Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #61
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I mean just as well that they're coming out with accusations...not that he's a rapist. I don't rejoice at tht...

Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #62
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Well now that i know she mentioned it in a book back in 2008, I'm willing to believe it. I didn't know though that rape accusations had been following Cosby for a long time. that's just as well because I think the guy has been an overrated comedian and occasional dick coasting on his benevolent cosby show image for decades.

Hes been on talk shows a lot those past two years and i have to mute it everytime. He's a rambling half senile old man.

O.K. there white boy. Just back it up one sec...

You're probably right about coasting on the 'cosby show' image. That aside, regardless of whatever comes of these allegations, he's a cultural icon who likely has great sympathy within the black community at present. I mean, if the ladies in Baltimore are still gonna show up to a Ravens game with Ray Rice jersey's on, that sentiment will carry over to Bill and for good reason.

We all have skeletons in our closet. Some worse than others I'm sure, but all subject to be made much worse than they actually are. Beware the society that dashes aside those considered elder and wise. Here in America, I'm guessing somewhere in the TPTB, they need to divert attention from all their ritual pedophilia and child sacrifices. What better than to target a cultural icon who has recently espoused some controversial opinion about the current culture. The type that would make him an easy target for those wishing to silence not just him, but his point of view on the direction of the culture.

I'll cut to the chase here TEB,

the social programmers want you to think he's senile and bitter and for you (the youth) to consider his view on the culture as such as well.

Devious bastards...but I know their game. a bit too well unfortunately...but I digress.

This latest media momentum to what has previously been a hush-hush subject feels coordinated to me, for some of the reasons I express above. We got a bunch of pedophiliac child ritual sacrificial freaks running this world, but hey, we gotta expose Bill Cosby for being much like many men with his influence back in the day and even today.

O.K. knock yourselves out. I'm about done with this story...

Old 11-20-2014, 08:57 PM   #63
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
We all have skeletons in our closet. Some worse than others I'm sure, but all subject to be made much worse than they actually are. Beware the society that dashes aside those considered elder and wise. Here in America, I'm guessing somewhere in the TPTB, they need to divert attention from all their ritual pedophilia and child sacrifices. What better than to target a cultural icon who has recently espoused some controversial opinion about the current culture. The type that would make him an easy target for those wishing to silence not just him, but his point of view on the direction of the culture.

I'll cut to the chase here TEB,

the social programmers want you to think he's senile and bitter and for you (the youth) to consider his view on the culture as such as well.

Devious bastards...but I know their game. a bit too well unfortunately...but I digress.

This latest media momentum to what has previously been a hush-hush subject feels coordinated to me, for some of the reasons I express above. We got a bunch of pedophiliac child ritual sacrificial freaks running this world, but hey, we gotta expose Bill Cosby for being much like many men with his influence back in the day and even today.

O.K. knock yourselves out. I'm about done with this story...
no see ive come to this opinion by myself by watching him on talk shows.

I don't care what his views about anything are, even if i happened to see eye to eye with everything he said, i' still want him to do time for the rapes he committed an still think hes a horrible person. Yes a lot of men like him have gotten away with it all their lives and will keep on getting away with it, well thank god at least ONE of them might get to answer for it. I dont really give a shit the reasons behind it to be honest. Rape is hardly a few skeletons in the closet. "oh well ive raped some women" "oh well you know...we've all made mistakes.."

Seriously you think anyone out there still cares THAT much about what Cosby has to say and whatever influence he may have? He's hardly MLK and he's gonna be dead soon enough so he wouldn't be worth the trouble to discredit. If anything some women realised they couldn't live with themselves by letting him finish his life without ever having had to answer for it and realised it was either now or never

Old 11-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #64
Eulogy
huh

Why are you replying to him

Old 11-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #65
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I know.

I wondered myself but then did it anyway.

That's the thought process behind most of my posts. "I shouldnt... ah what the hell"

Old 11-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #66
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
no see ive come to this opinion by myself by watching him on talk shows.

I don't care what his views about anything are, even if i happened to see eye to eye with everything he said, i' still want him to do time for the rapes he committed an still think hes a horrible person. Yes a lot of men like him have gotten away with it all their lives and will keep on getting away with it, well thank god at least ONE of them might get to answer for it. I dont really give a shit the reasons behind it to be honest. Rape is hardly a few skeletons in the closet. "oh well ive raped some women" "oh well you know...we've all made mistakes.."

