Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-24-2020, 12:41 PM   #1171
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

In fairness it was also reported in Snopes and Forbes. Plus, it’s just fun to imagine him dying

Old 10-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #1172
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I know more about wind than you do. It's extremely expensive. Kills all the birds. It's very intermittent. It's got a lot of problems.
for what it’s worth, intermittency is easily solved by building giant fans that continuously blow air directly at the energy-generating turbines

Old 10-24-2020, 07:17 PM   #1173
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 10-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #1174
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Old 10-26-2020, 01:07 AM   #1175
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

I believe that his outer coating may have begun to wear off before his weekly reapplication, revealing his true form underneath.

Old 10-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #1176
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Fuck the mail. Gotta do this the old fashioned way

Old 10-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #1177
Disco King
Minion of Satan

That is a good message, but it's a Tweet, so actually it's bad

Old 10-27-2020, 10:09 PM   #1178
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i don't use tweeter. I copy tweets that are posted on FB

Old 10-27-2020, 10:50 PM   #1179
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Acceptable

Old 10-27-2020, 10:59 PM   #1180
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Does that stand for For Boomers?

Old 10-27-2020, 11:03 PM   #1181
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Trump Campaign site has been hacked

Old 10-27-2020, 11:30 PM   #1182
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Weird how the Trump administration is laughable at information security, and yet WikiLeaks has not managed to find and publish any dirt on them 🤔

Old 10-28-2020, 12:03 AM   #1183
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Weird how the Trump administration is laughable at information security, and yet WikiLeaks has not managed to find and publish any dirt on them 🤔

Old 10-29-2020, 12:47 PM   #1184
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

It's because everyone who opposes Donald Trump is a secret pedophile, and God chose him to own the libs.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #1185
redbreegull

This shit is scary. Statistically, Trump only has about an 11% chance of winning the election (he had a 33% chance in 2016), and in a bunch of important states Biden is up well beyond nothing short of a colossal polling error.

However, PA is the most likely tipping point, and there Biden is only slightly above the margin of error. A polling error comparable to the one in 2016 could deliver the election to Trump.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #1186
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

almost like this isn't a democracy

Old 10-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #1187
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
It's because everyone who opposes Donald Trump is a secret pedophile, and God chose him to own the libs.

Old 10-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #1188
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I don’t need this kind of pressure on my state. I have zero faith in this dump.

We have delayed ballots that still haven’t been received by people who requested them. We have warehouses full of votes that won’t be counted until Election Day. And our state has refused to count any late ballots.

So I’d say things are going well here, yeah.

Old 10-30-2020, 02:03 PM   #1189
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

My hope is that TX somehow goes blue and stays blue and PA is completely irrelevant for a dozen election cycles, that way I don’t have to see another fucking political sign ever again.

Old 10-30-2020, 02:21 PM   #1190
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
A polling error comparable to the one in 2016 could deliver the election to Trump.
Almost all of the polls were consistent with Hillary Clinton winning the popular vote, but didn't account for the completely shit ass backwards way that the electoral college system allocates those votes.

Old 10-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #1191
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Almost all of the polls were consistent with Hillary Clinton winning the popular vote, but didn't account for the completely shit ass backwards way that the electoral college system allocates those votes.
FTR, she and trump were polling around dead even the weekend prior to the election. And I think 538 was showing Trump with a 30% chance to win the electoral college in 2016.

Both of them were polling under 50% nationally. I think the aggregate for her at the time was something like 47% popular vote. And in those midwest states that swung BARELY to trump, he didn't even get a majority of votes. Stein and Jonson combined got over 200k votes in Michigan. Trump's plurality in Michigan was only 11k votes more than clinton.

There were 4 states last cycle where trump and Clinton were separated by less than 1% total popular vote. Trump won 46 electoral votes from these 4 states without ever winning a majority....

Michigan, 0.23% – 16
New Hampshire, 0.37% – 4
Pennsylvania, 0.72% – 20 (tipping point state, including two faithless GOP electors)
Wisconsin, 0.77% – 10 (tipping point state, excluding the two faithless GOP electors)

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 10-30-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Old 10-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #1192
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

things are very different this year. If he somehow wins the electoral college I don't think it's going to be because he has more support than polls suggested. It'll be by cheating, throwing out ballots, etc.

