Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #31
LaBelle
Socialphobic

My drinking problem is that the drinks always end.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:44 PM   #32
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

riiiiight

Old 06-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #33
yo soy el mejor

stopping drinking without getting a heavy buzz feels like a waste in my book. like, i drank alcohol for nothing?!

Old 06-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #34
LaBelle
Socialphobic

It's like there's a hole in the bottles, real weird.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #35
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Edit: wrong thread.

Last edited by MplsTaper : 06-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #36
FoolofaTook

I smoke too much weed. When I run out I make scenes and shit.

I know this comes as a great surprise to you.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #37
FoolofaTook

Lemmy once said that the best cure for a hangover was to continue drinking. True story.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #38
Cool As Ice Cream

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
It's like there's a hole in the bottles, real weird.
this is not just an impression. scientists have recently discovered that there is in fact a hole in the bottle. this hole can be used to transport the content from the bottle to your body.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #39
FoolofaTook

Heh check this guy out

get a load of him

Old 06-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #40
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Lemmy once said that the best cure for a hangover was to continue drinking. True story.
I have found that usually drinking a beer in the morning does alleviate a hangover. The great paradox is that when you are sick from drinking, the idea of drinking more is like

Old 06-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #41
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Edit: wrong thread.
No such thing.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:41 PM   #42
Shallowed
Braindead

https://i.redd.it/a3h03uc30e2z.jpg

Old 06-08-2017, 11:48 PM   #43
redbreegull

hahaha

Old 06-09-2017, 01:12 AM   #44
D.
Consume my pants.

I had a really really good night last night. There are some real bright spots here and there in between the crushing sadness.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:11 AM   #45
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
D, what is your favorite 3eb deep cut?
Forgot to answer this: Scattered is good; it's a bside or rarity or something. I feel like The Background is overlooked. A few non album songs like Knife in the Water and Alright Caroline. Gorgeous is good too.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:47 AM   #46
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Interesting guy - ex-addict, now neuroscientist. I read the book and it was very interesting.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:24 AM   #47
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'm still the 10 year old in that panel... well, I drink
I'd probably be 12 then, but they didn't illustrate that

Old 06-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #48
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Forgot to answer this: Scattered is good; it's a bside or rarity or something. I feel like The Background is overlooked. A few non album songs like Knife in the Water and Alright Caroline. Gorgeous is good too.
Damn son! Finally, someone dug deep.

I've always been partial to this one myself:

Old 06-10-2017, 01:19 AM   #49
D.
Consume my pants.

For some reason I just cannot get into Tattoo of the Sun even though I think it's one of their "well known" bsides

Old 06-10-2017, 06:10 AM   #50
FoolofaTook

I just listened to 3eb for the first time in ages. tattoo is really good. hey globes whatever happened to slow motion? Wasn't there an unreleased full band version of the song?

Old 06-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #51
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I just listened to 3eb for the first time in ages. tattoo is really good. hey globes whatever happened to slow motion? Wasn't there an unreleased full band version of the song?
I'll answer this! There is a full band version w vox that was unreleased for years until they finally released it recently.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #52
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

They actually officially released it in 2006 on their greatest hits album.

Me, being the cool guy I am, downloaded it on Napster back in the day.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #53
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i relapsed. it sucked and i wasted $300 in 3 days.

my therapist is away but im not looking forward to telling her.

the fucked up thing is if it didn't cost me like 5x what i used to cost to get these pills, and it didn't take like 3 hours each time i wanted them, i'd probably be fucked idk. they used to be $10 a pop. $15 at most. this time they were $30 and i had to hook my friend up with one (3 times). and then the dealer fucked me and said I only gave him $70 instead of $90 and i didn't want to make a THING out of it, so I just gave him $20 more. prick.

this friend contacted me on facebook. i havent spoken to him in like 6 years. it was really risky, i mean it was not too shady the way the deal went down, but just putting myself at risk (3 times) was stupid as fuck. he could have wanted to rob me or something. the fucked up thing is the only reason i even have facebook is because i messaged him like a year ago APOLOGIZING for introducing him to pills that many years ago.

