Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
you're so not punk right now
Ram27 fought the law and the law won

Old 05-30-2017, 03:02 PM   #32
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

My only advice is that you take up an instrument that won't make so much noise and thus won't bother anyone.

May I suggest taking up the ukulele?

Old 05-30-2017, 03:02 PM   #33
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

You can play a mean Ode To No One with a uke.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:22 PM   #34
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Nothing serious at all legally. I wish I wasn't so freaked out about it. I don't know why either....just a snowball effect, I guess. It all just feels very dehumanizing and shitty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
That's because it was. Your feelings are valid and you need to feel them, not supress them. Do remember that this incident will not define the rest of your life.
Yes, this. I understand it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but getting in trouble with the cops when you haven't done anything wrong fucks with your head, and the system is meant to make you feel intimidated and dehumanized.

I got busted for weed about 5 years ago and although it wasn't a big deal (had to do 24 hours of community service and submit to 12 weeks of drug tests or something really insulting like that), it took a psychological toll on me. It sucks to be victimized by your government for something which isn't wrong. What I can say is that it will pass and although it feels shitty now, eventually it will be behind you. The experience actually ruined weed for me for awhile, but obviously that didn't last forever.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #35
D.
Consume my pants.

Unhappy

no one ever talks about the psychological toll being in trouble with the law (warranted or not) takes.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:13 PM   #36
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
My only advice is that you take up an instrument that won't make so much noise and thus won't bother anyone.
Yeah I'd say the one only vague positive to come from this is that I've been playing guitar more and getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Yes, this. I understand it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but getting in trouble with the cops when you haven't done anything wrong fucks with your head, and the system is meant to make you feel intimidated and dehumanized.

I got busted for weed about 5 years ago and although it wasn't a big deal (had to do 24 hours of community service and submit to 12 weeks of drug tests or something really insulting like that), it took a psychological toll on me. It sucks to be victimized by your government for something which isn't wrong. What I can say is that it will pass and although it feels shitty now, eventually it will be behind you. The experience actually ruined weed for me for awhile, but obviously that didn't last forever.
Thank you. It really sucks to be victimized by your government for something which isn't wrong. I've honestly lost all respect for this country now. How can we, in good faith, wank ourselves off about being the land of the free when thousands of people have to go through this unjust bullshit every year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
no one ever talks about the psychological toll being in trouble with the law (warranted or not) takes.
Definitely. It seems like most people like to brush it aside, because if you broke the law, you're a bad person and deserve it, or some shit.

The only thing I found after weeks of searching is a little article on a Florida DUI lawyer's site. Honestly if I got a DUI at least I'd feel like I deserved it to some extent. That's actually dangerous. Simple possession of something totally culturally acceptable is absolute bullshit.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #37
Elphenor
Braindead

This is what made you lose respect for the US?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #38
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Sad thread needs more sad music

Old 05-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #39
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
This is what made you lose respect for the US?
well it didn't help

Old 05-30-2017, 07:47 PM   #40
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Is this grammatically correct? "I'm sending you to jail and ruining your life" sounds wrong. And ruin your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

let's try the bad advice
yay!

- Try other drugs if whatever medication you are on makes you feel worse. Weed and MDMA for starters.

- You'll be 21 in no time and can drink your liver away any time and any place, like the rest of us.

Actually that's not the worst advice I could come up with. Have you tried volunteering?

Seriously though, take it out on your drums over the summer, 3 months is a long time, you can figure out where to set them up next semester.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:49 PM   #41
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

It's the way one would say it but yeah it's correct afaik

Old 05-30-2017, 07:55 PM   #42
FoolofaTook

Getting in trouble with the law was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now I wear black have long hair know how to make a crack pipe etc etc

definite change for the best

Old 05-30-2017, 07:56 PM   #43
FoolofaTook

Sometimes I listen to Motorhead's On Parole and smile because Lemmy was never on parole the softie.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #44
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
This cool guy right here has a solution for you

http://magazine.dv247.com/wp-content...land-hd-11.jpg
That's the exact "drum set" that I own haha.