He has been talking with state legislators in Pennsylvania and several other GOP controlled states about throwing out all of Bidens potential electors, and sending Trump electors to the Electoral college, which would be total legal.

If he stays in office, that's how he'll do it.

Old 10-30-2020, 04:25 PM   #1193
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

ouch

Old 10-30-2020, 07:30 PM   #1194
yo soy el mejor

everyone knows chicago is super fucking segregated, right? well, in affluent white neighborhoods people hang black lives matter signs in their windows and lawns as a symbolic gesture in lieu of evaluating their complicity or continued participation in exploitation and racism. anyway, no one on my block has a BLM sign displayed except one house we pass on the way and back to the grocery store.

walking home last week though we saw someone had thrown a brick through that window and it really ground my gears. we live in a mostly black neighborhood (a smattering of latinos) so they don't need to tell each other and themselves that their lives matter but i can't imagine who could have thrown that brick. a white person during the day would have stood out if they were breaking windows, but no one who is frequently on this block would have done that. plus, now they have to pay for a new window (and it's a big window) and it's getting cold.

it's just sad

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 10-31-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Old 10-30-2020, 08:21 PM   #1195
buzzard
Minion of Satan

If Trump loses, it'll probably be more down to the same effect that had people eventually tire of seeing Miley Cyrus poking her tongue out than any sort of sociopolitical epiphany.

Ideal timing for the shift, though.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #1196
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I wonder whether the cops will crack down on these law breakers???? I'm guessing no

Quote:
Caravans of President Trump’s supporters blockaded the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge and the Garden State Parkway on Sunday, snarling traffic on two of the busiest highways in the New York metropolitan area just two days before Election Day.

Videos taken by motorists showed the president’s backers parked in the middle of the westbound lanes of the bridge, which carries Interstate 287 across the Hudson River and is named for the father of the current governor, Andrew M. Cuomo.

A number of them exited their vehicles in the rain and waved Trump banners and American flags as motorists honked their horns.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/u...ew-jersey.html

Old 11-02-2020, 04:38 PM   #1197
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

So did you guys know there is an American election tomorrow? Who will you vote for?

Old 11-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #1198
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

My vote goes to BlueStar.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #1199
ovary
Ownz

tensions running high. get into work hanging in office waiting for boss woman to come tell me what to do some old fucking dude vendor shows up wants to talk to her whatever, its cold, come into office to wait for her but please put on a mask. this fucker comes in launches into an antimask monologue about fauci is a conman masks make you sicker its a communist plot blah blah at first im like ok lets talk bro but he just keeps fucking ranting eventually i get mad i say that is a bunch of bullshit he says what i say everything you just said so then my boss comes in and places her body in between us and he turns on a dime into mr polite salesman and sells her a bunch of fucking HAND SANITIZER. HE IS OUR SOAP AND HAND SANITIZER VENDOR.

so whatever he leaves i left work early and my coworker texts me and says hey you remember that guy he came back to apologize to you says he was real out of line and that's not who he is and he's sorry.

living in trump country that is the biggest mindfuck of this whole thing. the trumpers are always the nicest most community minded, generous old dudes. this farmer i know is genuine bffs with all of his black customers then he goes on facebook and shares the most fucked up shit. fox news just grabs these guys by the balls and drags them around i guess. idfk

Old 11-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #1200
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Trump is moving storm troopers into "Democrat Cities"

Quote:
Over 100 personnel from the Justice Department’s Bureau of Prisons, as well as others from the Marshals Service, are preparing to mobilize to the streets of Washington, D.C., for confronting potential election-related unrest, according to a document acquired by The Daily Beast and confirmed by the BOP.
https://www.yahoo.com/now/barr-preps...195000877.html

Quote:
“Look, it’s called insurrection. We just send them in and we do it very easy,” Trump told Fox News in September.

Such statements have caused concern among Americans because troops aren’t supposed to participate in U.S. law enforcement according to the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act. The reason Trump has used the word “insurrection” is that the Insurrection Act is an exception to the Posse Comitatus Act, giving the president the power to send in troops to quell “domestic insurrection.”

“There would be no added benefit of federalizing Guard forces [for the election],” said Army Maj. Gen. Jeff Holmes, Tennessee’s adjutant general. “I cannot think of any scenario where we would recommend or ask for being federalized.”
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/con...of-why-report/