Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #31
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

i disagree, Maynard starts cracking some pretty mean one-liners around the 85-minute mark

Old 02-17-2020, 08:29 PM   #32
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
this fucking advertisement will not stop.. they're showing it more often than Mike Bloomberg ads! I watch NBA games.. and the stupid iphone ad comes on every 10 minutes. Now I'm starting to hate the song that I used to love :-D
This is literally the most played commercial. ESPN, NBC, Comedy Central, TNT, HGTV, FOX, TLC... every station is playing this. Absolutely unbelievable.

37 million views on youtube in 1 week. Would not be surprised if this is the highest trending video of last week.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:03 PM   #33
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
This is literally the most played commercial. ESPN, NBC, Comedy Central, TNT, HGTV, FOX, TLC... every station is playing this. Absolutely unbelievable.

37 million views on youtube in 1 week. Would not be surprised if this is the highest trending video of last week.
yeah, the iPhone commercial is BY FAR the biggest thing to happen to the Smashing Pumpkins since like 1996, 1997. So now Billy has a new generation of fans who will either forget about the song by next week or stick around long enough to be disappointed by the new materiel.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:52 PM   #34
Ram27
dumb

I've never seen this on TV. Granted I watch nothing but sports cause i...dunno

Old 02-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #35
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

It's such a terrible edit of the song too. The lyrics don't make sense the way they pieced it together.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:39 PM   #36
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Perhaps this is the most dynamic thing we have seen the Pumpkins do since Jimmy would come out and expose himself during 1979.

Old 02-24-2020, 12:31 AM   #37
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Thumbs up

the way they edited the song for the commercial is strange, but overall i like the commercial and i never would have guessed this of all songs would be in a commercial

it prompted me to go back and listen, what a gorgeous song. and then i listened to more of mcis, and it was really nice to revisit it. it’s pretty great when the things that have such an impact on you as a teenager hold up like this

Old 02-24-2020, 04:22 AM   #38
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
the way they edited the song for the commercial is strange, but overall i like the commercial and i never would have guessed this of all songs would be in a commercial

it prompted me to go back and listen, what a gorgeous song. and then i listened to more of mcis, and it was really nice to revisit it. it’s pretty great when the things that have such an impact on you as a teenager hold up like this
It was all downhill from MCIS.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:58 AM   #39
Ram27
dumb

I can't tell if the editing is really off or if I've heard the original too much

Like why did it never ******* 'the days are much too bright'? And if it goes into the verse, why not go into 'through the empty space'

Old 02-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #40
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

what

Old 02-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #41
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
i
and yet love the lush weirdness of the autoharp, how each strum moves from left to right in the mix

also the flanged fade-out with add'l subtle bright noises (see also, final synth twinkles of porcelina fadeout, right side)
The kind of stuff Billy used to really excel at - giving his songs atmosphere.

I've always loved walking home at dusk, while the sky is almost totally dark, and playing this, singing along. It's my happy place song.

Old 02-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #42
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

Like why did it never ******* 'the days are much too bright'?
because it potentially implies a shortcoming of the camera's non-nighttime abilities