Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2018, 07:37 PM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
I know it varies, but when you have a small section of a pit next to the stage at a huge arena or stadium, aren't those the most expensive tickets? I am not sure he is really going to make much more money by replacing 50 of the 300 or so chair seats with a pit.

It is well known that Billy doesn't like moshing for the safety issues. Pits encourage that.
Well, from what I've read the seats closest to the stage go for 1500 down to about 700. I suppose it doesn't make a big difference as GNR was charging something like 375 for pit tickets if memory serves me correctly.

I wasn't aware that Billy was such a stickler about moshing. I guess when I think of SP and their original energy I imagine the Lollapalooza shows and the Vieuphoria footage.. I was surprised to hear that they had a seating floor for MCIS shows too... No wonder their peers always thought they were lame. Hard to imagine anyone moshing or being rowdy at a SP show nowadays though.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 03-14-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #32
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Also, if you really want to talk Guns N' Roses, Ferrer was not a good replacement for Adler, Sorum, or Brain.
I've never understood the Ferrer hate. Guy has a huge sound, he's a great drummer. I suppose it loses a bit of that punk/raw flavor that Adler brought, but he's every bit as good as Sorum or Brain.

I think it just annoys people that since he's a black guy, he doesn't fit with the rock and roll GNR image (even though Slash is half black)

Old 03-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #33
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I can't think of any other band that has such a giant legacy based on essentially one record.

Sex Pistols?
Yeah but Never Mind the Bollocks actually rocks at least

Old 03-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #34
fuzzyroes
Banned

Have you ever spun Appetite for Destruction? C'mon, that's a great album.... Night Train, Mr. Brownstone... That's some quality rock music.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #35
Shallowed
Braindead

ok

Old 03-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #36
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I've never understood the Ferrer hate. Guy has a huge sound, he's a great drummer. I suppose it loses a bit of that punk/raw flavor that Adler brought, but he's every bit as good as Sorum or Brain.

I think it just annoys people that since he's a black guy, he doesn't fit with the rock and roll GNR image (even though Slash is half black)

You are aware he’s Cuban not black you racist fuck? He talks about that in almost every interview he has ever given.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:16 AM   #37
fuzzyroes
Banned

racist?

Come on, he looks like a black guy

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110620192712

My apologies though, didn't know he was Cuban

Old 03-15-2018, 12:24 AM   #38
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Well, from what I've read the seats closest to the stage go for 1500 down to about 700. I suppose it doesn't make a big difference as GNR was charging something like 375 for pit tickets if memory serves me correctly.

I wasn't aware that Billy was such a stickler about moshing. I guess when I think of SP and their original energy I imagine the Lollapalooza shows and the Vieuphoria footage.. I was surprised to hear that they had a seating floor for MCIS shows too... No wonder their peers always thought they were lame. Hard to imagine anyone moshing or being rowdy at a SP show nowadays though.
you know someone got crushed to death at an sp show right?

Old 03-15-2018, 07:11 AM   #39
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
he never treated anyone in GNR the way Billy treated D’Arcy.
This is probably not true.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #40
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Dublin 1996.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #41
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
racist?

Come on, he looks like a black guy

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110620192712

My apologies though, didn't know he was Cuban
I was just teasing. People make the mistake all the time. I would equate Frank to Mike Byrne in Smashing Pumpkins. He's a great drummer, but just not the right fit for Guns N' Roses in my opinion. I really think Adler, Sorum, and even Brain played the songs better than Frank. It has nothing to do with the fact that he's of Cuban heritage and "looks like a black guy."

Old 03-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #42
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but that was as a result of festival negligence. You're not gonna get that kind of madness at an arena gig... Especially not in 2018 with their fan-base.

I realize someone also died in Vancouver at a gig in 2007 also, but that was a result of drugs. I heard the guy was blitzed on MDMA or something.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #43
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I was just teasing. People make the mistake all the time. I would equate Frank to Mike Byrne in Smashing Pumpkins. He's a great drummer, but just not the right fit for Guns N' Roses in my opinion. I really think Adler, Sorum, and even Brain played the songs better than Frank. It has nothing to do with the fact that he's of Cuban heritage and "looks like a black guy."
I do agree that he is a little big sounding (for lack of a better description) on some of the grittier stuff, but come on... No fucking way is he as bad as Byrne. I'm honestly not bothered at all when watching/hearing Frank in the group. It's a little bit different at times I'll admit, but I don't find it to be in a detrimental way, it still kicks ass whereas Byrne really held back the chemistry of the group.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #44
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Yeah, but that was as a result of festival negligence.
no it wasn't even a festival, why do you always make shit up? it was an 8k concert venue in Dublin, and can happen in just about any pit with pushing and crowd surfing.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #45
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

I personally loved GNR more with Sorum. Something about Ferrer's playing is off with GNR tracks. I'm sure he's a great drummer, but something with GNR tracks feels off, too rigid. Reminds me of when Billy had Brad Wilk on drums and it sounded bad.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #46
fuzzyroes
Banned

Lol sorry I missed the sarcasm, I just sometimes feel like a beaten dog around here so it's sometimes hard to tell when someones just breaking my balls :P

Old 03-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #47
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
no it wasn't even a festival, why do you always make shit up? it was an 8k concert venue in Dublin, and can happen in just about any pit with pushing and crowd surfing.
So because one tragic thing happened as a result of a promoter once he's gonna act like a prude for the rest of his life? It's illogical. If he's so concerned then maybe just stop performing live altogether. Grunge rockers are supposed to have a little chaos and intensity in their audience.... Not this fucking Journey shit.

