Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2003, 09:58 PM   #31
Axis of Action

I haven't picked that up yet, but I definitely mean to. Maybe I'll get it next... I just whizzed through Red Faction II, so that'll be good. I have to play Xenogears though, in preparation for XenoSaga in February. Gettin' that from a friend tomorrow. Maybe I'll pick up Metroid Prime tomorrow too and just gorge myself on games. Heh.

Old 01-05-2003, 11:09 PM   #32
Jeroen (Aagje)
Oblivious Virgin

Default Re: Willikers!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead

There was an Under Your Spell on the hub, sourced from the "Ignoffo Tape" I was told, but this was months earlier than all this leakage. I compared it to the leaked MP Under Your Spell later on, and it was of lesser quality than MP. It was much better than the one from the Coyle Tape though.
Yeah. Well, I gave it to Choob, and asked him to keep it to him, as I wanted to bonus it on some NSPAA thing. Well, that thing never happened - I'm not saying it was because of that though, so it's not really an issue. It was from the Ignoffo tape - it might have been used as an additional to the RTS tree (like most of the leftovers from that tape), but I guess OT-man thought it redundant since it was already out there.

There's a lot of text above this. I don't really feel like reading too much on webpages lately. Maybe I can add some insights/notions/stuff later. Maybe I should buy a printer

Be blissed
Jeroen
np: Bootsy Collins - Play with Bootsy (Discoboys remix)

Old 01-06-2003, 03:56 AM   #33
Mayfuck
Banned

Cool I'm in an FAQ!

Old 01-06-2003, 04:33 AM   #34
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sehki
Halteh... was the original date of Dave's FAQ correct? Sometime, late 90's? And when did Frekso attempt to complete it? 2000/2001?

there was previously an MP FAQ before.
on 11/26/2000, dave asselin posted on amsp:
"MP Breakdown"
-----
This is incomplete. I don't know when/if I will ever finish this,
but you may as well get some enjoyment out of it now. And if nothing else,
it will end the discussion of the 11.23.88 date confusion.

Side note: if there are no details in the descriptions on the first 3 discs,
it's because either the track is already circulating via the Coyle tape or
there is nothing notable/different about the track.

- Dave

-----

i saved this message. later, fresko asked me to email him the information from that post so he could work on completing the information. i only have outgoing emails saved going back to september 2001, so i would say that fresko started his work sometime between jan 2001 and sept 2001, though there's no way really for me personally to narrow it down any further.

Old 01-06-2003, 05:09 AM   #35
Chewbacca
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Cool I'm in an FAQ!
Mayfaq

Old 01-06-2003, 05:26 AM   #36
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca

Mayfaq
http://www.emotioneric.com/surprise-b.jpg

Old 01-06-2003, 07:17 AM   #37
severin
no more than sympathy

Default Re: For Educational Purposes Only

Quote:

I think that was the end of it until the 'full leak'. Oh, thats not including whatever tracks Mayfuck got out onto the hub post-Dec 6 when he tried to share the full thing. Looks like he showed up Dec 10.
in fact, he showed up on dec 19th, and shared the whole set. i don't know what anyone else got back then, but i got translucent at that occasion, and shared it afterwards. i guess i might be the only one who got anything from him, because he left directly after i finished that one song

Old 01-06-2003, 10:20 AM   #38
sarasvati
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah Sev, I was going to post that too, because there was a bit of buzz in the lineup at 2002.12.19 in Toronto that Mayfuck had come on the hub with the full thing shared. I think it was ****** who told me. This makes Sekhi's timeframe regarding the "full leak" much shorter because rather than the 18 days he somehow came up with from the unbanning of MP tracks on the hub, it's actually 4 days (from Mayfuck's first sharing) until the full leak occurred.

-Brandon

FUCK TO YOU i cooking for only for sarasvati!

Old 01-06-2003, 10:34 AM   #39
azvd
Ownz

Thumbs up

Quote:
I need... a video game. Yeah. A good video game.
Go get GTA: Vice City.

-AZVD.

Old 01-06-2003, 10:46 AM   #40
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Quote:
He initially tried to share the whole thing, but later it turned out his router was giving him problems.
Hahaha

Old 01-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #41
Axis of Action

Quote:
Originally posted by azvd

Go get GTA: Vice City.

