Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Default ca we talk about the judge who sentenced the 19 y/o to a 25 year sex offender status?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/03/us/dat...try/index.html

Kid is fucked. Good luck getting a job as a 19/20 year old sex offender with no employment experience.

This girl admitted lying about her age. The mother of the underage girl even testified on his behalf in court. And the guy tried to take a plea deal, but the judge overturned it based on his personal opinion... I'm going to ******* it now several times for emphasis:

That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, have sex, hook up, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/images/2/26/DennisWiley.jpg

Old 08-04-2015, 05:58 PM   #3
Elphenor
Braindead

She was 14 tho

grosssss

Old 08-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

Old 08-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

My first time was when I was 14 with my step aunt. She was 22. I would have felt like shit if she'd been put in jail for 25 yrs. Especially since she was a single mother

Old 08-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #6
Shallowed
Braindead

Anthony Keidis to thread

Old 08-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #7
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

yeah no i really don't see how you could plausibly honestly believe that any 14-year-old was of age by looking at them. Regardless of if she lied about her age, some part of that dude must have known she wasn't of the age of consent surely.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #8
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
yeah no i really don't see how you could plausibly honestly believe that any 14-year-old was of age by looking at them. Regardless of if she lied about her age, some part of that dude must have known she wasn't of the age of consent surely.
I don't think this is necessarily true.

The more egregious thing here is the judge's reasoning. Didn't even mention her age. Afaik anyway

Old 08-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #9
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

so no mattter what the victim - the girl - says, like it was consensual, she lied, she doesn't want him to be the one fucked over by this - it doesn't matter?

can't that guy appeal or something, I mean not even being allowed to live at home - because 15 year old brother - that's just insane.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #10
Eulogy
huh

He can appeal but Im not sure he'd have much of a shot.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #11
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

On the one hand I think if the victim acknowledges that she hasnt been severely impacted, that should be given consideration. But that does potentially open the door to some uncomfortable conversations about victims either being coerced into lying about the impact or stockholm syndrome.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #12
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

yea true, I didn't consider next girl who did not consent could be pressured to say she did after a ruling like that.

reminds me of that story, fucked up, too

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...turkey.germany

Old 08-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #13
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

A decent alternative might be to label it as assault or something and taking out the sex crime element. I'm not sure if he should be in jail or not or if he should have been charged with something, but in light of the circumstances I think taking out the sex offender element might be appropriate.

People need to start getting ID of people of questionable legal age before they have sex with them. That is just a fact of our society now.

Also, fuck that judge.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:05 PM   #14
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

cue vixnix "all you hornbags should be put down for even suggesting that man shouldn't have his life ruined because all life experience is directly correlative to my own personal life experience" rant in 3... 2... 1...

Old 08-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #15
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
no? that might be easier to believe for the sake of moral clarity, but there are definitely girls of that age who could pass as adults, although I'm not saying it is common... Regardless, isn't the age of consent determined by a 2-4 year differentiation in most places? I'm sure the article says but I read about this awhile ago and would rather just respond with similar outrage to this fucking idiot judge's social engineering attempts. Anyway, all he really had to believe was that she was within 2 years of him or something, and there is no way you can argue there are no 14 year-olds who look 16 or 17.

Look the judge up, he's been in trouble before.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:21 PM   #16
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Ballotpedia – Dennis M. Wiley

Quote:
LaRue Ford came to the Niles courthouse on December 4, 2012, to pay traffic fines and remove a hold on her drivers license. Court clerks said that she used profanities when told that she needed to pay a $45 reinstatement fee to remove the suspension. Judge Wiley overheard the clerks talking about the interaction with Ford, and ordered that she be sent to his courtroom when she came back. Upon her return, Wiley charged Ford with contempt of court set a bail of $5,000 or 10 percent. After spending a night in jail, the $500 bail was posted and she left. During the hearing on December 18, Wiley increased the bail to $5,000 in cash, and Ford spent another 10 nights in jail.[8]

The bond was lowered and Ford was released on December 28, after the American Civil Liberties Union filed an appeal of bond, which was approved by Judge Alfred Butzbaugh. The county prosecutor declined to prosecute her contempt of court charge, and the charge was dropped by Judge Charles LaSata on January 11.[8]

