Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #31
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Q: "Do you think that maybe one day you could see that reforming or is that just forever in the rearviewmirror?"

Billy:

"I gather speed from you fucking with me. Once and for all, I'm far away. I hardly believe finally the shades are raised."
Now Billy's just plagiarizing entire interviews, jesus

Old 07-31-2018, 03:13 PM   #32
Kahlo

Making me read Pearl Jam lyrics against my will. PERMABAN PLZ

Old 07-31-2018, 03:19 PM   #33
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Now Billy's just plagiarizing entire interviews, jesus
why did I laugh so hard tho

Old 07-31-2018, 05:05 PM   #34
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Critical of unstable, supposedly drug addled, former bassist but OK with unstable, drug addled, former flame Courtney Love.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:06 PM   #35
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Nothing has changed since 1999, when Billy didn't want to give D'arcy the three months for the rehab, but chose Melissa auf der Maur for the upcoming tour.

They don't get along and Corgan doesn't allow people disagreeing him in his band anymore.
That's the main reason he don't want her in the band and didn't try to encourage her full return.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:12 PM   #36
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadofnight View Post
I'm actually okay with Billy on this.

This show is a massive 3+ hour production with multiple dates and a lot of travelling. What would have happened if D'arcy freaked out after the 2nd show and decided it was too much for her after so much time out? They couldn't risk having to cancel such a production and we all know that was a huge possibility.

The offer of having her hop on and off the tour was reasonable because there'd be no pressure on her in any way. If she felt she could do a few songs every night then great, maybe they could start thinking of a mini-tour whereby just the original four would play and see how they got on. If she didn't want to appear at each show, then Jack Bates was there so no worries, the show would go on.

I think we all know, despite our D'arcy-tinted glasses, that she couldn't have just jumped on this massive tour after 19 years out. It was too risky
Billy doesn’t even sing in tune half the time. Where is the risk in having someone play bass imperfectly with a muddy indistinct sound while doubling three guitars an octave lower?

The Smashing Pumpkins are great but they are not a tight, professional sounding live band and they never have been. Billy trying to hold Darcy to a level of musicianship he can’t even approach himself is arrogant bullshit.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:11 AM   #37
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Y’all are fuckin

OBSESSED

it’s a good tour and the last time we’ll get a glimpse of what made the band great

stfu and enjoy it

stfu and enjoy it

I actually "enjoyed" how someone added "#darcywretzky" history hashtags in the comment section of the SP-freaks group Instagram channel to remind on D'arcy having been involved too and that they erased them. #sickandobsessed

Old 08-02-2018, 09:17 AM   #38
Cool As Ice Cream

http://www.splra.org/wiki/images/970704%286%29.jpg

Old 08-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #39
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaguitar View Post
Darcy reminds me of the guy in Kill Bill 2 who used to be an expert sword fighter with one of those fancy swords, but he hasn't picked it up in years and has been dossing about living in a caravan.
Corgan’s Bluff will find you for slandering his fap material

Old 08-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #40
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Calling D'arcy "fap material" will make me light your ugly moustache first, ninsp-sicko...

Old 08-02-2018, 10:56 AM   #41
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Calling D'arcy "fap material" will make me light your ugly moustache first, ninsp-sicko...
I don’t have a mustache tho

Old 08-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #42
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Looks indeed more like extended nose hair...

Old 08-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #43
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
Where is this from?

Old 08-04-2018, 03:39 AM   #44
Cool As Ice Cream

check out the url: 97-07-04.
might be on the tafh reissue dvd?

Old 08-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #45
SpiritDesire
Banned

This tour is the shit. I haven't been to any shows, but from recording it's pretty clear that they're doing really well. I like how Billy is still evolving and open minded enough to change his mind about stuff. Referring to his "the Pumpkins are not a nostalgia act" statement.

I too, am over D'Arcy being out. Three hour nonstop setlists is no joke. She threw her life away, and she keeps blaming Billy for most of the bad decisions she made.

I still love D'Arcy tho, I'll always have a soft spot for her

Old 08-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #46
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritDesire View Post
I too, am over D'Arcy being out. Three hour nonstop setlists is no joke. She threw her life away, and she keeps blaming Billy for most of the bad decisions she made.
Explain your insider knowledge...

Old 08-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #47
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

The tour looks good to me from the videos. I do wish D'arcy was there though, if she was, it'd be a historic moment in rock history. Instead it's just a really solid rock and roll tour.

