Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2017, 02:28 AM   #361
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

It's kind of funny how SJ is only one letter away from SJW.

Well, I suppose you can hope that the God I believe in takes his head out of his ass and realises I should be dead. Dreams are free, after all.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:32 AM   #362
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

I stand by my words, and you continue to reinforce their validity through your words and actions.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:32 AM   #363
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Or you could hope that being an awful bigoted short sighted breeder, I might drown my kids in the tub and commit suicide.

I dunno. If netphorian history is anything to go by, you can vent your frustrations about my posting by plying me with personal insults and wishing for my death.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:33 AM   #364
vixnix
Socialphobic

Oh you already did. Well, I guess our business is concluded then.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:34 AM   #365
vixnix
Socialphobic

May God bless you, Sonic Jonny.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:35 AM   #366
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

your Definitely Not Mad Online is showing

Old 08-12-2017, 02:40 AM   #367
vixnix
Socialphobic

It actually hurts, what you said to me.

I don't know that I've ever actually said anything like that, to you. You disagree with a lot of my opinions, but if anyone has been mad online and shown it, I think it's actually you.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:45 AM   #368
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Yeah and it hurts the queer community when you argue with them about if they should be upset by the word "faggot" or not, which is just the latest on a gargantuan list of painfully offensive, completely obnoxious shit that you post on here and doubtless also say and do in real life.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:52 AM   #369
vixnix
Socialphobic

Well, I haven't argued that.

I've only been talking about the Louis CK bit, and whether or not it's possible that he wrote the joke and people laughed at the joke, without laughing at gay guys and without being anti-gay.

I don't think I've said that gay guys shouldn't be upset by the word faggot. I don't believe that at all.

As for hurting the queer community, I mean, by definition the queer community includes me. So I'd be hurting myself.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:15 AM   #370
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
If I'm being honest, I was really half trolling though. Sorry guys. Half drunk over here. For some reason I act like an ass when I drink.
nah man you're ok. don't let these snowflakes tell you otherwise

Old 08-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #371
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Why does this shitty thread keep going.
Kill it with fire.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #372
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

I genuinely wish my life was simple/small enough to be offended by a smiley from a 90's forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
With me so far?
Quote:
With me so far?
Quote:
With me so far?
Quote:
With me so far?
Quote:
With me so far?
http://i64.tinypic.com/1z5qm1x.png

Old 08-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #373
LaBelle
Socialphobic

http://i.imgur.com/guXtyvg.gif

Old 08-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #374
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...tar33292_1.gif

Old 08-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #375
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
If I'm being honest, I was really half trolling though. Sorry guys. Half drunk over here. For some reason I act like an ass when I drink.

Gay and Faggot were some of the most commonly used insults for me and my friends when I was younger, so I understand.
COLOR ME SHOCKED

Old 08-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #376
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Well, I haven't argued that.

I've only been talking about the Louis CK bit, and whether or not it's possible that he wrote the joke and people laughed at the joke, without laughing at gay guys and without being anti-gay.

I don't think I've said that gay guys shouldn't be upset by the word faggot. I don't believe that at all.

As for hurting the queer community, I mean, by definition the queer community includes me. So I'd be hurting myself.
Look vix I think you have some bad opinions but are mostly a good person doing her best for her kids which is prob the best thing a person can do but

You don't get to call yourself queer because you kissed a girl once. If I'm contributing to bi invisibility here tell me but let's be honest. Cishet married with kids doesn't really get the queer experience.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #377
vixnix
Socialphobic

I didn't kiss a girl once. I had sex with a girl (A) when I was 14, and again when I was 20. And had sex with another girl (B) when I was 16 and we were in a relationship for a few months. I was openly bisexual from the time I was 14, and open about having a crush on an older girl who was 17 at the time. I called her up to tell her and we ended up having late night conversations and writing to each other when she went on exchange in Switzerland. I was open enough about my bisexuality that when my school principal decided our school needed an LGBT support group (in 1997), they approached me to be the president or head gay or whatever you want to call it.

I wore mens clothing and shoes (because women's shoes didn't fit - most stores only stocked up to size ten and I was an eleven) until I met my husband and he didn't like it so I stopped. I used to cut my own hair shorter than most men and for a year I wore a brown Woolley trenchcoat and a Detroit pistons cap just about everywhere I went. On more than one occasion I was called "sir" from behind.

