Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2019, 10:42 PM   #2581
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's like that old showbiz saying, "it's better that they're talking trash about you as opposed to not talking about you at all"
What I don't get is Billy is worth something like $50 million, and his job description doesn't require him to read what people say about him on the internet. If I had that amount of money and wasn't required to read shit about me online, you can bet your ass I wouldn't. I've had this exact same conversation privately with some other people I cover on the site, for some reason they just can't help it.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:47 PM   #2582
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
That's fucked why they would ban you dude. You'd figure groups like those would be happy to have you as a part of their communities considering how renown you are around the 90's alt-rock circles. One would figure these folks would be thankful that you managed to score the first real interview in ages with the beloved classic SP bassist, but it oddly isn't the case. I suppose a lot of these folks are just Billy sycophants, which makes it all the weirder.
The irony is if they still had me in that Sad Machines group last year, it's possible I could have reached out to Billy through one of his intermediaries on there right when the D'arcy thing was happening, and maybe gotten them to talk. Probably not, but you never know. The fact that I'm even saying this shows that Billy thinking I just wanted D'arcy to unload on him is incorrect. Fuck, if the original lineup actually reunited, that'd be better long term business for me, because people would be more invested in clicking 'Smashing Pumpkins' news if it was the real band with all four members.

I think what a lot of these forums/fan sites hate about me is I do get news from them, but that is my job, and fansites/forums are some of the best sources on the internet for news. Also the stories I post aren't all worshipping and can be about unpleasant stuff. It's sex, drugs, and rock and roll. If they want boring shit they should read news about the Jonas Brothers reunion or something.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:55 PM   #2583
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
What I don't get is Billy is worth something like $50 million, and his job description doesn't require him to read what people say about him on the internet. If I had that amount of money and wasn't required to read shit about me online, you can bet your ass I wouldn't. I've had this exact same conversation privately with some other people I cover on the site, for some reason they just can't help it.
Exactly. I don't get it man. If I was paid millions of dollars to just fuck around on my guitar and make music, I'd be over the moon. I wouldn't care less what folks on the net say, as long as I was moving tickets. And really, the internet is just a cesspool of haters in any corner that one turns to so it shouldn't be hard to take it with a grain of salt.

I think maybe Corgan just has the excuse up his sleeve for convenient use.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #2584
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
The irony is if they still had me in that Sad Machines group last year, it's possible I could have reached out to Billy through one of his intermediaries on there right when the D'arcy thing was happening, and maybe gotten them to talk. Probably not, but you never know. The fact that I'm even saying this shows that Billy thinking I just wanted D'arcy to unload on him is incorrect. Fuck, if the original lineup actually reunited, that'd be better long term business for me, because people would be more invested in clicking 'Smashing Pumpkins' news if it was the real band with all four members.

I think what a lot of these forums/fan sites hate about me is I do get news from them, but that is my job, and fansites/forums are some of the best sources on the internet for news. Also the stories I post aren't all worshipping and can be about unpleasant stuff. It's sex, drugs, and rock and roll. If they want boring shit they should read news about the Jonas Brothers reunion or something.
lol well I will say one thing, with your D'arcy scoops, you're in a big way directly responsible for taking a HUGE shine off of the whole Smashing Pumpkins reunion deal hahaha. You totally pulled the curtain back and exposed the whole shit-show in epic fashion. But hey, that's the name of journalism at the end of the day. At least it should be.

I think the fact that you're so involved online is one of the advantages you have with Alt Nation. A lot of these sites just post stories from the AP line or whatever and then you see hundreds of sites across the web running the same story daily and that's not all that interesting. It is funny how often I see sites running stories directly from a scoop you've found though. That's gotta be a pain in the ass sometimes, eh?

Old 03-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #2585
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Pot calling kettle black when he regularly bullies and namecalls people on Instagram for asking excited and supportive questions he simply doesn’t like.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #2586
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
someone pull up what he said to that person here who he had a dispute with over guitar pedals...

does anyone have this?? i want to see it next to bill's words of wisdom about bullying

devi ever, was that the username?