now he's like oh my birthday is in x weeks you know what would be a GREAT birthday present? dude you are my drug hookup, we don't even hang out, and i just spent more than $100 in getting you pills and gas a shit just to hook me up. wtf. but when i was making my case that i really gave the dude $90 he saw my bank account balance and apparently thinks i'm hot shit. dude i have rent and stuff. just because i have $1000 in my account doesn't mean shit. he still lives with his parents. he's like 36 and barely works. he complained to me about how he's only getting like 20 hours and then one of the days i called him he had called out of work.

anyway rant over, it was stupid and i take responsibility and what sucks is like i said, if it was more convenient and not as expensive i'd prob talk myself into it even though i had very little enjoyment.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:15 PM   #54
noyen
Immortal

i hope you can forgive yourself. it's okay to fuck up. it's good you realize it and all the repercussions. what are you worried about right now?

i relapsed and had pills a few months ago when i was in throes of gout pain. it lasted about a week.

i have been off alcohol for 146 days. weed almost every day though.

hang in there, i'm down to talk if you need to at all.\

i don't have a psychologist but if i told my psychiatrist would do the same about such a thing he'd totally shame me. they do that. gaslighters too. i mean they can be good. but if telling them makes you feel worse don't. cuz they're gonna make you feel bad about it too.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #55
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i lied to my therapist about smoking weed for like a year when i was seeing her. and then the sporadic times i've done pills (which never consisted of my actually copping anything). she was pretty upset at me for lying so much over like 5 years. i told her i wouldn't lie about it any more. she told me she would never get upset over me using but if i didn't tell her then it affected how open i was about everything. which is definitely true. and she didn't want to be a part of actually making things worse. since i told her what about all the other stuff i've gotten a lot more done in therapy.

she will be somewhat disappointed but she won't shame me.

do you get gout pain a lot? i know sometimes people need painkillers, but i also know you know the difference between that and a relapse. so it sucks to hear you relapsed.

good going with the alcohol. funny enough, alcohol doesn't bother me. i barely drink cuz i just dont like it that much. but give me any other type of downer or weed and i'll do it erry day or never.

as for what i'm worried about. fucking a lot. i'm gonna graduate in december and i have to do all of these applications and shit and then i'll be ending therapy in a about a year and i dont know if im ready for any of it quite honestly. and im going to have to travel to do interviews. these grad schools are pretty exclusive. and then i'll have to move and shit. how do you move a cat even. without putting them in with baggage on a plane which i refuse to do? or driving? probably i'll end up driving and need to find pet friendly hotels. whatever

like #firstworldproblems and like these are good problems to have. the guy hooking me up with pills was like flabbergasted with how much 'success' i've had since he met me. he's still in the same place. worse actually. he's pretty melodramatic about everything. like we were at the store and he was trying to get a certain type of deoderant and was all woe-as-me that they didn't have it. like dude you have no money first off and you're buying $6 deodorant? and why exactly do you need to do this with me with you, i just want to go home and do my shit? i dont even know man. every time we got shit he tried to talk me out of more money. and then he was like 'should i feel bad for contacting you? like i made you relapse?' and I said "no dude i made the choice, it's not your fault." and it's NOT but like yeah it's sorta fucked up to offer someone you know is clean shit. like, yes maybe you should rethink that shit

ugh

Last edited by reprise85 : 07-01-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #56
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i think this was going to happen, it was just a matter of when. it's been in my bones for a while now. it's stupid to risk everything i have for this shit. imagine i got arrested? i'd lose my student aid. or i got hooked again and spent all my student loan money, couldnt pay rent, lost my house, where the fuck would my cat go? it's so, so stuipid. and to be clear i'm not blaming my hook up. it's totally my fault

makes me realize how far i really have come, and that i am so past that lifestyle being better than dealing with my own past and feelings. that that lifestyle was better than normal life. and it was for a while. because i couldn't deal with reality. it's not like that anymore.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:23 PM   #57
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

you're not going to buy any more from him, right?

Old 07-02-2017, 12:35 AM   #58
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

nope

Old 07-02-2017, 12:37 AM   #59
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

although i havent blocked him because i enjoy fucking with myself i guess

Old 07-02-2017, 07:47 AM   #60
FoolofaTook

Reprise this dealer sounds real bad. You should stay away if you can.

Sorry to hear about the pills. But it was only a small slip up and you are sober again. You'll be ok. But I understand your anxiety. Sorry this is a really disjointed post. I am depressed myself.

What do you do to stay sober? Me I read.