And you're a fucking hypocrite telling someone else whether or not they're queer based on what you know about them and whatever selective information they put out on a message board. Really judgmental and dismissive.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #378
hnibos
Braindead

Eh, still questionable

Old 08-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #379
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
informaloffensive
(of a person) homosexual.
denoting or relating to a sexual or gender identity that does not correspond to established ideas of sexuality and gender, especially heterosexual norms.
"queer geek culture has featured gay themes since the 1980s"
I mean part of the idea of self-identifying queers as I understand it is knowing that they don't have to fall into a neat box of experiences and preferences so why you both feel like you can judge me and evaluate my queerness I don't know.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #380
Bread Regal
Banned

Not saying you're not bi but there is a vast difference in the experiences of Ls Gs Bs and Ts that you can't really project your own experience onto one of the other letters to justify using oppressive language for a laugh.

And the truth is that even though you are bisexual you live a life and project an image that people only associate with cishet people, and so you're generally treated as a cishet person.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #381
LaBelle
Socialphobic

People can't judge you because they don't know your life experiences, that's totally fine and valid.

But why aren't you showing the same discernment when people don't laugh at something you do?

Old 08-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #382
vixnix
Socialphobic

I didn't say that I could project my own experience.

I said that if laughing at the CK bit hurts the queer community then I should feel hurt too, because I'm in the queer community.

I'm treated as a cishet person now, but I wasn't always. So even if I enjoy the privilege now, it's not like I don't know what it's like to be harassed by assholes because of who I am.

I've had frat boy jock types say to my kid brother that I would make a great flanker on the school's rugby team; I've been asked if I had balls and had a group of guys crack up laughing at me. My Dad expressed his disgust at what I was wearing and told me I looked 'like James Dean or something'. Friends and acquaintances often asked why I wore mens clothes.

And to be honest, most people here at netpho despise my cishet lifestyle and it's used as a derogatory term when people are using it to describe me.

So, I'm not a stranger to having my identity ridiculed or cause contempt and disgust, whatever my current identity is.

Just in case it seems that I am a stranger to that, because I'm in a heterosexual relationship right now, and I'm not vocal about being queer.

Again, I can't presume to know what it's like to be a gay male, because I'm not one. I'm sorry that me laughing at the CK bit constitutes an anti-gay act. It isn't one, to me. It's an involuntary reaction to a guy telling a story. I can't change the way I feel about it. I wouldn't persist in a conversation about it anywhere but here. I'm not looking to shit on people with my morally corrupt sense of humour.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #383
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I said that if laughing at the CK bit hurts the queer community then I should feel hurt too, because I'm in the queer community.
Because like every other community it's just a group of people each with their own views, values and bars as to what they think is offensive or moral.

What one may find funny may bother others.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #384
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
People can't judge you because they don't know your life experiences, that's totally fine and valid.

But why aren't you showing the same discernment when people don't laugh at something you do?
I never did that. I didn't tell other people that if they didn't laugh they were wrong.

I'm being told that something I laughed at was anti-gay and hurtful. I didn't see it that way when I laughed at it, and I don't see it that way now. I'm not telling people what it is, or isn't. I'm describing my experience of it and saying it doesn't HAVE to be the thing they believe it is, or experience it as.

I continued talking about it because people were saying

Yes, it HAS to be the way I say it is. It CAN'T be whatever your experience of it is. Your experience is WRONG. You are WRONG when you react in that way.

That isn't how I feel about it. And I don't feel that I'm a bad person with "bad opinions" because I feel that way.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #385
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Because like every other community it's just a group of people each with their own views, values and bars as to what they think is offensive or moral.

What one may find funny may bother others.
I completely agree with that. I don't understand where I disputed that.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #386
Bread Regal
Banned

There are several pages of you disputing that

Old 08-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #387
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post

You don't get to call yourself queer because you kissed a girl once. If I'm contributing to bi invisibility here tell me but let's be honest. Cishet married with kids doesn't really get the queer experience.

BWWAAHAHAHAH...

But Bruce can call himself Caitlyn and its perfectly fine. GTFO with that hypocritical shit.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #388
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

one of those things is not like the other

Old 08-12-2017, 12:27 PM   #389
The Omega Concern
Banned

No, Vix is not like the mentally ill men who think they're a woman and try to breastfeed a baby, completely oblivious to the reality no milk comes from their breast, therefore no feeding occurs. But hey, it's their feelings man...lets all walk on eggshells so they and we can all enjoy their delusion.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #390
LaBelle
Socialphobic

someone posted this in 2017.