Already did. Whiles ago. I got my eye on either Metroid Prime or the Sega Mega Collection... come on, it's all the classic Sonic games!

Quote:
Originally posted by severin

in fact, he showed up on dec 19th
That sounds better... as Brandon pointed out, it makes the timeframe shorter, which would make more sense in the entire situation (because the final leak ended up simply being a reaction to Mayfuck).

The original 18-day timespan came from Dec 4th - Dec 23rd, as I was trying to figure out what would cause MP to suddenly be shared as a whole. Which, in fact, was a 19-day span. I can't subtract. :erm

Old 01-06-2003, 12:09 PM   #42
Rens
Pledge

Location: Jimmy left his creativity in the discarded needles from the overdose. Change my mind.
Red face Re: <--- Informative

Quote:

- Sean
Stop acting leet!!

Old 01-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #43
Rens
Pledge

Location: Jimmy left his creativity in the discarded needles from the overdose. Change my mind.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Cool I'm in an FAQ!
I should be too with my Dutch translations! Nobody cares about them?

Old 01-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #44
Brandont_h
Ownz

Quote:
Originally posted by sarasvati

-Brandon
Ooops. Sorry ******. There's a plus one for your post count. I guess it shows how often I ever post on Netph. these days, doesn't it? hehe.

-Brandon

-- Doctor Hunter S. Thompson: 1937-2005

Old 01-06-2003, 04:36 PM   #45
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Cool For Educational Purposes Only

Quote:
Originally posted by severin
in fact, he showed up on dec 19th, and shared the whole set.
Well, I said he showed up on Dec 10 and that's according to my logs. He was asking whether STP had gotten out.

[2002-12-10 14:23] Oh.
[2002-12-10 14:23] Has STP been leaked?
[2002-12-10 14:24] Who has webspace?
[2002-12-10 14:24] So I can put up MP SHNS.
[2002-12-10 14:26] http://parusgreen.homestead.com/files/stp.mp3
[2002-12-10 14:26]
[2002-12-10 15:04] I tihnk I'm gonna go B+P MP (Gil excluded)

Then..

[2002-12-19 13:40] Heddo?
[2002-12-19 13:43] are u here to share the MP's?
[2002-12-19 13:43] I am share Mash Potato soon.
[2002-12-19 13:48] <******> hey i am sharing Not Worth Asking from Mp if anyone wants it
[2002-12-19 13:50] <******> you know what kicks ass is "the joker" from '92
[2002-12-19 13:54] Adam, you traded for the full MP?
[2002-12-19 13:55] <******> nah some cool guy hooked me up
[2002-12-19 13:55] <******> i wanna shn it all but i don't have any server space
[2002-12-19 13:55] fuck, why don't i have something like a leet roth hookup
[2002-12-19 13:56] maybe if 5 different people hosted each disc
[2002-12-19 13:57] My only obligation was that I not reveal who gave it to me 8-)
[2002-12-19 13:58] <******> my obligation was nothing
[2002-12-19 14:05] I'm sharing MP.
[2002-12-19 14:10] Even though I'm logging out in about an hour.
[2002-12-19 15:30] I'm leaving as soon as severin is done with this one track.

Then he came back with it the next day..

[2002-12-20 22:14] Dead u can browse my folder if u want.
[2002-12-20 22:15] what is it, mp?
[2002-12-20 22:15] Yeah.

Then he showed up on the 22nd for about 2 minutes, and that was it.

There you go, the history of Mayfuck. A legend in his own time.

Old 01-07-2003, 12:12 AM   #46
Axis of Action

So maybe... he shows up on the 10th, tries to leak it on the 19th, but doesn't have enough webspace. Tries again on the 22nd, and then the decision is made by some of the ops/mods to put it up on the hub on the 23rd.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rens

I should be too with my Dutch translations!
You are, in the thank you's section (in my version). I'm gonna post an updated version soon... a lot's been done to a number of sections, plus I've added song information and such. This thread has been doing exactly what I hoped it would; generating feedback and information uncovering so we can put together the most informative FAQ about this... regarding history, and song information. Ya'll rock, and will receive due kudos.

Last edited by Axis of Action : 01-07-2003 at 12:16 AM.