Last edited by wHATcOLOR : 03-10-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #2587
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i thought that was her actual name

Old 03-10-2019, 11:44 PM   #2588
wHATcOLOR

i don't know man, i just wanna see the text right next to bill's little sermon

Old 03-11-2019, 12:02 AM   #2589
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
No kidding, my mind went right there when he starts preaching about “hate”

Also, can we please meditate for a moment or 2 on his attempt to wield the recent suicides as a reason we all need to be more like sad machines. That’s straight disrespectful and gross if u ask me

Like Chris Cornell died so big willie could bully me on instagram to go gentler on bill when i post to netphoria

THANKS CHRIS MISS U

Old 03-11-2019, 01:22 AM   #2590
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
lol well I will say one thing, with your D'arcy scoops, you're in a big way directly responsible for taking a HUGE shine off of the whole Smashing Pumpkins reunion deal hahaha. You totally pulled the curtain back and exposed the whole shit-show in epic fashion. But hey, that's the name of journalism at the end of the day. At least it should be.

I think the fact that you're so involved online is one of the advantages you have with Alt Nation. A lot of these sites just post stories from the AP line or whatever and then you see hundreds of sites across the web running the same story daily and that's not all that interesting. It is funny how often I see sites running stories directly from a scoop you've found though. That's gotta be a pain in the ass sometimes, eh?
It's okay, I usually get scoops up several hours before other sites lift it. Also I specifically post stuff a lot that they probably think is too weird/niche when those stories actually get big numbers. I think they avoid certain stuff too so they can keep up nice PR relationships. I could give a fuck about those anymore though, they just result in lame interviews with stuff than nobody cares about.

Also these sites just running the 'AP/press release line' are slipping, I recently passed up Loudwire traffic wise in the United States (the only place that matters financially). Alternative Nation just hit 400,000 hits today for the first time.

When it comes to the interview that we've discussed to ad nauseum, like I said, don't shoot the messenger. D'arcy told me the night of the interview that Rolling Stone had reached out to her, so if it hadn't been me, it would have been them, but probably not as in-depth since they wouldn't be as invested in this as I am. Billy should have a bigger problem with that New York Times writer who tried to make him look like a dick.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:22 AM   #2591
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:

dear jay,

forwarded are the requested memos. pls be sure not to miss the 4 o'clock.

-jay

Quote:
you ugly piece of shit…if i ever run into you, anywhere, at anytime, for as long as i live, i will knock your fucking lights out. don’t ever come near me, and if i hear even one more peep out of you in public about me, or the band, or the members of the band, i am gonna sue you for so much you’ll never be able to afford so much as to even make a fucking guitar cable.
Quote:
you fucked up, you know it, so eat shit, shut the fuck up and accept you’ve attacked someone who tried to HELP YOU. but addicts and self-destructive people like you who HATE THEMSELVES must turn their hate out. if this is what you have to do to not kill your unhappy self, well then i’d say it was a wise decision. beyond that, you are fucking lame, dumb, and so so ugly.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:30 AM   #2592
wHATcOLOR

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
dear jay,

forwarded are the requested memos. pls be sure not to miss the 4 o'clock.

-jay

thank you kind sir. i'll be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the exact same person who made the little sermon above
you ugly piece of shit…if i ever run into you, anywhere, at anytime, for as long as i live, i will knock your fucking lights out. don’t ever come near me, and if i hear even one more peep out of you in public about me, or the band, or the members of the band, i am gonna sue you for so much you’ll never be able to afford so much as to even make a fucking guitar cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the exact same person who made the little sermon above
you fucked up, you know it, so eat shit, shut the fuck up and accept you’ve attacked someone who tried to HELP YOU. but addicts and self-destructive people like you who HATE THEMSELVES must turn their hate out. if this is what you have to do to not kill your unhappy self, well then i’d say it was a wise decision. beyond that, you are fucking lame, dumb, and so so ugly.

