Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #991
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Lol you cared so much that you actually contacted the writer about it?
Actually we were talking about siddhartha. Everyone was flipping over monte being the new social media person. So I asked her if monte told her that.

Monte 4ever!

Old 04-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #992
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
how do you even know all of this for a fact?

No offense but you seem sort of obsessive
I worked with them.

You are obsessive about mike byrne. At least monte has talent.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #993
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

By the way I was on the skype convo with monte the social media person and marie from bystarlight when it happened.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #994
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
I worked with them.

You are obsessive about mike byrne. At least monte has talent.
Lol as much as I don't think Byrnes carrying his weight in the band, theres no way he's less talented than Monte.

Any old schmuck can set up a blog and make updates. Takes no talent at all nowadays.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #995
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Lol as much as I don't think Byrnes carrying his weight in the band, theres no way he's less talented than Monte.

Any old schmuck can set up a blog and make updates. Takes no talent at all nowadays.
It was a joke dummy face.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #996
slunken
Virgo

thanks for that - i was getting a little muddled.

Quote:
This might help:

The thing is Corgan puts people in touch with monte, tells them to work with Monte.
i've always assumed it was kind of the other way around. In the sense that people who are writing about billy go to/find monte's page as the most definitive source. you are talking strictly about social media, so i'm not 100% sure why billy would direct anyone to monte. for what, exactly?

being on top of social media is one thing - being a "media consultant" is something else entirely different.

and offhand - no i don't remember that 1-word answer thing. was it this??

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...nestriplol.jpg

Old 04-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #997
slunken
Virgo

or is it just that the real social media person wants dibs on information that monte might be privvy to?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #998
slunken
Virgo

my point being - i don't see how that's some nefarious game of chess on monte's behalf

Old 04-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #999
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Basically billy would tell the social media person for sp to contact monte and work with monte. I don't know about others in SP world. Late Summer 2012 is when I stopped knowing things first hand. Also, after the social media person I worked with left it all became more and more cloudy.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #1000
slunken
Virgo

idk if anyone follows nin at all or has followed nin but monte is like the antithesis of rob sheridan and rob ain't all that great either i can't help but see the connection maybe that's why pakula abandoned 4ia he didn't get the job

Old 04-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #1001
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
or is it just that the real social media person wants dibs on information that monte might be privvy to?
She wants to know what Monte is releasing about billy before it is release because she was much more involved than just social media, she was kerry browns former partner and took over for kerry fully. She was in charge of the online perception of SP. She has to make sure no info is being release that shouldn't. I guess you had to see Monte as he was being advised he needs to let her know what he is up to. He was not pleased.

Monte reminds me of some of my former coworkers who eventually worked their way up to top positions and got people fired.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #1002
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Basically billy would tell the social media person for sp to contact monte and work with monte. I don't know about others in SP world. Late Summer 2012 is when I stopped knowing things first hand. Also, after the social media person I worked with left it all became more and more cloudy.
yea see i think it was just born out of a first come/first serve "put in the most amount of face time" basis

sp social media: so tell me all the time all the updates all the blablablabla
bills: idk just ask monte

monte gets shit on a lot but personally i think the blame is bills laziness not monte's deceptive qualities, if anything

Old 04-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #1003
slunken
Virgo

i can't belive i just typed that, just saying

truth is stranger than fiction - the dude - monte - has been putting in facetime for over a decade

Old 04-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #1004
slunken
Virgo

regardless -

an official social media person for a big band is nothing more than a bunch of spam anyway

"HEY NOW PLAYING"
"HEY TICKETS NOW SALE"
"HEY NEW ALBUMZ'

Old 04-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #1005
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
yea see i think it was just born out of a first come/first serve "put in the most amount of face time" basis

sp social media: so tell me all the time all the updates all the blablablabla
bills: idk just ask monte

monte gets shit on a lot but personally i think the blame is bills laziness not monte's deceptive qualities, if anything
Billy is the reason a lot of dumb stuff happened, the gate keepers in general were billy's idea. Where Monte has issues is control and he is smart to do it. Monte made sure no one would take his spot, he also is uninterested to connect corgan with fans.

For instance recently, I was told of some movie called honey spider that wanted corgan's song in the film. It is a horror b movie and so they tried contacting monte for help to connect to corgan. Monte ignored them completely which sounds like no biggie but that is what originally monte was supposed to do. The whole point of gatekeepers. Anyways the movie people were helped by another fan and put in touch with management and so billy was told.

There is so much stuff, blah I don't want to go into a huge monte discussion again.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:55 PM   #1006
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I don't think he technically has social media person anymore, I know that Rynda was the last professional running the show but that was it. My understanding is that Billy only directly controls his own twitter account and leaves the rest of the social media to others. The rest, all the other Twitter and Facebook profiles (SP, WPC, Zuzu's), are usually run by the same person. There's similar content and constant retweet/reposting between all of them except Billy's twitter. Apparently the teahouse twitter used to be run by someone else, but an acquaintance just recently told me that zuzu's manager (i.e. BC's girlfriend) is the one usually running the accounts now. I had a hunch that Billy wasn't the one behind the SP accounts or even his own FB account (as all of them have become completely redundant). I thought it was really weird, but I guess it does explain why monte is no longer in the position he was in before with Billy. I thought Billy would actually use his own FB account but I really don't think he cares for social media all that much, and he's probably still upset about what happened last time.