It looks like a piece of crap, but it's a great tool to practice on, and sounds surprisingly good when jamming with people or playing along to albums.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:22 PM   #45
fuzzyroes
Banned

Though it is quite dated already by todays standards. Some of the new ones on the market are super legit with endless pre-sets.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:29 PM   #46
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

an electric set will never give the same satisfactory feeling as playing a real kit, imo

i used to play drums, believe it or not

Old 05-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #47
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah it's not nearly as good, but it's still fun and better than nothing. Drums are just too fucking loud. I used to have em at my parents place and then the bylaw officer was threatening 2000 dollar fines and shit.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #48
fuzzyroes
Banned

The worst things about electric kits are the cymbals . You just can't recreate the intricacies and live sound of a symbol on an electric kit.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:22 PM   #49
Ram27
dumb

the worst thing about electric kits is everything

but the cymbals are up there. hitting a crash feels so smooth and gorgeous in real life but it's a gross hard plasticky thwack on an e kit

I think once you get into the $5k+ territory they do a pretty decent job. But they still look lame as fuck. And at that point just buy some land and dig out a fucking bunker

_________

What's better than an electric kit are mesh heads and silent cymbals. I had that setup on my old kit in my dorm room. Never had any noise issues. But of course you still run into the problem where it's not nearly as good. It's less bad but still not good

drums are hard

Old 05-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #50
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post

yay!

- Try other drugs if whatever medication you are on makes you feel worse. Weed and MDMA for starters.

- You'll be 21 in no time and can drink your liver away any time and any place, like the rest of us.

Actually that's not the worst advice I could come up with. Have you tried volunteering?

Seriously though, take it out on your drums over the summer, 3 months is a long time, you can figure out where to set them up next semester.
hey hey that's actually great advice. i thought it was going to be like what my dad said; get over it and stop feeling sorry for yourself

- drugs are fun i should try drugs. i bought CBD oil in a shop September last year (but the fucking DEA changed some shit so that's not allowed anymore) and now that i think about it probably actually did help. i'd love to do molly

- so hype

well my punishment is that i have to do 16 hours of community service. it's not actually voluntary but it is volunteering, kinda

Old 05-30-2017, 09:43 PM   #51
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Don't do drugs, unless you want your Super-Mod privileges revoked.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #52
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
an electric set will never give the same satisfactory feeling as playing a real kit, imo

i used to play drums, believe it or not
Can you upload a video of you playing a Smashing Pumpkins song?

It's not a fetish thing, I swear

Old 05-30-2017, 09:49 PM   #53
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i haven't had a drum kit in 17 years

i was way more into guitar at that point (which i started playing later than drums) but still it's something I regret giving up along with most of my teenage experience...

i used to have fun jamming along with la dolly vita, that ending build up you know?

if i won the lottery and got a small house somewhere i'd put a kit in it. i loved playing it. it took about like 1/3 of my room. i had to put my dresser in another room

Old 05-30-2017, 10:19 PM   #54
fuzzyroes
Banned

Electric kits really do help qualm the desire of playing. It's obviously not the same experience, but it's still great if you're living in a complex or apartment.

I have mine rigged up to a bass-amp and it's really not so bad. The internal timing and mathematics is a great exercise for the mind as well and can be quite good cardio.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #55
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
qualm
Stop it. We've discussed this.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #56
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Hey qualmsquatters

Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #57
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Is this grammatically correct? "I'm sending you to jail and ruining your life" sounds wrong. And ruin your life.

[...]

It's correct. "Ruining" is present tense, so it agrees with the rest of the sentence.

It alternately could have said, "I will send you to jail and ruin your life."

When grammer trips me up, I remove some clauses and isolate the one giving me trouble. "I'm ruining your life," not "I'm ruin your life." "I will ruin your life" works also.

Re: MDMA acquired some recently and am thinking of trying it out with a lady who's cool with drugs.

A recent date really wanted to try DMT and I mentioned I have some. She seemed excited, but she ghosted me after that.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 PM   #58
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

didn't read the whole thread (sorry about that) -- my quick thoughts --

- didn't realize you were so young
- i understand you're saying you are overly emotional and that this is having a huge negative impact on you, but this is a narrative you've created about yourself. you can ultimately decide whether or not to let something impact you to this degree. it's not an easy thing to accept or believe right away, but there is a lot of great writings out there on this you could read
- do you feel medication is warranted here? particularly if it's making you feel worse. sounds like the normal coping skills anyone needs to develop as they grow up and deal with suboptimal things are really the right kind of thing to focus on
- i second the v-drums suggestion -- your obsession with jimmy has always amused me, but it's clearly rooted in a deep passion and doing what you can do have an outlet for this passion is really important.. one way or another, finding a way to drum is likely going to be healthy for you

good luck hombre

Old 05-31-2017, 12:13 AM   #59
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
if i won the lottery and got a small house somewhere i'd put a kit in it.
If I won the lottery in your country, I'd buy a massive house and all of the surrounding neighborhood.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:18 AM   #60
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post

Re: MDMA acquired some recently and am thinking of trying it out with a lady who's cool with drugs.
both of you are going to tell each other your deepest darkest secrets and then possibly touch each other all over your bodies

just be prepared