Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-30-2018, 09:58 PM   #91
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
LOL, you also asked for Alex Jones talk to be kept out of your thread and yet you can’t stop talking about him.
I don't mind really. I'm just trying to be conscientious of the posters here who don't like him.

I guess it is hard to avoid because I do think Billy's affiliation with him is a big reason why his new music isn't getting added to playlists. Word is, Billy was more than just a guest on his show. They've apparently hung out. Alex said that Billy gave him a Bohemian Grove staffer jacket as a gift. I have NO IDEA how Billy got his hands on one of those. An interesting tidbit that I haven't seen discussed here.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:05 PM   #92
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I do think Billy's affiliation with him is a big reason why his new music isn't getting added to playlists.

I think a much bigger reason is that it's no longer 1996...

Old 09-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #93
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killly_Borgan View Post
I doubt it. The Music Industry, like any other industry, is interested in money. AS long as you're making it (for someone else) you're fine. Once that slows, you're not so fine.

They would "blackball" someone for behaviour, but it would have to bad, and also get in the way of making money. As offensive as he may be to fans, I don't think he's done much to warrant that.

I think his biggest problem is not quite accepting how much the public choice of music has changed. If he did that, and maybe wrote what he wanted, how he wanted and accepted a scaling-down of things and expectations, he'd be okay.

He's kind of like that guy that refuses to realized he's aged, though he has the wrinkles to prove it.
I dunno... I've considered this, but it's hard to say. What other grunge legend has been thoroughly ripped in the media as much as Billy has? I know he's brought on some of it but he certainly gets held up with criticism much more than any of his peers of the era.

I was thinking of one of his latest Twitter posts. He went on about always being referred to as "Chrome dome" and other jabs about his baldness and if you think about it, guys like Black Francis, Ed Kowaleczk and Maynard James Keenan never get ripped on for being bald as cue-balls. It always seems to be strictly a Corgan thing.

I feel like the Corgan hate in the media was DEFINITELY ramped up around the time that he was being vocal politically. And during the same time his songs wouldn't be added to any playlists even if his life depended on it.

I think now he's got the message and is gonna get back in line, but we'll see.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:12 PM   #94
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Lol Madonna a talentless hack? Fuck off fuzzy
She is. Her whole career arc has been catered and devised by music establishment types. She's not a good singer, she's not a good dancer, she doesn't write her own music... She's a hack.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 PM   #95
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
I bet if you asked Billy about 9/11 he’d find some way to make himself the victim.
I think he's complained about getting some sort of toxic shock disease from breathing in the air in New York afterwards and it apparently fucked up his ankles? And that's why he wears those high-top Gucci sneakers.

Lol I believe this was revealed in that "Where are they now" Rolling Stone hit piece.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #96
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
She is. Her whole career arc has been catered and devised by music establishment types. She's not a good singer, she's not a good dancer, she doesn't write her own music... She's a hack.
Quickly scanning wikipedia, she co-wrote most of her catalog.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #97
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
He got himself silenced by posting outrageous shit like calling murdered kids ‘actors’ and generally being a lying shitheel.
He a conspiracy theorist. Some shit might be bat-shit crazy, but he should have a right to express it as long as he's not breaking the law. And besides, he's getting his ass sued big time by the Sandy Hook families so it should be left up to a court of law to settle things... Not Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:22 PM   #98
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Quickly scanning wikipedia, she co-wrote most of her catalog.
That's bullocks. A lot of these pop-stars get "ghost" writing credits... Simply for giving the writers the "privilege" of showcasing their songs... Same shit happens with Taylor Swift.

It's pretty much a case of "Yeah, you want me to make your song a top 10 hit that'll live on for years and make you a shit ton of money? Then you better give me a piece of the pie and give me a writing credit on it".

I've read a lot about this in books about the music industry.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #99
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That's bullocks. A lot of these pop-stars get "ghost" writing credits... Simply for giving the writers the "privilege" of showcasing their songs... Same shit happens with Taylor Swift.

I've read a lot about this in books about the music industry.
Sure. But I'm referencing the songs from, like, 30-35 years ago.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:26 PM   #100
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

Fuzzy "I've read a lot about this in books" Roes

Old 09-30-2018, 10:31 PM   #101
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
White Fragility and Revenge Politics aren't new though.
Don't you find it curious that artists no longer dare speak out about politics or protest anymore? And no, I'm not talking about liberal propaganda pieces. I'm talking about shit like from the 60's and the 70's where it was about how the whole system is fucked and how we need a total revolt and revolution.

No one dares to speak out anymore... I don't think this is a coincidence. It's pretty much a case of "shut up you mindless entertainer, if you wanna make it in this business, you better tow the line".

