Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2024, 01:40 AM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Wink Study Shows All Gen Z is Gay

Who turned all these kids gay?

Quote:
In its LGBTQ identity breakdown, the report found 72% of Gen Z adults identified as straight, 15% as bisexual, 5% as gay or lesbian and 8% as something else.

Researchers also found that Gen Z adults were more ethnically and racially diverse than older generations and less likely to affiliate with established religions. Gen Z adults, along with millennials, were also more likely to identify as LGBTQ than Republican, the survey found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...nds-rcna135510

Old 01-25-2024, 01:44 AM   #2
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

The 8% are bisexual kids who insist that they're pansexual, and that it's different than bisexual

Old 01-25-2024, 01:53 AM   #3
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

and they get really mad about it on Reddit

Old 01-25-2024, 09:09 AM   #4
ourruseoffools
Apocalyptic Poster

No one is allowed to touch me but I need EVERYONE to be ravenously attracted to me or it’s over. I was born in the right generation

Old 01-25-2024, 09:37 AM   #5
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Yes, you are perfectly Gen Z

Old 01-25-2024, 11:49 AM   #6
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Are there bi people who are literally exclusively attracted to only two genders or sexes? Like, they're attracted to men and women, but not to non-binary, agender, intersex, or third-gender folks? If so, I can understand how pan would be different from that if pan just means they don't give af about gender or sex when it comes to attraction.

But also, "two" just seems like an arbitrary number. It's easier to wrap my head around somebody exclusively liking one or being open to all of them. I suspect it's the case that most people don't literally mean "I'm attracted to no more than two genders or sexes" when they say "I'm bi," and that, because of this, bisexuality and pansexuality are effectively synonymous. But I'm not an expert.

Old 01-25-2024, 11:51 AM   #7
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I'm starting my own sexuality: pisexualituly (πsexuality). It's applies to anyone who is attracted to an irrational number of people.

Old 01-25-2024, 11:57 AM   #8
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Or has irrational attraction in general. Like, can't stop falling for people with that crazy look in their eye that screams "in three months time I will be spoofing the number of your mum's bank in an effort to have a threat relayed to you?" You might be πsexual.

Old 01-25-2024, 12:36 PM   #9
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Are there bi people who are literally exclusively attracted to only two genders or sexes? Like, they're attracted to men and women, but not to non-binary, agender, intersex, or third-gender folks? If so, I can understand how pan would be different from that if pan just means they don't give af about gender or sex when it comes to attraction.

But also, "two" just seems like an arbitrary number. It's easier to wrap my head around somebody exclusively liking one or being open to all of them. I suspect it's the case that most people don't literally mean "I'm attracted to no more than two genders or sexes" when they say "I'm bi," and that, because of this, bisexuality and pansexuality are effectively synonymous. But I'm not an expert.
The genders that one can be attracted to when they claim bisexuality is genders like their own and genders different than their own. Which makes it really the same thing as pansexuality.

There are definitely people only attracted to two genders, though.

Old 01-25-2024, 10:45 PM   #10
Machinist
Ownz

del.

Last edited by Machinist : 01-25-2024 at 11:12 PM.

Old 01-25-2024, 11:51 PM   #11
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
The genders that one can be attracted to when they claim bisexuality is genders like their own and genders different than their own. Which makes it really the same thing as pansexuality.

I think that's ridiculous. If someone isn't attracted to a trans person, despite the trans person identifying as a gender they are attracted to, it's not because the trans person is a different gender. It's simply a preference. It doesn't require a whole new categorization of who they will fuck.

There are lesbians who don't want to date trans women. If a lesbian does date transwomen, is she pan sexual because she likes more than just cis women. No, she likes women primarily and simply has a preference of the type of women she likes.

The LGBTQA++++++ alphabet has gotten kind of silly that way. Like cis gender Demisexual people who only date opposite sex people, but consider themselves 'queer'. Or A sexual people who might even have traditionally 'straight' relationships, but want to be considered queer, just because they don't want to have sex.

These subcategories are just pointless differentiations.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 01-26-2024 at 12:12 AM.

Old 01-26-2024, 12:19 AM   #12
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I for one won't rest until we legalize asexual marriage and asexual sex.

Old 01-26-2024, 12:19 AM   #13
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:

That makes sense

Old 01-26-2024, 01:35 AM   #14
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
I think that's ridiculous. If someone isn't attracted to a trans person, despite the trans person identifying as a gender they are attracted to, it's not because the trans person is a different gender. It's simply a preference. It doesn't require a whole new categorization of who they will fuck.

There are lesbians who don't want to date trans women. If a lesbian does date transwomen, is she pan sexual because she likes more than just cis women. No, she likes women primarily and simply has a preference of the type of women she likes.

The LGBTQA++++++ alphabet has gotten kind of silly that way. Like cis gender Demisexual people who only date opposite sex people, but consider themselves 'queer'. Or A sexual people who might even have traditionally 'straight' relationships, but want to be considered queer, just because they don't want to have sex.

