Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
shannon
Minion of Satan

Default nightmares

so, for the past two weeks, i have been having really vivid nightmares...

nightmare 1: i woke up with a white cat sitting on top of me, the cat had blood all over it's chest... i jumped out of bed and walked into the kitchen to see blood everywhere. i turned the corner and my cat's head was closed into the kitchen cabinet... i started screaming and then i woke up... after i woke up, i fell back asleep only to start having the same dream over again... this time i knew right away that it was a nightmare, so i woke myself up

nightmare 2: i was standing in a pond with 12 chinese men who all had these big white earmuffs on their heads; there were 4 rows with 3 men in each. they were diggin their hands in the water to find this "bug", there were bugs all over me and they looked like little boxes with red eyes, but it didn't even phase me... no one was saying anything and the only sound was the sound of hands hitting water...

nightmare 3: i was coming home from work with my sister, and we looked into the window of our apartment to see two unknown men sitting on her bed... we snuck into the house quietly and crawled on the floor towards the phone... she bumped into a lamp and knocked it over... the men came out of the room with pizza boxes in their hands and said "well, i guess it's time"... they dropped the pizza boxes and both glared at us... they grabbed my sister and bent her over and started raping her in front of me

nightmare 4: my boyfriend proposed to me in my apartment, after i said "i do", everything got dark, and a "demon" type of thing came from out of my shower and blew by me saying something i couldn't make out... i turned around to see where he had gone, and i noticed i was in a white wedding dress... i had a skelton doll type of thing on my mantle and he jumped down and ran up to me and tugged on my dress, and said something that i also could not make out... then i started screaming to my mother that the demons always come when things are good and that i can't go on living the way things had been going...

nightmare 5: i was in a strange basement where a little boy was being held hostage... i told the boy that i was coming back from him and that i was going to find the person who was keeping him here... the guy came out from behind a door and i hid behind a bookcase... i looked up to the ceiling and there was a big mirror with this face of this big, fat man with little teeth and black eyes... i kept quiet and i heard somebody walking down the stairs... i looked up and there was a man in a suit, he told the other man that his time was up, and that he needed to come with him... the man started walking upstairs with the man in the suit, and he turned around and glared at me with this insane smile... all of a sudden, after they had gotten up the stairs, i saw him grab a sledgehammer... he started shaking it slowly at me through the crack in the door at the top of the stairs, as to threaten me... then, right above my head, he bashed the sledgehammer through the stairs, and with every step i took, he did the same...

there have been more like this too, but i can't remember the rest of them, and i don't feel like typing anymore because this is long enough

does anyone else go through phases like this? where you have nightmares on a daily basis?

Old 07-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

no

Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
shannon
Minion of Satan

cool

Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i had a nightmare that some chinese pharmacist was a bully around rite aid and i threatened her job by telling her I had all her antics on tape. we got into a verbal argument were I repeatedly called her a bitch and a fag over and over again.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
likeicare
Ownz

Location: the middle of a reptile zoo, and somebody is giving booze to these goddamn things. Won't be long now before they tear us to shreds.

u're lying... too much details in your "nightmares". sorry

Old 07-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #6
shannon
Minion of Satan

that's why they are "vivid"... normally i don't remember shit, but i remember the fuck out of these

i have no need to lie about my nightmares

Old 07-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
Shapan
Socialphobic

wow those are some trippy dreams

something has to be bugging you that you're not expressing

Old 07-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
murgle
Shaz doesn't fuck around.

Yeah. I always have very strange dreams, and sometimes they can be considered nightmares.

I just woke up from one. It started out relatively "normal" for me, but by the end, I was trying to save these people (my family? I'm not sure who they were, to be honest) from this man who was holding us all captive. Only it started out that he was on our side, so everyone trusted him. Anyway, right when I woke up, I was beating this guy up, and using something (I have no idea what it was, but looked like a USB cable) to electrocute him to get him off me.

Ugh.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #9
shannon
Minion of Satan

ugh is right... sometimes i like having them, but shit, this is just getting ridiculous

Old 07-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #10
kristin xp
Minion of Satan

yeah usually when i have nightmares its' because i'm extremely anxious or putting off something big in my life that needs addressing.

it could also be how you sleep. like if you sleep on your back a certain way or with a pillow blocking your air maybe you'd have worse nightmares.

i'd look into getting like a worry journal so you could write down all the shit you need to do the next day and get it off your mind so you could sleep peacefully.

and those nightmares are fucked up! the bloody cat one especially!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:38 PM   #11
murgle

shannon, ever have lucid nightmaring? I do. This last one was, to an extent... I mean, I couldn't control as much as I usually could.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
shannon
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin xp
yeah usually when i have nightmares its' because i'm extremely anxious or putting off something big in my life that needs addressing.

it could also be how you sleep. like if you sleep on your back a certain way or with a pillow blocking your air maybe you'd have worse nightmares.

i'd look into getting like a worry journal so you could write down all the shit you need to do the next day and get it off your mind so you could sleep peacefully.

and those nightmares are fucked up! the bloody cat one especially!
yeah, and they are not exaggerated by any means, in fact, i'm probably not even remembering a lot of the other shit

i sleep on my tummy... i wouldn't think that the way you sleep would have much to do with it though, but i dunno

Old 07-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #13
shannon
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle
shannon, ever have lucid nightmaring? I do. This last one was, to an extent... I mean, I couldn't control as much as I usually could.
very rarely... i can hardly ever control them, even when i start to realize that it is just a dream

Old 07-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
likeicare
Ownz

Location: the middle of a reptile zoo, and somebody is giving booze to these goddamn things. Won't be long now before they tear us to shreds.

it all makes sense...

