Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #1351
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
The actual tour logo image/font seems at odds with the rest of the handwritten type font merch and promo ads. The old SP heart logo makes more sense with these written lyrics merch than that horrible upgraded computer looking heart logo. Pick a style and stick with it.
Great point

Also the handwriting looks like fucking trash. It's like he sat Augustus down behind MS Paint

Old 03-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #1352
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Great point

Also the handwriting looks like fucking trash. It's like he sat Augustus down behind MS Paint
Yeah, definitely not the best handwriting font I've seen. Then again, have you seen some of Billy's actual handwritten lyric merch? Like those cheap record players he doodles on to sell at quadruple the price. Barely legible. But it probably would have been better to do these handwritten tees in Billy's actual handwriting style to make it feel more personal instead of some generic MS Font. These are HIS lyrics after all. Make it look like they were actually written by him. Using the original SP heart logo is smart, but he already fucked that up by using thst horrible updated futuristic one for tour press. Maybe he needs a third heart logo variation to do the trick... this time in 8 bit pixel art.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #1353
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I believe it's Billy writing on his iPad. The handwriting matches the to-do list he posted on IG here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ben48pKDaOu/

Compared to this...

http://img.cdn2.wmgecom.com/media/ca...-bctoddler.jpg http://img.cdn2.wmgecom.com/media/ca...rt_t-shirt.jpg

Old 03-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #1354
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

we
must
never
sniff
a fart

Old 03-17-2018, 10:26 PM   #1355
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Conceptually, it's a fine idea. But I agree - the execution sucks. The heart clashes SO hard with the lyric.

But, the thought I had today was that if he wants to really hit the cash till, he ought to do CUSTOM ones of these. Ie: submit a lyric of your choosing, he scrawls it onto a shirt and shoots it out to you for like $250 or something insane. Could be kind of cool, because then you could pick a lyric that truly means something to you.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #1356
fuzzyroes
Banned

Those lyric shirts are all hideous but I actually kind of like this one
http://img.cdn2.wmgecom.com/media/ca...-bctoddler.jpg

Old 03-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #1357
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

http://www.dealbyethan.com/images/sv...60218-4700.jpg

Old 03-18-2018, 08:19 AM   #1358
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/pQyPl4r.png

Old 03-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #1359
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

Beside the American Smashing Pumpkins Store there is now also a European.
http://store.smashingpumpkins.com
http://eurostore.smashingpumpkins.com/eu/
On the European there is no music link yet and the Warner Music Group logo is missing on the bottom text stripe. Also the limited three posters (set of three different 11"x17" screen print posters) are not offered there.

The lyrics are described "Smashing Pumpkins lyrics in a design created from Billy Corgan's handwriting, along with the SP logo."
The release date of the shirts is 04/06/2018, the posters a week later. They didn't change the date appearance on the European site to the there usual 06.04.2018 writing. Printing it on both sites 2018/04/06 would be less irritating...

http://img.cdn2.wmgecom.com/media/ca...s-04_store.jpg

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 03-18-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:03 PM   #1360
Ram27
dumb

Jimmy's going to make me buy a ticket isn't he

https://i.imgur.com/vov1hZI.jpg

Old 03-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #1361
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

"this next exploration of music" kind of sounds like they're going to try out fresh new sounds though which is kind of the opposite of what's happening

Old 03-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #1362
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

but sorry, that was having sex with mosquitos on my behalf, apologies

Old 03-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #1363
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

The studio exploration with the new recordings was still on Sakae...

Old 03-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #1364
Ram27
dumb

It's weird to imagine Jimmy getting these drums in the mail and setting them up himself. Like normally he has people do that for him on tour. It's always a pain, at least for me, getting everything pieced together right/comfortably

also that left rack tom is fucking huge on the yamaha

Old 03-18-2018, 07:56 PM   #1365
russticles
Demi-God

That's cause the Sakae kit had a 14x10, the Yamaha has a 14x12 (as it should be). From the looks of things though he's using a 12x8 rack rather than the 13x9 he used to use.

I'm a little disappointed he went with polar white, was hoping he'd have Yamaha cook up something more custom looking for this tour but I guess the 'white' ties in with this tour branding aesthetic... wonder if they'll all be wearing white again.

Still, pretty excited to see his "Yamaha" setup again. I'm wondering what the cymbal config will be on this tour, how many he'll be surrounded by, and if he'll have any extra drums or doodads to hit (timbalitos, cowbells, blocks, aux snares).