Old 01-07-2003, 01:39 AM   #47
Axis of Action

Haha, this is great. Check this out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Disc 3 Track 07 – Coming Attractions
Time: 01:14
Description: None.
Availability: MP.
Source: November 30th, 1992; SBD of a radio station in Atlanta, GA. See details for research
Detail: An unknown radio promo for the Pumpkins and other bands. Two songs are played in the **********, both by a guy named Donovan Leitch. He was seen as Britain’s answer to Bob Dylan, which later was reversed, and seen as a weak comparison. The two songs are “Mellow Yellow” and “There is a Mountain,” respectively. But time for research. The DJ goes in order of days, so for the heck of it, let’s assume that the Pumpkins were performing on December the 1st. They only did two Dec 1st shows in the 88 – 93 period (that are known) and were in 1992 and 1993. The 1993 one was a Candian show. The announcer does not at all sound Canadian, so I place the date at November 30th, 1992 of this broadcast. I tried to figure out what station was sponsoring all this stuff, but couldn’t dig up any info; this is the best I could get.
Transcript:

DJ: Remember, tomorrow, Smashing Pumpkins! Wednesday, December the 2nd, Stratacruisers and Felix and the Cats. These are two of the hottest blues bands in town, guys. Those’ll start at 10pm, for you guys who have to work in the mornings, can’t stay up all night! Thursday, December the 3rd, Grace will play at 10pm also, and Skylark, -- well, Skylarks, will follow. Friday, December the 4th, Wild West Picture Show will be here, and Rusty Johnson, formerly from P.S. Jonna, will open. Saturday, December the 5th, Smoke will be here, Andy Brown Orchestra, an evening with alternative acoustic music, and poetry, and madness, and no drums. Sunday, December the 6th, Jonathan Greg and the Lonesome Debonairs, all the way from New York City, opening act will be announced. Guys, stick around. Belly up – belly up, tip your bartender, tip your waitresses…. Cheryl, your brother’s looking for you… he wants his ID back.

(fade out)

------------------------------------------------------------

I rock at researching. Nov 30th 1992. *uNF*

Old 01-07-2003, 02:06 AM   #48
severin
no more than sympathy

Quote:
So maybe... he shows up on the 10th, tries to leak it on the 19th, but doesn't have enough webspace. Tries again on the 22nd, and then the decision is made by some of the ops/mods to put it up on the hub on the 23rd.

erm, on the 19th, he had the full set shared, just wasn't online long enough to upload more than one song. i don't think he shared anything of it on the 10th

Old 01-07-2003, 04:25 AM   #49
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
They only did two Dec 1st shows in the 88 – 93 period (that are known) and were in 1992 and 1993. DJ: Remember, tomorrow, Smashing Pumpkins! Wednesday, December the 2nd, Stratacruisers and Felix and the Cats. I rock at researching. Nov 30th 1992. *uNF*
you could have also looked at a calendar and checked out what years in that range HAD a december the second that was on a WEDNESDAY.
that leaves only one possible year. 1992.

anyway, if you look at spfc, they list a date at the same venue on the 30th as a show, so if the thing aired on the 30th, why wouldn't they have mentioned SP playing "tonight"?

Old 01-07-2003, 05:28 AM   #50
Axis of Action

Default you people and your calendars

Hmm, good point. On both topics. Hehe. Glad to see the December 2nd on a Wednesday still matches my 1992 theory.

It's possible the Nov. 30th show was added at the last minute, and the DJ didn't know about it. Maybe he was stupid and forgot about it. Or maybe he was advertising like while the show was on or something. I dunno. Heh.

Old 01-07-2003, 05:39 AM   #51
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking Re: For Educational Purposes Only

Quote:

[2002-12-10 15:04] I tihnk I'm gonna go B+P MP (Gil excluded)
HAH. I remember that. My Exclusion is for my dislike of his incoherent E-girlfriend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-07-2003, 02:49 PM   #52
sarmatianus
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by distance

you could have also looked at a calendar and checked out what years in that range HAD a december the second that was on a WEDNESDAY.
that leaves only one possible year. 1992.
I think I said this at least a year ago. I definitely sent e-mails to Fresko and Asselin pointing that out so that someone would update the old FAQ.

Quote:
anyway, if you look at spfc, they list a date at the same venue on the 30th as a show, so if the thing aired on the 30th, why wouldn't they have mentioned SP playing "tonight"?
Because I'm guessing that either right before or right after the show they announced it.

