How’s unemployment mate

Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #8
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I'm starving. Help me swedish scientist

Old 06-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I find it somewhat disrespectful to start the topic of my unemployment in a thread dedicated to the deceased

Old 06-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
These hell posts are disrespectful as shit. Fuck you meyor
yeah i felt awful. am i the only you've chided for it?

via GIPHY

Old 06-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #11
redbreegull

fuck anthony bourdain was the man. this sucks

Old 06-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #12
slunken
Virgo

yea he was a great dude. i can't wait to die.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #13
redbreegull

fuck everything

Old 06-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #14
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

fuck everyone

Old 06-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #15
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

If someone with a life as cool as that kills himself, what the hell chance do the rest of us have?

Old 06-08-2018, 11:25 PM   #16
Ram27
dumb

I read a theory that he had cancer and wanted to end it on his own terms rather than watch himself decay

Or maybe he's seen so much shit that he has anhedonia to everything

Old 06-09-2018, 01:36 AM   #17
slunken
Virgo

i support both theories

Old 06-09-2018, 06:32 AM   #18
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Lack of pleasure
Also called: anhedonia
An inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable.
Common causes of this symptom
Lack of pleasure can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease. Examples ******* overwork, recent tragedy, financial problems, bad weather, and boring activities.
Thanks, Google.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:33 AM   #19
yo soy el mejor

not to be confused with depression or apathy.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:14 AM   #20
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

You gotta help me, doc. I've tried stamp collecting, watching paint dry, and furniture shopping, and I can't cure my anhedonia!

Old 06-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #21
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

anhedonia sucks bad. i have it mildly sometimes now, for a day or two but those 5+ years of not feeling any pleasure ever was pretty bad. for those who haven't experienced it: it's not the same as being depressed in general. it's more like, think of all those little things during the day that are amusing. a conversation with someone. a reddit cat video. whatever, something that is funny or wholesome or whatever. and just feeling no emotional response to those things, sometimes not even intellectually realizing you should be feeling a response to them. everything is just the same all the time. it sucks. and of course since you have no positive emotional reinforcement ever, those things you actually liked doing become worthless

Old 06-10-2018, 02:40 AM   #22
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
anhedonia sucks bad. i have it mildly sometimes now, for a day or two but those 5+ years of not feeling any pleasure ever was pretty bad. for those who haven't experienced it: it's not the same as being depressed in general. it's more like, think of all those little things during the day that are amusing. a conversation with someone. a reddit cat video. whatever, something that is funny or wholesome or whatever. and just feeling no emotional response to those things, sometimes not even intellectually realizing you should be feeling a response to them. everything is just the same all the time. it sucks. and of course since you have no positive emotional reinforcement ever, those things you actually liked doing become worthless
Sounds like me after quitting MDMA

Old 06-10-2018, 02:45 AM   #23
fuzzyroes
Banned

This sucks though, another rich, famous guy offing himself. I feel for the man on a human level but it sets a bad precedent to the rest of us struggling peasants. This rich, famous, good looking guy on TV just couldn't bare to live another day... The poor man

I read a stat that said suicide is actually up 30%!!!! since 1999 in North America. There's gotta be a good psychology study to be done regarding that, but I think it might have to do with the increasing coddling trend of society. People in 2018 are less emotionally equipped to deal with any hardships.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:02 AM   #24
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I kinda wonder if increased availability of information is to blame. The more that we know about ourselves and our probable futures, the less likely we are to feel any kind of hope.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:04 AM   #25
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, that's a definite possibility.

I also think it has something to do with our easy ability to have instant entertainment or gratification online. People don't work to entertain themselves anymore, people aren't using their imaginations as much... That much is certainly a fact.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:31 AM   #26
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Sounds like me after quitting MDMA
shut the fuck up you stupid cunt

Old 06-11-2018, 05:10 AM   #27
FoolofaTook

Old 06-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #28
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