Identity politics has fucked itself

Old 01-26-2024, 01:48 AM   #15
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:

I'm trying to keep it true to the "bi" prefix! I didn't mean that trans people create the need for extra nuance. More like, as a woman, I like other women and also people that are not women. The same as me and different than me. Both homo AND hetero! That could be men, nonbinary, and leaves the door open. 2 things, so bisexual. I like the word much better than pansexual, there's something too new-agey about that one. Too Gen Z. You just can't top the sexiness of "Hey, I'm bi. So anything goes."

Old 01-26-2024, 01:58 AM   #16
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I actually think that being both "gay and straight" (or both hetero and homo sexual, which feels awkward af to spell out) is more in tune with the true spirit of being bi than being attracted to a specific type of man and woman.

Old 01-26-2024, 11:31 AM   #17
redbreegull

most of my girlfriends have been bisexual

as in, I will never date men again

Old 01-26-2024, 11:31 AM   #18
redbreegull

and yet despite all my experience, the only thing I know about bisexuals is they can't drive and they love iced coffee

Old 01-26-2024, 11:41 AM   #19
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

now sing that to the tune of BWBW

Old 01-26-2024, 11:45 AM   #20
redbreegull

despite all my rage 5% of gen z is gay

Old 01-26-2024, 11:51 AM   #21
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
and yet despite all my experience, the only thing I know about bisexuals is they can't drive and they love iced coffee
my wife is bi, and checks all those boxes

Old 01-26-2024, 12:11 PM   #22
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I can drive but I can't parallel park

Old 01-26-2024, 01:17 PM   #23
redbreegull

i'm not cool and i'm not smart
and i can't even parallel park

-olivia rodrigo

Old 01-26-2024, 03:57 PM   #24
ilikeplanets
Braindead

RBG might beat out Rusey for Most Gen Z netphorian, even though he's my age

Old 01-26-2024, 06:46 PM   #25
great poster
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
my wife is bi, and checks all those boxes
if ur wife was cool and loved u she would never bring up that she’s bi and would have u believe she was straight. massive L cuh…

Old 01-26-2024, 11:17 PM   #26
Toast
Apocalyptic Poster

A record number of U.S. adults identify as LGBTQ. Gen Z is driving the increase.

Quote:
This year’s record high includes 21 percent of Gen Zers who have reached adulthood — which Gallup defines as those born between 1997 and 2003 — making them the generational group with the largest proportion of LGBTQ people.
They've gone from 21 to 28 % in less than two years. I'm sure everything is on the level. 🤔

Old 01-27-2024, 12:32 AM   #27
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

There are people who aren't either men or women. Pansexuals don't generally say they like trans women, cis women, trans men and cis men -- they say they like men, women and other genders (non-binary, etc). Bi people say the same thing, though.

Anyway, I do share the sentiment about the label pansexual. I think bi is more easily understandable by everyone, and I tend to resist labels as a way of describing the exact way I feel as an individual -- if you want to know how I experience gender and sexuality, I'd much rather use my own words to explain all the nuances instead of reaching out for ever more specific labels.

Labels are good for political organising, and for building movements and solidarity. I don't think there's any difference between the way bi and pan people are treated, and we face roughly the same issues as a group. That's why I like 'bi'. It's the more established term.

Tldr; I do think the word pansexual is a bit silly and counterproductive. But this is more like picking on a sibling than any type of real rivalry -- and I become defensive of pan people as soon as it's other people attacking them lol

Quote:

Imho you're off-mark here. I understand the impulse to gatekeep, to protect your group from becoming a meaningless trend, but I think it's useless. I know from experience that internalised gatekeeping kept me isolated and "homeless" into my thirties. It was a very high cost to pay, and for what? What exactly do we gain by acting like gender/sexuality cops?

As far as I am concerned, if you think you don't fit in enough to want to call yourself queer, then by all means do. I can easily imagine a handful of barriers asexual people would encounter in our society specifically for being ace, for example (I don't consider myself aro or ace, but I've struggled with some of those things myself, particularly when I was expected to start acting like a boy towards girls from 11 or so onwards).

We shouldn't be using identity as a way to identify harm or the potential to cause harm, anyway. If you've known any number of queer people you've surely run across plenty of shitty people as well as good ones. Wait and see if the person acts like a dickhead. Pay attention to how they position themselves and see if they show up for you when it matters. A person's identity is just a declaration of intent, it doesn't replace any actual community building.

Old 01-27-2024, 02:04 AM   #28
redbreegull

Quote:
RBG might beat out Rusey for Most Gen Z netphorian, even though he's my age

Old 01-28-2024, 05:45 AM   #29
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Things were much simpler when there was only blokes and sheilas.

Old 01-28-2024, 10:02 AM   #30
ovary
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
There are people who aren't either men or women.
perfect opening sentence for a massive TLDR post