Old 03-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #1366
Ram27
dumb

Yeah, he's gone really minimalist with his cymbals lately

I miss the timbales from the MCIS tour. And the two chinas

Last edited by Ram27 : 03-18-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #1367
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
I still say so much of the SP bullshit is Billy being mad D’Arcy fucked James and not him.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:12 AM   #1368
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I still say so much of the SP bullshit is Billy being mad D’Arcy fucked James and not him.
...reminds me of >>>

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/y8CU88KdM_0/hqdefault.jpg

Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #1369
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i think we just see all the stuff he does between albums etc that you've probably missed. i would have said the same thing when the reunion started, that he had enough goodwill in me to always see him. but not anymore. i even drove 1000 miles to asheville. i went to plainsong in 2006. prob not going to shiny and oh so bright, though. too much money.
You're probably right. I have a friend that is like a KISS encyclopedia. He knows everything - deep, deep trivia like weird lawsuits. I tune him out because I don't want to know that much. With the article that came out today (D'arcy saying she's been playing for over a year and worked with Billy to develop the reunion idea), I'm moving closer to your camp.

I'm in Denver now, But I drove to Asheville in 2007 for 3 shows too. I drove up from Orlando. I have a complete show on VHS. I will let you know when it's digitized.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #1370
KissesandNoise
Banned

Then there is weird stuff I only see here and I can't tell if it is Billy hate or truth I haven't found (also goes in the "I don't want to know this much" category): Billy is pissed at D'Arcy because she got with James, Billy went nuts when Paz hooked up with (I don't know who - David?), and crazy stories about multiple STDs.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #1371
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
You're probably right. I have a friend that is like a KISS encyclopedia. He knows everything - deep, deep trivia like weird lawsuits. I tune him out because I don't want to know that much. With the article that came out today (D'arcy saying she's been playing for over a year and worked with Billy to develop the reunion idea), I'm moving closer to your camp.

I'm in Denver now, But I drove to Asheville in 2007 for 3 shows too. I drove up from Orlando. I have a complete show on VHS. I will let you know when it's digitized.
yeah, i drove up from near ft lauderdale. were you at 6/27? best show i've ever been to

Old 03-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #1372
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
Then there is weird stuff I only see here and I can't tell if it is Billy hate or truth I haven't found (also goes in the "I don't want to know this much" category): Billy is pissed at D'Arcy because she got with James, Billy went nuts when Paz hooked up with (I don't know who - David?), and crazy stories about multiple STDs.
afaik that's all wild speculation based on nothing

in 2005 Billy shit on his Zwan bandmates saying they were all immoral drug fiends who were sleeping with each other. beyond that I have no idea

Old 03-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #1373
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
yeah, i drove up from near ft lauderdale. were you at 6/27? best show i've ever been to
I thought I made one June show, but it was July shows. I did a quick write-up later:

http://kissesandnoise.com/2007/07/sm...-7-3-7-5-2007/ I have a toddler, a demanding job, and tons of side work so the blog has become a casualty. I will resurrect it though ... one day, but this time I won't go so wild on the design.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #1374
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
afaik that's all wild speculation based on nothing

in 2005 Billy shit on his Zwan bandmates saying they were all immoral drug fiends who were sleeping with each other. beyond that I have no idea
Good! I was worried I was going to get a dose of info I would wish to unsee

Old 03-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #1375
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
And I think this has to do with how he used to write the music. I think he was prolific because he wrote to impress D'Arcy.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #1376
FoolofaTook

ok

Old 03-19-2018, 06:35 PM   #1377
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobtheliar View Post
And I think this has to do with how he used to write the music. I think he was prolific because he wrote to impress D'Arcy.
chris is blonde. courtney love is blonde. d'arcy is blonde

it's a sine

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/u...g_pumpkins.jpg

Old 03-19-2018, 06:47 PM   #1378
FoolofaTook

also http://media.extratv.com/archive/ima...simpson-ni.jpg

Old 03-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #1379
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobtheliar View Post
i think it's reasonable that his insecurities made him upset, perhaps mostly unconsciously, that d'arcy liked james and not him. but this is on another level and much less likely. she was the driving force? no way

Old 03-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #1380
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
i think it's reasonable that his insecurities made him upset, perhaps mostly unconsciously, that d'arcy liked james and not him. but this is on another level and much less likely. she was the driving force? no way
It's definitely in the realm that you're speaking of. You put down better what I was fleetingly trying to muster. I don't think she was the driving force.