it really is quite amazing. it calls to mind melania trump deciding to make preventing cyberbullying her key issue of focus and yet her husband is one of the biggest bullies out there on twitter. but this is even richer because it's only one single person doing both of the opposite things here

Old 03-11-2019, 02:02 AM   #2593
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
The 'third rate' diss a few months ago is the only one specifically at me that I've seen.
I mean, whoever wrote this I can see being a bit of a third-rate clickbait "writer".
https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...-cobain-death/

We know goddamn well Melissa is NOT a "Smashing Pumpkins icon" (or at least the one anyone in their right mind would think of when reading the headline) and "bold truth" is debatable.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:20 AM   #2594
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Billy reads Netphoria because we are some of the only people still engaging with all of his new work, albeit it with a great deal of black humor and outright trolling.

Where else on the entire internet are there multiple threads discussing tracks from "Shiny" in detail? And the threads here are not entirely negative; probably 30-40% of the people still posting defend the new stuff.

$50 million buys a lot, but if you're an artist and you want attention, it can't buy fans who still care enough to react and respond. Some of us have been thinking critically about this band for 20+ years. If you care at all about what you're creating as a musician, it would be incredibly hard to shut out such a significant portion of the people who still care.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:32 AM   #2595
wHATcOLOR

looks like i picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue

Old 03-11-2019, 04:17 AM   #2596
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Is this the same guy who wrote all that hateful crap to the pedal maker, now saying that bullying should not be tolerated ever

Anything else you wanna throw at us from that glass house there

Old 03-11-2019, 04:56 AM   #2597
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

The pedal maker? The one who said she wanted to punch Mike Byrne in the face?

Old 03-11-2019, 06:31 AM   #2598
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Lol. Bolzi talking about bullying?
Isnt he the master of bullying?
Didnt he shit on james, darcy, jimmy, deerhunter, on fans etc...?

Funny.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:01 AM   #2599
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I think maybe Corgan just has the excuse up his sleeve for convenient use.
This. It’s always been an excuse.

The best album he ever recorded is just sat there. Deliberately with-holding material. Blaming unpopular decisions on hatephoria rather than the real reason: lack of interest or lack of faith in his own work.

He must realise there is a correlation between pleasing the fans here, and pleasing critics and a mainstream audience.

Netphorians are generally smart and care about SP. He’s done some sort of transference where we’re the abusers crushing his creativity. Rather than face up to his own poor judgement. Although occasionally in interviews he appears to acknowledge this and appears rational. Then the next interview he’ll be totally losing it and talking about conspiracies and shapeshifters.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #2600
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Also, Netphoria was completely born from the venom, vitriol, cynicism and criticism that Billy expressed on stage and in interviews 24/7 throughout the mid to late 90s.

He might hate the monster he inspired, but he has only but himself to blame. He surely can't use the excuse "But I've grown up since the 90s," either, because he still bullies the fuck out of people on Instagram, and pretty much every other outlet.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #2601
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

he still bullies the fuck out of people on Instagram, and pretty much every other outlet.[/quote]

True that.

Anyone interested in 2 sp tickets for the concert in prague?
I dont wanna go anymore

Old 03-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #2602
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
He brings it upon himself.....he asked the question, ”if I were dead would my records sell ?” A few fans said, “well, yeah, probably more so “.
It's been more than that, and I don't see how he "brings it upon himself" that there were threads dedicated to when his kid will die, and posts when and how a dang toddler should die (on here as well), or things like - repeatedly - "go kill yourself." that shit wasn't funny when we were all 12, and isn't funny today, either.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #2603
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

That’s a shame, I loved that about his solo gigs.
But which songs and places online is he referring to?

I remember Orange Burnt Black and Bless Me/Red Dirt being premiered live, and that was well received (including on here), people still ask him years later for a release of these songs or any other recording, which he keeps declining. So I’m not following what he's talking about.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:57 AM   #2604
Kahlo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
that there were threads dedicated to when his kid will die, and posts when and how a dang toddler should die (on here as well)
I don't remember threads about this - but that is beyond the pale. Fucking hell.

