Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #31
Gossamer
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: We got it like three quarters of the way in whilst on vacation last week. Minor success. Unfortunately she is leaving for England in a couple of days.

this will never actually come out...

also I love this band.

but seriously fuck this band.

their debut is probably just as good as Siamese Dream.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #32
z e r o
Pledge

definitely. lyrically it's pretty weak but the music is corgan-level visionary. very of its time, yet futuristic and ethereal.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #33
MusicMan4

bisle the boss music thread was meant for you to participate in

Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #34
z e r o
Pledge

I've been trying to read it but i'm using a shitty ipad that apparently can't handle a little malware and crashes my browser window whenever I try to open it.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #35
Bremang
Pledge

I shat all my pants when I heard the announcement for a new album at their reunion show.

This band is so great.

Waited 11 years for this second album.

Got all their b-sides/demos.

Can't fucking wait.

They've been posting videos from the studio, I think this album will be all the old tracks Som has written the past decade. One of the videos sounds like their song Cast Aspersions.

Anyone who wants to know, download their album, Finelines. Then get the b-sides album, Between the Lines. Then get a Pyrrhic Victory EP.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #36
Kahlo

Som is full of shit, and has spent a decade living off of that first album. I hope this comes out, but until I'm listening to it I will remain doubtful.

Finelines is a great debut, but please stop comparing it to SD unless you are retardedm or also secretly listen to Silversun Pickups.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #37
Bremang
Pledge

MV have a kickstarter for their new album and reached their goal in just a few days, with a like 400 pledges, including alot of album pre-orders. They have a release date. They have videos from the studio. They are playing 4 shows in October, first tour in years. This is really their last chance to be full of shit. If they don't come through there will be an uprising amongst the fans, and they'll deport Som back to Sri Lanka. He's lived off this debut album for 12 years cause it's that good.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:00 AM   #38
Bremang
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
This is pretty tepid. It's like the most unremarkable parts of Placebo and Stone Temple Pilots. But hey any new blood around here is better than nothin so dont let me discourage you from posting there lil buddy.
Listen to the full albums.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #39
darcy666
Demi-God

I do actually wonder what Som and Ravi have lived on for 10 years, surely they've had 'normal' jobs at some point? It's not like Finelines made them millionaires? I wonder what they've actually been doing..

Old 09-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #40
Kahlo

impressionable fangirls.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #41
Bremang
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcy666 View Post
I do actually wonder what Som and Ravi have lived on for 10 years, surely they've had 'normal' jobs at some point? It's not like Finelines made them millionaires? I wonder what they've actually been doing..

Who knows. Ravi and the bassist chick played for Dirty Agnes on a track and at a show.
Som was backstage and in the VIP at every festival and concert on the planet. Didn't Ravi get some kind of degree?

Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #42
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremang View Post
Who knows. Ravi and the bassist chick played for Dirty Agnes on a track and at a show.
Som was backstage and in the VIP at every festival and concert on the planet. Didn't Ravi get some kind of degree?
Plus, haven't they been playing exclusively sold out shows pretty regularly, sometimes in pretty large venues? Still, I would be amazed if they could still live off of Finelines. It's pretty amazing such a large crowd still gives a shit after they've been unable to deliver for a long, long time now.

Besides, weren't they dropped from their previous label? That would imply that the first album didn't do THAT well financially.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:18 AM   #43
Radiofred
Apocalyptic Poster

They were probably dropped because they were no longer the "IN" sounding band. All those indie garage-esque bands flooded the early to mid 00's. They all had shitty guitar tones and tight jeans and leather jackets. Speaking of My Vitriol, Anyone remember King Adora? They completely ripped off SIYL with one of their songs.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #44
Kahlo

The single was 'Suffocate'. That band was embarrassing.

http://www.nme.com/reviews/king-adora/3997

Old 09-27-2013, 04:38 AM   #45
Bremang
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac View Post
Plus, haven't they been playing exclusively sold out shows pretty regularly, sometimes in pretty large venues? Still, I would be amazed if they could still live off of Finelines. It's pretty amazing such a large crowd still gives a shit after they've been unable to deliver for a long, long time now.

Besides, weren't they dropped from their previous label? That would imply that the first album didn't do THAT well financially.

They barely toured. Before their comeback show this year, they played a couple shows in 2009, and only a handful of show between that and their first album.

There are two versions of Finelines. The American version is a different mix. The original is way better. They only had a chance to play 5 shows in America. MTV and Napster basically died before they put out an album. Youtube and torrents weren't around yet. Their demos for the second album leaked early on. The label dropped em.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:17 AM   #46
Bremang
Pledge

New Album was supposed to come out today. It was postponed until June 1st. Band claims a "Double Release." New Album will be out along with "The Secret Sessions"

Old 04-01-2014, 07:10 AM   #47
Kahlo

Do you want to bet that we won't see it on June 1st?

Old 04-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #48
Bremang
Pledge

lol I honestly don't know at this point. I think if they didn't put something out June 1st, that will be the lowest blow the band has given to it's fan base. This is the first time they explicitly said they will have something to release at an exact date. But given their history, you would have to think they'd postpone it yet again.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #49
brutechinasky
Demi-God

it's going to be a huge disappointment, like MBV and duke nukem forever

Old 05-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #50
Gossamer
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: We got it like three quarters of the way in whilst on vacation last week. Minor success. Unfortunately she is leaving for England in a couple of days.

hahaha so what's going on here?

Old 05-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #51
Xteenmachine
Ownz

true story: i saw ravi in goodge st

Old 05-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #52
Kahlo

cool story bro.

less than a month until it isn't released.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #53
Gossamer
Apocalyptic Poster

yeah so this is silly. June 30th is the release date and there's basically no other info out there.

no single. nothing.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #54
Kahlo

i'm on my 6th day of not listening and it's as good as anything that they have released in the last 10 years

Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #55
Gossamer
Apocalyptic Poster

lame

Old 06-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #56
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremang View Post
There are two versions of Finelines. The American version is a different mix. The original is way better. They only had a chance to play 5 shows in America. MTV and Napster basically died before they put out an album. Youtube and torrents weren't around yet. Their demos for the second album leaked early on. The label dropped em.
Interesting. My copy of Finelines sounds like shit, there's no bottom end to speak of and it's difficult to listen to.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #57
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

yeah, that album sounds like shit indeed.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #58
Gossamer
Apocalyptic Poster

5 days

Old 06-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #59
Kahlo

put finelines on in the car yesterday. The mix is absolutely shitty.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #60
Gossamer
Apocalyptic Poster

delayed again until July 15th. lmfao. what a shit show.