Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #181
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

don't know and don't care what you are, but might I interest you in our thread to learn English? You seem to have severe issues to spell transgender.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #182
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
More whataboutism for when you are too stupid to make an actual point
You're welcome to learn what terms mean before you actually use them.

"Whataboutism" is used to describe when people dismiss a problem because a different problem exists.

Nobody is using anti-Semitism to dismiss the existence of transphobia. An analogy was used to illustrate the principle that making an attack on one's social group isn't made permissible by that member of that social group being a bad person.

Using an analogy to make an argument in this way is actually the opposite of "whataboutism," because instead of using the existence of one problem to dismiss the importance of another, it's invoking another problem to address exaclty why the original one being spoken about is a problem. The fact that this isn't apparent to you suggests a deficiency in comprehending simple arguments on your part. Which makes your charges against others' argumentative abilities all the funnier.

If you think I'm wrong, the task before you is to explain the relevant differences between my example and your trans-identity-based attacks upon Jenner that make one permissible and the other not. If you are unable to do that, you must either accept both as permissible, or both as unacceptable.

Or you could choose the option of evading the argument and making another irrelevant point, as has been your usual M.O.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #183
Lt_Beans_McGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
don't know and don't care what you are, but might I interest you in our thread to learn English? You seem to have severe issues to spell transgender.
"You seem to have severe issues to spell transgender"
flame me more for my literacy, you sjw reddit fag

Old 10-25-2018, 09:44 PM   #184
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

You want productivity, here's a question I find provoking, if for no other reason that it comes up as a legal issue: should women have to share the women's restroom with men who self identify as women? If yes, then what, if anything, does the man-who-believe's-he's-a-woman have to do to prove their woman-like enough to justify sharing a restroom with actual women?

Old 10-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #185
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

ok here comes netphoria to solve the world's problems

why don't we stick with pronouns, the original discussion, and respecting people by using their preferred one

Old 10-25-2018, 09:48 PM   #186
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt_Beans_McGood View Post
sjw reddit fag
so close, but thank you for adding another slur to your posts in this thread. and we are done here, have a nice evening, dear thread.