Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #61
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
He said it had to do with the future of the band...so it could very well be as stupid as that long write up he released back in around 2010 after Jimmy left, where he outlined his plans for the future (of which almost none came to fruition).
Other than Adore dates I'm sure its going to be this.

If I had to go out on a limb and speculate maybe SP is finished as a "band" so BC can continue his synth projects under the SP name with additional help from Jeff on guitar.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #62
hnibos
Braindead

A new single is being released in a week. It will suck.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #63
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I was thinking more like Rupert Grint guest stars in That 70's Show.
hahaha he replaced foreman

Old 03-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #64
fuzzyroes
Banned

Hopefully the fact that this has to do with the future of the band means that there's been a line up change. That dude who broke the story about a reunion being in the works awhile back does atleast have some credibility as he's been right on the money about GnR in the past. Could this possibly be the return of JC+MADM?

Times are tough right now, and I'm sure Jimmy has enjoyed his time off doing clinics and what not but eventually he's probably gonna need to start earning some real money again. MADM hasn't really been having much success on her own either.

I believe Matt Walkers also out of work too. Could Billy be reuniting with him again?

Corgan isn't getting any younger, so It'd be nice to see him playing with some musicians who are the real deal again. The guys nearing his 50 so of course we won't see the intensity that he's had back in his 20's but it would still be cool if he could age gracefully making some dynamic music with some other awesome musicians.

I'm also stoked about finally hearing that RR version of LMGTWTY. That's always been one of my favorite SP tracks so it'll be nice to hear the original studio version.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #65
fuzzyroes
Banned

Also, the fact that it's a "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" would have one believe that it's going to be something exciting.

This could be good fellas!

Old 03-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #66
TuralyonW3
Immortal

You know to be honest...billy, jimmy, Jeff and Nicole is a pretty good band...if billy can actually write good songs. Too bad his voice is basically shot at this point. Need a decent touring keyboardist as well.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #67
slunken
Virgo

yea I was gonna say the band really isn't the problem anymore

Old 03-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #68
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Not if it was produced like zeitgeist or Oceania

Old 03-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #69
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Billy Corgan
Don't forget, RESISTANCE PRO tonight at ST FRANCIS de SALES HS, CHICAGO..come support local talent and watch for a Pumpkins related surprise
(https://twitter.com/Billy/status/447059918583889920)
Clusterfuck publicity all the way, just a shame he didn't manage to ******* tea

Old 03-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #70
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Ha, I didn't even notice that when I first saw that tweet, because I had stopped reading after "resistance pro."

lame.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #71
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Now I'm listening/watching a lot of stuff from that first year back. Are we going to sit here and pretend like that first year back wasn't quality stuff?

I saw them headline the Virgin Festival in 2007 and they killed it. Can't believe that was already 7 years ago almost.

Getting nostalgic for the Zeitgeist era.
I'm sure the live performances were fine (33 from that German festival was one of the best performances I've ever seen of that song) but the music wasn't all that great. There are some decent songs on Zeitgeist, but there are a lot of embarrassing songs too. You only see it that way now because things have become so comically bad since those 7 years…I can't believe it has been 7 fucking years either, and 5 since Jimmy left. What the fuck has Billy been doing for the past decade?

Old 03-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #72
Bread Regal
Banned

I can totally understand Jimmy's reluctance to play live; his kid is at that age where being around is really important, and the ceaseless grind of being in a different hotel room every 1-2 nights and playing the same songs every night can be emotionally draining, especially for a jazzer like him who probably writes those intricate drum parts in a matter of hours.

There are bands out there like Neurosis who who play like 2 or 3 shows a month, so maybe something like that might suit them. Play a fest here or there. Maybe a string of shows from Atlanta to DC, LA to Seattle. London to Edinburgh.

I think Billy thrives artistically on the demanding tour schedule though. I think everyone agrees that his music is better when he's backed himself into a corner.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #73
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, there were a lot of decent live only songs from that era. There were a number of songs that came out during those residencies and during the European tour in 2007 that had a lot of potential, some beautiful acoustic songs too.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #74
slunken
Virgo

Peace + Love has aged well. Rose March is still a good ballad but the DVD version trumps the American Gothic one.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #75
applepwnz
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
melvoin's back in the band.
melvoin's fucking dead, surry

Old 03-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #76
Baffler_Meal
Mothmonsterman

MADM and Jimmy are back in the band. We decided to finally record Gossamer and As Rome Burns in the studio. You can have them both for free as a taste of things to come. The new album is already recorded and will be released on June 17th. See you in June!

Then I wake up sobbing.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #77
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Hopefully the fact that this has to do with the future of the band means that there's been a line up change. That dude who broke the story about a reunion being in the works awhile back does atleast have some credibility as he's been right on the money about GnR in the past. Could this possibly be the return of JC+MADM?

Times are tough right now, and I'm sure Jimmy has enjoyed his time off doing clinics and what not but eventually he's probably gonna need to start earning some real money again. MADM hasn't really been having much success on her own either.

I believe Matt Walkers also out of work too. Could Billy be reuniting with him again?

Corgan isn't getting any younger, so It'd be nice to see him playing with some musicians who are the real deal again. The guys nearing his 50 so of course we won't see the intensity that he's had back in his 20's but it would still be cool if he could age gracefully making some dynamic music with some other awesome musicians.

