Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-10-2016, 12:06 AM   #31
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
why was jimmy never charged with the murder of melvoin?

You guys think the Melvoin family hates jimmy? billy? the whole SP camp????
From ROLLING STONE:
According to Wendy Melvoin, her family was not told by either Jonathan or the Pumpkins organization of the Lisbon incident, a miscalculation that she feels might have cost her brother his life. "Mostly, I wish the wife had been informed," she says. "We don't hold anybody responsible for any of this. Jimmy, Jonathan, did this with their own hands. But at the same time, if we could have just been told, maybe we could have said something to him. Whether or not he'd be pissed off or humiliated because he got busted, I don't give a fuck. He'd be alive."
Wendy Melvoin says her family is not considering civil litigation against Jimmy Chamberlin or the Pumpkins. As to whether she feels Chamberlin or the group bear any moral responsibility in connection with Jonathan's death, Wendy admits, "I don't know how to answer that. I know that Jimmy can answer some questions for us. My brother certainly wasn't a 2-year-old. He was 34 years old and had a mind of his own. But somehow they found this love triangle together, and it got nuts."
"I want everybody to understand that Jonathan had absolute, total respect and love for Billy and Jimmy and that band," she adds. "I can hear him saying to me right now, 'I didn't mean this. I didn't mean this to happen at all."

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 02-10-2016 at 12:12 AM.