The Judicial Tenure Commission found that Wiley violated the following canons of the Michigan Code of Judicial Conduct:

3A(1): "he did not faithfully execute the law and maintain his professional competence when he commenced indirect contempt proceedings based only on unsworn conversations with his staff"[9]
3A(4): "he received communications regarding Ms. Ford’s conduct from court staff, after the commencement of proceedings, and directed staff to provide the information to the prosecuting attorney and directed staff to prepare affidavits concerning the events of December 4, 2012 and did not advise Ms. Ford’s counsel of these communications"[9]
clearly this guy is a fucking nut who should be stripped of his office.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:36 PM   #17
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
cue vixnix "all you hornbags should be put down for even suggesting that man shouldn't have his life ruined because all life experience is directly correlative to my own personal life experience" rant in 3... 2... 1...
I don't feel too much sympathy for this guy. He knew what he was doing and who he was doing it with, and did it anyway.

It's incredibly obvious once the ball starts rolling, who is 18 and an adult, and who is 14 and still a child. And actually, a lot of people are not that excited by really young teenagers, because they're fairly normal in their tastes and like partners of an appropriate age. So this guy is an outlier IMO.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #18
Eulogy
huh

Many judges are dumb dickheads on power trips. Shock of shocks.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #19
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I don't feel too much sympathy for this guy. He knew what he was doing and who he was doing it with, and did it anyway.

It's incredibly obvious once the ball starts rolling, who is 18 and an adult, and who is 14 and still a child. And actually, a lot of people are not that excited by really young teenagers, because they're fairly normal in their tastes and like partners of an appropriate age. So this guy is an outlier IMO.
No, he didn't know who he was doing it with. That is the whole point.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #20
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I don't think that's a tenable argument. I think it's one that is likely to be made, and because the majority of people have not been in that situation, it seems feasible. And I can understand that.

But he knew. The isn't any way that he didn't know.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #21
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Also, this.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #22
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I don't think that's a tenable argument. I think it's one that is likely to be made, and because the majority of people have not been in that situation, it seems feasible. And I can understand that.

But he knew. The isn't any way that he didn't know.
There is no way you can know this. So don't pretend to.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #23
vixnix
Socialphobic

you're right. I say that based on my own experiences as a 14 year old with several older guys, and the differences in their responses to me being open to getting into bed with them and taking my clothes off.

But in my own experience, and my experience of knowing the guys that fucked my underage friends...truths like that are inescapable.

Human sexual interaction just tends to reveal things like maturity and sexual experience and at some level, people just know, instinctively, what they're dealing with.

At that point, there's a difference between people who stop what they're doing, put the clothes back on the child, and cuddle them to sleep like a proper adult...and those who become excited by the power imbalance and use it to get their rocks off even harder. It's actually pretty hard to have sex with a 14 year old, unless you're a fucking sicko. Usually that lack of sexual maturity is a turn off.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:03 PM   #24
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Yeah most are ex-cops, which is a fraternity of the highest-level douchebag asshole.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #25
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Yeah most are ex-cops, which is a fraternity of the highest-level douchebag asshole.
What no they're not

Old 08-04-2015, 11:27 PM   #26
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

What wonderful paradise do you call home?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #27
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I was taken advantage of by a 19 year old predator when I was 14. He knew exactly what he was doing, however I don't think it's clear that this dude definitely knew she was 14, considering the input from the child herself. If he knew, absolutely, this sentence is appropriate or at least in the realm of appropriate.

I also could have easily passed for 18 at 14. I moved away with this guy when I was 15 and he was 20, and no one ever noticed any kind of big age difference. That's how it was easier to get away with.

I digress. I think it is possible he didn't know she was 14. Perhaps he was completely sexually inexperienced himself. I have no idea. Maybe he absolutely knew or had and idea and got off on it. I don't know. But either is possible.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #28
Shallowed
Braindead

But all girls everywhere become physically mature at exactly the same rate

Old 08-04-2015, 11:36 PM   #29
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
What wonderful paradise do you call home?
Illinois..? Is that really the case in PA?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:38 PM   #30
Eulogy
huh

Police officers would not have any training relating to like 80% of cases (and probably not much with regard to the other 20% either tbh).