on other forums too, dismiss any criticism and feel encouraged by any pats on the back given. But it's never going to be enough to take away your personal insecurity issues. Which is why you keep coming back.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:31 AM   #115
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I didn't know there were nihilists here. Who are they? Poots?

Old 10-14-2017, 03:33 AM   #116
FoolofaTook

It's gotta be cropumpkins! I bet you he's a nihilist, the goddamn slav!

Old 10-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #117
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

what the hell, say about this test what you will, but this thread has now 115 posts to shit CW into the ground, entire paragraphs of it, yet nobody spent even a 10th of that time to simply fucking do it.

do you guys miss the banned boarders and need some punching bag or what is this

Old 10-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #118
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

I think it's a mix of genuine bafflement/amusement that he is delusional enough to believe his test is worth anything + taking the principled stance that pseudoscience is harmful in psychology and shouldn't be indulged + lack of patience for someone who spends a lot of time here but doesn't treat anyone like they are actual human beings. He dehumanizes people all the time (not out of malice, I suspect, but because he seems incapable to). It's kind of sad when you think about it, but at the same time it's hard to feel sorry for a grown man who treats people like things. It's one of those cases where you want to be understanding and compassionate about something that is possibly a mental illness, but that still doesn't change the fact that his behavior is pretty toxic.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #119
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

It's just really strange to me because I don't even come here that often, and I post even less, but I'm still fond of quite a few people here, even if only as passing acquaintances. But when CW posts, whatever it is that binds people together - I don't sense it at all. Most of the time it's easy enough to ignore it, no harm in allowing him to do his own thing, oblivious to everyone else. But it's pretty insulting for him to come here and overtly tell people they are only good as tests subjects for his ridiculous project.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #120
FoolofaTook

I thought the test and this thread was a troll thing. Isn't CW someone's troll?