Probably should start banning people for that kind of posting.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #2605
pavementtune

These threads (and posts, for the most part) have been deleted, and yes I agree, the culprits stopped by now, which is good enough, I think.

The "kill yourself" shit would require us to read all of the content, which nobody does. Personally I count on others to simply hit the report button on posts like that so we find it. It's one thing to rant on here, including insults and what have you, or criticism of the music or the artist. but anything that includes wishing death on anyone (or cancer really, because come the fuck on, not funny, either) is crossing several lines people should simply have, online or offline, we are NOT 12 after all.

I'm personally not ok with "jokingly saying someone should kill themselves", but I don't think there has ever been an agreement on here. I simply don't see how deleting "I hope you die/you should kill yourself" etc. is censorship, because if that is an opinion you want to express, you have a fucking problem to begin with.
That's coming from someone who lost several people to suicide, and I still see both in private and in my work environment what outright hate and death wishes expressed online can do to the targets, and I simply fail to see how any of it falls under "entertaining myself online." you might get a laugh out of it for solid 2 seconds, but this shit actually gets to people.

Last edited by pavementtune : 03-11-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #2606
Kahlo

I think if anyone pays attention they can see for the most part that the community is largely self-regulating. It just seems easier to 'trash talk' and say that everything here is negative, when in reality it's one of the few places with fairly objective views of the music at times.

I'd much rather that than the endless lickspittle behaviour of Sad Machines etc. I can't believe that a musician would want endless fawning either, but I do understand the push back against the worst elements here, which can be fairly tiresome even for boarders.

It might be a nice gesture to flag up something along the lines of not tolerating certain types of extreme behaviour - but whether it makes any difference remains to be seen.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:17 AM   #2607
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post

It might be a nice gesture to flag up something along the lines of not tolerating certain types of extreme behaviour - but whether it makes any difference remains to be seen.
yea, that's gonna go up right next to the FAQ and common rules what is acceptable and not acceptable, I think someone has been writing that since 1999, any minute now!
(actually, if anyone who is English native and can spell, can come up with like 3 lines what we do not want to see on here, I could at least sticky it. I simply shouldn't write it because Montese-English.)

Self-regulation should work in theory, and I think it does? At least now that this community here is so small. Anyway. It would be nice if he could make a point now and then without mixing up several realities, and without sounding like a fucking hypocrite since he entertains himself by choosing to publish Instagram replies with "that is why you will never get laid" and facilitating a social media game that ended in "boycott that bitch" army going after D'arcy, including his own staff, including himself, including turning a domestic abuse picture into a "guess this battered rock star game."

In short, Corgan can still go fuck himself, he never even apologized for that battered rock star game of his dear friend Mancow he still supports but now preaches about online bullying, are you fucking kidding me.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #2608
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
I mean, whoever wrote this I can see being a bit of a third-rate clickbait "writer".
https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...-cobain-death/

We know goddamn well Melissa is NOT a "Smashing Pumpkins icon" (or at least the one anyone in their right mind would think of when reading the headline) and "bold truth" is debatable.
lol I hate when sites do this, but like Brett said, everyone does it. I saw some headline the other day that said "The Star of School Of Rock charged with 2 felonies" and I was like "holy shit! I wonder what Jack Black did" and I click the link and it's a story about a guy who played one of the children in the movie.

Another erroneous one I saw awhile back was "Seinfeld star commits suicide". I'm all shocked and click and it turns out it's a guy who played George's boss for a few episodes in one of the later seasons.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 03-11-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #2609
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
(actually, if anyone who is English native and can spell, can come up with like 3 lines what we do not want to see on here, I could at least sticky it. I simply shouldn't write it because Montese-English.)
1. Mind you're grammer.
2. No attacking other ppl's self-of-steam.
3. Pls respeckt Foolf's father and BORIS.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #2610
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

srsly tho i do not remember ppl talking about airplane mode or her kids dying. that's really fucked up.