Old 01-07-2003, 04:26 PM   #53
Richard D. James
Demi-God

I think this is a great start to a FAQ, but I think we should be focusing our efforts on finding the sources of the stuff on MP, not what day it was out. Who cares? The point is it is out. We should have more threads like Smiley's Bleed thread. How do you think Dave has so many shows? Look up God's Acre on the web, see what you can find? There are so many mouth-watering clues in MP as to more stuff. Has anyone listened to that WNUR interview where Billy mentions "bedroom stuff?" Who knows what that could be. Put down this discussion of when it got leaked and find some new tapes!

-GK

Old 01-07-2003, 04:35 PM   #54
Halteh
deprivations of sleep

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard D. James
I think this is a great start to a FAQ, but I think we should be focusing our efforts on finding the sources of the stuff on MP, not what day it was out. Who cares? The point is it is out. We should have more threads like Smiley's Bleed thread. How do you think Dave has so many shows? Look up God's Acre on the web, see what you can find? There are so many mouth-watering clues in MP as to more stuff. Has anyone listened to that WNUR interview where Billy mentions "bedroom stuff?" Who knows what that could be. Put down this discussion of when it got leaked and find some new tapes!

-GK
A long time ago I tried to see what I could find on the Swinging Dicks and i had no luck. Might be something worth looking at.

Old 01-07-2003, 05:16 PM   #55
Axis of Action

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard D. James
I think this is a great start to a FAQ, but I think we should be focusing our efforts on finding the sources of the stuff on MP, not what day it was out.
np - "Come With Me" (looped version )

That just kind of ended up happening; we're getting to the sources now (man, did you see my Coming Attractions thing? despite how easy it could have been with a calender, mine involved SPFC.org ). The reason MP leaked just got talked about a bit more, but we'll get to the sources. There's a lot of songs on there, and if you're curious, the trail goes on forever. I once got a map of the Netherlands from 1658 in my searches a couple days ago.

I took a break the last day or so from the FAQ cause it was all I was doing and I wanted to just do something a little more mindless (see: video games). I'm going to start working on the track-by-track, and posting new things in here that'll hopefully start discussion.

np - "El Sol" (looped, again)

I, too, actually tried to turn up some info on the Swinging Dicks recently, and again I didn't find anything. Big modern rock databases like www.allmusic.com haven't ever heard of them.

And so the trails go cold...

Old 01-07-2003, 05:17 PM   #56
Enzed
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Halteh

A long time ago I tried to see

Dicks

and i had no luck.

Might be something worth looking at.

Fares!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-08-2003, 12:58 AM   #57
sarmatianus
Apocalyptic Poster

The Swinging Dicks research, if it is what I think it is, will probably require some considerable time looking around in newspapers, something that rarely involves a minimum of time.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:47 AM   #58
Axis of Action

Quote:
Originally posted by sarmatianus
The Swinging Dicks research, if it is what I think it is, will probably require some considerable time looking around in newspapers, something that rarely involves a minimum of time.
Microfilmz away!

Old 01-08-2003, 04:12 AM   #59
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Question Dicks?

What's the point of researching the Swinging Dicks? I know Billy says they want to team up and do some shows together.. are you trying to find more show dates? I'm getting my drink on so maybe I'm missing something. Sorry.

Old 01-08-2003, 04:41 AM   #60
Axis of Action

Default put the dicks aside...

Here's a song source problem. "I'll Never Change." Disc 5, Track 13. I got nothing on it, except I know 4 dates from 1990 it wasn't, which doesn't help very much as that limits the selection to about about 30 shows.

Anybody know anything, or are we just going to have to toss this off as one of the songs we'll know virtually nothing about?

Same goes for Opal/Worship... no dates for Opal, and the only known performance date of Worship was Sept. 13th, 1990. :erm

Last but not least, there is a foreign language spoken at the end of Silverfuck. Not to sound like an American, but, wtf are they saying?! Sounds like ... oh, I dunno, and I don't want to offend anyone. What're they saying? Actually... hmm, sounds like French. I heard the guy say "reve" which is "dream" in French. Someone who knows French better then I, please, step in.

Okay, three's enough. For now.

Last edited by Axis of Action : 01-08-2003 at 05:44 AM.