Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #151
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I talked to a cab driver once who said he was gay and supported dictatorship.
The world is exceedingly weird.
What's weird about the combination? Maybe he imagines a gay dictator.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #152
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvase View Post
What's weird about the combination? Maybe he imagines a gay dictator.
He did not.
The conversation was about the current political climate in brazil, and he expressed thinking the dictatorship here was a good thing and he identified himself as gay.
Ignoring the fact that back during the dictatorship gay people were hunted down, beat up on the streets, removed from their jobs, were arbitrarily detained, and suffered many other forms of violence.

Last edited by LaBelle : 07-21-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:39 PM   #153
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
at least! I was talking in general, I have no idea about dating apps.

I found myself staring at a girl in her early 20ies today, a case of exceptional beauty. she was on the phone, waiting for the same train. I noticed a Germany specific anti-immigation button on her bag. the dude she met up with was the type of dude where I grab the keys in my bag and wait for impact - combat boots, shaved head, and a jacket with 88.
fucking gross. I'm ready for the war. Is there any way to beat these people without killing them?

I'm unconvinced

Old 07-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #154
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Maybe he imagines a gay dictator.
http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...arrival-05.jpg

Old 07-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #155
FoolofaTook

lol @ the duty free bag

Old 07-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #156
LaBelle
Socialphobic

ugh.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #157
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
fucking gross. I'm ready for the war. Is there any way to beat these people without killing them?

I'm unconvinced
shunning sounds pretty good to me. I like it when I read that a restaurant didn't serve x in the US - for this very reason. I never see that here outside of far-left-leaning bars or venues, usually money wins, you are a paying customer and end of story.

For some of these people (at least under 30) I think their current beliefs aren't so deeply rooted that the inconvenience of being kicked out of cafés, restaurants, stores etc. or on dating apps would not affect them, eventually it might get some of them to calm down a little, and if it's just to get a coffee. on the other hand, shunning drives certain personalities even into a higher gear (see fuzzy), so that approach might backfire.

I'd still go for shunning, given the option.

Last edited by pavementtune : 07-21-2018 at 03:08 PM. Reason: english, motherfucker

Old 07-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #158
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
shunning sounds pretty good to me. I like it when I read that a restaurant didn't serve x in the US - for this very reason. I never see that here outside of far-left-leaning bars or venues, usually money wins, you are a paying customer and end of story.

For some of these people (at least under 30) I think their current beliefs aren't so deeply rooted that the inconvenience of being kicked out of cafés, restaurants, stores etc. or on dating apps would not affect them, eventually it might get some of them to calm down a little, and if it's just to get a coffee. on the other hand, shunning drives certain personalities even into a higher gear (see fuzzy), so that approach might backfire.

I'd still go for shunning, given the option.
I think you are right and this is something I have been saying a lot lately. We need to raise the social cost of being a fascist, and I am very proud of my generation for actually working to do this. Activists have chased Republican lawmakers out of public places, they've been kicked out of restaurants, conservatives have been shunned and stigmatized in social and dating spheres... And I hope it just keeps intensifying. These people should be afraid to leave their houses.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #159
redbreegull

The thing is that the left still feels beholden to "the rules." Conservatives have been using tactics like this for decades, but then they invoke "the rules" on liberals when we do it back to them and lefties are like durr durrr oh yeah I must follow the rules or I will be as bad as you lol

we have to smash that mindset because it's way past that

Old 07-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #160
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:

we have to smash that mindset because it's way past that
your generation, especially in the US, seems to be doing pretty good in this regard.

I still have it, I can't even type what I did and not think "great, you are arguing for this while any other day of the week you argue how it is wrong that clubs here are allowed to have signs with 'no lgbt' or 'no immigrants'. but you are arguing for shunning".

but you are right, it's way past that. if this tinder style of "no maga" shunning would get popular also in offline situations, and please please for the 40-70 year olds, too... oh man... that seems fantastic. but 40, 50 plus and it goes "oh well I don't have to like them, they are sadly mistaken, what can you do", that's the harshest I hear.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #161
artvase
Pledge

Quote:
I think you are right and this is something I have been saying a lot lately. We need to raise the social cost of being a fascist, and I am very proud of my generation for actually working to do this. Activists have chased Republican lawmakers out of public places, they've been kicked out of restaurants, conservatives have been shunned and stigmatized in social and dating spheres... And I hope it just keeps intensifying. These people should be afraid to leave their houses.
Wow. Yeah let's lock up anyone who doesn't conform to your world view. I think there's actually a political term for that.

Fucking moron.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #162
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
what do you think will happen then?

Old 07-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #163
LaBelle
Socialphobic

More left swipes?

Old 07-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #164
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
what do you think will happen then?
the same thing that happened the last time the US public made racists afraid to open their mouths and voice their opinions. less open racism.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #165
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Wow. Yeah let's lock up anyone who doesn't conform to your world view. I think there's actually a political term for that.

Fucking moron.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...78/682/575.jpg

Old 07-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #166
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
second from the left, her knees look like people who are trying to escape her skin

Old 07-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #167
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
i dunno, i sure got a lot of hits on google from typing in trump supporters babes.
This is based off of a UCLA study!

---
screw you.

Last edited by pavementtune : 07-23-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #168
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
These people should be afraid to leave their houses.
Dude, you have fucking problems

Old 07-21-2018, 09:23 PM   #169
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i started on dating apps a month or two ago. No actual dates yet. I've been on 5 dating apps so far. I am a pansexual trans woman, which makes this rather complicated.