Seriously you think anyone out there still cares THAT much about what Cosby has to say and whatever influence he may have? He's hardly MLK and he's gonna be dead soon enough so he wouldn't be worth the trouble to discredit. If anything some women realised they couldn't live with themselves by letting him finish his life without ever having had to answer for it and realised it was either now or never

To your last point, no, I don't expect an ageist culture to care THAT much about what he says. It's kind of the point. You fell into it as well, albeit from a legitimate point of view.

So...............................

What I'm really saying here is, Bill Cosby has just entered Bill Clinton territory with all these rape allegations. Now, why hasn't there been any momentum for those ladies stories on the ex President? I got a spell that out to you? No. I don't.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:39 AM   #67
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

And...another woman has come forward:

Carla Ferrigno, wife of The Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno, has revealed that Bill Cosby used a 'friend' to pick her up and arrange for her to meet the star.

After a night out with Cosby and his wife Camille, they went to Cosby's home in Los Angeles where Camille retired, her date left the room and Cosby tried to have his way with her.

Carla Ferrigno, in an exclusive interview with MailOnline, says she was still in her teens when Cosby tried to sexually assault her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Jg8x5LkM

Old 11-21-2014, 04:09 AM   #68
null123
Minion of Satan

This is amazing

Old 11-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #69
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

it's funny how hannibal burress kind of started this

like charmbag said it's been a matter of public record for years and now suddenly we care. what does that say about the culture that raised us

Old 11-21-2014, 07:47 AM   #70
Trotskilicious
Banned

"Google Bill Cosby Rape I bet you'll get more results than Hannibal Burress."

Old 11-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #71
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I bet that made Lou angry. And Cosby wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #72
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I think you'll find that The Omega Concern is a character who escaped from a Robert Anton Wilson novel.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #73
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I don't want to sound like a youth pastor and i might get shit for this but fuck it... 1 out of 3 rapes are committed while the rapist is under the influence. I don't know the % of women raped that were while they were intoxicated (well i know those numbers in college are 72%) but basically put the two together and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

Alcohol and drugs impair judgement (yes shocking but apparently it bears repeating to most people, none of you i'm pretty sure but some). And sure I like to think i certainly wouldn't be any more likely to rape someone if i was very drunk or very high (to be clear right now, that likelihood is 0%), but can i know 100% for certain? I realise i probably even heavily intoxicated couldnt become such a different person that i would SUDDENLY think it's ok, but intoxication alters how you perceive reality and this is more where the danger lies (and isn't that the number one thing you hear from the rapists when both were intoxicated..."well i thought...she wanted it..she didn't say she didn't...I dunno" that's IF they remember it at all...) And ok, deep down this is NOT who i am so even then it's unlikely, but not everyone is this way, some people just need the little push that those substances give and suddenly they just don't really care that much anymore.... Shit, some people already go through life with fairly impaired judgement without even being intoxicated....

So you can say that basically likely at LEAST one third of rapes (and probably much more) wouldn't happen if people didn't abuse alcohol or drugs... but no, alcohol and drugs are inoffensive entertainment ((and then you add the accidental deaths to the toll those substances have on mankind in general...or even the consensual but unprotected sex that happens while intoxicated which leads to "at best" unwanted pregnancies, and worst, stds)... No i don't want to ban them, i'm not a right winger and i'm not stupid, it's unrealistic, it can't work...but for fuck sake when exactly are people gonna learn that they are dangerous and not to be abused?

Sure even if tomorrow people stopped getting intoxicated, this would never stop rapes, still more than half have nothing to do with substances (well...then there's women who are unwillingly intoxicated but that's another thing entirely). But i think taking down that number by a third would be PRETTY fucking good.... And that is unrealistic too even, but with enough awareness maybe, just maybe even a drop of 15% would be a possibility.

I don't know i'm just sick of the message that, at least if you're young (the definition of which is nowadays basically under 40...), you should be getting intoxicated as often as possible and that's it just good harmless fun.... It really fucking isn't. And 1/3 of rapists raping under the influence and 72% of girls who were raped in college having been raped while they were intoxicated are two very good proofs that it isn't

Old 11-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #74
Elphenor
Braindead

That's stupid. I don't know how much experience you have with drinking, but even when blind drunk you understand "No"

It's more that guys willing to rape will take advantage of intoxicated or entirely knocked out women

Old 11-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #75
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
That's stupid. I don't know how much experience you have with drinking, but even when blind drunk you understand "No"
About 30 or so odd times when i was a teen.