1 your cat is old and about to die.

2 you want to visit asia and get in touch with the culture, perhaps eating some bugs.

3 your sister is having troubles in her sex-life with her boyfriend/husband as he has been thinking about spicing it up by inviting his buddy to a threesome while they have some pizza.

4 you have been thinking about marriage but ur not comfortable with the idea ( but ur mom says u should )

5 you don't want kids as u're afraid the child could end up being kidnapped

Old 07-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #15
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

man i'd like to have a very lucid dream now. my life has been a little bit too devoid of dreaming, literally and figuratobacco

Old 07-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #16
kristin xp
Minion of Satan

yeah oxygen levels and giving your limbs enough space to move around could have a lot to do with how your dreams are played out. stacy here has these sleep paralysis dreams everytime she sleeps on her back, and its due to certain chemicals in your brain not acting right. i should read up on this.

i'd look into the anxiety aspect or the unfinished tasks and stuff you feel is out of control in your life and maybe try and fix those as a way to see if that's whats' causing them.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #17
shannon
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeicare
it all makes sense...

1 your cat is old and about to die.

2 you want to visit asia and get in touch with the culture, perhaps eating some bugs.

3 your sister is having troubles in her sex-life with her boyfriend/husband as he has been thinking about spicing it up by inviting his buddy to a threesome while they have some pizza.

4 you have been thinking about marriage but ur not comfortable with the idea ( but ur mom says u should )

5 you don't want kids as u're afraid the child could end up being kidnapped
haha!

those are all wrong, but good try!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:45 PM   #18
Shapan
Socialphobic

haha kristin

you probably just have shit bugging you shannon, go to sleep while listening to queens and josh homme will save you at the end of all nightmares

Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #19
shannon
Minion of Satan

Quote:
i'd look into the anxiety aspect or the unfinished tasks and stuff you feel is out of control in your life and maybe try and fix those as a way to see if that's whats' causing them.
i've always had really bad anxiety, so i don't know if it could be this...

it could be though, i go through these phases usually about every 6 months

Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #20
murgle

Quote:
yeah oxygen levels and giving your limbs enough space to move around could have a lot to do with how your dreams are played out. stacy here has these sleep paralysis dreams everytime she sleeps on her back, and its due to certain chemicals in your brain not acting right. i should read up on this.

I'll agree with this, to an extent. Whenever I have nightmares, though, I never wake up in one position.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #21
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

One time I dreamed I couldn't find a pack of Camel Turkish Golds at Bonnaroo and then I saw Conan O'brien walking around and then we were forced into a virtual reality survival horror game and we died

Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #22
kristin xp
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
haha kristin

you probably just have shit bugging you shannon, go to sleep while listening to queens and josh homme will save you at the end of all nightmares
i'm just sayin what's worked for me in the past.

i had been in a car wreck with an 18wheeler (as a passenger) and i was the one making sure everything was ok while someone else called the cops and i never really dealt with the anxiety all that causes and ended up having really intense nightmares like being in a carriage and talking to the driver, turning away, then turning back and his face was a snarling wolf about to eat me with blood dripping out of its mouth. i had about 2 more of those and knew it was from the anxiety of the car wreck and worrying about all the drama with my friend at the time, still sucked ass, but knowing the cause and thinking about it helped.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #23
Shapan
Socialphobic

ok

Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #24
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

this is what happens when you cut back on drinking.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #25
shannon
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
well thats the other problem... i really don't have much going on in my life right now, or rather, i don't have much "stress" in my life... however, i still always feel like my chest is caving in when i am in normal, daily situations, and i always feel like my mind is racing... i really have no reason to feel this way

but i don't want to make this thread about me... i just want to know if this happens to other people

Old 07-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #26
shannon
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years
yeah, that "cutting back" thing lasted about a week!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #27
kristin xp
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years
thats actually pretty true. all that cytochrome p450 with no alcohol to digest could increase cortisone the stress hormone lol

Old 07-24-2007, 07:00 PM   #28
Shapan
Socialphobic

nightmares are normal, but they're usually triggered. even when people are generally always stressed, there is usually something specific that is bothering you that wasnt before, and that's why you're having them.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #29
kristin xp
Minion of Satan

thats what i was saying shapan

Old 07-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #30
Shapan
Socialphobic

i know, thats all you needed to say. you just sound funny sometimes when you try and get all technical and whatnot, nothing wrong with it you still made some good points.