Quote:
This I completely agree with. Monte is a lot of things but Billy is very much to blame for putting him in that position and being too lazy/ignorant/stupid to figure out what was happening. I'm sure there were plenty of people that complained, some even directly to Billy, and what did he do? Absolutely nothing. If anything, he encouraged Monte.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #1007
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
I don't think he technically has social media person anymore, I know that Rynda was the last professional running the show but that was it. My understanding is that Billy only directly controls his own twitter account and leaves the rest of the social media to others. The rest, all the other Twitter and Facebook profiles (SP, WPC, Zuzu's), are usually run by the same person. There's similar content and constant retweet/reposting between all of them except Billy's twitter. Apparently the teahouse twitter used to be run by someone else, but an acquaintance just recently told me that zuzu's manager (i.e. BC's girlfriend) is the one usually running the accounts now. I had a hunch that Billy wasn't the one behind the SP accounts or even his own FB account (as all of them have become completely redundant). I thought it was really weird, but I guess it does explain why monte is no longer in the position he was in before with Billy. I thought Billy would actually use his own FB account but I really don't think he cares for social media all that much, and he's probably still upset about what happened last time.

This I completely agree with. Monte is a lot of things but Billy is very much to blame for putting him in that position and being too lazy/ignorant/stupid to figure out what was happening. I'm sure there were plenty of people that complained, some even directly to Billy, and what did he do? Absolutely nothing. If anything, he encouraged Monte.

SP management was in charge of the social media after Rynda left. Not sure if this last dude is still handling it.

I was told by a friend of Monte that billy sees monte as someone who has been unfairly bullied just like he was. So he gives monte an opportunity. It makes a lot of sense to me. I guess maybe it is different when you are working directly with monte and told you have to get along prior to being privy to anything.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:17 AM   #1008
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
SP management was in charge of the social media after Rynda left. Not sure if this last dude is still handling it.
Don't know what happened right after Rynda left, but this person seemed certain about who was running the profiles these days. Though, what I'm not 100% sure on is if this person was specifically talking about the tea shop accounts or all of the accounts. I just don't see the point of starting a WPC account when Billy's not the one who's even using it (he doesn't even like reading them), it's kind of deceiving. I guess they think it's a good marketing idea.

Quote:
I was told by a friend of Monte that billy sees monte as someone who has been unfairly bullied just like he was. So he gives monte an opportunity. It makes a lot of sense to me. I guess maybe it is different when you are working directly with monte and told you have to get along prior to being privy to anything.
That does make sense, but it's still Billy's fault due to his poor lack of judgment. It seems he's easily taken in by others, whether it be supposed friends/lovers/bandmates/etc.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #1009
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

MARGIN

MARGIN

SP ALBUM STUDIO UPDATE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPC
KISS THIS
Thrilled to report that we now have our album in total, as top songs are arranged and set for drum tracking. So over the next 3 days I’ll be focusing on vocal arrangements, lyrics, and tweaking the overall aesthetics of the record as I hope it shall be. At least then I’ll be able to share a different narrative for a spell, and get off this merry-go-round we’ve all been on.

That said, unless I manage to write another corker in the next month, here lies the tracklisting for ‘MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY’ (all titles subject to change):

BEING BEIGE (WORLD’S ON FIRE)
ANTI-HERO
TIBERIUS
RUN TO ME
ONE AND ALL
DRUM AND FIFE
DORIAN
MONUMENTS
ANAISE

W.P.C.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:51 AM   #1010
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
Don't know what happened right after Rynda left, but this person seemed certain about who was running the profiles these days. Though, what I'm not 100% sure on is if this person was specifically talking about the tea shop accounts or all of the accounts. I just don't see the point of starting a WPC account when Billy's not the one who's even using it (he doesn't even like reading them), it's kind of deceiving. I guess they think it's a good marketing
I think currently Chloe is running the FBs and all twitter stuff but Billy's twitter. Billy doesn't even retweet nexus that much. He does read his twitter, he also responds to DMs.

Prior there were two different dudes who ran the social media, I have met one of them twice. The other one I had no contact with and that is when many fans but monte were involved.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:06 AM   #1011
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, the @billy account is the only one he looks at/responds to, but he doesn't run his WPC FB account and it shows.

All the accounts meld into one, it's just a constant retweet/reposting of everything even remotely associated with Billy. The problem with not having a professional media consultant (or anyone who actually knows what they're fucking doing) is that people get annoyed when SP accounts start posting/tweeting about things that most SP fans wouldn't care about (i.e. how many dogs were adopted at a private zuzu's event). I think she's overzealous with the cross promoting.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:07 AM   #1012
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPC
At least then I’ll be able to share a different narrative for a spell, and get off this merry-go-round we’ve all been on.
Maybe this means he'll actually post something a bit more interesting from here on out. Maybe some lyrics, clips, stories, etc.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:26 AM   #1013
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
top songs are arranged and set for drum tracking.
Nice teaser...who is it going to be...

Old 04-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #1014
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YO3xlp4BxC...1600/allen.jpg

Old 04-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #1015
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Nice teaser...who is it going to be...
I will be happy at literally anybody other than Mike at this point. ANYBODY.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #1016
T&T
Socialphobic

Billy Corgan himself will be programing the drums!
& the cymbals will be recorded live as an overdub, billy corgan at the sticks.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #1017
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Only 9 songs?

Old 04-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #1018
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

9 songs won't even finish TBK!

Old 04-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #1019
Implosion
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy drevpile View Post
I will be happy at literally anybody other than Mike at this point. ANYBODY.
http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images...ff3-630-80.jpg

You rang?

Old 04-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #1020
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I hope Billy finds someone from burger king this time.