Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #31
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

1. I go through phases but the car is probably the most consistent place I listen to music. I only have a CD player though, so anything I want to listen to has to be burned to a disc. I also have quite a nice home stereo system (Marantz head, Polk speakers, ProJect turntable) which sounds fucking amazing, but the easiest place to get new music is by listening on the computer of course.

2. Generally whole album. I have always liked the idea of albums much more than standalone songs and although I switch it up and listen to mixes and stuff, I almost never use a shuffle feature.

3. Car or headphones is usual. I have Grado SR80 headphones which are real workhorses and I love them even after 10 years of daily use... absolutely the best headphones for $100 bucks (or at least that's what they cost a decade ago). The sound from my Polk speakers is superior but they're only hooked up to a turntable right now

4. Spotify, which I actually got into recently and it is amazing. If you use it on your computer, you can listen to full albums or any song you want whenever. And if you have an adblocker, there are no ads and you just have to reload the page from time to time. Truly fucking awesome and has fueled me getting into some new stuff after a relatively stale period

Old 02-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #32
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

1. Dedicated Flac player. I used to use my phone but fucked up the headphone jack.

2. Selected tracks in isolation or full albums. I never use shuffle.

3. Sennnheiser headphones. I virtually always listen on the go.

4. I browse youtube for artists to get into and purchase about twenty physical albums a year and two digital ones off itunes, which I always have to keep reinstalling.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #33
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

well, with my eyes of course!

Old 02-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #34
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

1. What device/program do you play most of your music through?
Foobar on my desktop, CD player in my van.

2. shuffle or whole album?
Whole album.

3. speakers, headphones, or car? (preferred or usual).
Speakers.

4. What internet radio or music site do you like and why?[/quote]
None.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #35
MarquisInSpades
Banned

1. My Philips Fidelio dock paired up with my iPod 4th gen. Been using this shit for almost 4 years lol. Otherwise, my FiiO and a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50x's. When I'm out, I use a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones with aptX HD, so I can still get to listen to 24-bit music at good bitrates through my phone.

2. Whole album, I usually just skip a track if I'm not in the mood for it.

3. Speakers. Headphones when I'm out. But at a low volume so I can hear stuff around me too. I don't have a car and I'm not old enough to drive, so there's that.

4. I don't use any of them, I used to like ex.fm when I was like, 13, but Napster bought it and it's shit now. Fuck you, Sean Parker! I just pirate my music now. And buy any albums I end up liking. Or I just rip my dad's CDs, that's how I first heard Mellon Collie. :')

Old 02-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #36
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

My way of listening to music is kind of "ass backwards" at the moment
When I'm at home or office it's almost exclusively mp3s, streaming, YouTube but in the car i've been having to do only CD's or radio - the aux input doesn't work & there's no USB insert or anything like that, i been bringing back CD-RWs into my life to function as flash drives of sorts & frankly, it's not so bad

Old 02-08-2018, 10:41 PM   #37
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Q. How do I listen to music?

A. With my ears.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:06 AM   #38
LaBelle
Socialphobic

mah phone

I usually like to shuffle by artist

headphones when i'm walking around, bt speakers at home.

4. What internet radio or music site do you like and why?
I have been doing the apple music trial and think i'm sticking to it. I just find it kinda annoying that at least on my phone there's a pause between tracks which makes listening to live albums a bad experience.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #39
House of Bread
FKA Siamese33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
I stream on my phone with headphones mostly, but also at home (i'm more likely to listen to Podcasts at home than when i'm in transit).

I like to listen to whole albums but I don't always feel inclined to. My process is usually that i'll scope something online, listen to at least half the album if there's a stream up before i decide wether to add it to the library or not. Then I make a point of listening to the whole thing in one go at least once no matter what it is, unless it's really not doing it for me. After that if i go back to a record a lot i usually find that i'll work out what my fav songs are and kinda mentally compile a playlist of what to skip to and then i just tailor it based on how much time i have for listening. If i'm doing something for a couple hours i'll just cue up a handful of albums, try and set a mood, and just let them run on shuffle.

I use Apple music, partly cause it's unmetered streaming on my phone plan and also cause i actually prefer it to Spotify; there's no cap on library size, it already has my old music collection indexed (mostly), and the recommendations playlist is really diverse and i've found a whole lot of good stuff from it. I know apple are fucked but yeah. I also try to spend $20-$50 a month (where i can) buying stuff off Bandcamp, even if i've got it in my streaming library, cause it's like, i know that $5-10/album will almost all go to the artist and add up to way more than all my streams combined.
Are you me? This is to a T, everything I do.

Except I don't run albums on shuffle.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #40
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
holy FUCK whyyyy
lolololo!

Old 02-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #41
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust and Ashes View Post

4. What internet radio or music site do you like and why?
1. Hi-fi

2. Whole album, unless it's an album by Hole, in which case I shuffle the Hole album.

3. Speakers

4. I used to like totalrock... about 15 years ago.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:52 AM   #42
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I don't listen to music much anymore because it's just harder for me to get into it and enjoy it as much as I used to.

Probably just a symptom of being engulfed by the void.
should probably just get away from metal

could change your life