I started on LGBTQutie, which has so few queer people that it might as well not exist. the app is buggy too. After a couple of months I deleted my account.

Tinder was next. I started with my settings open to both men and women. And I bought the full Tinder package so I could see anybody that swiped right on my profile. Within 24 hours over 700 men had swiped right on my profile. My profile clearly states that I'm a pansexual trans woman, but I got swiped by hundreds of cis straight men. I don't believe that more than 10% of them even read my profile. Most men swipe right on every woman they see, hoping to get a match. I changed my profile to being interested in only women. I had a few people match with me and chat briefly. The most promising being a couple in Philly who would have set up a date with me, but they're too far away. Since then I've had no other matches.

I set up an account last month on Hinge, which at first seems different from other sites. In a moth and a half It matched me with 3 women who sent me "hello" messages and not much else. One of them sent me a message that asked "are you a transgender?" While Tinder is overwhelmingly straight cis people, Hinge seems to be even more so.

I gave "Bumble" a try. It doesn't allow men to initiate messaging. Everything has to start with women. That would seem great for queer girls. I've had a few matches and a bit of texting on the Bumble app. but like Hinge it seems to be filled with Straight women. I turned my profile off last week.

I kind of like "HER" which is an app designed for queer women. Unlike all the other apps it allows you to identify as cis, trans, non binary, etc and also display your orientation... gay, bi curious, pansexual, etc. I'm averaging several matches per day on HER and I"m currently texting back and forth with 8-10 different women. Which is kind of fun. Some of the seem really cool too. While I haven't had any dates yet, I have one lined up with a woman in Boston next month.

With the exception of HER all of these apps are designed for Cis Gendered Straight People. If you're queer, especially trans or non binary it's a bit of a shit show.

I've run into many many obvious catfishing accounts. They're painfully obvious too, because the person sending the initial message always starts with something like "hi, beautiful" or "what's up, pretty". Queer women don't say things like that. It was funny the first 20 times, now it's annoying.

I'm to the point where I'm avoiding men on these apps. I am attracted to men, but the straight guys on these apps are horrible. their profiles are soooo bad. I don't know what the fuck they're thinking when they put horrible photos or obnoxious profile descriptions online. Are they all that stupid?

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 07-21-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:39 AM   #170
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Dude, you have fucking problems
nazi

Old 07-22-2018, 07:16 AM   #171
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Are they all that stupid?
yes. all of it.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #172
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:

I'm to the point where I'm avoiding men on these apps. I am attracted to men, but the straight guys on these apps are horrible. their profiles are soooo bad. I don't know what the fuck they're thinking when they put horrible photos or obnoxious profile descriptions online. Are they all that stupid?
Jesus fucking Christ you are delusional and an imbecile. Shit-talking men but at the same time, didn't you biologically start out your life as a man? And as a white, cis-gendered man at that. I'm not critiquing you over it, unlike YOUR entire post which basically just shits on anyone that isn't what YOU'RE looking for. You putting a negative connotation on men isn't exactly helping you make friends. It's portraying you as a sexist.

Maybe its your profile that is "soooo bad" as to quote yourself. Thought about that? How does it feel to be on the other side of things? This is what you sound like. And I have no problem with what you choose to be, however it does seem as if you do have a problem with 90 % of the population.

I hope you can be better.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #173
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
yes. all of it.
We already know you're an asshole meyor. No need to prove it time and time again.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #174
Shallowed
Braindead

She wasn't shit talking all men, she was shit talking the men on tinder. You hateful, disingenuous, fragile dumbfuck.

I shit talked about the women on tinder on the first page of this thread but I didn't see anyone complain about that, I guess I shouldn't be surprised since there's even bigger generalisations that have been made about women in this thread.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #175
LaBelle
Socialphobic

that's not surprising, netphoria is like MRA central

Old 07-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #176
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i am instantly reminded why i stopped posting in here. I make ONE POST and I get attacked with misogyny and bigotry.

I don't understand why you all allow this.

buh bye

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 07-22-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:03 AM   #177
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
Jesus fucking Christ you are delusional and an imbecile. Shit-talking men but at the same time, didn't you biologically start out your life as a man? And as a white, cis-gendered man at that. I'm not critiquing you over it, unlike YOUR entire post which basically just shits on anyone that isn't what YOU'RE looking for. You putting a negative connotation on men isn't exactly helping you make friends. It's portraying you as a sexist.

Maybe its your profile that is "soooo bad" as to quote yourself. Thought about that? How does it feel to be on the other side of things? This is what you sound like. And I have no problem with what you choose to be, however it does seem as if you do have a problem with 90 % of the population.

I hope you can be better.
Lol why do you think people care what you have to say here, you are the phoniest asshole netphoria has ever known

Old 07-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #178
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I mean why even still post, don't you have the tiniest amount of self respect

Old 07-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #179
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
i am instantly reminded why i stopped posting in here. I make ONE POST and I get attacked with misogyny and bigotry.

I don't understand why you all allow this.

buh bye

I feel this so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
I mean why even still post, don't you have the tiniest amount of self respect
I ask myself that every single day here at this point.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #180
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

@Labelle i understand but at least your posts are well appreciated by most, including myself. The opposite is true for puzzleshithead