Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Default I predict Batman vs. Superman will be even worse than Green Lantern

How is this not going to be a horrible movie of epic proportions?

My favorite comment yet about this film

"How is Batman's new suit not wrapped in kryptonite to make this more than a five minute movie?"

Old 05-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Oh how original. "OMG, Superman vs Batman makes no sense cause superman would just punch him once! amirite? lol, how stupid"

Well...that IS how Batman generally attempts to defeat Superman in the comics. with Kryptonite. So...if they do fight at all that is likely what will happen. It's not like Batman ever just walked up to Superman and tried to fight it out without a plan. I mean you know, the major Superman villain is Lex Luthor..who...doesn't have superpowers.

But anyway the v is just for show. They'll probably "fight" for like a few minutes and then team up.

Also technically in this movie universe there is no kryptonite. In man of steel he is exposed to matter from krypton and gets weak and sick which is pretty much what kryptonite does, but strictly speaking that it not kryptonite (the greens hit that glows), just a piece of krypton. semantics but you know

As for GL, I liked how Parallax could be defeated by flying him into the sun. wow. A being of pure energy which devours worlds is defeated by flying into a star. Which there is billions of in the universe. Weak.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
Catherine Wheel
Banned

DC Comics doesn't have a good track record with their films. Superman Returns and Green Lantern were terrible. The Superman films from the 70s and 80s were awful too. The early Batman films were absurdist and then later campy. The only thing they got right were the Nolan Batman films and Man of Steel.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
How is this not going to be a horrible movie of epic proportions?
Perhaps if it weren't a superhero movie, then it might have a chance.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #5
Order 66
Socialphobic

i have a hard time envisioning a storyline in which batman would be "versus" superman for any reason. they've done the comic before but that was more of a fan servicey type of thing

Old 05-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
Syrial Carpens
Pledge

It's a failure just by being a "vs." movie.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
Order 66
Socialphobic

seems like they're just trying to ape the success of Avengers without doing Justice League right off the bat.

i didn't really care for MoS much so my hope are deflated anyway (though it probably had the best action sequences of any movie in the last 5 years or so)

Old 05-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I have to say I was totally expecting them to come out and say this was actually Justice League. It is stupid, feels rushed. Like ok we want to get JLA off the ground but we don't want to have to make 4 or 5 movies before that happens. Shoehorn a new Batman , Cyborg and Wonder Woman into the next Superman movie, done.

What's worse i learned today because i haven't been following this that closely, that Luthor will be played by Jesse Einsenberg. WHAT. THE. FUCK. I hate this guy no matter what he does but casting him as Luthor? And I mean it's established Batman has been doing this a while in this universe so why is Luthor fresh from college? Jeremy irons apparently is gonna be Alfred. I like Jeremy Irons and feel he's a total whore who wastes his talent in movies that are beneath him (I guess that's one more to his resume), but I don't know that I think of Alfred when I look at him. I mean I DO think this will suck, just not because Superman v Batman is a stupid idea though. Whatever.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
Order 66
Socialphobic

well supes in this universe is still pretty young. like mid 20s or something so i guess a younger luthor wouldn't be a stretch. and eisenberg is like in his 30s now despite his appearance.. but yeah that casting decision caught me off guard

Old 05-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #10
Elphenor
Braindead

They should have done one more Superman movie. Lex vs. Superman but then they team up because Braniac shows up to destroy Earth and only a combination of Luthor's brains and Superman's might can stop him.

Then go balls to the wall with a "Superman 3: The Justice League" because the third in a trilogu always sucks anyway.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #11
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #12
Trotskilicious
Banned

this movie will suck because of the casting

eisenberg as luthor.........

i didn't think i could hear of worse than ben affleck as batmang

Old 05-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #13
Trotskilicious
Banned

who is wonder woman, megan fox? jesus

Old 05-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #14
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post

Also technically in this movie universe there is no kryptonite. In man of steel he is exposed to matter from krypton and gets weak and sick which is pretty much what kryptonite does, but strictly speaking that it not kryptonite (the greens hit that glows), just a piece of krypton. semantics but you know
In MOS what weakened him was a Krypton like atmosphere, like in their ship (when Lois had to wear the mask) and when the World Engine was terraforming earth into Krypton. Yeah it was kinda stupid but it at least got them to avoid Kryptonite which I still hope wont be introduced into this flick. Id rather they just say he took damage and was permanently weakened by what happened or something.

Im hoping the B vs S angle is Bruce Wayne is at first fearful of him like Luthor and decides to try and take him out or something, maybe even partner up with Luthor. IDK. Eisenbergs casting made me happy that we got Batfleck and not something worse. Luthor and Kent are supposed to be about the same age, early 30's, with Batman in his early 40s.

I dont think anyone besides Supes Bats and WW will play any significant part. At least I hope they dont.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #15
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Wow...........goes to show how much attention i paid. I mean i remember that now. I don't know why i remembered it any differently.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #16
Trotskilicious
Banned

dc fags are booger eating window lickers

Old 05-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #17
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
this movie will suck because of the casting

eisenberg as luthor.........

i didn't think i could hear of worse than ben affleck as batmang

Yeah at this point it's like they're trying to alienate every last comic nerd.

