Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2018, 08:38 PM   #61
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

that is why I stopped to even occasionally look at that fb page.

if you think this place here is a nuthouse, it's nothing compared to "fans" on fb. which is why I never was 100% convinced it is really her.(I am aware who that account is friends with, but still.) who the fuck would put up with this.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #62
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
that is why I stopped to even occasionally look at that fb page.

if you think this place here is a nuthouse, it's nothing compared to "fans" on fb. which is why I never was 100% convinced it is really her.(I am aware who that account is friends with, but still.) who the fuck would put up with this.
I'm pretty sure it's her. The "I Love you SO MUCH KELLY !!!" Post was to Kelly Wey, who is a manager/bartender/fire starter at Metro Chicago. Too many connections...

Old 01-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #63
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I know I know.
I will never shake the last bit to get to a 100% certain.
Probably because what I saw of her posts a few years back (she once ended up chatting with me as well for whatever odd reason) makes me wish "the real darcy" would do better in terms of mental health than what it looked like.

anyway. you apparently still look at a bunch of sp related fb pages, forgotten child?

please keep us non-fb folks updated this week. this cliffhanger needs to be continued.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #64
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Your
Life
Is
Not
Your
Own

Old 01-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #65
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Will do.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #66
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i believe i knew she wasn't going to be a part of it and was told i didn't know anything yet. well......it was painfully clear, in my eyes.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:00 PM   #67
pavementtune

yea I kept saying "this will never happen" and then, slowly, 2 years of bolly reunion talk and how he is friends with darcy again apparently got to me.

very slim chances, but - I also never thought I would get to hear my favorite song played live and I did, so you know... lol. if anything I figured they could pull off just one show as the actual SP in Chicago, all 4 of them. we'll see, I guess, at this point I am absolutely clueless.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #68
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

can't believe some of you guys have hopes about this

it'll be cool if it happens but man don't fucking count on it

Old 01-21-2018, 09:04 PM   #69
pavementtune

my counting on it was 1 for, 99 against, don't kill my 1!

(truthfully it went up a bit ever since they casually dropped a pic of the 3 guys of SP 2? weeks back. I am stupidly delusional okay.)

Old 01-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #70
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
can't believe some of you guys have hopes about this

it'll be cool if it happens but man don't fucking count on it
I mean Billy did say in a recent interview that he finally realized that “Smasing Pumpkins” meant the original lineup, and he’s been playing up his reuniting with Darcy

Old 01-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #71
pavementtune

yea but, what of the things he*s been playing up the past 17 years actually became reality? I mean it got to me as well, but I should know better by now. just as I really believed we would eventually see the dozen releases he played up in the past 5 years alone.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:08 PM   #72
ilikeplanets
Braindead

her absence from the little studio meet-up spoke volumes. billy would never have missed the chance to post that picture with hashtags into next week.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:10 PM   #73
pavementtune

good point. at least a dozen hashtags. #familyforlife #bass #guitar

Old 01-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #74
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy.

can go.

fuck himself.

(if d'arcy's not involved)

Old 01-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #75
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'm sorry for those who thought it would happen.

My condolences.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #76
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

If Strawberry says not to believe it and let Billy come forward, fine by me. We all know she actually talks to the guy.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:10 PM   #77
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

I'm amazed how many people are actually angry that three professional musicians chose not to collaborate with a bass player with known and possibly unchecked addiction and metal illness issues, who probably hasn't actually even played seriously for 19 years. She can't even use fucking facebook.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #78
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
metal illness issues

https://funnypictures2.fjcdn.com/thu...9799dafb15.jpg

Old 01-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #79
Ram27
dumb

I mean, she was technically a professional musician too. Sure, she isn't a virtuoso like Corgan or Jimmy, but she got money for playing

I still maintain that every good Pumpkins record was made with all 4 together, even if they didn't all play

Old 01-21-2018, 11:01 PM   #80
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm going to wait for more info, but I have my big foam "Fuck Billy" finger ready to go.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:22 PM   #81
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i don't know why, but i thought this was actually going to happen. must have been billy's talks of the "profoundly healing moment" he had with d'arcy when she told him he was right and her and james were "misguided".

i didn't have hopes for this reunion musically tbh, but i at least hoped to see the four of them going into the studio together, touring, whatever - just engaging each other again. but alas, just The Power Metal Duo (aka BC|JC) and one not-so-big-on-feelings James Iha is really not "it", whatever that may be

Old 01-21-2018, 11:24 PM   #82
T&T
Socialphobic

Is Netphoria ready to confirm or deny the situation?

maybe the james,billy,jimmy trio will finish the machina2 thingy they abandoned after d'arcy was gone.
sine
second end of the band?

Old 01-21-2018, 11:29 PM   #83
Shallowed
Braindead

can someone please let me know when something concrete is made of this

Old 01-21-2018, 11:32 PM   #84
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
I'm amazed how many people are actually angry that three professional musicians chose not to collaborate with a bass player with known and possibly unchecked addiction and metal illness issues, who probably hasn't actually even played seriously for 19 years. She can't even use fucking facebook.
i'm fine with it. i'd go see 'em cuz that's as close to "whole" as it will get for me and i've never seen jimmy play

also, her facebook really is a wreck rn

Old 01-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #85
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

tbh it was obvious as soon as a photo from the studio 'leaked' or whatever and d'arcy wasn't in it

Old 01-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #86
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I'm getting the vibe she let the cat out of the bag, SP camp got upset and threatened her and now she is back pedaling. unreal. Fuck BC. for real.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:21 AM   #87
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I got the insight scoop from one of my crackhead friends in Benton Harbor (where Darcy gets her hard):

So, she got high as fuck saw the instagram pics with b0lli jimbo and jamez, realized she wasn't there and lost her shit. made an announcement on her own.

later she sobered up realized she might of screwed up what slight chance she had at playing a gig or two and getting some drug money. to cover up she claimed her account was hacked.

the end!

Old 01-22-2018, 12:23 AM   #88
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
I'm getting the vibe she let the cat out of the bag, SP camp got upset and threatened her and now she is back pedaling. unreal. Fuck BC. for real.
I agree. She probably got like an email from management saying "you're out" after months of being strung along and now the SP media machine is doing damage control. This is a lot like when Jim Brueur talked about Brian Johnson getting royally dicked over by AC/DC, the news started to leak out making Angus and Co look bad, then all of a sudden everything the big rock band propaganda machine erased the whole thing and made it all look nicey nice. Except this is worse cause it's Billy and lord knows he's already put Darcy through enough shit. Fuck him if Darcy's not involved and fuck his reunion tour.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:31 AM   #89
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Darcy deals with years of abuse, get's roped into their world again only to get hurt once again. way to go, assholes.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:33 AM   #90
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Either that or she's in some situation that just made it impossible to have her come back to the fold, i can imagine a bunch of scenarios.. buuuuuuuutttt why string along the fan base. they're already on thin ice with that as it is.