Crowds like that are lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 03-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #48
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

as much as I love Bully giving shit, complaining about no crowd surfing and no mosh pits - at 50 year olds doing 90s hits in front of middle aged parents in an arena - is pretty fucking hilarious.

jump to rat in a cage like it's 1995 in Eurotrashlandia, yay!

Old 03-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #49
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
So because one tragic thing happened as a result of a promoter once he's gonna act like a prude for the rest of his life? It's illogical. If he's so concerned then maybe just stop performing live altogether. Grunge rockers are supposed to have a little chaos and intensity in their audience.... Not this fucking Journey shit.
grow the fuck up. they've had GA tours since that happened, too. this time they don't. boo hoo. maybe some people want to be in the front row without having to worry about a drunk 35-year-old wannabe fratboy punching them in the neck

i was at the front of a GA SP show in 2008, btw, and there was very little movement in the crowd.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:32 PM   #50
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
as much as I love Bully giving shit, complaining about no crowd surfing and no mosh pits - at 50 year olds doing 90s hits in front of middle aged parents in an arena - is pretty fucking hilarious.

...speaking of bands playing 90's songs...I just stumbled upon this video...a Nirvana tribute band (2017 live performance)...I doubt the SP audience is gonna be as energetic this summer.

>>>

Old 03-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #51
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Ha!...crazy...probably one of the best tribute bands out there.

>>>

Old 03-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #52
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
probably one of the best tribute bands out there.
the "world's best" led zep tribute band played my state fair once. my dad's friend plays in the "worlds best" ad/dc tribute band. it's all very sad.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #53
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/11...g?v=1490340543

CASH REWARDS

Old 03-16-2018, 09:16 PM   #54
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
grow the fuck up. they've had GA tours since that happened, too. this time they don't. boo hoo. maybe some people want to be in the front row without having to worry about a drunk 35-year-old wannabe fratboy punching them in the neck

i was at the front of a GA SP show in 2008, btw, and there was very little movement in the crowd.
Floor tickets allow everyone to pay a flat rate fee and let everyone go where they chose... "Grow the fuck up".... Yeah, like some of us really want to pay 1000 dollars just so we can be on the floor with a decent view of the band at a Smashing Pumpkins concert.

You seem to be a bigger Billy apologist now that you're partaking over at Sad Machines. Get over yourself already.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 03-16-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #55
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:

Not complaining about crowd surfing or mosh pits... I'm complaining about no general admission floor tickets. When I saw Green Day at their biggest in 2007 they charged 65 dollars for GA floor tickets and that was the most expensive ticket in the venue...Excuse me for wondering where the hell Billy Corgan gets off charging more than a thousand dollars per ticket for his nostalgia bullshit.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #56
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
fuck, I wanna buy one! was at some nerd store yesterday with a million of those things. Would've looked if I knew those were on the market.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #57
pavementtune

Quote:
wondering where the hell Billy Corgan gets off
I think you answered that

Quote:
charging more than a thousand dollars per ticket for his nostalgia bullshit.
if I would do a classic sell out tour, then this is exactly what I'd do it for

Old 03-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #58
myosis
Minion of Satan

that guy tries so hard to look like kurt cobain i'm suprised he's not playing left-handed

Old 03-17-2018, 04:19 AM   #59
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Floor tickets allow everyone to pay a flat rate fee and let everyone go where they chose... "Grow the fuck up".... Yeah, like some of us really want to pay 1000 dollars just so we can be on the floor with a decent view of the band at a Smashing Pumpkins concert.

You seem to be a bigger Billy apologist now that you're partaking over at Sad Machines. Get over yourself already.
i'm not partaking at Sad Machines. they appear to know who i am and of course won't approve me. but i just want to see the spectacle anyway

i think it's stupid to pay 1000 to see SP but it's 2018, billy is 51 years old, and they're playing an oldies nostalgia tour. it's really not a big deal to not have a pit imo

Old 03-17-2018, 04:20 AM   #60
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Not complaining about crowd surfing or mosh pits... I'm complaining about no general admission floor tickets. When I saw Green Day at their biggest in 2007 they charged 65 dollars for GA floor tickets and that was the most expensive ticket in the venue...Excuse me for wondering where the hell Billy Corgan gets off charging more than a thousand dollars per ticket for his nostalgia bullshit.
in 2007 SP was doing GA too

billy is awful and the ticket prices are insane, definitely.