I'm gonna go and assume they will reinvent Luthor as some sort of Mark Zuckerbergy nerdy rich douche kid who wants it all. I mean Einsenberg can only act one single way so it's not like they could have him be the comics Luthor. They'll tailor Luthor to him, not the opposite. I dont care if Superman is fairly new to earth, Luthor shouldn't ever be anything under late 30's at most.

And Wonder Woman is some girl called Gal Gadot.

I still can't get over Affleck. "Oh people like him now, he's been rehabilitated". Yeah no...as a director he's ok. In front of the camera? He's still the same guy. He's not the main reason Daredevil sucked (the script is, of all the shit they need to reboot, PLEASE get around to DD) but i really don't see how 12 years have transformed him into a decent enough actor to tackle the same kind of dark conflicted superhero he couldn't do all those years back. Just his voice and his "serious face" is all wrong.

Marvel has made some questionable choices casting wise (both Ruffalo AND Norton, Renner and, though i'm the only one who feels this way, Johansson) but nothing that even comes close. In general they've hit the mark. DC seems intent on missing it entirely with this new film.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:31 PM   #18
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
dc fags are booger eating window lickers

Why don't you go back to shitting your pants Marvel Boy?

Actually i think its stupid to choose sides, but the fact is i have read far far more marvel than DC. In DC outside of the Batman family (and even then i dont like some of them like Nightwing) i don't care that much. You know what's DC's problem?

Too many fucking Domino masks.

Not but seriously.

And that reboot was moronic.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #19
Trotskilicious
Banned

MARVEL IS BETTER OBVIOUSLY JESUS CHRIST YOU DC DINOSAURS JUST WILL NEVER REALIZE THAT YOUR UNIVERSE SUCKS AND YOUR HEROES ARE BORING ARCHETYPES WITH ZERO PERSONALITY

Old 05-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #20
Trotskilicious
Banned

mark ruffalo is incredible as anyone and anything, fuck you dogg

Old 05-23-2014, 11:41 PM   #21
Trotskilicious
Banned

mark ruffallo could play a piece of furniture and bring you to tears

Old 05-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #22
Trotskilicious
Banned

this is how i feel when you said they miscast mark ruffallo

you are a dc loser, here's the thing BRUCE BANNER is SUPPOSED to be an unassuming milquetoast dork until he get ANGARY

Old 05-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #23
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Well i dont like him either way but the main thing is he's not a good Banner. They never cast anyone right as Banner. They don't even bother giving him glasses most of the time.

And Robert Downey jr annoys me a little in the sense that....that's not Tony Stark. That's Robert Downey Jr. They made the character fit him. Stark isn't the light hearted jokester he is in the films. I mean i like movie Iron man enough i guess but it sometimes bugs me how its not how Stark should be. Because i'm a nerd.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #24
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:

this is how i feel when you said they miscast mark ruffallo

you are a dc loser, here's the thing BRUCE BANNER is SUPPOSED to be an unassuming milquetoast dork until he get ANGARY
Yeah and i don't buy ruffalo as that. I guess it's that physically he doesnt look like him.

And I'm totally a Marvel boy shut up! just because i like Batman doesn't mean i don't most of the time masturbate to posters of Daredevil.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #25
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I ownz now. Sweet.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #26
Elphenor
Braindead

Justice League is wayyy more interesting than the Avengers. They just have cooler shit.
Captain America is lame as fuck.

People try and say that DC heroes are unrelatable but who relates with boy scout on steroids? Tim Tebow?
You just can't beat Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:33 AM   #27
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post

And I'm totally a Marvel boy shut up! just because i like Batman doesn't mean i don't most of the time masturbate to posters of Daredevil.
well only total lameoids like future boy are actual dc fans i can't believe they still make superhero comics. the only thing worth reading at any time from DC was vertigo.

anywho

you mention daredevil and it generally brings me to what annoys me the most about superhero movies

a lot of the stories in the book are already ready for being made into movies, they're already storyboarded, and they only need a few minor tweaks to be able to come to the screen

i'm enough of an xmans nerd to feel like the fact that kitty pride can send someone's conciousness back in time is enough to make me never ever want to go see fucking days of fucking future fucking past fuck

what the fuck is wrong with that story

why do you need to fuck with it

why do you need to change it that much

fuck you bryan singer you stupid dick

Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 AM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Justice League is wayyy more interesting than the Avengers. They just have cooler shit.
Captain America is lame as fuck.

People try and say that DC heroes are unrelatable but who relates with boy scout on steroids? Tim Tebow?
You just can't beat Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern.
you're a fucking idiot, seriously shut the fuck up already god damn it

you're criticizing marvel because of their most DC character. what kind of fucking clown are you

Old 05-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

i mean it's just fucking incredible to me that you'd boil all of marvel down to captain america

you've never read any of these ever, have you

all you know is what they look like and yeah green lantern is cool or whatever but does anyone know what personality any of them have? they don't have one? yeah pretty much.

wonder woman doesn't have shit on storm, you serious? A golden lasso and some fuckin bracelets against the FUCKING SOUND AND FURY OF NATURE ITSELF

eat some shit

Old 05-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #30
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

wouldve been better without him pushing the swing