I'm also stoked about finally hearing that RR version of LMGTWTY. That's always been one of my favorite SP tracks so it'll be nice to hear the original studio version.
I really do not expect Chamberlin to come back in the fold. When he left, it seemed to be a complete decision. If he had any doubts about leaving the band, I think he would have stayed in.

He just seems content dong whatever comes his way that is not necessarily band related or does not require a huge commitment. Stuff like drum clinics, the occasional gig with Frank Catalano, and recording on random projects like the Tyson Meade album. He did not even stay in Skysaw and that band hardly kept a busy schedule.

I only see Jimmy returning if it was not a big commitment on his part, or if Billy really handed over some of the songwriting duties to Jimmy.

MADM I could see going either way. She speaks very fondly of her time in the band, but has also said it was very stressful and recognized that she really only came in out of necessity. She seems pretty content living her life and working on the occasional solo project. I would be perfectly happy with either Melissa or Nicole on bass though.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:58 AM   #78
T&T
Socialphobic

who is madm dating nowadays?

Old 03-22-2014, 02:03 AM   #79
slunken
Virgo

me

Old 03-22-2014, 02:41 AM   #80
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

TFE 2 would shit all over anything from teagarden.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:43 AM   #81
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Also, the fact that it's a "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" would have one believe that it's going to be something exciting.

This could be good fellas!
lol

Old 03-22-2014, 03:23 AM   #82
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Yeah like James in 07

Old 03-22-2014, 03:27 AM   #83
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
>>>

Quote:
On November 26, 2013, Walker announced on his Facebook page "i'm very happy to announce i will be drumming again for morrissey, beginning with a performance at the nobel peace prize ceremony in oslo, norway."
Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Walker_%28drummer%29

Quote:
Morrissey will release a new album later this year.

The singer has signed a new, worldwide record deal with Universal Music’s US-based Harvest Records. In a statement, he said he was "thrilled" to sign the contract.

Harvest’s joint general managers Piero Giramonti and Jacqueline Saturn confirmed Morrissey’s first album under the deal will be released in the second half of 2014, and that he is starting work on what will be his 10th solo album, the follow-up to 2009's Years Of Refusal, later this month in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli.

Joining Morrissey in France will be his longtime recording and touring band, including Boz Boorer (guitar), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Solomon Walker (bass), Matthew Walker (drums) and Gustavo Manzur (keyboards). Tour dates for 2014 are also expected to be announced soon.
Source:
http://www.uncut.co.uk/node/19699#IxKfUL4HMMlsfjkY.99

Old 03-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #84
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Both Mike & Nicole haven't retweeted >>>

(16 hours ago)

"Billy Corgan ‏@Billy
Big news on Monday involves future SP, but for today I'll mention that we just finished mix of LetMeGiveTheWorldToYou for Adore: Amazing!!"

If they were still part of "future SP", wouldn't they be excited about sharing the "big news" and retweed Billy's announcement of the announcement?

Nicole's latest tweet (11 hours ago):

"Nicole Fiorentino ‏@xocoleyf
SF!! We're playing at Mac Makeup store for their grand opening this Sat 7 pm and Sun 6 pm. no rsvp needed. FREE! pic.twitter.com/rmjfmMP2bb"

Mike's latest tweet (5 days ago):

"Mike Byrne ‏@MikeByrneDrums
Oh man, SXSW was nuts, Lafayette was crazy, tonight we're in Baton Rouge at Spanish Moon, come hang with us!"

Old 03-22-2014, 06:16 AM   #85
Shallowed
Braindead

Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy?

Old 03-22-2014, 06:27 AM   #86
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Alternativenation.net being dramatic >>>

Quote:
Speculation is running rampant that Jimmy Chamberlin will be returning to the band after 5 years, but there has been no confirmation of this thus far.
Link:
http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=44880

Old 03-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #87
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

"well, i had some big news i wanted to announce today, but i made the mistake of checking the online communities for reactions to this announced announcement. and all i read was speculation about me firing half of the band. i was shocked! if this is what people want from me, then fuck it. i can tell you that the news i wanted to share with you today would have filled your hearts with joy, but that's all i will say. if this is the climate i have to work in, i can't do it. we love you, bc"

Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #88
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
"well, i had some big news i wanted to announce today, but i made the mistake of checking the online communities for reactions to this announced announcement. and all i read was speculation about me firing half of the band. i was shocked! if this is what people want from me, then fuck it. i can tell you that the news i wanted to share with you today would have filled your hearts with joy, but that's all i will say. if this is the climate i have to work in, i can't do it. we love you, bc"

Or this version...fast forward 10 years >>>

"I wanted to announce something incredible. But after I announced my announcement I went on the internet like an idiot the next day and read what the fans were writing and they said ‘Can you please fire your drummer and probably your bass and guitar player, too? Screw this band, we don’t want to hear this shit, dadadada.’ And I said OK, and I decided not to announce my incredible plan. I have it written down on paper. It’s sitting in my safe to this day. People who’ve read it say it’s the most incredible idea/plan ever. It’s just sitting there."

Old 03-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #89
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

No doubt the only reason he announces announcements is so he can lap this shit up.

Old 03-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #90
Syrial Carpens
Pledge

The announcement of announcements reminds me of Spaceballs. "What are you preparing?! You're always preparing! Just go!"