When it comes to blaming Billy, you've got to keep in mind she was pissed off as hell when throwing out a lot of those insults, just like when Billy was calling James the worst human being he's ever met over some of the lawsuits. From her POV, she was screwed out of a business deal that would have made her millions of dollars, and felt betrayed by a longtime friend in James. She seemed to get everything she had to say out of her system within a span of about two months, and she has appeared to move on with her life.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #48
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
She seemed to get everything she had to say out of her system within a span of about two months, and she has appeared to move on with her life.

Have you talked to her recently?

Old 08-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #49
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Have you talked to her recently?
Last time I talked to her was May, we talked a few times for a week after I wished her a happy 50th birthday. We didn't even really talk about anything related to Smashing Pumpkins the last time I talked to her. She seemed to be moving on with her life, so I haven't wanted to bother her since then, I don't want her to start thinking of the Pumpkins again when seeing a text from the Alternative Nation guy.

I may contact her soon just to see how she's doing, I miss talking to her. I don't even give a shit about the Smashing Pumpkins connection or even talking about what's going on with the band, it's just fun to hear her funny takes on things in life. Like I've said before, my favorite talks with her have been about things that have nothing to do with the band. But like I said, I don't want her to be reminded of the Pumpkins through me. Maybe I'm just being neurotic (I usually am)!

Old 08-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #50
paranoid
Minion of Satan

she moved on so maybe we all can too. it sucked that we were led to believe she was coming back after such a long absence, but when she announced she was not involved i was also not surprised at all. Anyone that followed her on Facebook, or saw some of the drama going on via her boyfriend on Facebook could see that she probably wasn't in the stable kind of place that would allow her to do such intense touring. It's simply not her life anymore, and I agree with BC.. ultimately she didn't want to do it.

I went to see this show, and I've got to say, of all the bassists the pumpkins have had since Darcy, Jack is the one that is the closest to getting Darcy's sound. Very non intrusive sound that ads heaviness and low end to those huge, crisp guitars, and let's the drums sit right up front as well, which is where they need to be. It's what Billy calls "the swim," and that sound was there.

yeah, zero stage presence and all, but at least his sound isn't intrusive or overstepping. Darcy was great at that, Jack is the next best thing as far as that goes.

I could do without Katie Cole's backing vocals, though.. they're a bit too good/perfect.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #51
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I've also gotta say it was fucking great to hear darcy let loose all of her pent up frustrations on billy once and for all publicly. essentially, we got her back for a hot minute and she made it entertaining.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #52
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
she moved on so maybe we all can too. it sucked that we were led to believe she was coming back after such a long absence, but when she announced she was not involved i was also not surprised at all. Anyone that followed her on Facebook, or saw some of the drama going on via her boyfriend on Facebook could see that she probably wasn't in the stable kind of place that would allow her to do such intense touring. It's simply not her life anymore, and I agree with BC.. ultimately she didn't want to do it.

I went to see this show, and I've got to say, of all the bassists the pumpkins have had since Darcy, Jack is the one that is the closest to getting Darcy's sound. Very non intrusive sound that ads heaviness and low end to those huge, crisp guitars, and let's the drums sit right up front as well, which is where they need to be. It's what Billy calls "the swim," and that sound was there.

yeah, zero stage presence and all, but at least his sound isn't intrusive or overstepping. Darcy was great at that, Jack is the next best thing as far as that goes.

I could do without Katie Cole's backing vocals, though.. they're a bit too good/perfect.
Where can I get some of the drugs you are on in order to even begin to enjoy this abomination?

Old 08-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #53
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
I've also gotta say it was fucking great to hear darcy let loose all of her pent up frustrations on billy once and for all publicly. essentially, we got her back for a hot minute and she made it entertaining.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:12 PM   #54
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Where can I get some of the drugs you are on in order to even begin to enjoy this abomination?
Hahahahahah. Well played slunken.

Jack does seem to be a good bass player. But he doesn’t mentally/emotionally/psychologically CHALLENGE Billy.

Sometimes the people in the band who influence the music the most do so not
by the notes they play but by being who they are. Billy needs people to reign him in and keep him cool. That was the genius of D’arcy. And the band is severely hurting without her.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:54 PM   #55
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Billy doesn't want to be challenged by anyone. People asking the wrong question and getting blocked on instagram is proof of that. He can't even handle someone in the Q&A asking him what he thinks his worst song is or are there any songs he regrets releasing (answer: annie dog).

Old 08-06-2018, 12:19 AM   #56
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Truth.