"Rose McGowan issued a statement Monday about Anthony Bourdain’s suicide, responding to rumors that his partner, Italian actress Asia Argento, had started seeing someone else before his death. McGowan, who said she was writing on behalf of Argento, clarified that the pair had an open relationship. “Anthony and Asia had a free relationship, they loved without borders of traditional relationships, and they established the parameters of their relationship early on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose McGowan
Dear Fellow Humans, Sitting across from me is the remarkable human and brave survivor, Asia Argento, who has been through more than most could stand, and yet stand she does. She stood up to her monster rapist and now she has to stand up to yet another monster, suicide. The suicide of her beloved lover and ally, Anthony Bourdain. I write these truths because I have been asked to. I know so many around the world thought of Anthony Bourdain as a friend and when a friend dies, it hurts. Many of these people who lost their ‘friend’ are wanting to lash out and blame. You must not sink to that level. Suicide is a horrible choice, but it is that person’s choice.

When Anthony met Asia, it was instant chemistry. They laughed, they loved and he was her rock during the hardships of this last year. Anthony was open with his demons, he even wrote a book about them. In the beginning of their relationship, Anthony told a mutual friend, “He’s never met anyone who wanted to die more than him.” And through a lot of this last year, Asia did want the pain to stop. But here’s the thing, over their time together, thankfully, she did the work to get help, so she could stay alive and live another day for her and her children. Anthony’s depression didn’t let him, he put down his armor, and that was very much his choice. His decision, not hers. His depression won. Anthony and Asia had a free relationship, they loved without borders of traditional relationships, and they established the parameters of their relationship early on. Asia is a free bird, and so was Anthony. Was. Such a terrible word to write. I’ve heard from many that the past two years they were together were some of his happiest and that should give us all solace.

Anthony was 61, the same age my father was when he died. My father also suffered from intermittent deep depression, and like Anthony, was part of a “pull up your bootstraps and march on” generation. The a “strong man doesn’t ask for help” generation. I know before Anthony died he reached out for help, and yet he did not take the doctor’s advice. And that has led us here, to this tragedy, to this loss, to this world of hurt. Do NOT do the sexist thing and burn a woman on the pyre of misplaced blame. Anthony’s internal war was his war, but now she’s been left on the battlefield to take the bullets. It is in no way fair or acceptable to blame her or anyone else, not even Anthony. We are asking you to be better, to look deeper, to read and learn about mental illness, suicide and depression before you make it worse for survivors by judging that which we do not understand, that which can never fully be understood. Sometimes we are stuck in the unknowable, and that is where we are now, a massive wave of darkness that threatens to swallow everyone in its wake.

As I watch Asia do her job on set today, I see a pillar of strength who continues to work to put food on her children’s table. I see Elizabeth Taylor carrying on filming Cat on a Hot Tin Roof despite her love, her husband, dying in a plane crash. I see all of us who have carried on. Please join me in sending healing energy to Anthony on his journey, and to all who’ve been left behind to journey on without him. There is no one to blame but the stigma of loneliness, the stigma of asking for help, the stigma of mental illness, the stigma of being famous and hurting.

We must do more and be better. Anthony, our friend, would want it that way.

To the media and to the random commenter, Anthony would never have wanted Asia to be hurt, I’d like to think he would want us to have the collective conversation that needs to be had about depression. Blame is NOT a conversation, it is the shutting down of our collective growth. Which is where we are now. We have a choice as humans, shrink to our smaller, uglier selves, or be better and grow as only true Phoenixes can. I urge you to be that Phoenix.

With great sadness and even greater hope, I remain,
Rose McGowan
cc: Asia Argento

If you are considering suicide, reach out. We need you here. You matter. You exist. You count. There is help a phone call away, reach out.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #29
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
This sucks though, another rich, famous guy offing himself. I feel for the man on a human level but it sets a bad precedent to the rest of us struggling peasants. This rich, famous, good looking guy on TV just couldn't bare to live another day... The poor man

I read a stat that said suicide is actually up 30%!!!! since 1999 in North America. There's gotta be a good psychology study to be done regarding that, but I think it might have to do with the increasing coddling trend of society. People in 2018 are less emotionally equipped to deal with any hardships.
shut the fuck up

Old 06-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #30
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
These hell posts are disrespectful as shit. Fuck you meyor
jesus christ fuck off

and you, too, puzzledmuzzle, you fuck off as well, fuck off with our lord and savior

our bored and savor

fuck you