Old 09-30-2018, 10:32 PM   #102
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Here ya go fuz

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/10/11...-were-composed

Old 09-30-2018, 10:34 PM   #103
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Don't you find it curious that artists no longer dare speak out about politics or protest anymore? And no, I'm not talking about liberal propaganda pieces. I'm talking about shit like from the 60's and the 70's where it was about how the whole system is fucked and how we need a total revolt and revolution.
What artists are you talking about here?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:36 PM   #104
FoolofaTook

you guys ready for the next wave?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:37 PM   #105
FoolofaTook

http://www.ssgmusic.com/wp-content/u...-12-1-3WEB.jpg

Old 09-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #106
FoolofaTook

http://www.ssgmusic.com/wp-content/u...-12-1-5WEB.jpg

Old 09-30-2018, 10:39 PM   #107
FoolofaTook

http://www.ssgmusic.com/wp-content/u...12-11-4WEB.jpg

Old 09-30-2018, 10:40 PM   #108
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Don't you find it curious that artists no longer dare speak out about politics or protest anymore?
Tom Waits literally just released an anti-fascist song last week. Wilco just put a song promoting BLM a year or two ago. Radiohead just put out a political song as the first single from their newest album. Jeff Mangum performed at Occupy Wall Street several years ago.

This is just off the top of my head. Should I go on?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #109
FoolofaTook

Not unless you are intellectually stimulated by arguing with a dumb, drunk troll.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:26 PM   #110
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Tom Waits literally just released an anti-fascist song last week. Wilco just put a song promoting BLM a year or two ago. Radiohead just put out a political song as the first single from their newest album. Jeff Mangum performed at Occupy Wall Street several years ago.

This is just off the top of my head. Should I go on?
That's cool and all and I respect those artists immensely... But they're not exactly leading any cultural movement.

I'd say Kanye West is pretty much the only real mainstream star going out on a ledge right now.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:33 PM   #111
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
What artists are you talking about here?
You know, you had the Beatles, artists like Bob Dylan and there was just a passionate anti-war movement in those days that was really powerful. No one ever dares protesting that anymore. I think it's because they're politically censored.

Even Joe Rogan, who was once a guy fighting for freedom and against American corruption has totally shilled out. You have these social engineers really laying down the gauntlet on these influential voices.

Look at Hollywood. All of the big-time actors are well aware of the rampant pedophilia problem and are well aware of the sex predator culture, but they dare not speak a word about it because they know it'll be the end of their career if they do. Hardly any big stars even ripped on Weinstein AFTER he was busted. It's absolutely disgusting. We're talking about serial predators here, but hey, as long as these fools are making money, they're thrilled to turn a blind eye.

My point is, if you wanna succeed in the entertainment industry, you have to shut up and stay in line. And I sincerely believe that Billy Corgan has payed a price for not abiding by the rules.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:45 PM   #112
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

if the "ledge" is wearing a MAGA hat & going on about how you don't get enough money to make sneakers, I don't think we're at too much of a loss rn

Old 09-30-2018, 11:47 PM   #113
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Kendrick Lamar & Childish Gambino have made far stronger political statements in their music than Kanye recently anyway. What's more they actually give the impression they care about the shit rather than just wanting added attention. I say this as a moderate KW fan

Old 10-01-2018, 12:03 AM   #114
fuzzyroes
Banned

Fair enough. But political censorship is a growing problem and West has been one of the few relevant artists tackling that issue. He even publicly supported Alex Jones in the midst of his chaos and even Corgan hasn't issued any statements yet.. So Kanye is definitely taking some bold measures.

Word is Kanye has some really creative political initiatives in the works, so we should be seeing him utilizing his platform a lot more in the near future.

The establishment seems really set on sowing division right now... Some experts believe that they're trying to engineer something of a civil war, so it's really important for beloved artists like Kanye to speak up and try and bring people together.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:15 AM   #115
Eulogy
huh

Taylor swift writes fucking everything.

I’m sensing a pattern with you.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:17 AM   #116
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Mods, could you please delete all this Boris stuff?

I don't want it in my thread.
these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #117
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Taylor swift writes fucking everything.

I’m sensing a pattern with you.
Not true. She just gets a co-writing credit in exchange for using peoples songs.

The swede who wrote a bunch of Backstreet Boys and other bubblegum stuff writes a lot for Swift.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #118
fuzzyroes
Banned

@JJ: not cool man...

Old 10-01-2018, 12:23 AM   #119
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Wait, there’s people in this thread defending Madonnas artistic integrity? Lol. She is a talentless hack. Terrible voice. Also, T Swift? She doesn’t write shit. You can change two words of the lyrics and get songwriting credit. Eulogy you’re fkn trippin

Old 10-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #120
fuzzyroes
Banned

Eulogy, you should read the book "The Song Machine"... Really helps explain how these pop-stars operate in this day and age. Don't be fooled by the listings in the CD pamphlet.

Here's an article about the book:

https://nypost.com/2015/10/04/your-f...-by-these-two/

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.co...trip=all&w=300