And what part of impairing judgement don't you get? Sure probably the potential for rape is already in the person committing it, but up until then it was only a potential. It was an idea that they realised was bad. Once heavily intoxicated, it may not seem so bad anymore. That's not you and me, ok sure, but that's someone. Alcohol and drugs maybe dont make rapists but they facilitate rapes. They just do. On both sides. Rapist or victim. I guess it's just something we've accepted as a society. Like a necessary evil... well that's what has to happen for the rest of us to enjoy drugs an alcohol responsibly....But i don't know, i find it a bit sick. And i do realise i sound like a conservative jerkface when i say this but eh...

And while on the subject (great why don't i open another can of worms just cause i can), I'm a bit annoyed with the narrative that it's not women who should change their habits but men. Hold on now... I mean yes they're right of course but its utopian. of COURSE men shouldn't be rapists. Of course you SHOULD be able to go out and get intoxicated and not ever have to worry about getting assaulted. But it's unfortunately not the case. There ARE guys out there waiting just for that and no amount of not caring about it and empowering yourself by going out and getting drunk and walking home alone (i used to live in the Mcgill university ghetto and every single night i saw them) will make them stop. It SUCKS but it's just reality right now (and probably forever because men are as about as likely to stop raping as mankind is likely to stop killing each other). Men rape and they will no matter how much you wish them not to (i mean we can take measures as a society to try and change that and i believe it can work to some extent, but just to some extent)

Its like the reality that people steal. I SHOULDN'T have to worry about locking my doors but unfortunately i do if i don't want to make it easier on them and become the victim of a burglary. Women SHOULDN'T have to worry about getting raped and ab0out not making themselves more vulnerable, but they just do and it can't be magically wished away. Let me make this clear so there's no misinterpretation, It's not THEIR FAULT. It never will be their fault, it's the rapist's fault, and yes sometimes no matter how much care you take, you wont be able to prevent it and its fucking awful, but there's basic things that can be done to not make it easier on rapists and i just don't understand this modern narrative that, no, i will just not care. It's mens problem. Yes ok, but it's not getting fixed anytime soon...

Old 11-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #76
Elphenor
Braindead

Yeah, no. There are dudes who are rapists and alcohol only makes it easier to rape. I don't think there's any sort of intoxication that would make someone choose to rape where they would not have.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #77
Elphenor
Braindead

You might as well say women should never go outside because they could be assaulted

Old 11-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #78
Trotskilicious
Banned

i didn't read all that but is he trying to justify rape

Old 11-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #79
Order 66
Socialphobic

i got to youth pastor

Old 11-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #80
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
like charmbag said it's been a matter of public record for years and now suddenly we care. what does that say about the culture that raised us
to never trust people speaking against are revered old tv stars?

i mean what the hell is next, oprah the serial killer? fuck

Old 11-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #81
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
I don't think there's any sort of intoxication that would make someone choose to rape where they would not have.
That's false.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #82
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

good god elphy is even worse on the Gen board

Old 11-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #83
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
You might as well say women should never go outside because they could be assaulted
It's not what he was saying either. It makes sense to take precautions against known evils i.e. it might be wise to go drinking with a group of friends if possible.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #84
hnibos
Braindead

I think he's saying a lot of people don't see it that way because no harm should come of them anyways.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #85
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
it's funny how hannibal burress kind of started this

This

When I heard the recent report that kicked this off my first thought was that this has been public knowledge for a long long time. It's amazing how some celebrities can simply walk away from shit like this over and over without paying any price for it.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #86
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
It's not what he was saying either. It makes sense to take precautions against known evils i.e. it might be wise to go drinking with a group of friends if possible.
So you guys endorse victim blaming but only like to a certain extent

Uhm

Old 11-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #87
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

At what point did Bill Cosby win the title of "good guy" anyway? Is it when he started pretending to be one on his tv show? Maybe he's always been a monster, and people are too stupid to separate his pretend tv role from his real self.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:04 PM   #88
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
So you guys endorse victim blaming but only like to a certain extent

Uhm
No, don't be dense.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #89
hnibos
Braindead

I never said victim should have been more careful, only that it makes sense, unfortunately, to take precautions. I don't know why teb brought it up I'm just clarifying it.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #90
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 21 (UPI) -- Three more women accused Bill Cosby of sexual assault Friday, bringing the total number of women to publicly accuse him to 11.

Renita Chaney Hill, 47, Kristina Ruehli, 71, and Angela Leslie, 52, all went public with their alleged abuse on Friday, after actress Louisa Moritz, nurse Therese Serignese and former Playboy Bunny Carla Ferrigno came forward on Thursday.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_New...4321416591779/